PDA

View Full Version : Free Respec for all Kingdom Age Players this week.

Waffleking
12-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Hello Kingdom Age Players,

We have been working very hard to supply our user base with a respec token that will allow a full reset of a player's skill points. Even with the hard work from our team we were unable to have the respec token finished before the Apple shutdown. The respec token will be coming out near the beginning of January but until then we would like to offer a free respec to all Kingdom Age players. We will be resetting all players skill points upon login on Wednesday 12/17. This will allow all players to respec their character while waiting until January 2015. Thank you and please leave any and all comments or concerns in the forum below.

truthteller
12-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Thanks!!, that would be very good, it will give players to re allocate their skills points and see how that work, so for when we can all get the token, most will have a better idea on how they want to follow their paths

Cheers

Jnsolberg
12-15-2014, 01:41 PM

We have been working very hard to supply our user base with a respec token that will allow a full reset of a player's skill points. Even with the hard work from our team we were unable to have the respec token finished before the Apple shutdown. The respec token will be coming out near the beginning of January but until then we would like to offer a free respec to all Kingdom Age players. We will be resetting all players skill points upon login on Wednesday 12/17. This will allow all players to respec their character while waiting until January 2015. Thank you and please leave any and all comments or concerns in the forum below.

Thank you very much!

What we currently know about skill points:

Stamina...allows you to raid/Attack other players

Attack...improves unit, EQ and Hero Attack

Defense...improves unit, EQ and Hero Defense

Hero Strength...more damage to mobs and EB. Right now these have nothing to do with Hero A/D. Is that going to change?

Is this correct? And will we be able to reset the skill points whenever we want to? Like changing our game names for a small fee?

Oh, and what changes are you doing to Raid Boss that you haven't told us about yet? How will skill points effect RB?

Vclone
12-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Please don't mess this up. There is a skill that requires 2 points. Please don't lose any of my well earned skill points.

truthteller
12-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Everyone SHOULD take pictures of their current skill setting, just in case you end up with less skill points than what you have earned (Skill points come from levelling AND level 4 on the maps) I do not think we get skill points from any other source

Lys
12-15-2014, 02:14 PM
Please remember Waffleking & Derez that Stamina and Hero Strength both require 2 points per 1 gained.

Thanks for this though. Definitely needed.

syKosis
12-15-2014, 02:20 PM
This is a step in the right direction. How about updating the FAQ in game to describe what each skill actually does? That way we can make an informed decision on how to allocate points.

Waffleking
12-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Thank you very much!

What we currently know about skill points:

Defense...improves unit, EQ and Hero Defense

Hero Strength...more damage to mobs and EB. Right now these have nothing to do with Hero A/D. Is that going to change?

Is this correct? And will we be able to reset the skill points whenever we want to? Like changing our game names for a small fee?

Oh, and what changes are you doing to Raid Boss that you haven't told us about yet? How will skill points effect RB?

Hello Jnsolberg

Please see my answers in blue.

This is correct
This will improve Conquest, Raiding, Raid Boss and PVP
Defense...improves unit, EQ, and Hero Defense
This will improve Conquest, Raiding, and PVP
This will effect General PVE, trials, and EB
Yes, we will be giving away the first respec token for free and then you will be able to purchase them from the in game store.
There will be no changes to Raid Boss.

Waffleking
12-15-2014, 02:59 PM
Hello All

For the respec that starts on Wednesday we will be resetting everyone from the server side once you log in. This means there will be no token given out. Once you log in on Wednesday your points will be automatically reset. These points will only be reset once so please be careful when you are reassigning your skill points.

Jnsolberg
12-15-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello All

For the respec that starts on Wednesday we will be resetting everyone from the server side once you log in. This means there will be no token given out. Once you log in on Wednesday your points will be automatically reset. These points will only be reset once so please be careful when you are reassigning your skill points.

You do realize that many of our Attack skill points come from weapons that we won, like 100 from the Cupid's Bow. Will these be reset also, or have you figured that in?

Jomama1
12-15-2014, 04:44 PM
Please be careful - I would rather wait than have something screwed up

Waffleking
12-15-2014, 06:09 PM
You do realize that many of our Attack skill points come from weapons that we won, like 100 from the Cupid's Bow. Will these be reset also, or have you figured that in?

This skill point reset will only affect the base skill points. This will not affect any weapons or armor that grant you bonuses to skill points. These will all remain and not be affected in anyway.

