PDA

View Full Version : Boss event - Steel Wendigo

Jamestkirk
11-10-2014, 12:21 AM
apologies if I'm going to sound like a stuck record, but here we go again. Last Boss event the normal play prizes included 4 SR units and two UR units. Now the top two points levels are two SR units and no UR.

There's more gold keys available but as we know chances of getting a SR/UR unit are incredibly low,so once again the incentive to do events is lower than last time. I've never played a game where the developers seem so actively engaged in trying to make it less worthwhile playing as game evolves.

Patches
11-10-2014, 03:34 AM
I completely agree, and I'm not trying to sound jaded...but unless I have the opportunity to collect 4 SRs, these events aren't worth my time.

I don't care about gold keys, and at the rate they are distributed...it would literally take years to get a level 50 UR I actually want from chests.

CJCJ
11-10-2014, 05:22 AM
Yeah, this doesn't make much sense. Given the extra LOW chance of getting URs (or even SRs) from chests, the boss event was the only place to get them - and it was nice to finish off an SR unit and not have it stuck at 20 or 30.

Especially now a 30 SR can't compete with ANY UR, whats the point of getting one to L30? It'll never make it into a useful squad and the chance of ever getting TWO more (let alone ONE more) from chests to max it is SO minute.

GREE - if you wanted to do away with giving URs out, at LEAST let us win 4 SRs so that the unit could be useful. If you have a good enough squad to win all those points, then you won't need a L30 SR unit!

CJCJ
11-10-2014, 05:44 AM
Wow, I just looked at the Rank Rewards. In order to finish off the SR unit (and give it a chance to be useful) you have to be in GOLD place 2-5. And to get even 2 of the UR unit, you have to be top 10. Regular folks know they aren't going to place THAT high - its usually the same group of ppl that get those places. So the incentive to play (and pay) was to get decent units through points. In previous Boss events, it certainly makes sense for someone on Sunday to say "I really want this SR to 50 or the UR to 30 so let me spend a bit of cash to beat more bosses and get it."

With this event, who now is going to pay real cash to get that SR to L30?? Not many I'd guess. I think GREE has 'disincentived' players from spending money this week.

SpartanPhalanx
11-10-2014, 08:43 AM
I totally agree with everything you guys have said. We play this game in the hope of getting stronger so that we can win more prizes. That sense of progress is of the utmost importance. But this game has gone into reverse! Even though my squad is more powerful, there are far fewer prizes within my reach than there were just a few weeks back. If this carries on we shall get to the point where it won't be worth the time and effort to bother playing these Events.

BaziOne
11-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Agree with all of the aboce comments. The boss event keeps going from bad to worse. Just when you think they can't make it worse they find a way to do so...

Zeltum
11-10-2014, 09:53 AM
Glad I am not the only one. Boss events started good. I was so determined to get the 4th Eurodyce I spent cash.
Now its just pointless. The prizes along the route last time were bad enough, but this time. A Toxatai... really.... and then nothing (i consider gold keys nothing, as you will only get rare rubbish in the gold chest) until only 2 SR units. And still the boss scoring is useless. Got to level 75 last time, playing constantly. Back to Clash of Clans for a few weeks. At least I know if I buy Gems I am going to get the right things for them

They are turning people away from this game pretty quickly and am amazed they arent dangling cherries to entice you to spend.

User271320
11-10-2014, 09:58 AM
With all this feedback we have all given, it would be helpful for Tadaaah or one of the forum administrators to respond to some of the concerns that have been raised. We realize you cannot please them all, but some feedback would be nice. Btw, no insult intended Tadaaah, but looking for something more than the usual, "thanks for your feedback, the developers are considering your comments"

Jamestkirk
11-10-2014, 12:04 PM
I will add one positive note, I opened 6 gold chests today and got 2 SR units. Not sure if just lucky or percent chance of winning has improved.

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback! We'll send this over!

Patches
11-10-2014, 12:47 PM
With all this feedback we have all given, it would be helpful for Tadaaah or one of the forum administrators to respond to some of the concerns that have been raised. We realize you cannot please them all, but some feedback would be nice. Btw, no insult intended Tadaaah, but looking for something more than the usual, "thanks for your feedback, the developers are considering your comments"

lol to the response we were given!

