PDA

View Full Version : Is the Dwarven Mine really the end?

Mcdoc
07-03-2012, 04:03 AM
Say it ain't so! There has to be more maps with a better end to the storyline :/

Timbathia
07-03-2012, 04:12 AM
Say it ain't so! There has to be more maps with a better end to the storyline :/

Better end? I didnt even think there was a poor end to the storyline. There was just suddenly no more new monsters to kill.

I hope you are right and they come soon.

femaiden
07-03-2012, 05:52 AM
i didnt even know there WAS a storyline....

femaiden
07-03-2012, 05:54 AM
i do find it odd that this game has half the amount of content as modern war and crime city they have like double the areas and levels..this game cuts off way sooner than those do...

The_Red
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
i do find it odd that this game has half the amount of content as modern war and crime city they have like double the areas and levels..this game cuts off way sooner than those do...

haven't they added levels 2x to KA already? Whats to say they aren't going to do it again?

Dewsy
07-03-2012, 09:55 AM

KA is a lot newer. I can't speak for CC because I only play this and MW, but MW has had new content added over time, I presume they will do the same for KA.

asdfg12345
07-03-2012, 09:56 AM
haven't they added levels 2x to KA already? Whats to say they aren't going to do it again?
People are just spoiled these days. MW and CC came out long before KA so obviously they have more contents

Mcdoc
07-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I just thought it was because I hadn't unlocked an area or something - I was at level 73 when I saw no more new missions - and I thought for sure when I hit level 75 I would see something new.

Oh well - this game just seemed wired up for more PvE than PvP in the other 2 games with the whole skill area dedicated to "Hero Strength" that is only good for PvE. I didn't really follow the missions in MW because I didn't want to waste upgrades on Ground unit building upgrades for units I never intended to purchase - and for me CC was just there to pass the time between MW logins.

I only cared about KA because I started from the beginning of the release and liked how it combined aspects of MW & CC .

Anyway - I'm sure they will add more Maps on the next release or this just became a game with a 6 month Shelf Life.

Hobtuse
07-04-2012, 07:11 AM
wait for the update. I want to kill Malik too.

spectra
07-04-2012, 08:06 AM
I think they will add new maps in the next update, which should be coming soon
also because GREE has to put their logo on the game, just like they did with the MW game and they need to keep players in the game
I hope we get at least 6 new maps :)

DIrishB
07-04-2012, 02:53 PM
Oh I'm sure they'll release new maps eventually. KA has been out now for what, 2 and a half months? I think we'll see new maps soon enough. I've been mastering the early maps to Level 5, and am planning on doing so for all maps, so I can see myself being kept busy with this game for several months yet to come, even without new maps.

Gree's recent acquisition of Funzio may have delayed new content (or not, don't really know) in favor of amping up profits (the Chest events are pretty obvious clues), but they know they'll have to start releasing new content like maps and missions, or risk losing their customer base, and thats never good business.

And if the ability to fight and kill Malik hasn't happened yet (I don't know as I'm only about 1/3 of the way through the maps), obviously there's more content planned.

Sir Mixalot
07-05-2012, 03:08 PM
I think GREE has obviously stamped their logo on the game with the addition of weekly credit card **** events. Yep. And the storyline comment made me laugh. This is a time sink game. Storyline is irrelevant. Here it is if you didn't know... One day in a cubicle across the office, a couple of designers decided to take a semi-popular gametype and create their own game. So they did, in perfect cookie cutter fashion, they created their own game in hopes of making some money. Which they did! And then they sold it to an even greedier company by the name of GREE! And then GREE initiated rapid succession events to milk the players of all their money. This made GREE very happy, and the players very sad.......and then the game died. The end.

The_Red
07-05-2012, 04:24 PM
I think GREE has obviously stamped their logo on the game with the addition of weekly credit card **** events. Yep. And the storyline comment made me laugh. This is a time sink game. Storyline is irrelevant. Here it is if you didn't know... One day in a cubicle across the office, a couple of designers decided to take a semi-popular gametype and create their own game. So they did, in perfect cookie cutter fashion, they created their own game in hopes of making some money. Which they did! And then they sold it to an even greedier company by the name of GREE! And then GREE initiated rapid succession events to milk the players of all their money. This made GREE very happy, and the players very sad.......and then the game died. The end.

Cool thing is the door won't hurt as bad when it hits you on the way out since you're probably playing the game for free. ;)

Sir Mixalot
07-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I think you meant to say "won't hurt at all". In which case you would be correct, but how will you feel when you realize I was right?

Sludgeboy
07-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I think you meant to say "won't hurt at all". In which case you would be correct, but how will you feel when you realize I was right?

Or wrong...

The_Red
07-05-2012, 06:42 PM

no, I meant to say what I wrote.