Alexius
12-15-2014, 07:08 PM
It is kind of ridiculous to all of a sudden make defunct war boosts all of a sudden more valuable than most top prizes.

the_bob
12-16-2014, 06:02 AM
Hello Jnsolberg

This is correct
This will improve Conquest, Raiding, Raid Boss and PVP
Defense...improves unit, EQ, and Hero Defense
This will improve Conquest, Raiding, and PVP
Yes, we will be giving away the first respec token for free and then you will be able to purchase them from the in game store.
There will be no changes to Raid Boss.

It would be nice to know how each point affected each of these so we could actually plan how to better allocate our points. Pretty sure you promised (several times) to writeup a small guide on how each point allocated affected our abilities. But I suppose that's my fault for having any trust in what's said in these forums.

Waffleking
12-16-2014, 01:57 PM
It would be nice to know how each point affected each of these so we could actually plan how to better allocate our points. Pretty sure you promised (several times) to writeup a small guide on how each point allocated affected our abilities. But I suppose that's my fault for having any trust in what's said in these forums.

Hello The_bob

We promised that we would explain which events are affected by which skill. We never said anything about explaining each skill point and how it allocates towards your skills. I am sorry you feel like we have not been honest with you but we never stated we were going to explain point to point allocation.

the_bob
12-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Hello The_bob

We promised that we would explain which events are affected by which skill. We never said anything about explaining each skill point and how it allocates towards your skills. I am sorry you feel like we have not been honest with you but we never stated we were going to explain point to point allocation.

Shifting goalposts.

Thryn
12-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Shifting goalposts.

Hmmm...Come on guys... Waffleking made no promise to tell us where to allocate our points, or I've missed it. :( Waffleking would have been smart enough to check his/her previous posts, I hope :) It's great to see players discussing in the various chat rooms where they might put those skill points...this is actually a fun bit worthy of debate n discussion. There is no right answer IMO. So, perhaps you a raider (points in stamina for a start); like doing trials (HS for you); want to do well in war (get those points in A/D-I've seen plenty of players winning PVP with poor army stats but great equip A/D n hero stats; a bit fat ie high lvl, low stats ( defence for you...but would u be better putting it in HS n doing a bunch of boring trials?!?). Do we need 240 HS to get the really good units in trials?!?

Ratma2001
12-16-2014, 04:12 PM
I wish to Sell mine to the highest bidder ! plus Cupids Bow, but I think I might just leave them how they were..or do they auto reset as its been a while since I leveled up ?

the_bob
12-16-2014, 04:13 PM
Hmmm...Come on guys... Waffleking made no promise to tell us where to allocate our points, or I've missed it.

No, you missed it and just because you missed it doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can go look for it if you want, I'm not Google, but let me paraphrase.

Gree: "We'll give you a writeup on how the stats now work soon."
Us: "Yay!"
G: "Here's a vague writeup that creates more questions than it answers!"
U: "Wait, you said we were going to get something detailed?"
G: "Oh, we decided not to give you any info on how stats work now because you guys are too dumb to understand it and it will confuse you." (paraphrasing, of course.)
G: "We'll give you a writeup on what stats work on what events."
G: "Here's the list of what stats work on what events, just like we promised!"

Goalpost shifting.

Edit:

I lied. I looked it up anyway:
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101974-AMA-Hero-Equip-and-Crafting/page4&p=1423089#post1423089

Enjoy.

Waffleking
12-16-2014, 04:33 PM
No, you missed it and just because you missed it doesn't mean it didn't happen. You can go look for it if you want, I'm not Google, but let me paraphrase.

Gree: "We'll give you a writeup on how the stats now work soon."
Us: "Yay!"
G: "Here's a vague writeup that creates more questions than it answers!"
U: "Wait, you said we were going to get something detailed?"
G: "Oh, we decided not to give you any info on how stats work now because you guys are too dumb to understand it and it will confuse you." (paraphrasing, of course.)
G: "We'll give you a writeup on what stats work on what events."
G: "Here's the list of what stats work on what events, just like we promised!"

Goalpost shifting.

Edit:

I lied. I looked it up anyway:
http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?101974-AMA-Hero-Equip-and-Crafting/page4&p=1423089#post1423089

Enjoy.

