PDA

View Full Version : Most ridiculous thing ever in this game.

Durwood
05-23-2012, 04:01 AM
Several days ago, I was getting ready to kill the boss (I forgot what it was) in the Unsanctified Marsh. I needed to have something like 5400g to buy whatever armor or weapon I needed to take him down and just got that amount. I bought the item, got one hit in on him, and then the news popped up that I was attacked and lost 1000g. When I tried to get another shot in on the boss, it stated that I needed to buy the weapon/armor to hit him and I noticed that the 5400g was back in my possession, sans the 1000g I lost.
Spaghetti Code?

Then, last night, someone with about the same level/attack/defense as me attacked me and got 500g. I went back to his Kingdom for a little revenge, and it told me he was too weak to attack. He wasn't. What in the heck is going on?

It's also frustrating when EVERYONE in my attack list is MUCH farther ahead on everything than I am and I have ZERO chance of winning a battle or raiding a building.

They need to fix these BLATANT inconsistencies.

Other than that, it's pretty fun.

Euchred
05-23-2012, 04:14 AM
Sounds like these problems are linked to your 3G connection at the time. Whenever something like your equipment issue happens to me I close and reopen the app and usually I still have the equipment.

el_gringo
05-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Then, last night, someone with about the same level/attack/defense as me attacked me and got 500g. I went back to his Kingdom for a little revenge, and it told me he was too weak to attack. He wasn't. What in the heck is going on?

It's also frustrating when EVERYONE in my attack list is MUCH farther ahead on everything than I am and I have ZERO chance of winning a battle or raiding a building.

This is no blatant inconsistency.

If most other people are stronger than you, you shouldn't be trying to get any farther ahead on quests. Take a week or so without doing ANY quests, invest everything you earn in things in this exact order:

1. ALWAYS have a building upgrading. I'd advise to go from upgrading a money building, to a boost or unit building, then a money building, unit boost building.

2. Always have your vault upgrading, and vault all the cash you can.

3. Spend all the remainder in this order for a while:
-the best armor you can buy at your level, enough to kit out a large portion of your army
- the best weapon you can buy at your level, enough to kit out a large portion of your army
- a couple of defensive buildings near your big income earners
- the best defensive unit available to you, in large quantities
- the best attacking unit available to you, in large quantities.

Do ALL of that before you even think about questing or attacking/raiding once more. I'd wager there will be events in KA shortly, so attacking is only going to rise and you want to be the one on the offensive by then. not the defensive.

Edit to say regarding the guy who was 'too weak to attack', after (or possibly just before) he attacked you, he's attacked someone else and lost a few times, or hes also had someone else start attacking him before you have. Ergo he's been beaten enough, I'm not sure how long it takes before you can target him again though.

custos
05-23-2012, 10:05 PM
gringo, I agree with all of that except buying armour and weapons. For those I'd recommend you go to a map with a monster that's low enough in strength that you can kill it with one hit. Then kill as many of those as you can and collect the loot. This will result in loot drops that are far superior to what you could probably afford to buy from the store. The reason for choosing the monster that you can kill with a single hit is that doing so limits the XP you get per kill, which in turn slows down your advancement to the next level up.

Skoty422
05-24-2012, 05:22 AM
gringo, I agree with all of that except buying armour and weapons. For those I'd recommend you go to a map with a monster that's low enough in strength that you can kill it with one hit. Then kill as many of those as you can and collect the loot. This will result in loot drops that are far superior to what you could probably afford to buy from the store. The reason for choosing the monster that you can kill with a single hit is that doing so limits the XP you get per kill, which in turn slows down your advancement to the next level up.

+1 to that. Armor and weapons will just put you in the hole. Unless you're a camper.

el_gringo
05-24-2012, 10:05 AM

By the sounds of things he's passed the stage when doing this is a good idea. IMO he can't afford to use ANY xp for a while.