PDA

View Full Version : My Appologies to all, I stated the Epic Boss would be a great event, but I was wrong!

spectra
07-25-2012, 02:20 PM
the event is another GREE way to milk their CASH COW'S (Us the players)

Sorry to all

I did at the start was very happy to see this event come to KA, but after playing a few bosses, I AM VERY DISSAPPOINTED IN THE EVENT......

plain and simple, the made the event impossible to beat to about 95% of the players
there will be a VERY FEW LUCKY ONES that might just get to 40 without any or very little GEMS

Mayor issues compared with the MW event

Event parameters are the same for both as per calculating each boss difficulty level

1--For MW you have to kill boss 30 times, for KA is Kill boss 40 times

2-- In MW when you level up, your life bar refill while in the boss is active, in KA THAT DOES NOT HAPPEN (good buy to the 18 gold hits when leveling)

3-- MW boss mega hit takes 20 gold, while KA mega hit takes 25 GEMS

4-- MW med-kit cost 20 gold, KA Cure potion cost 10 GEMS, good? (Not sure, have not use one, But I think someone stated it does not give you a full refill)

All I can see now is GREE thinking we are all nothing but CASH COWS for themI will play until I get stuck (most likely on boss #11) and be happy with the 10 COMMON units I get (very much the same case with MW, lots of players there that have made it to boss 20+ complain on getting only common units)

ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......

my apologies to all, and try to make the best, once you get stuck and do not want to waste your money, just play as you always do an ignore the boss when it appear, that is what I do in MW and now in KA

Sad day for me.....:(

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Please, let's give a moment of silence for the death of expectation. We miss you, but your lagacy of hope, of prosper, of indestructible unites gotten with ease shall live on in us all.

The_Red
07-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I'm disappointed that low level players can 3-free hit their 10th boss, while high level players have can't get past boss 7 12-hitting with gold. Seems wildly skewed to me.

I gave my moment of silences to the death of my lowered expectations.

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 03:14 PM
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c332/SeqTheMesiah/Modern%20War%20Crime%20City%20and%20Kingdom%20Age/a069792b.jpg

1 Uncommon in 11 tries..all others common....yes very shady..in MW I would be at 1 rare 3 uncommons and the rest commons..

BTW Do not be fooled it's very hard for even a low level to beat this boss...and I have good stats and the highest possible unit density for a free player.

Boom
07-25-2012, 03:26 PM
I think that's a rare unit I'm at lvl 9 and my uncommons are only in 20s/30s

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 03:29 PM

You're right indeed...MY apologies to all on this mistake.

Hapl0
Agreed on all, my cap where until i kill boss 11 times. Only one uncommon and the rest common.

SeqWins

What's your ingame name and allies?

ChaosRules
07-25-2012, 03:53 PM
8 bosses so far...all commons.

Guido69
07-25-2012, 03:59 PM
I am at 1 rare, 2 uncommon, and 9 common. I think I can squeeze in maybe 3 more.

Timbathia
07-25-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm disappointed that low level players can 3-free hit their 10th boss, while high level players have can't get past boss 7 12-hitting with gold. Seems wildly skewed to me.

Sure, but the units the low level players get arent actually any good. Even for me at level 74, the common units are on par with the units at the bottom end of my army. For the low level players they wont even be using their units once they get to higher levels. If the low level players can get tto 40 for the major prize, then I agree this event is broken in terms of how it is set up.

I guess I have been lucky because I have 2 rare and 3 uncommon units from 10 bosses.

Hapl0
07-25-2012, 04:36 PM
I agreed with Timbathia.

SeqWins
07-25-2012, 04:44 PM
Sure, but the units the low level players get arent actually any good. Even for me at level 74, the common units are on par with the units at the bottom end of my army. For the low level players they wont even be using their units once they get to higher levels. If the low level players can get tto 40 for the major prize, then I agree this event is broken in terms of how it is set up.

I guess I have been lucky because I have 2 rare and 3 uncommon units from 10 bosses.

I'm a LLP and none of the units I have gotten so far fight in my Army except for the Rare Unit I just posted...not really good odds..no point in participating..Back To camping.

The_Red
07-25-2012, 05:00 PM

IMHO, its less about the units - while they're cool to get its really not why I play events - I play events because they are fun. Its the challenge of getting close to the goal of "winning." If an event craps out the first day for high level players - it isn't terribly "fun."

Look at Spectra's recent post - 14 hits @ 70k/hit for unit number 8? Seriously?

Hobtuse
07-25-2012, 05:11 PM
@Timbathia: Hi I think only the rare and uncommon units will get a chance to be part of the armies.. Mostly we play the event because events are 'unique' occurrences from the daily grind of the game.. I wanted to see how far I could have gotten in the event with my stats..

