PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed in pvp

Talis23
06-12-2012, 10:25 PM
For the past week or so, my level 68-75 chars have been getting hammered by folks of level 120+. These folks are leagues ahead of me in-game. Their attack is 3-4x my defense. I have absolutely nothing against pvp, but this is like an adult slapping around a kid. My a/d is average for those in my level, but out of whack with people who are attacking me 4 times a day. I believe this has changed recently and the change is not for the better.

How am I even showing up in their battle list? I see folks +- 4 levels of my own when I pull up my battle list. There is decent variance in number of allies, but the levels are all appropriate. Are they cheating, or is there a mechanism I'm unaware of to find targets 30+ levels below me?

The net effect here is that this serves as essentially a tax I have to pay. I have to keep my gold balance around my bank, or essentially pay people to beat me mercilessly. Even though i bank my gold, these guys sometimes take 30 units from me in a single series of attacks, and that can cost me thousands to replace. Finally, it stifles growing my kingdom as I can't keep any more cash on hand than what I can bank, which means no expensive buildings or upgrades. Do I have to inch my bank up forever (a week per inch) before I can get a manor or decent upgrades? If I was just worried about peers, I could probably hold my own with decent strategy and smart gameplay. As it stands, I just get steamrolled with no recourse.

Aoxoa
06-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I believe the mechanism is that since there are so few people in the higher levels, you are just high enough that you are forced onto their list just so they can even have a rivals list.

I'm not condoning this as a good mechanism, just relaying what I believe it to be.

Sheree
06-12-2012, 10:41 PM
Thats it! I'm camping at level 67!! =:-O lol

asdfg12345
06-12-2012, 11:15 PM
I am in the 70s and is a free player. I get attacked at most once or twice a day. That amount is pretty normal and acceptable. The only reason why you get attacked alot is because your defense is low and these top players can just attack you without taking casualty. Also, its kind of your fault for having such a low defense that these top players got 4x your defense. I have yet to meet a lvl 100+ player who got more than 3x my defense. Only person I have seen who got 3x my defense is ironically a lvl 86 player.

ShawnBB
06-12-2012, 11:35 PM
FYI

I'm level 72, 280 Allie. 38000 defense.
Speaking of unfair, I constantly attacked by 3 specific players with 100+ level and 450+ Allie.

Since there are very few players that level up to 72+ to construct a sufficient rival list for those heavy credit card whales, we innecent non-related free people have to be put into fill those blanks to be the food.

Sheree, you safe over there? 5 lvl different, and having a twisted life:(

Talis23
06-12-2012, 11:42 PM
My defense is not particularly low. Currently, my defense is 29966 at l75 with 375 allies. After doing the math, it's more like 1.5 to 2x, but it's still irrelevant, as even a 1.5x multiplier means I get beat every time. In the last day alone, here are the records of pvp (all incoming passive attacks)
Losses:
Lvl 109 - 49479 attack
Lvl 85 - 35072
Lvl 100 - 54562
Lvl 94 - 51662
Lvl 97 - 50950
Lvl 111 - 68000
Lvl 112 - 58613

Win:
Lvl 84 - 12566

Over that period, I lost 6 paladins and 19 illusionists. That's 7350 to replace those units.

While I understand the desire to allow even high level players the ability to pvp with a diverse rival list, I suspect that by the time more folks get there, we won't have the ability to beat up people 30 levels below us, essentially incurring almost no casualty penalty based entirely on level disparity. Every time I decide to attack someone, I have to pay the cost, why do they get a free ride on my gold?

Pluisje
06-13-2012, 03:16 AM
I would skip those high casualty illusionists if i were you

Houseplant1
06-13-2012, 03:57 AM
I agree, why are you still using illusionists at level 75?

lucita
06-13-2012, 03:57 AM
Welcome to the whale territory, in which everyone sees everyone else!

Your defense is not bad and here're a few suggestions and hope they may help:

- 1. It does sound like you get an unproportional amount of attack and my guess is your ally count. High level guys most likely have completed a high number of tournaments such that they need to attack people with very high number of allies. You may actually have 500 allies to make you a sweet spot to gain tourny points. Here I'm talking about the allies being those that can be utilized for army units. You probably have a lot more than 375 allies at your back. Try to cut your list down to 375 and even less. This is a painful amount of work due to the user interface. I've done that exercise once ages ago and my attacker simply walked away.

