PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected XP Increase

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:03 PM
I was trying to slow down my leveling... so I parked at level 10 for a bit. I stopped at 1,242 because the next level was triggered at 1,250.
I just logged back in and my experience had jumped to 1,444 and I am now level 11.
I did not receive any fight notifications when I logged in, so where did this 200+ extra experience come from???

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Ahhh.. It just happened again! I logged out and back in... and my XP jumped to about 1,500... and I'm about to level yet again!

Ghost818
05-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Are you winning when people fight/raid you?

FisK
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
My guess is that you get those XP from defending ageist attacks and raids.

In MW i have experienced that the news screen do not always show op at start of the app after I was attacked while I was offline. But it was all where then I went to the news page though the menu (menu -> "More" -> "News")

Maybe you are experience the same thing I KA?

Back when I started playing KA I wonted to turtle so I didn't attack anything the first day. But in just 12 hours I had got enough xp from defending to go from level 2 to level 5.

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:22 PM
Yes I've been winning. But my fight list only shows one fight in the past few hours.. and only a handful over the past day. Definitely not enough to add 300+ XP

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I tried deleting and reinstalling. My XP just jumped again by another 200 and I leveled again. I also gained several thousand gold. So maybe there's a glitch and I'm getting attacked A LOT and it's just not telling me. But that seems unlikely. Since it's jumped around 500 XP in just a matter of minutes.

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Oh.. and the most recent attack on my news page is 3 hours ago... long before these unexpected increases started happening.

FisK
05-07-2012, 10:30 PM
If the same guy are attacking you several times in a shot time and the result of all the attacks are the same then you will only see on attack on the news page. So you can very well have been attacked and won 5 times for each message in the news.

FisK
05-07-2012, 10:33 PM
If you are also getting gold then it really sounds like you are defending ageist attacks.
So it sounds like it is just your news that is not working.

But that is still a bug that should be reported.
Menu -> "More" -> "Help" -> "Contact Support"

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:34 PM
I was wondering if the game all of a sudden was giving my credit for quests.. even though I haven't done any. I have not done a single quest (quest book still shows the initial attack the cave quest).

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:35 PM
BTW... new to the forums... so I appreciate all the quick responses!

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:40 PM
Guess for now I'm just going to turn the game off and not log back in (which sucks).
Definitely feels like a glitch though as opposed to winning money from defending attacks/raids because each time I log out and back in... only about 10-15 seconds pass and my XP jumps 100 or so each time. That would be A LOT of attacks in a short period of time.

FisK
05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
That most be a bug.
Report it so it can be fixed

Menu -> "More" -> "Help" -> "Contact Support"

nizo industries
05-07-2012, 10:46 PM
yeah I already filed a ticket with support

Freekizh
05-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Could be a system thing - I just had 100xp added, and I've been watching my xp like a hawk. Coincided with some money collection when I logged in - like those tax quests.

Great_wall2
05-07-2012, 11:15 PM
I've been experiencing the same problem, which is why I went onto the forums to see if anyone else has the same issues. I've turned on and off the game about 7 times to test this theory and have almost gained a full level and a very significant amount in gold! Both undesirable side effects! I've reset my iPad and still have the same issues.

I have sent in notification to support as well.

Slate
05-08-2012, 02:05 AM
I've got 300xp. No attack log.

Dantheman300z
05-08-2012, 07:45 AM
I had the same things happen. I went from 338 experience to 538 experience so level 7 to 8 when I logged in just a few minutes ago. I haven't been attacked or raided in 1 day and other than collecting money I have done nothing. I also filed with support.

Peacock
05-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Because Funzio just added in new goals and u accomplished it w/o knowing it. The gold and exp r being backdated to ur acc.

Dantheman300z
05-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I thought that too. I just haven't done much since I am camping so I didn't think it would be that. Just wanted to confirm it.

