PDA

View Full Version : Tank Warfare sqaud

hellscaretaker
10-06-2014, 06:04 AM
I doubt this is at all possible due the nature of this game, i seen people go on about having a all copper squad when doing the boss events and even of nothing but rocket squads, what about all tank squad?

I near got there myself with one,

Kadr XII UC 36
Great Sickle R 20
Persephone R 20
Trotsky MBT C 40
Lamassu SR SR 20
Kopis R 20

Yeah i know the Lamassu is not a tank, even with a Kardi i was still lacking some air cover punch. The Kopis is acting as a quick unit to get in some quick hits. While the three tanks are my punching force.
Im a level 65 but not got lucky on the unit drops which reflects in the units im currently using.

I have got a Trotsby MBT UC which im slowing building up to replace the C unit.

Silentoblivion
10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
if thats all you have then thats what you have to use, but this should not get you very far, for the tank, the trotskys are pretty useless, high cost, high recharge rate, and slow, the lamassu, kadri, and kopis, are the better ones there, at least for the boss battle,if you could get your hands on rocket squads and ranger squads, you can throw those out as the come available making a constant stream of infantry to slow down the boss while the kadri, and lamassu rain down fire from above, you can trade the trotsky and the persephone for the infrantry units, you might do a little better

hellscaretaker
10-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Hi slientoblivion i was asking if a tank squad is at all possible? I do have a R rocket squard dont have a Ranger squad only single ranger unit but once again just asking as anyone done a tank squad and if so what you used?

CJCJ
10-06-2014, 10:43 AM
I was right where you are a few wks ago. I never bothered with Rocket Squads and thought they were pretty stupid. I'd laugh whenever I saw them in battle as I'd put out a cheap Assembly or Perseus machine gunner and mow them all down like grass. Then the Boss started killing me and my tanks real easy as most have a range of 15 and slow fire rate. Maybe they get 1 or 2 shots in, then get crushed. When I came here and the Wiki to look for advice I read about the rocket squads. I feel kinda bad sending them all into the wood chipper but it does slow the boss down so my 2 or 3 other (long range) units can do damage. At a supply cost of 64 or 71 its the only way to go. I usually fight the boss with 3 or 4 rocket squads so its a constant stream of infantry puree, and I've experimented with up to 5. It still takes me a while to kill the boss at high levels though, as now its a waiting game to see if I can promote any of my higher power SR or UR units.

Good luck.

Bloodanguts
10-06-2014, 01:46 PM
War is hell.

KillerKumaClone
10-11-2014, 06:44 PM
I also went anti-troop/heavy armor focus in my squad for a long time. I am still not fond of the meat grinder strategy.

My squad evolved something like this:

UC Prople's Dagger (?/?)
C Perseus (40/40 Max)
UC Kadri (40/40 Max)
UC Theseus (40/40 Max)
UC Trotsky MBT (40/40 Max)
UC Cerberus (40/40 Max)

That was to cover a period of time where I had no good copters. I had to keep increasing the anti-air as my opponents choppers got tougher and more players started running double or triple copter squads. It worked from Lv30 to Lv45-50 roughly. Obviously some other units came and went. This is just a rough approximation of what lasted.

Side note: the Kadri was noticeably inferior to the Theseus in battle.

Then evolved:
UC recon (current event unit or kemal squad)
UC Theseus (40/40 Max)
UC Cerberus (40/40 Max)
R Pokryshikan (50/50 Max)
SR Ataturk III (20/20)

This lasted into the 100's. The Ataturk eventually got 30/30. The Pokryshikan is the major air support. The Ataturk is the heavy mop up because its far too slow to be be useful support.

Use:

I've just found my first 3-4 drops are always the same based on the opponent's opener.

Opponent drops recon first - I will almost always meet this with a tank immediately followed by my second tank, then an anti-air. Becuase the opponent's second drop is probably going to be a tank (90%) so I've got two tanks meeting his - 1 damaged, 1 new. Their third drop is most likely a chopper. Hence the anti-air.

Opponent drops troops/chopper first - I drop recon and anti-air one will backup for the other whichever I start with. My tank always comes next because we know their armor is coming soon if they haven't already dropped it.

Opponent drops tank first - I drop two, either together or in as quick of succession as possible. Just in case their tank is tougher. And their first tank is followed by another tank 9 times out of 10. So if I can get a third tank out I will. (Armor v. Armor it always better to meet force with greater force.) Followed by anti-air because we know a chopper or two are probably next down the pipe.

I found the fastest way to lose if you're running a heavy armor squad (aka high deploy cost squad) is to not anticipate the next drop. The second drop is so often a tank you can almost be certain of it. The third drop has a very high chance of being a fast chopper. Being ready for those will save you time after time after time. If you can have your counter unit deployed before theirs touches down, your survival rate increases.

If you run this type of expensive squad, when you die, it will becuase you were stuck reacting and just couldn't get units out. You cannot be reactive. You must be anticipatory. Correctly predicting what you'll need before you need it. Decimate the opponent by having a brutal response already out and waiting.

I don't really "watch" the battle after the first few drops. Especially at 3x. I'm concentrating on pattern and tempo of my drops. I am aware of the "tide" of battle and I'm alert for shifts. As long as the tide's flow is mostly towards the opponent. All is usually well. My eyes are mostly on my "cards" watching recycle and my supply.