- 2. Yeah, given you've so many fights, illusionist isn't gonna to be economical for you. Build up your paladin army!

- 3. Have your got the water temple? If so then level it up as well!

- 4. (Secondary) Increase your defense more on a daily basis .... so hopefully your attackers are aware that you're an active player getting stronger and spend their energies attacking other weaker players.

- 5. Be friends to your attackers! Add them and try to talk to them. It may not work but it'd never hurt. Talk like a human being and don't complain in front of them cos that would just make you a sweeter target!

- 6. In no way should your expose your harvest schedule for your 12/24/48 hr building!

- 7. (Hypothesis) I'm on the high level but not the highest. However, there's almost no one with higher level than me on my battle list and most ppl are 10-30 levels lower. If there's something weird about Funzio's algorithm then it means if you level up like hell to lvl 80 or 90 something you would be gone from target list of the biggies.

lucita
06-13-2012, 04:01 AM
One more thing, never try to fight back! Once you leave your name on the hunters' news feed they can come whenever they want and you're doomed!

Winstrol
06-13-2012, 04:04 AM
Leave them your ID , so they can add you to their alliance , simple and easy -_-

The_Red
06-13-2012, 06:57 AM
Leave them your ID , so they can add you to their alliance , simple and easy -_-

why would they want to do that when they're hang their way with the OP? Seems pointless.

The_Red
06-13-2012, 07:27 AM
My defense is not particularly low. Currently, my defense is 29966 at l75 with 375 allies. After doing the math, it's more like 1.5 to 2x, but it's still irrelevant, as even a 1.5x multiplier means I get beat every time. In the last day alone, here are the records of pvp (all incoming passive attacks)
Losses:
Lvl 109 - 49479 attack
Lvl 85 - 35072
Lvl 100 - 54562
Lvl 94 - 51662
Lvl 97 - 50950
Lvl 111 - 68000
Lvl 112 - 58613

Win:
Lvl 84 - 12566

Over that period, I lost 6 paladins and 19 illusionists. That's 7350 to replace those units.

While I understand the desire to allow even high level players the ability to pvp with a diverse rival list, I suspect that by the time more folks get there, we won't have the ability to beat up people 30 levels below us, essentially incurring almost no casualty penalty based entirely on level disparity. Every time I decide to attack someone, I have to pay the cost, why do they get a free ride on my gold?

Finally! Just got attacked by P.D. 145 5.2M gold. 99k/93k. 21k/hr. 533 allies.

Talis23
06-13-2012, 09:43 AM
Quick note on a few points. I haven't run the numbers yet, but it's served me well so far.

I use illusionists because illusionists are cheap. They have almost no attack, so I never take them into battle as an attacker. They basically hang around the crib and die, while giving me a decent passive d that holds just fine with people of my level. Think of them as a fence or other deterrent. I have enough so that on a defensive battle, the illusionistis is my lowest unit in play. Get a bunch, but make sure you have enough real attacker units so you don't take them out when you attack, as they get eaten up.

A corollary to this on the attacker side is the battering ram. Also cheap, and die frequently. If you have max units of 1000, you can secure a base a/d of 8000a and 9000d, all for a paltry 260k. Upkeep on this army is generally low, depending on how frequently whales attack you, and how frequently you choose to attack.

It's important to note that I'm considering this a base level army. I purchase better units over time, and as I do, the large standing army basically becomes backup to cover me as I use and lose better units in the field. At the moment, I'm replacing illusionists with paladins, but there are some issues there. That same 1000 units runs 750k. Next, paladins have an attack of 8, which means that when I attack, they go into the field much more frequently. They cost much more, and building the colleseum up took time and money, but they die less frequently. Still, losing 1-2 paladins in a raid is almost always a net negative event.

Finally, I've seen folks talk about reducing or controlling your number of allies. I'm not at all clear why one would do this. More allies equals more units in play, which equals more attack/defense. Cheap units and cheap weapons/armor makes even a cleric or foot soldier a net positive at very low cost. My advice is to have as many allies as you can (with the level*5 cap), and fill them with junk units until you can upgrade. It might require upkeep, but it could be the slim difference between winning or losing (except when your attackers have 2x your stats, of course).