Great_wall2
05-08-2012, 08:46 AM
Because Funzio just added in new goals and u accomplished it w/o knowing it. The gold and exp r being backdated to ur acc.

I don't think that is the case, I would have had to complete a boat load of goals without knowing it. It also doesn't explain why I kept gaining more experience and gold every time I opened the game. I literally would close the game then open it a few seconds later and I would gain a few hundred exp and a significant amount of gold!

If it were back dating it stands to reason that should only happen once, not multiple times.

nizo industries
05-08-2012, 09:07 AM
That's what I was thinking great wall...
My XP jumped 600+ total over a series of several logins.

Dantheman300z
05-08-2012, 09:26 AM
Mine hasn't done that. It only did it once. Interesting.

John Snow
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM
If tech support responds, please post their reply. I leveled up yesterday and I was mildly surprised because it didn't seem like I had been attacked that much, but I don't keep real close track of my XP. So I can't say for sure if I experienced an unearned XP bump or not, but maybe.

MaverickMunkey
05-08-2012, 12:08 PM
Found this today when I logged in.

My XP and gold went up as I had been attacked a number of times and this then completed one of the battle quests. You have to remeber as well that even though the news feed may only show one attack, this can be an accumulation of up to 10-20 attacks that they may have made on you - so these can obviously complete quests quite easily!

rageface
05-08-2012, 12:37 PM
I faced the same problem 15 hours ago when I woke up.
Last night's exp: 99 / Level 5
My exp status became 200 / Level 6 when I wanted to collect money 15 hours before
AND I GONE MAD INSTANTLY!!!
I have been trying my very best not to level up and I ended up with this?!
I was penalized for another 202 exp (101 exp/login x 2 logins) when I logged in 2 times in 5 minutes!
And now I am at 402 exp / Level 7 !!!!!!!!?
AND I REALLY WANTED TO THROW MY IPHONE ONTO THE MARBLE FLOOR!!!!!!!
I was so scared that I am not launching the game anymore!
I don't really care if you take back that 6 skill points but give me back my status (99 exp / Level 5) and my PERFECT winning record of 26:0 (just in case I lost fight(s) because of this stupid bug), please!
Fix it instantly, update (restore) players' profile as soon as possible please, and we have a deal.

Sgt bilko
05-08-2012, 01:53 PM
I thought it was my poor memory! I logged on this morning to collect and my xp was up quite a bit, how much, I am not sure but I have been hanging at Lvl 20 for days and now trying not to level, just build. Last attack was 19 hours ago and I logged on just now to collect and now I am up by another 50 points roughly with NO attacks and I am 6 points from leveling up!! What the fudge is going on? Please fix this so I can play the game the way I want, not forcing me to level!!

Vile Lynn
05-08-2012, 02:13 PM
I think* I finished a "collect from the Taylor X times" goal which leveled me to 15. I didn't mind, but I didn't know I had that goal either.
*I must have blinked when it happened, because it was just a flash & I tapped it away.

Maybe Funzio players are trying to get you campers to level up... they need more higher level players. Not to start any conspiracy theories. I guess we'll find out later when the tickets come in. Never seen so many players not wanting to level. Some are leveling as fast as they can to take advantage of the gold for EPs once they hit the max level 50.

Kudu22
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
I have had the same thing happening to me. I haven't done anything but collect from my buildings. No attacks or raids for 2 days on me but I still jumped a level and a half in a day. Not cool.

John Snow
05-08-2012, 03:47 PM
If I raid someone and during the raid I attack and demolish two buildings, does the other player see one raid or 6 in their news?

MaverickMunkey
05-08-2012, 03:51 PM
If I raid someone and during the raid I attack and demolish two buildings, does the other player see one raid or 6 in their news?

So long as you don't lose any (ie win-win-lose-win) all they will see is 1 loss which will detail total amount lost and units lost.