BaziOne
11-10-2014, 12:57 PM
Lol indeed - I wonder if Tadaah is really just a bot that posts pre-canned responses at random.

It's ok - the sooner everyone realizes that Gree doesn't care what we think or care if we even play the sooner thier actions won't be unexpected or disappoint

Tadaaah
11-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Apologies, I can't give more information if I don't have more information. The team is aware that there are a number of concerns dealing with how many keys are given and what is received when you use the keys.

Of course, we all know everyone wants more SR units, but these should be a challenge to receive.

Other than that, we don't have any extra tidbits of information right now.

eagleProphet
11-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Of course, we all know everyone wants more SR units, but these should be a challenge to receive.

That's the key. SR and UR units should be a challenge to receive. Right now, the Boss event is not a challenge to finish and the meager rewards reflect it. My suggestion, which would benefit both Gree and the enjoyment of the players, is to make the Boss event a real challenge so that not all players are able to finish (not b/c they run out of time but b/c they can't get past the Boss) and then place 4 worthwhile SR units followed by 2 UR units at the end of the rewards. More challenge, better rewards for those who meet the challenge. Thanks for listening.

CJCJ
11-10-2014, 03:03 PM
That's the key. SR and UR units should be a challenge to receive. Right now, the Boss event is not a challenge to finish and the meager rewards reflect it. My suggestion, which would benefit both Gree and the enjoyment of the players, is to make the Boss event a real challenge so that not all players are able to finish (not b/c they run out of time but b/c they can't get past the Boss) and then place 4 worthwhile SR units followed by 2 UR units at the end of the rewards.
I don't agree that the Boss wasn't a challenge last time. As we all know the points awarded were severely reduced, so it took almost 100 bosses to finish. That takes a lot of time and those that do it should be rewarded. When I got the last UR unit (on the Sat before it finished) I was at rank 99. So by late on day 6 of a 7 day event only 99 people (in the world) had gotten the top rewards. To me that doesn't seem too easy.

eagleProphet
11-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I agree with you CJCJ. Finishing the last Boss event was tedious because of the time to get the points. From Boss lvl 1 thru 90, we were tediously spending 1 morale at a time to randomly deploy units at 3x speed to easily kill the Boss. Instead of tedious, the battle itself should get challenging. Then Gree should reward those who meet the challenge with the best units.

SpartanPhalanx
11-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Does anyone understand the Gree logic? Offering fewer prizes means less incentive to play, and less incentive to spend. I just don't get it!

SpartanPhalanx
11-10-2014, 08:02 PM
I have never seen a game with so many changes. Every time I log in now I check to see what they have done this time.

SpartanPhalanx
11-10-2014, 08:08 PM
I think there might be enough super-rich people out there prepared to spend ridiculous amounts of money and Gree has decided to pander to them and not bother with the rest of us.

Jamestkirk
11-11-2014, 12:58 PM
You can tell by the number of people posting here compared to something like Modern War that there really aren't a large number of players in this game. There seems to be about 10 people in the whole world that regularly post in this forum. I played Modern War for years and was in top 75 faction but just had enough of time needed and cash to stay there, but key to me staying for final 12 months was the team aspect and I built some solid friendships with 60 people from all over world - amazing really. This game is totally lacking any benefit from being part of alliance and I know it's early days but that needs work.

As others have said ive never seen a game when every cycle of the same event sees a change. It's bonkers get it right early on, that's what the beta testing was for that I took part in (Boss event), we tested the game and offered advice but these constant tweaks are so annoying.

Fynrfin
11-11-2014, 03:24 PM
I am stuck at level 26, so I don't see how this is too easy. I guess the game is only for those with URs now, the rest of us should just let the big guys play and stop caring. Strange way for a company to make money to only cater for its top 90 customers

Patches
11-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I am stuck at level 26, so I don't see how this is too easy. I guess the game is only for those with URs now, the rest of us should just let the big guys play and stop caring. Strange way for a company to make money to only cater for its top 90 customers

I'm glad you posted, and I hope Gree looks into this. Yes, I have an okay lineup of level 30 UR's and the game is too easy. My friend quit playing already because he had a lineup of Rares. Reaping Truth, Psiloi, Rocket Troopers, Akinci, etc like that. He can't advance anywhere since the update. Gree is annihilating their newbie customers. FIND A BETTER BALANCE!