Hello The bob

I am not sure what you are asking. You quote something about our battle calculations when in your first post you ask what each skill point will affect. We explained exactly which event is effected by your skill point allocation which would be a direct reply to your query. Unless I am misinterpreting your question I am not quite sure how this has anything to do with our battle calculations. If you would like to explain it I will try to answer your question as best as I can. Again I am sorry you feel we are being dishonest or as you said "shifting goalposts" but since I have been part of the Kingdom Age team we have tried to be open and honest with the community. We know that players are unhappy and all we are trying to do is give you information and answer as many questions as we can honestly and to the best of our ability.

candii
12-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Hello The bob

I am not sure what you are asking. You quote something about our battle calculations when in your first post you ask what each skill point will affect. We explained exactly which event is effected by your skill point allocation which would be a direct reply to your query. Unless I am misinterpreting your question I am not quite sure how this has anything to do with our battle calculations. If you would like to explain it I will try to answer your question as best as I can. Again I am sorry you feel we are being dishonest or as you said "shifting goalposts" but since I have been part of the Kingdom Age team we have tried to be open and honest with the community. We know that players are unhappy and all we are trying to do is give you information and answer as many questions as we can honestly and to the best of our ability.

telling us which events are affected by which skill points is helpful but not sufficient. we need to know the effect of allocating skill points. please tell us in plain, simple language, specifically how a skill point allocated to each category affects each stat. for example, what does a skill point to army attack add to my stats? what does a skill point to hero add to damage against EB?

candii
12-16-2014, 08:13 PM
Hello The bob

your explanation of the battle calc was also helpful but not sufficient. you have said that army stats are 55% of the calc. this leaves only 45%, which means the other stats can't make up for a stronger army. but we know from experience that this isn't true. please don't insult our intelligence by telling us it's too confusing. tell us how battle results are determined. just lay it all out for us so we can make informed decisions.

KingdomMage
12-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Hello The_bob

Waffleking? Yes, you surely are. Regardless of what you eat for breakfast, I have never heard a better waffling out of a direct question. We never said? Does that mean that is just a part of the mystery of the game? Does that mean you have no idea of what will be affected? Tell us what you mean. We have been stranded a lot lately, so please help us keep interest in the gems. Uh, I mean the game...

Totalwar
12-17-2014, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the reset Gree as promised very cool one happy customer.

Metsrock9931
12-17-2014, 05:06 AM
[QUOTE=Waffleking;1436118]Hello Jnsolberg

REALLY!!!! Not surprised on the reset. Everyone hope you read this and make a better decision on allocation..or at least it works for you.

Hero stats before reset 2216/2643, skill points in hero 167
Hero stats after reset 1818/901, skill points 225
Hero stats are to hero, attack/defense dropped ridiculously. Thanks waffle and Gree for allowing us an uninformed decision. Mountains of gems now wasted and disappointed yet again. Been playing a couple of years now and it is time to hang up the cloth. January reset is to far away and now I will be worthless to my guild for of top 150-190. Hope everyone else fairs better and good luck on the reset. Not sure now what to do with the 4 other accounts.

Keijen
12-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Were are all the points??
I didn't get my points back for maps completed. I can't even get back to that stats I was before the reset.
It's not like I can go back and complete level 5 of the maps again

phonix
12-17-2014, 06:19 AM
You cant expect gree to get things right every time :cool:

give it a day or two and the next screw is bound to happen and you will forget all about this one

the_bob
12-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Hello The bob

I don't know how many times I can say it. And you pretend like you don't know what we want? We have been asking for this since the stat changes first happened.

I want to know, if I put one point into Army Attack, which stats will increase? By how much? What about if I put it into Hero Strength? Which stats increase? By how much? How can I weigh the difference (and the impact) of one point in one stat vs one point in another stat.

You have given us absolutely nothing to go on. Telling me that Hero Strength will affect Epic Boss is just dandy and all, but I have NO DAMNED IDEA WHAT MY CHOICES OF STAT ALLOCATION WILL ACTUALLY DO.

Is that clear enough? I doubt it and I will probably receive another canned bureaucratic response with no actual answer.

Valid or
12-17-2014, 06:25 AM
[QUOTE=Waffleking;1436118]Hello Jnsolberg

REALLY!!!! Not surprised on the reset. Everyone hope you read this and make a better decision on allocation..or at least it works for you.