But the event does penalize the high level players while rewarding the low level players.. Being out of contention on day 1 out of a week-long event is quite dispiriting...

EDIT: Sarnath'd

d_nickels
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Honestly, I think they have their boss hit point calculations messed up in this event. I'd love to see CCM weigh in on this, or at least be willing to take it back to the developers.

The progression that Hello Kitty posted in another thread about her experience in MW boss events seemed fairly realistic. She beat the last boss after using around 700 gems. Maybe you can use less if you're really strong for your level, or more if you're weak. But it should be reachable for most using less than 1k gems, IMHO.

This event is totally unwin-able for anybody but a heavy gem player. I'd love to hear what the experience has been for some of the players with max allies and 1500 dragons. If those players can't even beat this thing with minimal gems then the average player can't even get close.

Myself, I'm level 107 with above average attack. I started this event with under 200 allies but I'm doing pvp quests for players with over 320 allies and I rarely find players I can't beat with that ally count. I'd think I should be able to beat most of these bosses without gems until the last few (10?) maybe. Right now it looks like I'll get stuck on boss 7 or 8 even if I get 13 hits in. Thats so crappy I have no motivation at all to use some gems to progress further. I'd have to spend 100's of gems on each boss to progress much past 10-15 I think and thats just stupid.

I think most of the active forum members here have above average stats for their level and if this crowd can't progress far then I doubt many will at all.

If CCM or any players with a huge dragon army want to weigh in with their thoughts/experience I'd love to hear it.

Jhoemel
07-25-2012, 06:08 PM
[/QUOTE]
1 Uncommon in 11 tries..all others common....yes very shady..in MW I would be at 1 rare 3 uncommons and the rest commons..

BTW Do not be fooled it's very hard for even a low level to beat this boss...and I have good stats and the highest possible unit density for a free player.[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally right seq. Im pretty sure I have good density too but the bosses are too strong

Muddy
07-25-2012, 06:10 PM
I stopped on 4th boss or 5th - don't remember and after that I use only free hits and miss shance to kill boss every time. For me will be greate if I could remove this quest from my tasks board because it is on my way.

Appologies to all but it is not interesting to be online for hit bosses. No strategy, you don't have choice, everything you need just click on the button every 26 minutes. And for what. To get some units? For low levels it would be good help but for high level players doesn't matter difference in several 1000 attacks and defense.

Would you create function to remove this quest from tasks please.

GetItOn
07-25-2012, 06:50 PM
I think they should increase the odds of getting a Rare/Uncommon unit from the bosses the higher up you go. That way you have more motivation to kill higher bosses even if you don't hit 40. Like they do with Gem Chests. 5% rare for 1 chest or 15% chance if you buy 3. Otherwise, it's ridiculous to spend 200 gems on Boss 35 for a 7/21 common unit....

Poon
07-25-2012, 10:18 PM
8 bosses defeated; 7 common and 1 uncommon. Also, I just used 10 gems to replenish my health(50%), to defeat the last boss with 8 minutes left before he "escaped".

Looks like that's the last boss I'm defeating since I will NOT be spending anymore gems on this event...

Good job GREE! Another great scheme to milk players out of more money. :-P

Cool Fella
07-26-2012, 05:49 AM
Did you guys seriously think that this will be a great event without real $?. For those that play MW shouldn't be a surprise. Anyways, I am in my boss #14 and it seems that I won't be able to go much further because I won't spend a single gem to get a common unit.

Hello Kitty
07-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Did you guys seriously think that this will be a great event without real $?. For those that play MW shouldn't be a surprise. Anyways, I am in my boss #14 and it seems that I won't be able to go much further because I won't spend a single gem to get a common unit.I was expecting to pay for the end bosses (35-40), but it's looking like I'll stall out around boss 15 with free or gold options. Not going to buy bosses 16 - 34. Going to try adding some units to see if that helps, otherwise, I'm running out of juice to kill boss...

spectra
07-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Yeah GREE manage once again, to convert a possible awesome event into a real bunch of CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
this is really stupid business idea GREE had

they should have left the boss at 30 anyways, since everyone is getting stuck below 20, lol

I understand they want to make money an agree with them that they should get revenue out of event, but they are taking the wrong approach

Here is what I thought Funzio would have done to make this an awesome event and at the same time generate revenue.

1 - prize at boss 30 just like in MW
2 - Adjust event so that 90% of player make it to level 20/23 using free/gold options
3 - last bosses to reach the goal should cost about 200-300 gems to get there (that is about $20 per player)

WHY??????