Pay attention to how and when you up your supply. Using your initial force to buy you time to raise supply. Just make sure you have an adequate force landed to take up the battle when your initial force is wiped out. The farther your initial response makes it towards the opponent the better. But if you over-feed the initial force, you won't get a sufficient second force out in time.

Anticipation is also important with very slow units like the Ataturk. You need to deploy it well BEFORE you need it. Or you'll die every time.

Bloodanguts
10-11-2014, 07:52 PM
I also went anti-troop/heavy armor focus in my squad for a long time. I am still not fond of the meat grinder strategy.

My squad evolved something like this:

UC Prople's Dagger (?/?)
C Perseus (40/40 Max)
UC Kadri (40/40 Max)
UC Theseus (40/40 Max)
UC Cerberus (40/40 Max)

That was to cover a period of time where I had no good copters. I had to keep increasing the anti-air as my opponents choppers got tougher and more players started running double or triple copter squads. It worked from Lv30 to Lv45-50 roughly. Obviously some other units came and went. This is just a rough approximation of what lasted.

Side note: the Kadri was noticeably inferior to the Theseus in battle.

Then evolved:
UC recon (current event unit or kemal squad)
UC Theseus (40/40 Max)
UC Cerberus (40/40 Max)
R Pokryshikan (50/50 Max)
SR Ataturk III (20/20)

This lasted into the 100's. The Ataturk eventually got 30/30. The Pokryshikan is the major air support. The Ataturk is the heavy mop up because its far too slow to be be useful support.

Use:

I've just found my first 3-4 drops are always the same based on the opponent's opener.

Opponent drops recon first - I will almost always meet this with a tank immediately followed by my second tank, then an anti-air. Becuase the opponent's second drop is probably going to be a tank (90%) so I've got two tanks meeting his - 1 damaged, 1 new. Their third drop is most likely a chopper. Hence the anti-air.

Opponent drops troops/chopper first - I drop recon and anti-air one will backup for the other whichever I start with. My tank always comes next because we know their armor is coming soon if they haven't already dropped it.

Opponent drops tank first - I drop two, either together or in as quick of succession as possible. Just in case their tank is tougher. And their first tank is followed by another tank 9 times out of 10. So if I can get a third tank out I will. (Armor v. Armor it always better to meet force with greater force.) Followed by anti-air because we know a chopper or two are probably next down the pipe.

I found the fastest way to lose if you're running a heavy armor squad (aka high deploy cost squad) is to not anticipate the next drop. The second drop is so often a tank you can almost be certain of it. The third drop has a very high chance of being a fast chopper. Being ready for those will save you time after time after time. If you can have your counter unit deployed before theirs touches down, your survival rate increases.

If you run this type of expensive squad, when you die, it will becuase you were stuck reacting and just couldn't get units out. You cannot be reactive. You must be anticipatory. Correctly predicting what you'll need before you need it. Decimate the opponent by having a brutal response already out and waiting.

I don't really "watch" the battle after the first few drops. Especially at 3x. I'm concentrating on pattern and tempo of my drops. I am aware of the "tide" of battle and I'm alert for shifts. As long as the tide's flow is mostly towards the opponent. All is usually well. My eyes are mostly on my "cards" watching recycle and my supply.

Pay attention to how and when you up your supply. Using your initial force to buy you time to raise supply. Just make sure you have an adequate force landed to take up the battle when your initial force is wiped out. The farther your initial response makes it towards the opponent the better. But if you over-feed the initial force, you won't get a sufficient second force out in time.

Anticipation is also important with very slow units like the Ataturk. You need to deploy it well BEFORE you need it. Or you'll die every time.

What do you do when someone has no adverse moral qualms about sending 32 rocket men against your unbeatable plan,?

KillerKumaClone
10-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Sometimes I lose. But more often than not, they all die and I win. Mwuhahaha!

(Never said I had a problem BEING the grinder. Just not overly fond of feeding it. Partly because I just don't have a very good mix of infantry to send. Though I'm collecting and training up meat in preparation for that to change...)

Honestly I went this route early in the game after noticing how ridiculously easy it was to grind up and spit out other player's infantry. I just used the extra slots to have more recon or anti-air. Which as I've pointed out, anti-air is also highly effective anti-infantry. I found the early levels of this game in PvP and campaign a literal cake-walk with that strategy.

I'm responding to the op's question because it sounds like they've tried something akin to what I have quite successfully done. There have been a few hiccups. I've tried putting in infantry. Usually I find a better solution elsewhere. Like dropping in an artillery unit. And I get past whatever hurdle had me briefly blocked.

For infantry, I have a Comrade Zero, a Sand Viper, a Hastatus Sniper, an Exterminator Squad, a UC Rocket Squad, a UC Ranger Squad. None are maxed. Rocket squads of the UC and R variety seem stupidly hard to come by. And I have yet to get one of these mythical Liang's Reapers. Never gotten a R Rocket Squad. Early on in the game, I fed infantry to my other units thinking I would never want it. I was wrong. But I've been working for some time to gather infantry and getting rather frustrated by the infrequency of their availability.

So anyone who does go this route. KEEP THE INFANTRY FOR LATER!!! Don't make the mistake I did.

However, the strategy of going bigger and stronger with a costlier deploy CAN and DOES work if you manage your supply use well and anticipate a bit. (Infantry lovers are easy to shred because you know what they're gonna keep sending. They usually haven't got much else. Mow down the troops and drive a tank or two up the middle and blow their base to bits.)