PDA

View Full Version : Tournament Rounds Completion!

CounterSniper
06-11-2012, 05:00 AM
Ok everyone. I have finshed the Tournament Rounds and can say without a doubt that there were 200 of them.

There was no grand prize like in CC when you get the Thug Blaster, it was just another Cannon.

Interestingly, I thought I would have nothing left to do as I completed all the other quests but lo & behold there was a new one in the quest list...

Champion's Round 1

Congratulations! You've made it to the real challenge. This arena is where you challenge your real peers. Are you ready?

~Win 71 battles against opponents with 500 or more allies.

So basically CR's are just TR's 2.0 cuz they start of at the same spot TR's finish. :p

edit~ I completed TR's!

Altz
06-11-2012, 05:04 AM
Im at 177.

CounterSniper
06-11-2012, 05:54 AM
Im at 177.

Ok, anyone higher than than 177?

Freekizh
06-11-2012, 06:00 AM
Ok, anyone higher than than 177?

Isn't the last one when you reach 500 allies? Does the ally Cout increase in a predictable way?

CounterSniper
06-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Isn't the last one when you reach 500 allies? Does the ally Cout increase in a predictable way?

In CC a large number of them were for attacking rivals over 500. It hasnt played out that way here. The whole 499 thing in CC & MW seems to have influenced TR's in KA.

By this point in CC for example I would already be required to hit 500's exclusively but at TR 164 I'm required to hit 59 rivals with 408 or more allies.

It seems to go 0, 3, 5, 8, 0 but that doesnt really tell us anything. They may have stopped short of 500.

That's why I was hoping one of the data crackers had that info.

Njwmrb
06-11-2012, 06:47 AM
In CC a large number of them were for attacking rivals over 500. It hasnt played out that way here. The whole 499 thing in CC & MW seems to have influenced TR's in KA.

By this point in CC for example I would already be required to hit 500's exclusively but at TR 164 I'm required to hit 59 rivals with 408 or more allies.

It seems to go 0, 3, 5, 8, 0 but that doesnt really tell us anything. They may have stopped short of 500.

That's why I was hoping one of the data crackers had that info.

What do you do with all your honor points?

CounterSniper
06-11-2012, 06:55 AM
What do you do with all your honor points?

Buy hi end hp units.

Njwmrb
06-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Buy hi end hp units.

Was looking for a little more specific answer lol, cannons?

CounterSniper
06-11-2012, 07:10 AM
Was looking for a little more specific answer lol, cannons?

I use a fairly balanced approach for the different unit types.

Assassins, Warlocks & Cannons. Werewolves when I unlock them.

~My preference is Cannons as they have good stats and seem to last a little longer than the others.

CounterSniper
06-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Ok everyone. I have finshed the Tournament Rounds and can say without a doubt that there were 200 of them.

There was no grand prize like in CC when you get the Thug Blaster, it was just another Cannon.

Interestingly, I thought I would have nothing left to do as I completed all the other quests but lo & behold there was a new one in the quest list...

Champion's Round 1

Congratulations! You've made it to the real challenge. This arena is where you challenge your real peers. Are you ready?

So basically CR's are just TR's 2.0 cuz they start off at the same spot TR's finish. :p

tcapi
06-24-2012, 09:47 PM

So it is in the pipeline.....

CounterSniper
06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
A plus to the CR's when compared to TR's is that you get a HP unit at the completion of every round instead of every five rounds like in TR's. At least so far.

Completed the first five CR's.

If it changes I'll let you know.

MSH
06-25-2012, 11:34 PM
Quick question - do you really need to complete all these tournaments for anything tangible, except from a bit of h points and, perhaps some satisfaction from the achievement itself?

I mean I have done exactly 100 and then gave up due to diminishing returns - far too many losses to make up for with their rather meager end of tournament h points. I get mine by lots of raids/attacks I know I have virtually no chance to lose much and by completing level 4 for each map to get h points bonuses there...

CounterSniper
06-25-2012, 11:49 PM
Quick question - do you really need to complete all these tournaments for anything tangible, except from a bit of h points and, perhaps some satisfaction from the achievement itself?

I mean I have done exactly 100 and then gave up due to diminishing returns - far too many losses to make up for with their rather meager end of tournament h points. I get mine by lots of raids/attacks I know I have virtually no chance to lose much and by completing level 4 for each map to get h points bonuses there...

Well, if you pick your targets you don't lose a lot.

I now have 100 Assassins, 100 Warlocks, 100 Werewolves, 100 Cannons & 20 or so of all the lesser HP units. Do the math on that.

By properly constituting my army any losses I incurred were minimal in value especially after I obtained the countless free units that drop from PvP.