Most players when they see themself near the goal, would most definetly spend cash on gems to get there
I know if I was at boss 24, I would use gems to get to boss #30 for the grand prize

Cool Fella
07-26-2012, 09:52 AM
I was expecting to pay for the end bosses (35-40), but it's looking like I'll stall out around boss 15 with free or gold options. Not going to buy bosses 16 - 34. Going to try adding some units to see if that helps, otherwise, I'm running out of juice to kill boss...

You are right Kitty. I just defeated boss #14 and I don't think I will be able to go beyond boss #15 without real $. That means that my boss event is about to finish.

I think this event is even worse than MW events because most likely you will need gems to defeat around 24-25 bosses. This is crazy!!!!

Boom
07-26-2012, 11:15 AM
What's your ingame name and allies?I cannot reveal it yet. Don't need to be pounded right now.. Wanna build a good economy first

Boom
07-26-2012, 11:16 AM
So pretty much I just said I'm a chicken..

Chups
07-26-2012, 11:22 AM
At level 15 having a hard time but i know i can beat it with the right strategy. My goal is to get to 20. I have gotten 2 rares 4 uncommons and the rest commons. Im pretty happy, i dont play other Funzio game so I dont have anything to compare it to.

Boom
07-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Thats really good chups Gl on boss 15

DIrishB
07-26-2012, 05:53 PM
The boss event definitely needs some re-working. Hopefully Funzio/GREE listen to the feedback and make some adjustments for the next boss event.

Also hope they alternate the boss and box events instead of doubling up on them, as then most free players will have to take the Free option instead of gold unless they have an insanely high IPH. And let's be honest, with the backlash the events have been getting doubling down on them is just going to piss people off (though I know they do this in MW).

Agree with what's been said, though, in future boss events they should alter it so with free option you can get to at least 20, gold option at least 25, and require gems for the final 5 (also lowering grand prize to 30 instead of 40).

Part of the appeal of these events is the aspect of hope in terms of getting that final prize. When most can't even get halfway there without spending a few hundred in gems, they give up on the event and don't even bother with purchasing gems. I could be wrong but I'd think they'd make more money overall by opening that aspect of hope for most players (who'd then spend $20-60 on gems to get the grand prize) as opposed to a select few who'll spend a couple hundred to get it. I'm no business analyst, but it just seems like a more logical approach to get more people to spend that $20-60 than a few dozen who'll spend the hundreds, but again maybe I'm mistaken.

Krug
07-26-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't even bother after level 8. Just another attempt by Gree to mine $$.

Talkazar
07-26-2012, 07:59 PM
The thing reads like Gree decided the first boss events in MW were too easy, got several suggestions to fix it and... cheerily implemented them all. I guess people will cheerily use gems from boss 7 to 40, but I suspect not many because that grand prize is unlikely to be worth the cost. For the rest of us, its just an annoying screen every 2 hours for the next 5 days.

Crime City Mark
07-26-2012, 10:40 PM
Honestly, I think they have their boss hit point calculations messed up in this event. I'd love to see CCM weigh in on this, or at least be willing to take it back to the developers.

If CCM or any players with a huge dragon army want to weigh in with their thoughts/experience I'd love to hear it.

Don't worry, I'll be taking all the feedback on the event and putting together a full community post-mortem for the design team.

The1nONLY
07-26-2012, 11:27 PM
By my calcualtions and my level i would need 5000 gems to get to the 40 level boss, with this amount of gems been use i rather purchase LE units with these gems and get more A/D stats then the 40 level prize

DIrishB
07-26-2012, 11:51 PM
I got to level 11 and could only get the boss 2/3 health down before running out of time. Till the next event, then.

echus14
07-27-2012, 12:24 AM
I have had to progressively increase my number of units to a level where each hit against a boss did greater damage. So far, I've increased about 3000 attack points, but still have to go the full hog before killing bosses 11 and 12. Can't imagine doing this until Lvl 20 (don't talk about 40).

dookie
07-27-2012, 03:20 AM
really really fed up with this epic boss rubbish, it is even worse in Modern War, i have been about to collect money from finishing a job and when the boss appears and I cancel it (because it costs money RIP OFF), i go back to the game and my cash is gone.

COME ON FUNZIO GET RID OF THE EPIC BOSS.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Jeshu
07-27-2012, 03:45 AM
I can't pass by the 5th boss... Even after adding 50 more allies

d_nickels
07-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Don't worry, I'll be taking all the feedback on the event and putting together a full community post-mortem for the design team.

Thanks, if you can please let us know what the response is. I'd love to know if this event is "working as intended" or if the developers agree it is a bit messed up.

