PDA

View Full Version : Power Boost

BaziOne
10-30-2014, 08:23 AM
I see some players have gotten a power boost upgrade that gives their R, SR, and UR units a massive stat boost. Why isn't this made available to all players at the same time?

eagleProphet
10-30-2014, 09:19 AM
I see some players have gotten a power boost upgrade that gives their R, SR, and UR units a massive stat boost. Why isn't this made available to all players at the same time?

I got it, and it completely changes the game. First off, all those level 30 UR units sitting in my storage have become valuable players. Secondly, all my UCs just became training fodder, including my rocket squads. Third, the Boss's officers also got the power boost. I had to try 3 different combinations of units before I found the right cards to take out Lt. Kozlov, whom I could defeat with ease before the boost. Fourth, beating the lvl 50+ Bosses with only 1 morale just became easy-peasy. ��

Hunter Hespen
10-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Power boost?

What are you guys talking about? Did gree boost the stats on some units?

EDIT:

Holy tits, I see the power boost now. LOL!

BaziOne
10-30-2014, 10:08 AM
I wish I could get it - taking 3 attacks now on L60+ bosses - where is my power boost Gree!!!

Bloodanguts
10-30-2014, 10:10 AM
I wish I could get it - taking 3 attacks now on L60+ bosses - where is my power boost Gree!!!

Try reinstalling, worked for me

Hunter Hespen
10-30-2014, 10:23 AM
I am having extreme mixed feelings about this power boost re-balance... I am not so sure it was a good idea. Just my initial feelings after playing for 10 minutes though.

BaziOne
10-30-2014, 11:34 AM
I've hard-closed and restarted several times and no power boost. I've delted and reinstalled x2 and no power boost. This is not really fair that some have it and dome don't Gree! Please address this and let us know when it will be available to all!

WarZoneFare
10-30-2014, 11:44 AM

The damage of my "40/40 SR 195 Daedalus" suddenly dropped to 708 while the health was increased to 11328. This can't be right. It's a SR unit and one of my most powerful air defense weapon and now it's literally useless.

Drkaic
10-30-2014, 12:36 PM
Power boost is an understatement. No complaints here. Always thought Ultra Rare units were not too much better than SR. Now there is a difference.

BaziOne
10-30-2014, 01:15 PM
So - is there anyone besides me that doesn't have the power boost?

eagleProphet
10-30-2014, 01:21 PM
I am having extreme mixed feelings about this power boost re-balance... I am not so sure it was a good idea. Just my initial feelings after playing for 10 minutes though.

Go check out those unpromoted UR units gathering dust in your storage, and your feelings won't be mixed. ;)

Fynrfin
10-30-2014, 01:42 PM
So - is there anyone besides me that doesn't have the power boost?

At least I sew no difference in my R units, nor in my one UR unit

CJCJ
10-30-2014, 01:48 PM
I'm curious about it, but don't see anything yet. I suppose it's rolling out slowly like the Campaign Objectives?

I want to know how it works. Can it be turned off and on? Does it cost anything real $$ or gold or fake money??

Amadeus
10-30-2014, 01:53 PM
I'm curious about it, but don't see anything yet. I suppose it's rolling out slowly like the Campaign Objectives?

I want to know how it works. Can it be turned off and on? Does it cost anything real $$ or gold or fake money??
CJCJ, it is a universal update for every unit. You cannot change it. It costs no extra money or gold. Basically all units are stronger and they have increased the power gap between UR and SR, SR and R, and so forth. Basically I am able to beat a lvl 92 boss the first time around using no extra morale. Hope this helps.

Also Gree. Not every player has received this update, is it something that is rolling out slow like some members are implying? DETAILS PLEASE

AmadeusINC
Commander

eagleProphet
10-30-2014, 01:56 PM

It is a free, permanent upgrade to all units that are Rare or higher. There's a message from HQ about it under "News" - "Messages." It was an auto-update. I received it this morning.

CJCJ
10-30-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the details, Amadeus and eagleProphet. I guess its just something that happens and when it does, I'll know it.