The_Red
06-13-2012, 09:46 AM
\
Finally, I've seen folks talk about reducing or controlling your number of allies. I'm not at all clear why one would do this. More allies equals more units in play, which equals more attack/defense. Cheap units and cheap weapons/armor makes even a cleric or foot soldier a net positive at very low cost. My advice is to have as many allies as you can (with the level*5 cap), and fill them with junk units until you can upgrade. It might require upkeep, but it could be the slim difference between winning or losing (except when your attackers have 2x your stats, of course).

The higher the allies count you have the higher the minimum players you will find in your Battle list. If you keep your allies lower, you can raid/bottom feed a little easier. This goes double if you're playing only with enchanters and battling rams, as its really easy for people to fill their army with those units.

When I was @ 150 allies I could see from about 20-300. At 250 allies, I see from about 130-350.

lucita
06-13-2012, 10:08 AM
- "illusionists are cheap. "
The frequeny of battles is a key element to decide the true cost of unit, on top of the price of gold and the att/def numbers. For the sake of example if you never need to fight then the true cost of a unit can be reflected simply in the price and att/def numbers. In your case that you get constant attacks from much stronger players the casulty rate becomes an issue and make illusointists relatively more expensive compared to other defensive units with lower casulty rates

- "paladins have an attack of 8, which means that when I attack, they go into the field much more frequently."
My impression is that the common wisdom on this forum is that the higher the attack the more likely the unit would be brought into attack battles. The attack algorithm designed by Funzio is still a black box for me such that I can't be sure whether a unit is more likely to die only because of having higher attack in offensive battles, assuming all other variables being equal. This may be a matter of debate that leads to pages of shouting and yelling so I would rather stop here :)

- "Still, losing 1-2 paladins in a raid is almost always a net negative event."
I'm not sure about your income but if you pick fights that cost you 1-2 paladins then it doesn't sound very economical to begin with at the first place. Perhaps changing the fighting style rather that the army composition can bring you greater benefit?

- "reducing or controlling your number of allies"
Red brings up a very good point.
On top of that I doubt if you get what I meant at the first place. For example if you're at lvl 75 and have 450 allies you'll be utilising 375 allies. I'm suggesting to cut your ally count down to 375 because you don't get much practical benefit, at least for the time being, for the 376th-450th ally but attracks the hunters whose tournaments require them to attack those with more than 375 allies.

Great_wall2
06-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Talis23, what is your current IPH?

Talis23
06-13-2012, 11:43 AM
My iph is 4900 on average (I have an acct on iPhone and one on iPad). right now, that's where I've been focused with upgrades. It tends to be cyclical, usually around the time I max my current large standing army (foot soldiers/clerics, illusionist/battering ram, now paladin/manticore), then I shift to upgrades to unit buildings, rinse and repeat.

I'd like to call myself a free player, but on both iPad and iPhone I did the 5$ gem buy, specifically to spend 10 gems a shot on doing VIP, which basically equates to bumping your ally count by 50 in 2 hrs. I know I could probably simply add folks on the forum, but that $5 per device saved me a lot of typing on crappy keyboards and was generally well worth it.

This does have the added benefit of xp and cash as a side effect of completing your ally quests. You also get the additive a/d from having more allies. You get a lot for that 5$ if you spend just on VIP. Imo, It's probably the best value in the gem game for those trying to accelerate leveling, particularly in earlier game.

Great_wall2
06-13-2012, 12:22 PM
My iph is 4900 on average (I have an acct on iPhone and one on iPad). right now, that's where I've been focused with upgrades. It tends to be cyclical, usually around the time I max my current large standing army (foot soldiers/clerics, illusionist/battering ram, now paladin/manticore), then I shift to upgrades to unit buildings, rinse and repeat.

I'd like to call myself a free player, but on both iPad and iPhone I did the 5$ gem buy, specifically to spend 10 gems a shot on doing VIP, which basically equates to bumping your ally count by 50 in 2 hrs. I know I could probably simply add folks on the forum, but that $5 per device saved me a lot of typing on crappy keyboards and was generally well worth it.

This does have the added benefit of xp and cash as a side effect of completing your ally quests. You also get the additive a/d from having more allies. You get a lot for that 5$ if you spend just on VIP. Imo, It's probably the best value in the gem game for those trying to accelerate leveling, particularly in earlier game.