If you win some then lose one and then carry on winning, they will see the total of your first wins, your loss and then the total of the rest of your wins.

custos
05-08-2012, 04:45 PM
There are a number of quests like "collect three times from baker" or "upgrade tailor to level 3" or "expand your territory 5 times" etc. that award you with gold and XP. Even if these quests do not appear in your quest log (yet) completing them will give you the gold and XP. So if you're camping and using the time to build/collect/expand/upgrade it's entirely possible that you inadvertently complete a quest even though you feel like you've done nothing. That means between when you last logged on and the next log on, if a building or upgrade completes, you might get XP. And, incidentally, not logging on will not stop this from happening because of course your game time keeps ticking away on the server regardless of whether you log on or not.

There are also tournament and battle quests of they type "defeat X rivals of level Y" that earn gold and XP for completion. I'm not certain but I assume if you are attacked and win that counts as defeating a rival. Hence you may be able to "complete" a tournament quest by other people unsuccessfully attacking you. I think even winning a battle that someone else initiates without completing a quest will earn XP so there's no practical way to camp indefinitely as far as I can tell.

None of these things are bugs, they are just part of the game. And whether the intent was deliberate by Funzio or not it's a good thing in my view. They tend to prevent extreme camping, which would skew the balance of the game. You'll just have to live with it. Incidentally I'm level 24 (actually about 50 XP from 25) and, just for fun, I'm seeing if I can buy all the available buildings for that level and upgrade them all to 5 before levelling over 25. I'm guessing it's not possible.

nizo industries
05-08-2012, 04:57 PM
Ok... just got confirmation that it was definitely a glitch:

Thank you for contacting the Funzio Support Team. This experience was due to a glitch that is now fixed. I have returned you to level 10 and refunded your earned skill points. You will need to distribute them again as you see fit. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Vile Lynn
05-08-2012, 05:04 PM

Thank you for contacting the Funzio Support Team. This experience was due to a glitch that is now fixed. I have returned you to level 10 and refunded your earned skill points. You will need to distribute them again as you see fit. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Good to know. Thanks for the update!

procsyzarc
05-08-2012, 05:56 PM
This keeps happening to me, haven't done any fights or quests apart from the forced ones at the start and am now L8. Yesterday was L6 then logged in and was L7 even though no one had attacked, then the next time I logged in I was L8 with only one person failing to attack me.

Great_wall2
05-08-2012, 11:20 PM

Same thing happened for me except I never received an e-mail confirmation like you did

John Snow
05-09-2012, 12:10 AM

Did you keep the rest of the progress you made (ie building upgrades, gold, unit/armor/weapons purchased) when they returned you to level 10 or did they simple restore your game state from several days ago?

John Snow
05-09-2012, 12:13 AM
So long as you don't lose any (ie win-win-lose-win) all they will see is 1 loss which will detail total amount lost and units lost.

If you win some then lose one and then carry on winning, they will see the total of your first wins, your loss and then the total of the rest of your wins.

Good to know. Thanks.

rageface
05-09-2012, 12:14 AM

Good to hear this.
But by the way I didn't log on the game after this glitch had affected me 3 times
and I didn't write a ticket to the support through the in-game system.
(because I don't want to be "awarded" with another 101 exp)
Should I launch the game now and send a ticket to the support?
Could someone give me an advice?

Great_wall2
05-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Good to hear this.
But by the way I didn't log on the game after this glitch had affected me 3 times
and I didn't write a ticket to the support through the in-game system.
(because I don't want to be "awarded" with another 101 exp)
Should I launch the game now and send a ticket to the support?
Could someone give me an advice?

I would login and send a ticket into support. I would assume they should have fixed the system wide glitch by now.

nizo industries
05-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Did you keep the rest of the progress you made (ie building upgrades, gold, unit/armor/weapons purchased) when they returned you to level 10 or did they simple restore your game state from several days ago?

My level and XP went back to its pre-glitch state, but I retained other progress I had made such as buildings, units, etc.

Crime City Mark
05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
It's from goal completion. We added a few goals to the game, and you qualified for completing them.