SpartanPhalanx
11-11-2014, 05:34 PM
I'm glad you posted, and I hope Gree looks into this. Yes, I have an okay lineup of level 30 UR's and the game is too easy. My friend quit playing already because he had a lineup of Rares. Reaping Truth, Psiloi, Rocket Troopers, Akinci, etc like that. He can't advance anywhere since the update. Gree is annihilating their newbie customers. FIND A BETTER BALANCE!
Just remember that every level requires at least 5 battles, and no matter how strong your squad, ploughing through 90 levels takes a lot of time. That alone means that the game is not too easy.

As far as Newbies are concerned - Gree seems to be deliberately trying to create a situation where the only way they are able to make any progress is by spending a pile of cash.

HYE
11-11-2014, 08:17 PM
I think there might be enough super-rich people out there prepared to spend ridiculous amounts of money and Gree has decided to pander to them and not bother with the rest of us.

how much will those super rich players spend to get to the top 10 then?
2-3k or even more?

I spend ard 1k usd on gold keys and not even a unit of lvl 50 Orontes?
max I get is lvl 30 Orontes.

some top players I seem got more than 3 unit of lvl 50 Orontes and Pugio.

abit weird on that.

eagleProphet
11-11-2014, 09:20 PM
2-3k or even more?

abit weird on that.

You've spent around $1,000 on a app? A free app??? I don't mean to judge, but what is wrong with you?

BaziOne
11-11-2014, 09:38 PM
That's the key. SR and UR units should be a challenge to receive. Right now, the Boss event is not a challenge to finish and the meager rewards reflect it. My suggestion, which would benefit both Gree and the enjoyment of the players, is to make the Boss event a real challenge so that not all players are able to finish (not b/c they run out of time but b/c they can't get past the Boss) and then place 4 worthwhile SR units followed by 2 UR units at the end of the rewards. More challenge, better rewards for those who meet the challenge. Thanks for listening.

99% of players can't even come close to finishing the boss because they can't get past the boss or the officers. Even with maxed R units and one or two L20/30 SR units thrown in it's almost impossible to get past boss 20. Since you need to get to boss 90 or so to finish, clearly the boss is already too hard.

If you don't feel challenged because you don't think a lot of strategy is needed with the units in your current squad, I suggest you dump them and see how far you can get using only R and lower units.

eagleProphet
11-11-2014, 09:41 PM
99% of players can't even come close to finishing the boss because they can't get past the boss or the officers. Even with maxed R units and one or two L20/30 SR units thrown in it's almost impossible to get past boss 20. Since you need to get to boss 90 or so to finish, clearly the boss is already too hard.

If you don't feel challenged because you don't think a lot of strategy is needed with the units in your current squad, I suggest you dump them and see how far you can get using only R and lower units.

Players who have a squad of only R and lower units shouldn't finish the event.

Zeltum
11-12-2014, 01:45 AM
"These should be a challenge to receive"....
It's damn near impossible....
The only challenge here is how long games continue be satisfied with tweaks and updates that do not better the game play and basically make it pointless.

Apologies, I can't give more information if I don't have more information. The team is aware that there are a number of concerns dealing with how many keys are given and what is received when you use the keys.

Other than that, we don't have any extra tidbits of information right now.

HYE
11-12-2014, 04:20 AM
You've spent around $1,000 on a app? A free app??? I don't mean to judge, but what is wrong with you?

ya, you are right, I don't even know what's wrong with me too when I keep purchase those gold bars and cant even get near to top 50.

should have use that money to get myself a Xbox One instead....I feeling damn stupid now. :(

SpartanPhalanx
11-12-2014, 09:08 AM
After a while the Boss Event becomes very repetitive and tedious. Before, I was motivated to soldier on because I knew I could get 4 SR units. Now even 2 look to be beyond my reach. And are they really worth all that time and effort? As for Gold Keys - all I seem to get from them are rubbishy Rare units, so they are no longer any sort of an incentive. I must admit, dear friends, morale is very low.

CJCJ
11-12-2014, 10:11 AM
I must admit, dear friends, morale is very low.

Just wait 20 minutes... it'll recharge. :)

Fynrfin
11-12-2014, 01:00 PM
Nice. You made me laugh

Ozstriker
11-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Is anyone else not receiving the extra bonus points from the "countermeasure" unit??