I think that may be one of your issues. You leveled and added too many allies too quickly without bolstering your army at a high enough rate for attack and particularly defense. Not only did this put you in the shark tank but it also makes you susceptible to up and coming rivals who are leveling more slowly but have built up more powerful armies but are not "sharks." For example my attack is 14,000+ at only a 102 allies while my defense is 17,000+ (level 61). Prorated to your # of allies and that would give me conservatively 38,000 attack and 44,000 defense, almost 10,000 attack and 14,000 more defense than you. I have not camped too much, just for about 5 days to build my first manor. However I realized that my defense was so much greater than my rivals at my level and ally number that I built my second manor during the last KA event. I am a free player, no gems spent, started about 2 weeks after the launch. However I am very conscious of my leveling and will slow down significantly before I reach the shark tank; this I will have to manage.

I would suggest you lower your allies drastically below the max and start putting all your focus in to building up your defense. Hopefully reducing your allies will take you out of the high ally bracket (not 100% sure of this as you are such a high level). The High Priest is my opinion is the best defensive unit for its price of 2,800, at least at this time. Getting the wizard spire to level 7 is not too difficult especially if your vault has been consistently upgraded. Attacking at this time for you should be secondary, your IPH is solid so if you are not spending gold on replacing your attacking units then you can divert those funds to defense. You may have to camp for a bit while you rebuild your army. Unfortunate yes but this game takes some patience and planning. You will experience short term pain, but hopefully the level bracket moves up a couple of notches and takes you out of the reach of the sharks.... hopefully. This will also allow you to fend off more attackers and buy you more time to build a more efficient and powerful army.

As far as gaining allies are concerned I just added my name once to an add me thread and include it in my signature. I have had at least 50 ally standing requests for the past 3 weeks so I can add them when I have upgraded my army. This also helps me manage my quest completions as well. I don't want to complete them too quickly because it gives me too much experience, which will push my level too high that I can't upgrade my army fast enough.

Freekizh
06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Talis defense is solid for that level - a little light because of illusionists but definitely as he put it "average". The issue is not his defense, its that he at L75, is AT LEAST 375 units lower than the attackers or about 15,000D less than it could be. There is very little you can do about this - you will always be behind the good players who are higher levels.

He needs to continue to level up or camp to drop out of whale. He has to decide whether its better to continue to accumulate and develop in whale or better to stay out of whale. Look at the stats of the attackers - mostly 50K+.

He does not need to reduce allies - his "official" ally count is 375 so he will come on the rivals list as such even for PvP tournament. The last thing he needs is to reduce ally count below 375 in whale.

lucita
06-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Totally agree with Freekizh! except the last point.

That's not true, even with others would see him as having 375 allies. For example, if an attacker has a tourny that needs to attack those with 400 allies or more and that talis has 400 allies, then the attacker can count the win towards his/her tourny points. However, if talis has only 375 allies, then the attacker is not gonna to get anything and will most likely focus on other players.
I can tell because one of those ppl having a hard time to find ppl with high ally count for tourny but I'm not the one who attacked talis :)

Freekizh
06-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Totally agree with Freekizh! except the last point.

That's not true, even with others would see him as having 375 allies. For example, if an attacker has a tourny that needs to attack those with 400 allies or more and that talis has 400 allies, then the attacker can count the win towards his/her tourny points. However, if talis has only 375 allies, then the attacker is not gonna to get anything and will most likely focus on other players.
I can tell because one of those ppl having a hard time to find ppl with high ally count for tourny but I'm not the one who attacked talis :)

I am not sure how this works Lucita as the Max profile allies is always just level * 5, and when people identify targets they can only see this, so I still don't get this so even if he has 400 allies, it still shows 375.

Now of he did not have full unit, weapons and armor per ally, then that is a different story buti don't think this is the case.

Talis23
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
This is an interesting assertion. From responses to this thread, Rival lists are bracketed by both level and ally count. Outside of the new development allowing high levels to operate at 30+ level disparity, I've seen about a 4 level spread. In terms of ally count, I've recently seen about 150 ally spread. There is an issue here that either i simply don't understand, or those who control growth don't. If each level is worth 5 capped allies, then the max the level bracket can impose is 20 allies. This means that those at the lowest ally count are generally penalized by a factor of 7.5 against those at the top of the bracket.

Note that I can't adequately judge the top of the spread due to the cap . The highest rival count i've seen on my list after a bunch of refreshes is 20 above me, and about 150 below me. I'm taking this to mean that at any point in time, you could be attacked by someone up to 4 or so levels higher than you and with up to 150 more allies.

