PDA

View Full Version : "Missed" - Have you seen that before?

tcapi
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
In PvE, we know that putting Skill Points to "Hero Strength" will add damage to the monsters, a better weapon your hero holds would increase amount of damage done, and a better armor will reduce the damage done on your "Energy" by the monster's fight-back if there is no 1-hit kill.

Have you seen "Missed" (in turquoise color font) while the monster fights back? There is no damage on your "Energy" but you gain the experience anyway. I have observed an increase of this lately. Anyone has any idea what trigger this?

enahs1
07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I thought better armor increased the chance of the monster missing you...

tcapi
07-05-2012, 07:24 PM
If you are right, and I do hope you are, that would explain what I am observation.

Kiss Of Death
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
If you are right, and I do hope you are, that would explain what I am observation.

Actually the in game FAQ itself clearly states that the defense value increases the chance for a miss only not damage reduction. The damage is set. The chance of missing is what increases. So it's either all damage or no damage. Only our hitting monsters has a variable damage factor.

I'm at 99 Hero Strength and 29/16 Weapon, 16/27 defense. Even on lowest map that I don't get one hit kills anymore on the monsters, are still doing the same damage to me they did when I first started. They just miss me a lot more now which saves energy.

enahs1
07-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Hey KOD, what's your average damage dealt to a monster with 99 hero strength

tcapi
07-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks. That is what I need. Key point is then to find better weapon and armor for the Hero.

Ralooney
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
I have 115 hero strength with book of necromancy (29/16) and robe of the undying (18/30). I deal anywhere from 115 damage or so all the way down to 86 damage. Why is my damage output so much lower than my attack rating?

Kiss Of Death
07-06-2012, 12:31 AM
I have 115 hero strength with book of necromancy (29/16) and robe of the undying (18/30). I deal anywhere from 115 damage or so all the way down to 86 damage. Why is my damage output so much lower than my attack rating? I do average of 86 on higher maps. I suspect perhaps creatures have an armour rating? Your damage is variable and there is a thread about it. PM hello kitty she can probably advise you as a KA lover of the game she's got most answers

The_Red
07-06-2012, 06:23 AM
I have 115 hero strength with book of necromancy (29/16) and robe of the undying (18/30). I deal anywhere from 115 damage or so all the way down to 86 damage. Why is my damage output so much lower than my attack rating?

there's a random variable (chance if you will) that lowers it. Its not an automatic.

OP: "Missed" isn't a new thing - you're probably just equipping your hero better so you're seeing it more now.