Hero stats before reset 2216/2643, skill points in hero 167
Hero stats after reset 1818/901, skill points 225
Hero stats are to hero, attack/defense dropped ridiculously. Thanks waffle and Gree for allowing us an uninformed decision. Mountains of gems now wasted and disappointed yet again. Been playing a couple of years now and it is time to hang up the cloth. January reset is to far away and now I will be worthless to my guild for of top 150-190. Hope everyone else fairs better and good luck on the reset. Not sure now what to do with the 4 other accounts.

Nope what he said is correct, a lot of people are under the impression that hero attack on the display is part of the Pve equation It is not. Wht is displayed for hero attack/defence is a pvp stat, and affected by army attack/defence more than hero strength.

Jnsolberg
12-17-2014, 06:34 AM
I want to know, if I put one point into Army Attack, which stats will increase? By how much? What about if I put it into Hero Strength? Which stats increase? By how much? How can I weigh the difference (and the impact) of one point in one stat vs one point in another stat.

The difference in 1 skill point in Attack or Defense, for me from yesterday to today is as follows:

Level (effect on equipment and hero stats)

216 (20.4)
215 (20.2)
213 (20.1)
155 (15)

I'm pretty sure they affect unit strength the same way, but since I've been doing Trials, the unit stats went up by millions anyway.
It made a big % difference in my Hero stats. And a smaller % difference in my EQ stats.

b4davis
12-17-2014, 08:01 AM
How/does this affect the 55% | 27% | 18% battle calc that you guys talked about earlier in the month?

Waffleking
12-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Were are all the points??
I didn't get my points back for maps completed. I can't even get back to that stats I was before the reset.
It's not like I can go back and complete level 5 of the maps again

Hello Keijen

We will look into this issue today. If you did not receive all your points back we will fix that. If you can post your player id here we can get to the bottom of your issue and make sure you get all your points back.

Fromm
12-17-2014, 09:40 AM
So I am as confused as can be with this respec and I agree we don't have enough information to make a decision on allocation yet. I would like to know what stat to expect to change when allocating a point.

Also, could you please clarify if this will be the only FREE respec we will get?

Elendar
12-17-2014, 10:15 AM
Waffleking, as I read your post it said this respec was to hold us until Jan when tokens come out, AND the first token is free. Is that correct?

Jnsolberg
12-17-2014, 10:19 AM
I am sorry you feel we are being dishonest or as you said "shifting goalposts" but since I have been part of the Kingdom Age team we have tried to be open and honest with the community. We know that players are unhappy and all we are trying to do is give you information and answer as many questions as we can honestly and to the best of our ability.

Waffleking, I truly believe that you are trying to get us the information that we want. It may not be as quickly as we would like, but you are helping us a lot.
When I think back to the days on the Fourn before Tadaaah, I cringe, because we never got any information at all. Things have improved a lot since then, and I thank you for all that you are doing here!
Please keep listening and communicating to the community, and together we can make KA a better game!

Waffleking
12-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Waffleking, as I read your post it said this respec was to hold us until Jan when tokens come out, AND the first token is free. Is that correct?

Hello Elendar

That is correct. When we release skill point reset tokens in January the entire player base will receive a free token.

Waffleking
12-17-2014, 01:10 PM
Waffleking, I truly believe that you are trying to get us the information that we want. It may not be as quickly as we would like, but you are helping us a lot.
When I think back to the days on the Fourn before Tadaaah, I cringe, because we never got any information at all. Things have improved a lot since then, and I thank you for all that you are doing here!
Please keep listening and communicating to the community, and together we can make KA a better game!

Thank you Jnsolberg

I do want to improve communication with the players. I am also working on trying to get you more information on how skill points are allocated to your skills. Again I am sorry we have not given you enough information yet but the team will do its best to answer all the questions you posted here. As soon as I have something about skill point allocation I will post it here.

Nana B
12-17-2014, 01:39 PM
I have no problem with the reset, actually it gave me a bit more on Hero Strength by adding a little more on regular A/D...
Skill Points:
Old: New:
A: 71 A: 75
D: 47 D: 51
S: 12 S: 10
HS: 142 HS: 140

Old: New:
A: 64507249 A: 64773900
D: 114001659 D: 114495686
AE: 40916 AE: 41721
DE: 41136 DE: 41569
AH: 1290 AH: 1343
DH: 1142 DH: 1195

OlderNDirt
12-17-2014, 02:00 PM
How many points has hero strength been rest to?

Comment:
All too confusing.
I realize hackers have ruined the game, but some of us still enjoy our guilds and builds.