There is a subtle point in the statement you are making though. You are taking your time, controlling leveling and ally count to essentially shield yourself from whales, or those expressly focused on maxing stats. This gives you an alternate benefit that I think is more important than level or ally count : that of time. Short of gemming to accelerate time, this is essentially the general equalizer in the game. Regardless of your ally count or level, the game is generally skewed to the patient (or very rich and silly). The longer you play, the better your kingdom is at both producing income as well as producing better units, generally regardless of your level (with the slight exception of minimum levels for some building types).

I do posit however, that you are making an assumption that I'm not sure is correct. Raw numbers count, not projected proportionalities or average unit strength. There is a supposition of either/or in regards to fewer good units and ally count versus higher ally count and worse units. As I've previously stated, unit production capability (including how to pay for them, and which units you can create) is a function of time, not level or ally count. You could add an ally today and 3 battering rams for 330 gold, and have 24 more attack. Add 3illusionists for 450, and have 27 more defense. You could do so at a lower cost for less a/d, or at a higher cost for better a/d. While this may reduce your average per unit scores, it increases your raw output. This doesn't preclude you from upgrading those units to better ones later. The singular downside to this is that you may have a handful of new rivals that can now attack you because you are at n+1 allies. I believe this to only be a downside for those who have less than their allowed number of units (and armor/weapons). If this is the case, simply fill those slots with the cheapest units, armor and weapons needed to get to 100% coverage.

There may be something to be said towards controlled growth as a function of optimal resource utilization (keeping your build, upgrade, expand and vault queues always active), and my strategy does leave a trail of weaker units in my wake which may not be optimal, but it also assures me that if I attack or am attacked, I only lose a proportion of my attack or defense capability. if I lose a paladin defending a raid, an illusionist is right there. This means the loss of defense capability is 8, not 17.

lucita
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I am not sure how this works Lucita as the Max profile allies is always just level * 5, and when people identify targets they can only see this, so I still don't get this.

Now of he did not have full unit, weapons and armor per ally, then that is a different story buti don't think this is the case.
Yeah, that's the confusing part and it took me a while to find that out.

Yup, in that example people only see him as having 375 allies. However, if I'm attacker that needs to attack those with 400 allies or more I can only tell whether my victim meets my criteria by attacking him/her and checking whether my tourny points count increase or not. Even in that case I can't tell how many allies does my victim have exactly.

Try to think about it as two ally count. The effective one and the actual one. If the actual count is less than the maximum allowed, i.e. lvl * 5 then they're the same. If not then all I'm suggesting what may help talis is to reduce the actual ally count down to the maximum allowed, but not necessarily less than that (as I agree with all your other suggestions). Is this more clear and make sense to you? :)

RandomUser
06-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I am not sure how this works Lucita as the Max profile allies is always just level * 5, and when people identify targets they can only see this, so I still don't get this so even if he has 400 allies, it still shows 375.

I haven't found this to be the case, or perhaps I'm misunderstanding you. My "Battle List" shows rivals' levels and ally counts, only some of which are a factor of 5, and none of which are 5 * their level. Is the reason you see so many of those because you've maxed your ally count for you level?

Edit: Nevermind. I did misunderstand you. Carry on. :)

Freekizh
06-13-2012, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that's the confusing part and it took me a while to find that out.

Yup, in that example people only see him as having 375 allies. However, if I'm attacker that needs to attack those with 400 allies or more I can only tell whether my victim meets my criteria by attacking him/her and checking whether my tourny points count increase or not. Even in that case I can't tell how many allies does my victim have exactly.

Try to think about it as two ally count. The effective one and the actual one. If the actual count is less than the maximum allowed, i.e. lvl * 5 then they're the same. If not then all I'm suggesting what may help talis is to reduce the actual ally count down to the maximum allowed, but not necessarily less than that (as I agree with all your other suggestions). Is this more clear and make sense to you? :)

Ok I get you now - a priori people will see him with just 375, and if he is unlucky to find someone who is persistent enough then he has higher risk as a result. I am not sure how well known this is though.

Great_wall2
06-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Talis defense is solid for that level - a little light because of illusionists but definitely as he put it "average". The issue is not his defense, its that he at L75, is AT LEAST 375 units lower than the attackers or about 15,000D less than it could be. There is very little you can do about this - you will always be behind the good players who are higher levels.

He needs to continue to level up or camp to drop out of whale. He has to decide whether its better to continue to accumulate and develop in whale or better to stay out of whale. Look at the stats of the attackers - mostly 50K+.