I guess they felt the need to recalibrate the numbers as the upper units weren't 'upper' enough!

BaziOne
10-30-2014, 02:33 PM
At least I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten it yet.

But - hardly seems fair that some people have it (and can beat a L60+ Boss with 1 Attack) while others don't and need to use 4 or 5 attacks to kill the same boss while both have similar units.

Gree - you need to address this ASAP please - when will everyone have this boost?

neponimayu
10-30-2014, 06:35 PM
At my end everything except Kullervo's rage got the boost.

Amadeus
10-30-2014, 07:04 PM

But - hardly seems fair that some people have it (and can beat a L60+ Boss with 1 Attack) while others don't and need to use 4 or 5 attacks to kill the same boss while both have similar units.

Gree - you need to address this ASAP please - when will everyone have this boost?

Just to shed some light. I have a member who just now got the update. So I'm sure it is coming your way soon. Also waiting on a response to a reply I sent you on another thread.

AmadeusINC
Commander

garen argon
10-30-2014, 09:01 PM
I got it, and it completely changes the game. First off, all those level 30 UR units sitting in my storage have become valuable players. Secondly, all my UCs just became training fodder, including my rocket squads. Third, the Boss's officers also got the power boost. I had to try 3 different combinations of units before I found the right cards to take out Lt. Kozlov, whom I could defeat with ease before the boost. Fourth, beating the lvl 50+ Bosses with only 1 morale just became easy-peasy. ��

save the uc's you will need them for the new campaign events...

garen argon
10-30-2014, 09:02 PM
what this change does is make every SR/R/UC/C unit moot.

the game is now all about UR units. i have a level 50 sr unit that is weaker than a lvl 20 ur unit. go figure.

Fynrfin
10-30-2014, 09:43 PM

But not all units got the boost on both attack and defense AND as someone else pointed out the officers in the boss event got them too

So should all R and above have been upgraded on both att and def as the notice say or just most units on oat least one of the scores?

SpartanPhalanx
10-30-2014, 11:21 PM
what this change does is make every SR/R/UC/C unit moot.

the game is now all about UR units. i have a level 50 sr unit that is weaker than a lvl 20 ur unit. go figure.

Vast majority of units as follows:

Rares have doubled,
SuperRares have quadrupled,
UltraRares have increased 8 fold.

Jamestkirk
10-31-2014, 01:03 AM
Well all my rare units have become obsolete over night, but UR now coming into their own, so if you have UR units, all is well. Boss event is also changed the boss in top right corner is seriously hard, but main boss tank is easy, so it's all quite balanced.

Jamestkirk
10-31-2014, 04:07 AM
can anyone suggest a good combo or type of units for Lt Kozlov, with the new upgrades I can't get past him, no matter what I try, getting a bit annoying.

Delroy Djtax Green
10-31-2014, 04:12 AM
Is it me or is the lukeni hard to beat....b4 the boost the game was right and now I can't get past the lukeni no matter what I use.....

Patches
10-31-2014, 04:55 AM
I agree with Rares instantly being obsolete. My level 20 UR smoke a vast majority of maxed level 50 Rares. I like the idea of adjustments to units, but this seems unbalancing. I'm betting there will be future enhancements/nerfs.

CJCJ
10-31-2014, 05:16 AM
I got updated last night and it sure does change things. MAYBE GREE heard us complain about all those Lvl 20 UR and SR that were useless because we could never get a duplicate unit to promote. Now with this boost, Lvl 20 or 30 SR/UR can be used. But yes, of course its at the cost of other Rare units that are now 'weaker.'

The Lukeni?? Yeah, that got me too on Kozlov - a few times and it pissed me off! Load up w/UR,SR units - anything long range (I used a GaeBulg and the Sejanus, Commoners Revenge) It takes 3 or 4 hits to knock it out, so you will lose some units, but eventually it'll go down. A big copter might take it out too (it cant shoot aircraft, right?), but I couldn't get anything past all the other recon to get a shot.