Raids just don't provide enough HP's to be worthwhile so unless it's a juicy building is a waste IMO. Why get just a few HP's per hit when I get on avg around 12 HP per hit (17 max so far) from PvP at my level and with the Devil Warlord.

Btw- I do the maps too so get those bennies as well.

Another thing is that I have scored far more money from unvaulted cash than I ever got from robbing buildings. You gotta rob a lot of buildings and waste a lot of stamina to equal what I get from attacks.

Edit- Got curious so I did the math. I added up all of my HP units and they total 144,130 HP's. I'd say that's a pretty good ROI. :)

Freekizh
06-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I agree - Some people see no honor in raiding buildings. It's pretty boring tactically unless you are trying to cutoff a rivals cash flow, but even then that's hard to do if they have 12/24/48 buildings. Better to go for PvP I think.

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 12:20 AM
I agree - Some people see no honor in raiding buildings. It's pretty boring tactically unless you are trying to cutoff a rivals cash flow, but even then that's hard to do if they have 12/24/48 buildings. Better to go for PvP I think.

Oh, I don't mind robbing buildings but they just don't really pay enough except for those 12, 24 & 48 hr bldgs which can be hard to come by and even then it depends on their lvl.

But people do get much more offended if you rob em, that's for sure. :)

MaverickMunkey
06-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Oh, I don't mind robbing buildings but they just don't really pay enough except for those 12, 24 & 48 hr bldgs which can be hard to come by and even then it depends on their lvl.

But people do get much more offended if you rob em, that's for sure. :)

Sometimes the abuse makes it funnier and gives a good excuse to go back!

I raided one guy and the abuse he left me meant I was sad enough to set a timer for his manors and every 48 hours went back and raided them again until I got bored!

MSH
06-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Well, if you pick your targets you don't lose a lot.

Edit- Got curious so I did the math. I added up all of my HP units and they total 144,130 HP's. I'd say that's a pretty good ROI. :)

THAT's what I call impressive ;) Have just got only 60+ cannons and some 40+ leftover assassins...at least for now :)

As to PvPs, I do them for all the reasons you mentioned, especially whenever unvaulted gold is concerned - just not in tournaments anymore - easy pickings, I guess...As to the raiding, my math is somewhat different there - as long as the unit loss/gold win balance is positive I would go for that - there mind be some less h points, but then the leveling up is slower, as well, so I could build up my strength a bit for each new level, but then - to everyone his own

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 12:40 AM
THAT's what I call impressive ;) Have just got only 60+ cannons and some 40+ leftover assassins...at least for now :)

As to PvPs, I do them for all the reasons you mentioned, especially whenever unvaulted gold is concerned - just not in tournaments anymore - easy pickings, I guess...As to the raiding, my math is somewhat different there - as long as the unit loss/gold win balance is positive I would go for that - there mind be some less h points, but then the leveling up is slower, as well, so I could build up my strength a bit for each new level, but then - to everyone his own

Yes, leveling isn't a concern for me so that isn't a consideration. I can appreciate that.

Once in the shark pool no need to worry about leveling anymore. 😃

Curious, what level are you?

MSH
06-26-2012, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=CounterSniper;

Once in the shark pool no need to worry about leveling anymore. 😃

Curious, what level are you?[/QUOTE] 93 so far and seriously ambivalent about levelling up. On one hand - I do appreciate all the extra skill points I could get, on the other hand, all these talks about sharks make me somewhat queasy - not that I am worried of becoming a target myself that much - all in the vault and well diversified buildings...just concerned about running of easy targets myself when I hit the stratosphere - for the big leagues my mid 30s A/D is somewhat anemic

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Sometimes the abuse makes it funnier and gives a good excuse to go back!

I raided one guy and the abuse he left me meant I was sad enough to set a timer for his manors and every 48 hours went back and raided them again until I got bored!

Yeah, I hit someone, don't even remember if it was a raid or attack but they posted on my wall that I was a cheater.
Not being a cheater I was nonetheless curious as to source of that bit of reasoning and they came back with this whole I'm a free player and you used gems so you're a cheater.

I of course responded how players who support the game make it possible for freeloaders like her(just screwing w/ her, dont really think this) to play and call others cheaters just cuz she lost and explained that whining on others walls wasn't gonna win her friends.

Well over a 4 or 5 day period this person dropped over 2k in stats because she whined on many players walls calling them cheaters. I of course had to wait in line to hit her but did so with patience. She later posted that I misunderstood her. I continued the onslaught till she fell of my radar.

