PDA

View Full Version : (relative) Epic Boss gold hit strength decrease?

SenorSwamp
02-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Dearest Gree,

The good news
Today, while getting rolling on Epic Boss, I noticed my free hit was much higher--roughly the same strength as my gold hit last time around. This made me happy.

The bad news
Gold hits are no longer 1.5x of a free hit. Now, it is only 1.33x. In other words, where we could choose to pay with gold and get the power of three hits out of only two swings, we now only get 2.66 hits out of those same two gold swings. This did not make me happy.

The questions for gree
With both the good and the bad news out in the open, I am curious as to the following:

How much did you increase the EB hit points for the level 100 boss?
What was the rationale for decreasing the relative value of a gold hit?

Ultimately, I want to understand the impact this change will have on the event

the_bob
02-11-2015, 05:36 AM

My observations so far show a rough increase in boss health of a little less than 50%. That's through boss ~32 right now, so it seems like the trend may continue right to boss 100.

Ultimately, we are doing more damage with free and gold hits than we previously were, but we aren't doing 50% more damage to counter the health. So far, I'm not sure whether or not this is a good or bad change. If the roughly 50% increase estimation remains true, then a level 100 will have close to 15k health. With the increase to gold hit, I would estimate I will need 2 more gold hits to kill a level 100 than I did with the last epic boss. I suppose that's in line with the boss getting stronger each time around, but since I haven't been fortunate enough to get luck with the chests (see my signature for my opinions on chests) to get any of the stronger equipment, the boss has increased in strength at a greater rate for me than for a lot of other people, I'm sure. That's not good. That's why random is bad. That's why chests are bad. That's why Gree is bad.

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

E-I
02-11-2015, 05:49 AM
The questions for gree
With both the good and the bad news out in the open, I am curious as to the following:

What was the rationale for decreasing the relative value of a gold hit?

And my observations so far are that you shouldn't expect a straight answer from Gree on such questions. :p

Jomama1
02-11-2015, 03:13 PM
Yes - once again I get worse at epic boss despite the hard work I do - this is a game breaking trend and we are owed a reasonable answer from the development team.

the_bob
02-12-2015, 11:17 AM
I was correct in my estimations. A level 100 boss is now 14,300 health.

truthteller
02-12-2015, 01:12 PM
My observations so far show a rough increase in boss health of a little less than 50%. That's through boss ~32 right now, so it seems like the trend may continue right to boss 100.

Ultimately, we are doing more damage with free and gold hits than we previously were, but we aren't doing 50% more damage to counter the health. So far, I'm not sure whether or not this is a good or bad change. If the roughly 50% increase estimation remains true, then a level 100 will have close to 15k health. With the increase to gold hit, I would estimate I will need 2 more gold hits to kill a level 100 than I did with the last epic boss. I suppose that's in line with the boss getting stronger each time around, but since I haven't been fortunate enough to get luck with the chests (see my signature for my opinions on chests) to get any of the stronger equipment, the boss has increased in strength at a greater rate for me than for a lot of other people, I'm sure. That's not good. That's why random is bad. That's why chests are bad. That's why Gree is bad.

Stop giving out chests. Nobody wants a chest as a prize.

I think that is irrelevant

what he is stating is that our RAW free hits are higher than before (last EB I was doing 522 free hit, and 783 gold hits), and for this EB I am doing 794 free and only 1047 on a gold hit

so I believe that his question to gree is .................why if free hits and gold hits have been constant since the first EB, it has now change to free hits = raw equip atk x 1.19 and gold hit = free hit x 1.33

Is this the new format for EB or another error on GREE's part??

the_bob
02-12-2015, 03:05 PM
Is this the new format for EB or another error on GREE's part??

The numbers are too precise to be an error. I don't understand the change, either, but it seems intentional for whatever reason.

Acadian
02-13-2015, 12:59 PM
Yeah, noticed this too, not all of us are made of gold so to have to use more stinks. Real life doesn't allow me the time to finish this w/o some gems though if I had nothing better to do it is possible to hold off on gold hits until 83 or so.

The red Baron
02-15-2015, 10:35 AM
GREE we wait for am answer. The reduction for gold hits from 1.5 to 1.33 eats alle the improvement we made. If this hopefully is an error, switch back to 1.5 asap

SenorSwamp
02-15-2015, 10:34 PM
GREE we wait for am answer. The reduction for gold hits from 1.5 to 1.33 eats alle the improvement we made. If this hopefully is an error, switch back to 1.5 asap

I followed all of the forum rules of decorum and politely asked the questions of Gree; alas, no response has been offered.

As I worked through this event, I realized that with a gold hit over 1k, it still takes me 15 hits to take down a level 100. So, despite completing every event and crafting non stop, I am far less effective at this event than I was last time (I think it took me 12 gold hits last time). So, for just legendary (forgetting normal for a minute!), it takes me an additional 105 gold hits (35 bosses x 3 extra hits each).

And that is on top of the increase from the previous raid bosses, in which the difficulty went up by roughly 250% in one cycle!

If there is any good news here, it is that I will be getting quite a few hours of my life back, as there is no chance I am committing that kind of time to such a tedious task. Kudos to those of you that do. The combination of ridiculous difficulty escalation and the paucity of response from the mother ship has made this an easy decision for me.