Uh-oh... has anyone battled an Orontes yet??? The Janissary was my only chance against it and if Orontes got such a big boost - what could possibly take it out???

Tom Wubben
10-31-2014, 05:38 AM
It really all comes to spending money. For people who don't want to spend some money on it, the SR and UR units are almost impossible to obtain...

I really LIKED the game, but these changes really make me consider to stop playing it, although i do have some UR and SR units like the Sejanus/Nessus...

Al comes down to the fact that Bronze/Silver keys are worthless and the UC units are just to level up the R/SR/UR units...

Pointless... Just get it back to what is was....

Jamestkirk
10-31-2014, 07:05 AM
I got updated last night and it sure does change things. MAYBE GREE heard us complain about all those Lvl 20 UR and SR that were useless because we could never get a duplicate unit to promote. Now with this boost, Lvl 20 or 30 SR/UR can be used. But yes, of course its at the cost of other Rare units that are now 'weaker.'

The Lukeni?? Yeah, that got me too on Kozlov - a few times and it pissed me off! Load up w/UR,SR units - anything long range (I used a GaeBulg and the Sejanus, Commoners Revenge) It takes 3 or 4 hits to knock it out, so you will lose some units, but eventually it'll go down. A big copter might take it out too (it cant shoot aircraft, right?), but I couldn't get anything past all the other recon to get a shot.

Uh-oh... has anyone battled an Orontes yet??? The Janissary was my only chance against it and if Orontes got such a big boost - what could possibly take it out???

thanks CJCJ I've only got Sejanus, I'm going to try two aircraft next time, but their stats are weaker, but it used to be Phoenix I used so will try again

neponimayu
10-31-2014, 07:45 AM
Well this power boost is ridiculous. The balance is completely rubbish now, there's no way you can finish the normal campaign without having UR/SR units now at max rank and the boss challenge meaningless

Tadaaah
10-31-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks for all the feedback on this change!

All units of "rare" and higher quality have been significantly improved, with increases to offensive and defensive performance. All of your existing Rare, Super Rare, and Ultra Rare units have been upgraded automatically.

eagleProphet
10-31-2014, 10:30 AM
So far, I'm lovin' it! :D

Jamestkirk
10-31-2014, 10:55 AM
id love it if I could beat Lt Koslov but it's just impossible and I've got some nice units but I'm stuck on lvl 48. I can beat main boss with one hit, but can't beat Koslov, his units are too powerful - Tadaaah please look at that, it's out of line with other bosses

eagleProphet
10-31-2014, 11:14 AM
id love it if I could beat Lt Koslov but it's just impossible and I've got some nice units but I'm stuck on lvl 48. I can beat main boss with one hit, but can't beat Koslov, his units are too powerful - Tadaaah please look at that, it's out of line with other bosses

I ran into the same wall yesterday. I had to try a completely new combination of units. If you have the lvl 50 Sejanus and the lvl 30 Commoner's Revenge (more powerful than Sejanus now with the boost), these two with other boosted units should do it. You need long range units to beat Kozlov. I also started to lose to Herrera after about lvl 62; 1 Sagittarius was no longer enough to take out the Helos. There again, trying out some new combinations did the trick. Good luck!

CJCJ
10-31-2014, 11:57 AM
I ran into the same wall yesterday. I had to try a completely new combination of units. If you have the lvl 50 Sejanus and the lvl 30 Commoner's Revenge (more powerful than Sejanus now with the boost), these two with other boosted units should do it. You need long range units to beat Kozlov. I also started to lose to Herrera after about lvl 62; 1 Sagittarius was no longer enough to take out the Helos. There again, trying out some new combinations did the trick. Good luck!
Exactly what I found as well. I throw in my 30 Gae Bulg too since it has the range. That Hyperion takes 4 or 5 shots to kill, and it usually takes out both Sej and CommRev at the same time as it dies.

garen argon
10-31-2014, 12:31 PM
Thanks for all the feedback on this change!