SpartanPhalanx
11-12-2014, 10:05 PM
Just wait 20 minutes... it'll recharge. :)

Good one. Went for a walk along the seafront and feel better now.

SpartanPhalanx
11-12-2014, 10:23 PM
2-3k or even more?

abit weird on that.
During a PvP Event I encountered a squad containing 4 Orontes 50's and 2 Lenin's Reach 50's. How on earth does anyone get themselves a lineup like that? There is only one possibility - they must have spent an absolute fortune!

Although, having said that, and I know I am being very cynical here, but the thought does occur to me that Gree themselves might perhaps be secretly running some of these supersquads.

Jamestkirk
11-15-2014, 03:38 PM
Well I'm on lvl 69 or there about, got last gold key and therefore last rare unit. No point carrying on for a rare officer I don't need and two very average SR units.

SpartanPhalanx
11-16-2014, 03:04 AM
Well I'm on lvl 69 or there about, got last gold key and therefore last rare unit. No point carrying on for a rare officer I don't need and two very average SR units.

I have given up now on Level 51. Not even bothering with the last Gold Key. Not worth the time and effort. Been ages since I had anything of value from a Gold Key. They have been totally devalued.

Ldomino
11-16-2014, 09:52 AM
You were just lucky. I've opened 10 gold war chests. I got 1 crappy SR unit and all the rest were even crappier R units. No incentive to win gold keys OR spend my cash to buy gold warchests. I might as well put a $20 bill in an ashtray and burn it as throw it away on their gold warchests…or any warchests, for that matter.

Ldomino
11-16-2014, 10:15 AM
If it isn't easy to get SR and UR units, then who are these people on the leaderboard with 3-5 level 50 Great Gear countermeasure units?! I haven't come within sniffing distance of even the lower level countermeasure unit, let alone 20 of the Great Gear units! They must get better units from the gold warchests they buy than I do, that's for sure. Gree has disincentivized me to spend money on warchests. I agree with everyone's comments in the rewards for this Boss event. The SR prize is just so-so and you have to fight 13 Boss battles to get the 100k pts needed since they capped the pts maximum at 8000. Oh, excuse me, 8001. But the Boss battles keep getting harder for the same 8000 pts. Where is the logic in that? The people on the leaderboards are not at a higher player level than I am, but their squads are insane. I've spent plenty of money to get units, but rarely get more than 1 of any given SR or UR unit. The Boss battles were the one place where you could put together level 50 SR units. Now they've taken that away, too. Are the top leaderboard people working for Gree? I noticed a bunch of them have player names that end in "cool" and there's a few that end in "inc". And they have impossibly advanced squads at only level 210-250. Maybe it's a coincidence?

SpartanPhalanx
11-16-2014, 01:58 PM
If it isn't easy to get SR and UR units, then who are these people on the leaderboard with 3-5 level 50 Great Gear countermeasure units?! I haven't come within sniffing distance of even the lower level countermeasure unit, let alone 20 of the Great Gear units! They must get better units from the gold warchests they buy than I do, that's for sure. Gree has disincentivized me to spend money on warchests. I agree with everyone's comments in the rewards for this Boss event. The SR prize is just so-so and you have to fight 13 Boss battles to get the 100k pts needed since they capped the pts maximum at 8000. Oh, excuse me, 8001. But the Boss battles keep getting harder for the same 8000 pts. Where is the logic in that? The people on the leaderboards are not at a higher player level than I am, but their squads are insane. I've spent plenty of money to get units, but rarely get more than 1 of any given SR or UR unit. The Boss battles were the one place where you could put together level 50 SR units. Now they've taken that away, too. Are the top leaderboard people working for Gree? I noticed a bunch of them have player names that end in "cool" and there's a few that end in "inc". And they have impossibly advanced squads at only level 210-250. Maybe it's a coincidence?
I echo much of what you say. A strange game indeed when there is no incentive to spend.

eagleProphet
11-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Are the top leaderboard people working for Gree? I noticed a bunch of them have player names that end in "cool" and there's a few that end in "inc". And they have impossibly advanced squads at only level 210-250. Maybe it's a coincidence?

The ones whose names end in "cool" belong the the Vietnamcool alliance and the ones ending in "inc" to the Destruction,Inc alliance.