I play MW free and played CC free till level 100 but never once thought gold buyers were cheaters or ever considered crying on their walls. Some people gotta get a grip, but my diatribe aside, revenge is sweet and some of the hateful comments can be more fun than the action itself. :)

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 12:57 AM
93 so far and seriously ambivalent about levelling up. On one hand - I do appreciate all the extra skill points I could get, on the other hand, all these talks about sharks make me somewhat queasy - not that I am worried of becoming a target myself that much - all in the vault and well diversified buildings...just concerned about running of easy targets myself when I hit the stratosphere - for the big leagues my mid 30s A/D is somewhat anemic

93 you say? Well you're in the shark pool already. With your 30ish stats most won't bother you unless they are blind attacking.

There are too many with stats lower than yours to bother with plus a lot of the sharks are jockeying for position and trying to fortify their positions so they are not really engaging in a lot of offense right now. At least thats what I see going on.

MSH
06-26-2012, 01:04 AM
93 you say? Well you're in the shark pool already. With your 30ish stats most won't bother you unless they are blind attacking.

There are too many with stats lower than yours to bother with plus a lot of the sharks are jockeying for position and trying to fortify their positions so they are not really engaging in a lot of offense right now. At least thats what I see going on.

Agree with that - was not attacked for weeks, if you don't count a couple blind retaliations by guys with much lower stats...the nice juicy targets with much lower stats then mine are getting somewhat difficult to get though...and the higher the level the tougher that would be, I guess...That why I slowed down a bit to beef up my forces...For someone with 144k honor points that is not a issue already, I suppose ;)

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Agree with that - was not attacked for weeks, if you don't count a couple blind retaliations by guys with much lower stats...the nice juicy targets with much lower stats then mine are getting somewhat difficult to get though...and the higher the level the tougher that would be, I guess...That why I slowed down a bit to beef up my forces...For someone with 144k honor points that is not a issue already, I suppose ;)

Yeah, I get visited by a couple sharks fairly regularly but never too bad.

No turning back for either of us. :)

d_nickels
06-26-2012, 02:34 AM
CounterSniper, I'm curious, how is your unit army sustainable? I know you must pvp like made to get that many honor points to buy all those units, but it seems like you would lose those units faster than you would generate more honor points to replenish them. Are you able to focus mainly on players with super low stats so you don't actually lose many units? Is there a cutoff where you actually won't lose any units? Such as a certain attack value/percentage over their defense? Personally I wouldn't have anything against that approach I just imagine it would be impossible for me to keep a large group of honor units like you have alive long enough to actually grow that large.

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 02:45 AM
CounterSniper, I'm curious, how is your unit army sustainable? I know you must pvp like made to get that many honor points to buy all those units, but it seems like you would lose those units faster than you would generate more honor points to replenish them. Are you able to focus mainly on players with super low stats so you don't actually lose many units? Is there a cutoff where you actually won't lose any units? Such as a certain attack value/percentage over their defense? Personally I wouldn't have anything against that approach I just imagine it would be impossible for me to keep a large group of honor units like you have alive long enough to actually grow that large.

It's sustainable by selective targeting vs impetuos targeting.

Obviously the fact that I have them shows they are sustainable as I am doing CR's now.

And yes, if you pick your targets carefully taking into acct their a/d, stats, their unit composition, boost bldgs and equipment you can size em up rather fast. I realize a lot of KA players are new to funzio but I learned way back when with MW which I still play.

As Freekizh has discussed before, there are a lot of factors that go into efficient target acquisition. It really is pretty complicated.

As for unit losses that is complicated as well. You have to outfit your army in such a way so that you don't lose the expensive units all the time, I mostly lose the units that drop from PvP (mainly berserkers) and catapults if I lose units.

The_Red
06-26-2012, 05:33 AM
It's sustainable by selective targeting vs impetuos targeting.

As Freekizh has discussed before, there are a lot of factors that go into efficient target acquisition. It really is pretty complicated.

I agree with this as well - which is why I usually keep a mental note of people that Ive attacked and had very low unit losses and keep attacking them for days to complete these quests. Sizing up the kingdom can help, but having attacked them prior helps a bit more. :)

Hobtuse
06-26-2012, 06:09 AM
You find the wounded gazelle and pounce.

@CounterSniper: They award the Honor units in order of rounds completion again? e.g Rogue to War Golem then Assassin to Cannon?

The_Red
06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
You find the wounded gazelle and pounce.

Speaking of finding the slow one in the herd - found a great one this AM:

L81 @ 5.2k/5.2k 294 allies. Hard to believe their W/L is 389/8.5k Heh.

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Who...Me? :cool:

Not sure, I keep forgetting to keep track. :o

I just knows its one every round instead of every 5 and i know for sure i just got a werewolve recently.

I'll try to pay attention. I swear. :rolleyes:

Skillzrock2
06-26-2012, 06:35 AM
How is the max number of allies you can have calculated?

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 06:37 AM
How is the max number of allies you can have calculated?