He does not need to reduce allies - his "official" ally count is 375 so he will come on the rivals list as such even for PvP tournament. The last thing he needs is to reduce ally count below 375 in whale.

I wasn't sure if at level 75 how long he will be in whale territory. I would be more concerned with those rivals that are making their way up in levels that have better built armies. Whales will be whales, there is nothing he will be able to do about them. His defense is average for now but how long will that last. Right now KA rival ally brackets are a bit of a mess because the game is still relatively new and there are so few high levels.

If I were him I would be doing some major camping to rebuild my army and hope that the level/ally bracket moves beyond 75 as quickly as possibly.

As far as being 375 allies, if he reduces his allies he should no longer be a target for tournament quest fulfillment. His potential is still 375 allies but if he has 100 allies a player who defeats him will not get credit for beating someone with 375 allies even if he shows up on their rival list. At least is is how I understand how it works.

Great_wall2
06-13-2012, 02:05 PM
KA is still relatively new so the high level brackets ally range is really quite silly. You can be attacked by someone who has 150+ allies. Couple that with gem players and the difference in their attack vs your defense is ridiculous. Funzio allows this to increase the pool of players available to the high level players and whales otherwise they may only see a handful of players that have similar allies at their current level. How would you like to battle the same group of players over and over again; not so much fun. Eventually more players will be higher level and the pool will increase. When that happens then the higher level bracket will move upwards and players at level 75 will no longer be exposed to the higher level bracket.

Average unit A/D is more important in my mind than raw allies. Consider this, I have 102 allies but I can easily beat all the 135 ally rivals that appears in my attack list. It may take a bit more time but in the end I will have a strong army when I eventually increase my ally count. Also that is why gem players are so powerful, because their singular gem units are so strong they increase their average unit attack. Also I understand that you can buy the cheaper units then replace them. However this will cost more in the long run as you are constantly replacing these units with better more expensive units but the A/D growth will be minimal. My play style is to have less allies, with better units. This allows me to play at my own pace rather than have someone else dictate it for me.

The key for me is to stay out of whale territory for the time being until I can increase my ally count with solid units.

lucita
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
Re: Freekizh - hehe, I'm quite surprise to learn that experienced players like you didn't know that! I guess that's because your setup is in a better way such that you never experience the 'high ally count attack' issue. I bet after this thread more people would be aware of that?

Re: Great_wall2 - thanks for summarizing the issue!

Re: Talis23 - I hate reading long replies that're not in bullet points but I do spend the time to read yours. And I find that a very thoughtful piece! :) Yeah, I think you're read our thoughts very correctly, as summarized in your 'subtle point'/3rd paragraph and 'an assumption'/4th paragraph. Raw force counts and forget about the 'balance'!
However, we should make it clear that our thoughts and discussion here apply only in the CURRENT whale landscape. This can change any time because in whale land the game mechanics are less affected by the numerics, but more by the [top] players (because therer're so few whales, such that ppl see +/- 30 levels) and whatever tricks that Funzio can do (such as changing attack limits from 5 to 20, tourny, etc.)

Freekizh
06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
Re: Freekizh - hehe, I'm quite surprise to learn that experienced players like you didn't know that! I guess that's because your setup is in a better way such that you never experience the 'high ally count attack' issue. I bet after this thread more people would be aware of that?

Okay Lucita don't rub it in ... hehe :)

Great_wall2
06-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks lucita,

All: sorry for the long replies... my bad for being so wordy....

Talis23,

Keep in mind the level cap increases will help to move the bracket as well. The original cap was level 50 so those near to that level were exposed to all high level and whales regardless of ally count. Now it looks like level 68 is the start of the high level /whale bracket. That will move too since the level cap is now 100+, it is just a matter of time.

lucita
06-13-2012, 02:46 PM
btw Freekizh, have you thought of making a whale territory guide given you've done such a great job for the initla KA strategy guide? :) On top of that, I'm sure the sharing of your experience in CC and MW will be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm just having fun in KA as the game goes.

Freekizh
06-13-2012, 03:43 PM
btw Freekizh, have you thought of making a whale territory guide given you've done such a great job for the initla KA strategy guide? :) On top of that, I'm sure the sharing of your experience in CC and MW will be greatly appreciated. Right now I'm just having fun in KA as the game goes.

Well i dont play CC and I'm not quite fully in whale yet. I am level 65. I believe full whale is more like 67-68. I am enjoying the quiet now.

