PDA

View Full Version : More feedback on Event Rewards

CJCJ
11-24-2014, 07:43 PM
GREE ( Tadaaaah ) - please read :

I know you need to make $$$. And your primary job is to entice people to spend real $$ on your game. Nobody here should (realistically) deny you that.

But I think you need to rethink your event reward strategy. The Boss Event used to give out 2 URs and 4 SRs. That was a decent reward to keep people playing. At the last event that offered those rewards, there were probably less that 150 people in the world that got those full rewards. Currently there are just 2 SRs when getting to the max 600.000 pts. Now, given that :

- After the boost, most L20 UR units will kill most L50 SR units.
- The chance of getting SR (or UR) units from KEYS to upgrade what you already have is very VERY minimal (from personal experience and a plethora of posts on this forum.)
- Only the top 7 players, in the ENTIRE WORLD, have a chance to max out that SR unit.
- Anyone whose in the top 7 in the world does not need a L50 SR unit.

So I'm guessing that maybe 20-30 people in the world are fighting for that the top spot to get either the decent UR or new Epic unit. I don't know how much they spend, but its a very limited group of players.

Regular players only incentive is to go for the guaranteed rewards by putting in a lot of time/effort to get the max 600,000 pts. But if that reward is ONLY 2 SR units, there is very little incentive. Most people that CAN GET to 600,000 points, will not need a L30 SR unit, because they already have a L20 UR unit that is much more powerful. So if users already have a decent enough squad that allows them (with effort and maybe some $$) to get to 600,000 pts, they won't need the reward that is given. So why bother playing and working extra hard and spending money when there is no worthwhile payoff??

If the reward was a L50 SR, or a L30 UR, then that would be useful to most players to whom it is within reach. And MANY more people would try for that 600,000 pts and therefore many more would spend real $$ trying to get there. 'Regular' players know they'll never get into the top 7 to get the only decent rewards that are given right now, so the incentive to pay/play is quickly disappearing.

Please rethink your event reward strategy. Otherwise I believe regular players will be disappointed enough to leave the game and find something else to play.

Thanks for listening.

User271320
11-25-2014, 12:30 AM
GREE ( Tadaaaah ) - please read :

I know you need to make $$$. And your primary job is to entice people to spend real $$ on your game. Nobody here should (realistically) deny you that.

But I think you need to rethink your event reward strategy. The Boss Event used to give out 2 URs and 4 SRs. That was a decent reward to keep people playing. At the last event that offered those rewards, there were probably less that 150 people in the world that got those full rewards. Currently there are just 2 SRs when getting to the max 600.000 pts. Now, given that :

- After the boost, most L20 UR units will kill most L50 SR units.
- The chance of getting SR (or UR) units from KEYS to upgrade what you already have is very VERY minimal (from personal experience and a plethora of posts on this forum.)
- Only the top 7 players, in the ENTIRE WORLD, have a chance to max out that SR unit.
- Anyone whose in the top 7 in the world does not need a L50 SR unit.

So I'm guessing that maybe 20-30 people in the world are fighting for that the top spot to get either the decent UR or new Epic unit. I don't know how much they spend, but its a very limited group of players.

Regular players only incentive is to go for the guaranteed rewards by putting in a lot of time/effort to get the max 600,000 pts. But if that reward is ONLY 2 SR units, there is very little incentive. Most people that CAN GET to 600,000 points, will not need a L30 SR unit, because they already have a L20 UR unit that is much more powerful. So if users already have a decent enough squad that allows them (with effort and maybe some $$) to get to 600,000 pts, they won't need the reward that is given. So why bother playing and working extra hard and spending money when there is no worthwhile payoff??

If the reward was a L50 SR, or a L30 UR, then that would be useful to most players to whom it is within reach. And MANY more people would try for that 600,000 pts and therefore many more would spend real $$ trying to get there. 'Regular' players know they'll never get into the top 7 to get the only decent rewards that are given right now, so the incentive to pay/play is quickly disappearing.

Please rethink your event reward strategy. Otherwise I believe regular players will be disappointed enough to leave the game and find something else to play.

Thanks for listening.

Well said and amen

Tadaaah
12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Hey CJCJ,

Thanks for the well thought out feedback on the rewards system. It is definitely a fine balance. We've gone ahead and passed along this thread to the game team.

saulosi
12-01-2014, 06:35 PM
I could not have put this better myself. Very well said.

I registered so I can echo what you have communicated and hope that the powers that be hear our words!

I'm frustrated that I can play my heart out on the boss battles, and only end up with half of a unit. What use is it?

Also, what use is it to spend money on Keys when mostly all you are going to get is Rare units that you don't need anyway. I'm not buying any more. But, I would spend money if your deals were more Morale and Energy boost related.

CJCJ
12-02-2014, 05:46 AM
Hey CJCJ,
Thanks for the well thought out feedback on the rewards system. It is definitely a fine balance. We've gone ahead and passed along this thread to the game team.

Tadaaah - thank you for reading and passing it along.

I think its the combination of no UR rewards and the power boost thats bothering your customers. Before the power boost, a L30 SR could kill/damage a UR, so it could be a useful unit. But now it can't. After the power boost, where a L20 UR can kill anything SR, its very important to have UR units - and yet GREE made them much more inaccessible to players.

Either of these changes on its own would (might) not produce so much ire in the community.

Tadaaah
12-02-2014, 10:58 AM
They're looking at ways to rebalance this for the future. No promises, but they do work hard to make it a balanced effort.

Ratma2001
12-04-2014, 02:13 AM
They're looking at ways to rebalance this for the future. No promises, but they do work hard to make it a balanced effort.

Any news on this yet ?
As we have just finished the first Alliance War..there were a few issues as you may have read in other posts....
my input would be in the Test war players received Gold Keys, not that they yielded much in way of return..but in this weeks War ....Bronze and Silver Keys!!?? its a waste for most and only pours oil on the fire...I was disappointed with the key reward..like I need more Bronze and Siler Keys...what about an Attack or Defend Pack ?? or throw in a few random worth while goodies to kick things along....we need more bang for our buck...the more useful the reward the more we spend the more you make..win win !

Striker1111
12-04-2014, 08:15 AM
What CJCJ said is right on the money and I couldn't say it better myself. I am torn on the re-balancing because I like that my UR are not worthless but I have a whole army of level 30 but nothing better so if the enemy squad has one or two level 50 UR you just can't compete anymore. I have a ton of level 50 SR that really aren't beneficial anymore either so I do miss that you used to be able to win with a well thought out squad of weaker units. With the re-balancing rares got about 2x better, SR 4x and UR 8x so maybe return the rares to original since most of them were already way better than UC anyway and make SR 1.5x and UR 2x or something else like that.

Also I haven't been able to get any UR from chests in close to two months. I average about 5 gold keys per event so not too many but it's definitely more than I used to get and I remember getting a lot more UR from chests before since they would turn up in silver every now and then too. If the chests even went back to how they used to be it would improve the experience a lot for most players because I used to never score anything in events until the Boss battle but then I'd get a cool UR from a chest and be super excited and want to keep playing the game.