BrodawgCanada
07-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Content will be added!! What one game has all of them will have!! Look at all the maps for CC, but it's been around for like 2 years, Compared to KA which has been around for only like 3 months......

DIrishB
07-06-2012, 08:15 PM
While I agree in part with Sir Mixalot's post, I do think it's overly cynical. Gree are testing the waters of KA's profitability with these events. And while that's fine, there is a line and point of taking it too far that they're rapidly approaching. Too many players (both free and gem buying) are growing frustrated with the events. Free players mainly with the unfairly labeled "Fair" chance to open a box (it's more like 20-30%, a "Fair" chance by definition is 50%). Gem buyers are growing frustrated with the lame consolation prizes of stupidly low honor and gold prizes (both of which are insulting to those like myself who in the past have spent plenty of money on the gem open option only to receive 25 honor... You're kidding, right?).

As I've said several times in other threads, they need to scrap the low honor and gold prizes, increase the chance of obtaining high gold and honor prizes, and add low level gem units as prizes (say 10-25% chance) so the players don't feel ripped off when spending gems to open boxes.

After the dismal returns for my gem open options on the last event, I will never spend another dime for gem events. I'll still spend money on the game as I enjoy it and like enhancing my army with gem units, but Funzio/Gree's attempts to increase profits through these events has failed with me (and likely many others as time goes on).

I understand it's a business and they need to make money, but there's a way to do that without proverbially kicking your consumers in the nuts through these events (again, I'm talking about those lame honor and gold prizes).

I hope they listen to our feedback because I do enjoy the game and want to see it continue to be successful, but not at the cost of slowly angering and alienating their paying customer base.

Populouspapa
07-06-2012, 08:29 PM
While I agree in part with Sir Mixalot's post, I do think it's overly cynical. Gree are testing the waters of KA's profitability with these events. And while that's fine, there is a line and point of taking it too far that they're rapidly approaching. Too many players (both free and gem buying) are growing frustrated with the events. Free players mainly with the unfairly labeled "Fair" chance to open a box (it's more like 20-30%, a "Fair" chance by definition is 50%). Gem buyers are growing frustrated with the lame consolation prizes of stupidly low honor and gold prizes (both of which are insulting to those like myself who in the past have spent plenty of money on the gem open option only to receive 25 honor... You're kidding, right?).

As I've said several times in other threads, they need to scrap the low honor and gold prizes, increase the chance of obtaining high gold and honor prizes, and add low level gem units as prizes (say 10-25% chance) so the players don't feel ripped off when spending gems to open boxes.

After the dismal returns for my gem open options on the last event, I will never spend another dime for gem events. I'll still spend money on the game as I enjoy it and like enhancing my army with gem units, but Funzio/Gree's attempts to increase profits through these events has failed with me (and likely many others as time goes on).

I understand it's a business and they need to make money, but there's a way to do that without proverbially kicking your consumers in the nuts through these events (again, I'm talking about those lame honor and gold prizes).

I hope they listen to our feedback because I do enjoy the game and want to see it continue to be successful, but not at the cost of slowly angering and alienating their paying customer base.

The fair option is 45%.. Its 20, 45 and 100 if I remember correct.

Futon
07-06-2012, 08:43 PM
I just want new items, i'm done with all the quests and have been farming dwarven mines and i'm still at 25/15 weapon and 15/25 armor

DIrishB
07-06-2012, 08:45 PM
The fair option is 45%.. Its 20, 45 and 100 if I remember correct.

In my experience it's more like 20-30%. if it were 45%, I'd open a box just under 50% of the time... In the 3 events I've played that's never been the case with the gold option. Maybe I just have ludicrously bad luck, but from plenty of other posts here on the boards I'm not the only one.

Granted, I'm no statistics expert, but on average when using the gold option I'll get an open box 1 out of every 3-5 tries, and maybe out of those I'll get an egg maybe a third of the time, the rest being those terrible low gold and honor points reward.

And ultimately my point is that especially for gem buyers related to these events, the low gold and honor prizes need to be nixed in favor of something more palatable and useful to players. As said, low cost gem units (stuff that normally runs for between 50-100 gems) would be perfect. If I knew I could win low level gem units besides the eggs, rings, etc for the events, I personally would be willing to spend more on the events, something I won't do at all in the future until they rework the gold/honor prizes. Again, it's just insulting to spend money on a guaranteed open chest and get 25 honor. I can get that using less than 10 stamina for free. It just doesn't seem like a logical long term business practice, as more people seem to be dissatisfied with the events than happy. How long until the glow wears off and very few bother to spend money on these events?

I'm not complaining for the sake of complaining, I'm doing it in the hopes Funzio is listening (and we know they are) and adjust things so these events continue successfully (ie, awarding fans with worthwhile prizes as opposed to gold/honor, and keeping people spending money on gems which benefits Funzio).

Sorry, I'm beating a dead horse at this point.