Lvl x 5

Max 500 into battle. Anything over 500 is not brought into battle.

Hapl0
06-26-2012, 07:54 AM
CS, in the other thread cabby found a rogue weapon with stats 34/23? I know isn't the armor but maybe you don't had this.

CounterSniper
06-26-2012, 07:56 AM
CS, in the other thread cabby found a rogue weapon with stats 34/23? I know isn't the armor but maybe you don't had this.

Thx, yeah i just saw that, I dont have a lot of the good stuff. Just gotta take what i can get. :cool:

QuantumP 86
06-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Do you know when the quests start popping up, like increase army defense/attack to xxxxx?

Do I need to add a certain number of allies (haven't gone above 125) or reach a certain level (I'm at 65 right now) or complete the upgrade the kingdom quests (I've been on upgrade tower to level 6 for a long time and don't see a reason to finish it?)

CounterSniper
06-28-2012, 08:07 AM
@Hobtuse

This is the progression so far.

Champion's Round 10 - 200xp, 1000hp, Water Elemental

Champion's Round 11 - 200xp, 1000hp, Giant Worm

Champion's Round 12 - 200xp, 1000hp, War Golem

Champion's Round 13 - 200xp, 1000hp, Assassin

Champion's Round 14 - 200xp, 1000hp, Warlock

Champion's Round 15 - 200xp, 1000hp, Werewolf

Champion's Round 16 - 200xp, 1000hp, Cannon

Champion's Round 17 - 200xp, 1000hp, Rogue

Champion's Round 18 - 200xp, 1000hp, Water Elemental

Champion's Round 19 - 200xp, 1000hp, Giant Worm

lucita
06-28-2012, 11:53 AM
Thanks a lot for the sharing!
Interesting to see that the HP unit awards come more often but the HP reward goes down to 1000 max.
Man, you have a gift at finding those with high ally count!

CounterSniper
06-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Thanks a lot for the sharing!
Interesting to see that the HP unit awards come more often but the HP reward goes down to 1000 max.
Man, you have a gift at finding those with high ally count!

You're Welcome.

It just got a lot harder after the last update altered the battle list.

Not only did it shrink but im seeing tons of new people so i have to spend more time analyzing. All of my old reliables vanished.

Have never seen such a dramatic rivals list change before in any of Funzios's games. Bummer

lucita
06-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Not necessarily a bad thing though.
Many old feeds I stopped seeing in the past 2-3 weeks come back up again.
Guess it may be a bit different for you given you're on 500 ally only. I'm still on high 400s.

CounterSniper
06-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Not necessarily a bad thing though.
Many old feeds I stopped seeing in the past 2-3 weeks come back up again.
Guess it may be a bit different for you given you're on 500 ally only. I'm still on high 400s.

My lists had been predictable, as i refreshed i could fairly accurately guess what crowd was on the bottom of the list by who was shown at the top of the list and even though the total number of rivals was longer I knew them well.

Shortly after doing the last update things dramatically changed.

I can see it being better for my usual victims but no so much for me, yet anyways.

I am hoping its just temporary as you suggest, i look forward to the reunions if that happens. :cool:

lucita
06-28-2012, 05:51 PM
My lists had been predictable, as i refreshed i could fairly accurately guess what crowd was on the bottom of the list by who was shown at the top of the list and even though the total number of rivals was longer I knew them well.

Totally agree with this observation. The case for me is that I used to have only 1-2 daily feeds with enuf ally for my quest and the rest are the bottom crowd for HP/exp with close to no casulty. It's quite likely that we're talking about the same bottom crowd.
It's not good to see this crowd go from the current list but easier for me to get those with enuf ally count for tourny points. Just out of curiosity did you/do you have for your daily tourny points feed?

CounterSniper
06-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Just out of curiosity did you/do you have for your daily tourny points feed?

Are you asking if my victims i used regularly for CR's are still there?

No, 99% of them vanished. I am finding others but its more time consuming and risky.

lucita
06-28-2012, 06:15 PM
haha, i'm sure you'll get your new list up soon.
I'm still yet to learn from you the art to find those with tons of unvaulted gold. Maybe I'm just being lazy these days on KA overall, but the most gold I got recently is only in the 10k range.

CounterSniper
06-28-2012, 06:31 PM
haha, i'm sure you'll get your new list up soon.
I'm still yet to learn from you the art to find those with tons of unvaulted gold. Maybe I'm just being lazy these days on KA overall, but the most gold I got recently is only in the 10k range.

I dont hunt gold per say, I hunt HP's and the gold finds me.

Of course once that player gives it up i never forget them.

Im actually thinking of changing my game plan.

Cannons only increase my def by 3 now so except for refitting losses HP's are starting to become obsolete for me.