PDA

View Full Version : Any sword of truth fans here?

Skoty422
05-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Just checking if any one heard anything about the next book. I heard he signed a three book deal for the series with Thor. And the law of nines wasn't one of the three.

Lord Moore
05-21-2012, 12:40 PM
I was, but stopped mid way through book four or five as the storyline was getting bad.

Skoty422
05-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Bummer to hear that. I enjoyed them. And anxiously waiting for another. His writing has gotten better in these last two books though.

Crime City Mark
05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm not really a fan of his works. Book 1 was nice, book 2 was good. Pretty much everything after that was him ramping into his "I hate Communism" books. It's kind of hard to suspend disbelief when all of the enemies are such caricatures.

Joe Brown1
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I enjoyed the series but I agree - 1 and two were by far the best. Then again my tolerance for story lines goes way up when I am sitting on a plane for 6 hours.

Regarding the caricatures of communism (interesting transition btw) - I visted by Russia and China in 1982 - the caricature of society under those systems at that time were not that far off. Many of the "Communist" countries today have vastly changed. Then again look at some of the more recent reports of the gulag systems in N. Korea.