All units of "rare" and higher quality have been significantly improved, with increases to offensive and defensive performance. All of your existing Rare, Super Rare, and Ultra Rare units have been upgraded automatically.

The problem Tadaaah is the increase in stats is no longer in balance. I have a level 20 UR unit that is stronger than the level 50 SR unit of the same type. (Commoners Revenge v Sejanus). Going up against Orontes, Hyperions etc are now brutal. This applies to both the boss and campaign stages.

Rare units are now fodder units; the same is true for SR units. I have a squad of UR units; and it's fun to watch one unit destroy an entire event. but the balance of the game is gone.

Please revert this change.

garen argon
10-31-2014, 12:32 PM
and while you are at it; revert the scoring on the epic boss as well. this new system is impossible.

Jamestkirk
10-31-2014, 01:35 PM
U
Exactly what I found as well. I throw in my 30 Gae Bulg too since it has the range. That Hyperion takes 4 or 5 shots to kill, and it usually takes out both Sej and CommRev at the same time as it dies.

great advice, up to the point when I don't have the Gae Bulg or CommRev, so guess I'm going to struggle. Hit him with triple boost 15 Attack and lost, waiting to regen and try again as he's half down

HornedOwl
10-31-2014, 02:34 PM
I am a fan of this change. I know many complaints have been made in the past that getting URs are hard enough, and a lvl 20 UR was useless compared to a lvl 30 SR of equivalent unit type (think Sylph to Balyakov's Dream).

This change makes getting those hard-to-get UR units actually useful, even at lvl 20.

I think this is a fantastic change.

Jamestkirk
10-31-2014, 03:51 PM
Ok so Lt. Koslov, I've found that using 15 power and don't try to speed up but deploy 5 units immediately and the boss can't deploy his units quick enough so you win before he's got going.

paigesfury
10-31-2014, 04:19 PM
I think upgrading the units is good. My only concern is how I'm going to handle some of the LVL 50 UR units I might face. I have several LVL 30 UR units, but I don't see anything that could take out something like a LVL 50 Orontes. Since the UR units are now vastly superior to anything else, is there going to be a realistic way of leveling up our UR units beyond 30?

I think it also makes it very difficult for anyone without UR units. A maxed out R or SR just doesn't compete with even the lowest UR.

garen argon
10-31-2014, 04:43 PM
not difficult paige. impossible.

for those that have UR units...and i am one..the change is a blast..but for the long term health of the game it's a step backwards.

i agree that ur units should be stronger than SR units. but not to the degree they are.

the orontes was already the most overpowered unit in the game..it takes out tanks/air/inf and recon with range, strong def and high fire rate...

there are players with three or four lvl 50 orontes in their decks. won't be able to touch them...with anything.

BaziOne
10-31-2014, 06:44 PM
Like everything Gree does, it's all about money. By making this change, they've made it so you have to have SR and UR units to be competitive - and if you want them, you're going to have to spend to get them. A new player using maxed UC units can't be competitive anymore like they could before the change.

eagleProphet
10-31-2014, 07:40 PM
there are players with three or four lvl 50 orontes in their decks. won't be able to touch them...with anything.

Unless you have four or five of your own, I don't think you should be able to beat a player with four lvl 50 orontes.

SpartanPhalanx
10-31-2014, 09:31 PM
Like everything Gree does, it's all about money. By making this change, they've made it so you have to have SR and UR units to be competitive - and if you want them, you're going to have to spend to get them. A new player using maxed UC units can't be competitive anymore like they could before the change.

Before the upgrade my Rare 50's could compete with SR and UR units, but now they just get swept away. So the vast bulk of my Army has been rendered worthless. That's months of effort wasted.

HYE
10-31-2014, 10:34 PM
Unless you have four or five of your own, I don't think you should be able to beat a player with four lvl 50 orontes.