Lys
12-17-2014, 02:10 PM
Thank you Jnsolberg

I do want to improve communication with the players. I am also working on trying to get you more information on how skill points are allocated to your skills. Again I am sorry we have not given you enough information yet but the team will do its best to answer all the questions you posted here. As soon as I have something about skill point allocation I will post it here.

I second this. Even with how vocal (scathingly so) I've been of the game, with Tadaah's absence you have really jumped in. It's also very nice actually talking to a part of the Dev team directly rather than a middle man who has to relay words back and forth.

Seems that this went [mostly] without any issues, only issue now is that the information on what each skill is good for (event wise) is pretty well buried, so no doubt folks are undecided on where to put all of these points at now.

So, thanks. I still hate this sudden change more than words can describe, but the communication has been steadily improving, and that's a nice change.

Lys
12-17-2014, 02:17 PM
How many points has hero strength been rest to?

Comment:
All too confusing.
I realize hackers have ruined the game, but some of us still enjoy our guilds and builds.

You should have a base of 1 HS, just like how Attack and Defense are a base of 1, and Stamina is a base of 5. Attack and Defense are 1 Skill per, while Stamina and Hero Strength are 2 skill per.

Fromm
12-17-2014, 02:35 PM
Hello Elendar

That is correct. When we release skill point reset tokens in January the entire player base will receive a free token.

Thank you for this clarification. I would also like to thank you for trying your best to provide us with answers we are seeking.

Tojo
12-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Waffleking you had a very deep hole to dig out of. I commend you on your patience and efforts. Thanks and keep up the good work. It takes time to build back trust but you have made a nice start.

Erageous
12-17-2014, 08:46 PM
i hope this isn't a ridiculous question but when you refer to EQ, what does that stand for?

Jnsolberg
12-17-2014, 09:28 PM
i hope this isn't a ridiculous question but when you refer to EQ, what does that stand for?

EQuipment, lol

Gendur
12-18-2014, 12:35 AM
I would like to have a confirmation/clarification on the effect of ATTACK & DEF skill points on my Hero Stats.

If I remember correctly in the first AMA it was stated that ATTACK & DEF skill points should not impact Hero Stats.
I can still see that today they do impact Hero Stats, in the same way as they impact the Equipment Stats.

Is the impact of ATT & DEF skills on Hero Stats, that we are observing today, a bug and will it be fixed in a next update or was the original statement incorrect and is it working as intended?

[DW] maretzky
12-18-2014, 01:09 AM
During AMA there was statement that ATT/DEF skill points will not affect HS. But that refers to Hero STRENGTH - not Hero STATS...

Athary
12-19-2014, 11:09 AM

So I'm curious.... If everyone was due a respec and changed their stats, why has nothing changed!?

You see, I had my supposed respec and I loaded up my army offense and my hero offense. Guess what!!! Nothing changed. My defense and attack have remained the same. Additionally, it still takes the same number of hits to defeat a monster as it did before, only now I do much more damage. Monsters used to take 3-4 hits and still take 3-4 hits even with my amped up status. Used to take 3-4 hits at 180 points of damage, now the same monster takes 3-4 hits at 280 points of dmage

Don't give us hope that we can adjust out scores only to have the game stay the same.

isa76
12-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Hello all ,
I don t attack others players , only pve , Mobs .
How allocate my points ?

Thanks

kavinmarter
12-21-2014, 03:01 AM
I always like to watch the movies on kingdom some old stuff from such as from 1789 that such kind of movie releted to battle and war i like most and more over this year there are two movies released and which is running super fast all likes to Watch The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies online (https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hobbit-battle-five-armies-online-free-watch-movies-online) as well as Watch The Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 Online (http://watch-the-hunger-games-1-online.tumblr.com/).

Jnsolberg
12-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Hello all ,
I don t attack others players , only pve , Mobs .
How allocate my points ?

Thanks

Everyone does different things, but here goes:
Stamina...used for PvP and raiding. You should know how many to use here
Hero strengh...used for killing mobs and in EB. You might want to use a lot here
Attack/Defense add a little to your stats on units, equipment and hero. Divide your level by 10 and that's approximatly what each skill point is worth.
Attack....I have some units/weapons that give me a lot of Attack skill points, so I didn't add any here.
Defense.....you might want to put some here for war since our defense stats have something to do with win/loss

Good Luck, and if you mess it up, we all get a free token to do it again in January!