I also need to wait to see if my KA strategy works first before I post :) If there is ever a whale guide, it will take some time ...

I'm learning from all of you too - I only take what I think is useful, test it out, modify it and then add it. It takes awhile to see if it works. This is why I am very argumentative with people when I talk about this and that strategy as I have to be sure it works, so dont take offense. I keep track of all different types of players..gem, campers..etc. the different styles are very interesting. I like to visit my allies bases a lot..from low to high ally, so to keep an open mind about all the hybrid approaches, especially if it's very different to mine and they can keep up with my key stats.

MaverickMunkey
06-13-2012, 03:51 PM
Hey Freekizh -

You may have posted this before and i apologise for my laziness in not trawling through the old threads, but at level 65 what sort of stats do you have - i.e. A/D and ally number? Feel free to PM me if you do not want to put this on the forum!

Im just trying to assess my stats against comparable forum members as apposed to the ally lists.

Great_wall2
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks lucita,

All: sorry for the long replies... my bad for being so wordy....

Talis23,

Keep in mind the level cap increases will help to move the bracket as well. The original cap was level 50 so those near to that level were exposed to all high level and whales regardless of ally count. Now it looks like level 68 is the start of the high level /whale bracket. That will move too since the level cap is now 100+, it is just a matter of time.

MaverickMunkey
06-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Just for you pal. My current stats are 16.7k A / 28.5k D with max allies.

Cheers for that! I have sent you a request if you are accepting!

MaverickMunkey
06-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Done. I like your I game handle! Reminds me of the old monkey magic series.

Never saw that series!

I see what you have done with the Paladins and Riflemen. Personally, i am upgrading the Beast Warren so that I can ultimately bulk up on Cave Trolls and Wyvern and then move onto High Priest for the defense aspect.

Houseplant1
06-13-2012, 04:36 PM
Never saw that series!

I see what you have done with the Paladins and Riflemen. Personally, i am upgrading the Beast Warren so that I can ultimately bulk up on Cave Trolls and Wyvern and then move onto High Priest for the defense aspect.

I did the exact same thing for the Wyvern and I regret it, the level 10 colluseum unit is $500 less and you only lose one attack point. When your using them to both attack and defend, (depending on how often you get attacked) it becomes quite expensive. I've personally lost over 200 of them from pvp.

MaverickMunkey
06-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I did the exact same thing for the Wyvern and I regret it, the level 10 colluseum unit is $500 less and you only lose one attack point. When your using them to both attack and defend, (depending on how often you get attacked) it becomes quite expensive. I've personally lost over 200 of them from pvp.

I was thinking of using the High Priest as my main defense until i get fully equipped with dragons (I wish!!!).

Houseplant1
06-13-2012, 04:49 PM
I was thinking of using the High Priest as my main defense until i get fully equipped with dragons (I wish!!!).

What I believe I should have done was gone all out on manticores, then high priests, then finnaly the wyvern or any unit with similar stats. Learn from your mistakes I guess. Hindsight is a cruel mistress.

MaverickMunkey
06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
What I believe I should have done was gone all out on manticores, then high priests, then finnaly the wyvern or any unit with similar stats. Learn from your mistakes I guess. Hindsight is a cruel mistress.

I am equipped currently with Manticores, Seige Towers and Trebuchets for my attack and Zepplins for my defense. Once my Beast Warren is fully upgraded, i am going to be looking at the Troll and Wyvern for attack and then upgrade the Wizard's Spire to get the High Priest for defense while I upgrade the Gnomish Lab.

I have been saving up my valor recently and have a decent bank but don't know whether to spend it on Cannons or whether to blow all of it on Werewolves. Any ideas appreciated!!!!

Houseplant1
06-13-2012, 05:06 PM
I am equipped currently with Manticores, Seige Towers and Trebuchets for my attack and Zepplins for my defense. Once my Beast Warren is fully upgraded, i am going to be looking at the Troll and Wyvern for attack and then upgrade the Wizard's Spire to get the High Priest for defense while I upgrade the Gnomish Lab.

I have been saving up my valor recently and have a decent bank but don't know whether to spend it on Cannons or whether to blow all of it on Werewolves. Any ideas appreciated!!!!

What's the lowest attack unit that you bring Into battle? If its 16 from the manticore, then spending 400H to only get +8 attack would be pointless. Spending the extra 100H for a cannon would be the best idea in that scenario.