PDA

View Full Version : Elf grass

plavine
10-05-2016, 01:33 PM
I was going to add this to another thread but felt it deserved its own.
The drop rate for elf grass has obviously been lowered. I just opened 25 wanderer's crates and got one elf grass drop. That is 4% for those scoring at home. Also there are only 3 items shown in the crates but 4 items drop ( i think the toad wort is missing.
Gree we all know the other items are useless , so do the right thing

Jnsolberg
10-05-2016, 02:24 PM
I had a similar problem. 13 chests, 0 Elf Grass for one toon.

In the last 2 ILTQs, I got 12 chests between two other toons and only got Elf Grass one time. So I'm 1/23 (4.3% for those scoring at home)

plavine
10-05-2016, 10:01 PM
I had a similar problem. 13 chests, 0 Elf Grass for one toon.

In the last 2 ILTQs, I got 12 chests between two other toons and only got Elf Grass one time. So I'm 1/23 (4.3% for those scoring at home)

It was easier to get the 1st 6 "rare" water motes. Im sure we aren't the only ones low on elf grass either

Ryosaeba
10-05-2016, 11:17 PM
I came here to report this and looks like someone already beat me to it.

30 Wonderers Crates opened, only ONE (1) was Elf Grass. That is some BS right there.

Also there are only 3 items shown in the crates but 4 items drop ( i think the toad wort is missing.

If you close it and open it again, the items will randomly cycle through.

Frostpocket
10-06-2016, 06:17 AM
I had 100 crates to open. Opened 50; became bored and left the others for another day. Obtained items in clusters; Elf Grass being one of them. When I opened the other crates, there were barely any elf grass drops at all. Now, I can't be bothered full stop. GREE made crafting a nonsense. Far too many things to craft, in order to progress to something else and then something else and by the time we get there, it's irrelevant in any case, as there's something else to replace it! Then, guess what; we need more honour than we've clearly got to actually craft a weapon, because we had no orbs and had to use honour for that, and now, we need gems to get lots of crates, which have fewer chances of elf grass, to force us to buy more gems, so, no GREE. Stuff that!

Lord Vyper
10-06-2016, 06:25 AM
Just opened 100 Wanderer's Crates
got
Witch Nettle: 25
Elf Gras: 22
Wolf Fennel: 28
Toad Wort: 20
Which looks pretty ok for me

plavine
10-06-2016, 08:31 AM
Just opened 100 Wanderer's Crates
got
Witch Nettle: 25
Elf Gras: 22
Wolf Fennel: 28
Toad Wort: 20
Which looks pretty ok for me
This is incredibly lucky. This is the bestelf grass drop rate of anyone ive talked to

Ryosaeba
10-06-2016, 09:15 AM
This is incredibly lucky. This is the bestelf grass drop rate of anyone ive talked to

Maybe they fixed it? It could've been that they put down 5% instead of 25% by "accident."

Can anyone else confirm the current rates?

Jnsolberg
10-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Maybe they fixed it? It could've been that they put down 5% instead of 25% by "accident."

Can anyone else confirm the current rates?

Don't have anymore crates to open, lol

Jomama1
10-07-2016, 07:39 AM
I think the real issue is that the formulas aren't balanced. Some resources are far more important than others.

sheffman
10-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Seriously Gree this is ridiculous...... I just used 300 gems in the hope of finding some elf grass, that's 36 crates from materials shipments, and yes you've guessed it, none....

Ryosaeba
10-08-2016, 05:46 AM
Seriously Gree this is ridiculous...... I just used 300 gems in the hope of finding some elf grass, that's 36 crates from materials shipments, and yes you've guessed it, none....

Gonna wait until gree fixes this. Ain't gonna waste my crates on some programming error (or is it?).

Would sure like to hear from Gree what the actual odds are because it's obviously not evenly spread.

Laura TCK
10-09-2016, 12:50 AM
As an idea but prob defeats grees programming ideas on crafting I would like to see a trade function so you can trade with another player prob have to be a guild mate but you can swap anything for anything if in your inventory then you can trade, so you want honor I have say 5m give me 2 air motes and I give you 1m honor or something like that and you negotiate between yourselves?

Zepson
10-09-2016, 04:11 AM
Two elf grass for one wood solvent is just wrong, should be 1 elf grass and 1 wolf fennel. For solvents, elf grass is needed 3 times and wolf fennel only once (for leather oil).
While elf grass is needed for about anything else.
Also, there are 6 rare materials now (fire, earth, water, air mote, spellcraft paper and distilling agent) and to craft the best equipment in each of the 5 categories, 3 need water motes (6 each) and 2 need air motes (also 6 each) !?! You have 1 chance in 6 to get this by opening a rare crate.
In brief, crafting is not balanced and not well thought through, as with everything with gree really...

plavine
10-10-2016, 04:24 AM
Two elf grass for one wood solvent is just wrong, should be 1 elf grass and 1 wolf fennel. For solvents, elf grass is needed 3 times and wolf fennel only once (for leather oil).
Also, there are 6 rare materials now (fire, earth, water, air mote, spellcraft paper and distilling agent) and to craft the best equipment in each of the 5 categories, 3 need water motes (6 each) and 2 need air motes (also 6 each) !?! You have 1 chance in 6 to get this by opening a rare crate.
In brief, crafting is not balanced and not well thought through, as with everything with gree really...

The elf grass is the worst- i have the other motes

Jnsolberg
10-10-2016, 08:44 AM

The crates in the store now have a 43% chance of Rare and a 29% chance on common and uncommon.

belgario
10-10-2016, 02:22 PM
The elf grass is the worst- i have the other motes

I agree that elf grass is the worst so far. For me, air motes were not far behind.

Remember however, that this is just the start. If you craft one of the best items and it is not epic, you will eventually need to craft it again (and thus need lots of elf grass and motes all over again)😥

belgario
10-13-2016, 11:10 AM
Stupid me, I tried buying shipment crates to get Elf Grass. Spent 300 gems and received ZERO elf grass. Got lots of rares, but I don't need rare items :(

Jomama1
10-26-2016, 08:49 AM
It should be obvious this is screwed up when Uncommon and Rare material crates seem useless compared to common ones where I can hope for some elf grass to get incrementally closer to another piece of equipment. This is really absurd. Please do something. Perhaps make the common crates hold 8 items or allow the option of trading in an uncommon or rare crate for elf grass.

Jnsolberg
10-26-2016, 10:29 AM
I agree that elf grass is the worst so far. For me, air motes were not far behind.

Remember however, that this is just the start. If you craft one of the best items and it is not epic, you will eventually need to craft it again (and thus need lots of elf grass and motes all over again)��

Ahhhhhggggg

sheffman
10-26-2016, 03:30 PM
I have now stopped crafting anything at all due to lack of elf grass. I finish all ILTQ and haste ILTQ, but the crates I win contain witches nettle, toad wort, or wolf fennel.... All useless. I don't bother to open the exotic or alchemical crates as they are of no use without ......... You've guessed it, elf grass.����

It really doesn't matter though as I'm not falling behind anyone because no one has any!! Crafting is a good idea for participation and interest but surely we should need to use some of the other common materials gained from crates, or will they just remain pointless?