Funkey monkey
07-27-2012, 04:54 AM

CCM – I want to say thanks for listening to us. You can tell the design team put some things in place that we asked for in the past. They added a new event to KA. They’ve added units with new graphics. They added new maps. All of these positive elements got us talking and excited about the game again.

But with this Boss event, I haven’t heard a single player say they would have designed the boss event this way. All the users understand that you are in the business to make a profit. We don’t have a problem with that. I think what everyone wants is a great strategy game that encourages users to use gems but not absolutely necessary. The strategic element should always come first. The strategy of the game is what attracted us and keeps us here. The thought that if we put enough time and effort into the game that we can be better than most others.

When you have events, every week, that has little to do with strategy and can only be purchased, you will lose interest of all players. The gem buyers will feel taken after spending so much each week and the low spenders will feel it is impossible to catch up. Each day that we have an event, we see players that leave messages on the forum that they will not spend anymore gems and are leaving the game.

The game is starting to lose some of its desirability. It no longer seems like the ultimate strategic game. I personally like the game and haven’t played a game this much in 15 years.

Before you do your next event release, ask the design team to answer these questions – does this event add to the overall desirability of the game? Will this add a positive element to the strategy to get our game players talking positive and get them to invite new gamers? Could someone using strategy accomplish this event? Would using gems increase the odds or make it more likely to accomplish the event but not exclusively available to gem buyers? If you can answer yes to these filters, I think it would be a win-win for the players and the company.

Everyone in the community was excited when you told us the boss event was coming and when we saw the beta testers with the units. However, the mood definitely changed once everyone realized that even the best of us who play every day can’t make it half way through the event using strategy.

Here are some positive ideas you can take back to the design team:

Release a new missing honor unit something like one every three months. Give us something to talk about.

Add a new map with new figures and slightly better hero equipment than the last.

Create different type of events that can be won by strategy but increases odds with gems. You can still do box and boss events but make sure that they can be won with strategy but increasing the odds of winning by using gems.

PVP event – increase your personal win attack count by 500. Allow enough time that a person who is dedicated can allow time to replenish their stamina but encourage the use of gems. Later you can do an increase your raid count event.

Cool Fella
07-27-2012, 07:40 AM
I am not able to beat the Boss #15 without gems. Do they really expect me to use gems to beat 26 bosses...yeah right

spectra
07-27-2012, 08:30 AM

Please tell them on behalf of the forum community: "thank you, for making a 7 day event 'die" in just 1 day for 95% of the players"

Cheers

Aha
07-27-2012, 09:17 AM
CCM – I want to say thanks for listening to us. You can tell the design team put some things in place that we asked for in the past. They added a new event to KA. They’ve added units with new graphics. They added new maps. All of these positive elements got us talking and excited about the game again.

But with this Boss event, I haven’t heard a single player say they would have designed the boss event this way. All the users understand that you are in the business to make a profit. We don’t have a problem with that. I think what everyone wants is a great strategy game that encourages users to use gems but not absolutely necessary. The strategic element should always come first. The strategy of the game is what attracted us and keeps us here. The thought that if we put enough time and effort into the game that we can be better than most others.

When you have events, every week, that has little to do with strategy and can only be purchased, you will lose interest of all players. The gem buyers will feel taken after spending so much each week and the low spenders will feel it is impossible to catch up. Each day that we have an event, we see players that leave messages on the forum that they will not spend anymore gems and are leaving the game.

The game is starting to lose some of its desirability. It no longer seems like the ultimate strategic game. I personally like the game and haven’t played a game this much in 15 years.

Before you do your next event release, ask the design team to answer these questions – does this event add to the overall desirability of the game? Will this add a positive element to the strategy to get our game players talking positive and get them to invite new gamers? Could someone using strategy accomplish this event? Would using gems increase the odds or make it more likely to accomplish the event but not exclusively available to gem buyers? If you can answer yes to these filters, I think it would be a win-win for the players and the company.

Everyone in the community was excited when you told us the boss event was coming and when we saw the beta testers with the units. However, the mood definitely changed once everyone realized that even the best of us who play every day can’t make it half way through the event using strategy.

Here are some positive ideas you can take back to the design team:

Release a new missing honor unit something like one every three months. Give us something to talk about.

Add a new map with new figures and slightly better hero equipment than the last.

Create different type of events that can be won by strategy but increases odds with gems. You can still do box and boss events but make sure that they can be won with strategy but increasing the odds of winning by using gems.

PVP event – increase your personal win attack count by 500. Allow enough time that a person who is dedicated can allow time to replenish their stamina but encourage the use of gems. Later you can do an increase your raid count event.

Excellent post. I agree wholeheartedly with everything here. CCM please take this post into consideration when you put together your postmortem