I have spend 36k gold bars for the last three months since I played this game.

don't know is my luck suck or what...so far I only got one n only lvl 30 Orontes :(

how much do these players actually spend to get 3-4 units of lvl 50 Orontes? :eek:

Drkaic
11-01-2014, 10:01 AM
The more I play, the more I like the power boost. For the first time I've noticed one cannot just roll out the same units over and over in missions. Strategy is now part of the factor that was missing. Now units need to support one another to win. As a long time Marine I know that sending units into combat requires thought. As an example, one never a sends out armor without infantry suppout. Eve the toughest tank can't see all threats on a battlefield. Recon units are just that. They go first to probe enemy strength. Now units in this game need the player to put them into position to succeed. Infantry needs air support, all ground units need artillary support. Infantry and armor advance under artillary support. Keeps your artillary safe if infantry/armor is in front of them.

Patches
11-01-2014, 10:59 AM
Not much thought when I can role out my level 30 Orontes and level 50 Raiynens Defense and mow through most anything. UR's are overpowered. I guess I should be happy I have about 10 to choose from. But I found the game more fun before the rollout of power. Games are more fun and have better longevity when you can become attached and have to invest a little time. Instant gratification these days I guess is what people want. Frankly, I think this update both sucks and blows.

Royce
11-01-2014, 11:13 AM
Not much thought when I can role out my level 30 Orontes and level 50 Raiynens Defense and mow through most anything. UR's are overpowered. I guess I should be happy I have about 10 to choose from. But I found the game more fun before the rollout of power. Games are more fun and have better longevity when you can become attached and have to invest a little time. Instant gratification these days I guess is what people want. Frankly, I think this update both sucks and blows.

I have been steadily getting my ass kicked by everything since the power boost. I have many 20 and 30 level SR. and UR units but none that can survive what I am going up against. Seems you now have to spend lots of real money in the hope of getting an Orontes or 2 to have any chance anymore. Time to find something else to waste time on.

SpartanPhalanx
11-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Take a look at the Leaderboards. Apparently, there are people out there racking up MILLIONS of points, going way beyond what they need for the top prizes. That would be costing them an absolute fortune. Why do they do it?

Jamestkirk
11-02-2014, 09:18 AM
Take a look at the Leaderboards. Apparently, there are people out there racking up MILLIONS of points, going way beyond what they need for the top prizes. That would be costing them an absolute fortune. Why do they do it?

Top 4 look like the same person or same family. Look at the guy in 4th and his squad and ask yourself how he's 4th with no rares and no UR/SR?????

CJCJ
11-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Top 4 look like the same person or same family. Look at the guy in 4th and his squad and ask yourself how he's 4th with no rares and no UR/SR?????
Yea, that doesn't look like a squad that could beat the bosses. But who knows if thats the squad he actually used to get those points? We have no idea when/how GREE makes those 'squad' lists.

I question more the guys with multiple multiples of URs. Some guy at a lower level than I'm at has 3 L50 Pugis. That means he got TWELVE of those cards from chests (unless it was an event award.) I've gotten a TOTAL of 4 UR cards from chests. How do you get 12 of the SAME unit??

Jamestkirk
11-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Shed load of gold presumably, but fair point. I've got 5 out of chests I think

Ethan Ross Chin
11-03-2014, 04:17 AM
I have already posted about this issue, strangely enough, inside the silver key complaint thread and as I said, this update will spell the end of this game. First off, I went up against a player with one UR Tetsudo earlier on today thinking that 'Hey, it's only level 20 and I have two level 50 Reaping Truths and one maxed Persephone, shouldn't be too hard!'

I was so damned wrong, he beat me with that ONE Tetsudo after it was deployed. Read; ONE. I remember very well how the URs when not promoted were just powerful units that represented Pay2Win when maxed out in spades. Now, if you have a second-level promoted UR on your deck, you are basically a demigod against those who have invested a lot of effort into getting their Rares maxed because of their choice to not use money. A whole deck of maxed out URs? It's no longer a game, it's a chore simply for the fact that you can squish everyone else like bugs.

While I am also one of those guys, I also have a bunch of Super-Rares from events and RNGesus's blessings on a lucky day and finding out a maxed out Sagittarius, an ANTI-AIR tank, can beat down a maxed Persephone to a quarter of its health before dying made me realized that GREE has essentially killed their game for the newbies.

If there should be changes to Rares and above, make it so that they are still kill-able to the other players. Having a non-promoted Araska should not mean that you can easily take a game without so much of a single thought, but it shouldn't mean that it has to sit in your storage waiting for that one lucky chance to get another to improve it. The power upgrade of this patch should be downgraded by a small margin, say 20% or 30%. That way, people with fresh URs are still powerhouses to be reckoned against lesser-prepared players with UCs and Rs but beatable to those with maxed-out Rs and SRs.

To sum it up; this patch has no sense of balance between URs and lower rarity units and it needs to be dealt with. I don't like the sight of an Ideal Defender killing my tanks when it's supposed to be an anti-air unit and I'm pretty sure other players would agree with me.

User271320
11-03-2014, 07:34 AM
The Orontes in the campaigns have become impossible. Can someone please list out the units that can now beat a level 40 and above Orontes? It sure as heck ain't a level 50 Reaping Truth, a level 50 Sejanus, a level 50 R Janissary... Gree just made certain events virtually impossible, even if you have some level 50 SR units. my, my, my....

User271320
11-03-2014, 07:49 AM
ok, so I dusted off a level 30 Atalus and that, along with my level 30 Commoner's Revenge defeated the Orontes. The Commoners at level 30 UR is now more powerful than the Sejanus at level 50 SR. I feel bad for newer players that cannot look in their arsenal and find level 50 or higher UR units. Cmon Gree, change this back to how it was before

eagleProphet
11-03-2014, 08:36 AM
The boost doesn't leave the battles as imbalanced as at first you might think. It takes a shift in thinking through your units. Some of your favorites need to go to storage. Some of those in storage need to get in the game. You need to examine the stats and assemble and deploy your squads wisely. Deployment timing and other points of game strategy come into play. Just to give an example, I won a battle earlier today against a much stronger player who had all URs -- lvl 50 Orontes, lvl 40 Orontes, lvl 40 Sylph, lvl 50 Pugio, lvl 50 Raiynin's Defense. The squad I used to beat him consisted of 4 maxed SRs and 2 lvl 30 URs -- Harvester, Eurydice, Sejanus, Sagittarius, Attalus, Commoner's Revenge.

CJCJ
11-03-2014, 09:10 AM
ok, so I dusted off a level 30 Atalus and that, along with my level 30 Commoner's Revenge defeated the Orontes. The Commoners at level 30 UR is now more powerful than the Sejanus at level 50 SR. I feel bad for newer players that cannot look in their arsenal and find level 50 or higher UR units. Cmon Gree, change this back to how it was before
As eagleProphet says, you have to look at units you never used before. I had a couple of L20 URs that were 'useless' before that are now very strong. This update wasnt a flat increase across the board though, so you never know which units got a boost, a bigger boost, or not much if anything.

The Orontes is one of the toughest units to defeat, but its very late in the campaigns. Newer players wont be at that level for quite a while, by which time maybe they will have a UR unit or 2.

DOOMDEALER
11-03-2014, 09:23 AM
I have been steadily getting my ass kicked by everything since the power boost. I have many 20 and 30 level SR. and UR units but none that can survive what I am going up against. Seems you now have to spend lots of real money in the hope of getting an Orontes or 2 to have any chance anymore. Time to find something else to waste time on.

I agree completely

SpartanPhalanx
11-04-2014, 04:25 PM
This unit upgrade has been a seismic shift in the game. I am finally getting my head around it and adjusting to the new landscape. I now welcome it - I think it was the right thing to do. With hindsight, the different categories were too close together before. So now some of us will be thinking about dumping some of our Rare units. Let's hope they don't change it all again!

Fynrfin
11-05-2014, 02:05 AM

I completely agree, it is eiyher feast or famine, either i roll out one SR unit and win against weaker players or campaign opponents (weaker meaning all Rares) or i get beat by one UR rolling down the field. I loved the game when there were some tactics involved and longer battles.