PDA

View Full Version : Tsk! Tsk! Manners

echus14
07-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Just sharing - couple of weeks back, ran into a gamer who was exceeding her vault limit, so PvP'ed and also went for her lvl 10 silo. It was a bit ambitious since I can see she is a low gem buyer and had higher specs than me after she reacted to the raids. We traded a bit of back and forth, and then both stopped attacking. All well and good.

Last night I visited and noticed she was constructing her first manor (which was obviously what she was aiming for with the vault breaches). So, I sent her a message congratulating her on her first manor .... and she attacked me!

Amazing how personal some people seem to take this game :rolleyes:

enahs1
07-25-2012, 08:03 PM
That's when you stalk her kingdom until her manor is ready

Hobtuse
07-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Revenge is a dish best served cold

GetItOn
07-25-2012, 08:35 PM
Last night I visited and noticed she was constructing her first manor

You "visited" her weeks after the incident. Creeepy.

:-p

echus14
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
No, no, since we had each left "calling cards" in the News section, I would go there occassionally to see if she would be able to reach her 250,000 (240,000?) gold for the manor without being spotted by a stronger player.

Fyi, when I originally attacked, she was only a little above her vault limit (say 65K for a vault limit of 50K). Never touched her as she slowly built up to the required amount. So, when I saw that she had made it, I was actually happy for her and hence the congratulatory post on her wall.

Never expected her to react in that fashion.

Maybe its because I'm a free player and my only "investment" is time/effort. To me, its just a game ... I could walk away from this tomorrow and still count myself "richer" for having met so many nice people on this forum. Could be that I'm just not seeing a different point of view (in which case, its my failing) ... but as of now, she just strikes me as being pretty immature. Hey, maybe there really is a 10 year old on the other side ... can't tell right?

Hello Kitty
07-25-2012, 08:58 PM
You "visited" her weeks after the incident. Creeepy.

:-pLol GIO... that's what I was thinking too. Who the heck remembers who we hit or not hit? I know our forum friends, e.g. you, hobs, hap, monkey, etc. but can't remember anyone else...

Everson25
07-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Hey HK! It was love! Lol...

echus14
07-25-2012, 09:09 PM
@HK
Haha ... it was quite interesting actually. First time I was seeing someone around my level (low 40s) attempting such a bold out-of-vault-limit venture.

Besides ... I only stalk pretty cats :p

echus14
07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Hey HK! It was love! Lol...

Hmmm ... in which case, love hurts ... lol

Hapl0
07-25-2012, 09:45 PM
Hey echus, how ended the history?

@HK thanks :)

NightDragon
07-25-2012, 09:49 PM
you are way to nice.... i would have taken my "being weaker than me tax" every two hours till she fell off my news feed :cool:

YLL
07-25-2012, 10:04 PM
@HK
Haha ... it was quite interesting actually. First time I was seeing someone around my level (low 40s) attempting such a bold out-of-vault-limit venture.

Besides ... I only stalk pretty cats :p

Low 40s, you say? Please PM me her username, I'll avenge you. Plus I'm having a real hard time finding people with large amounts of unvaulted cash, hehe.

echus14
07-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Hey echus, how ended the history?

@HK thanks :)

Haha ... hard to say. I responded by hitting her Lvl 10 silo (again) and she being stronger just kept pummelling me. Didn't win a dime since I always keep everything in vault, but lost a couple of units (no big deal). It was all just kinda sad ... I even offered a truce and we be allies (got attacked again in response ... lol). Guess, some people just view a friendly overture as weakness. All gone quiet now, so hopefully "we're not talking to each other anymore" LOL.

GetItOn
07-26-2012, 01:22 AM
In truth if you knew her vault size I woulda kept cleaning her out for as long as u could. As Yll said, money is hard to come by most days.

GetItOn
07-26-2012, 01:29 AM
Lol GIO... that's what I was thinking too. Who the heck remembers who we hit or not hit? I know our forum friends, e.g. you, hobs, hap, monkey, etc. but can't remember anyone else...

I imagine it gets especially hard with your ten bazillion stamina. Haha

echus14
07-26-2012, 02:32 AM
In truth if you knew her vault size I woulda kept cleaning her out for as long as u could. As Yll said, money is hard to come by most days.

I was already starting from a position slightly weaker than her, and she rapidly converted her excess to units to up her A/D stats. Still, I have to say she had guts to run between 100-150K above vault limit. I know at higher levels, the senior players go excess in seven digits, but at lvl 40-ish, that's quite an exposure.

DIrishB
07-26-2012, 03:15 AM
I had a player I attacked through PvP post a comment on my wall calling me a "wimp" and "because I didn't attack my own class". Granted, he was in his low 50s for level and only had around 3k A/D, so I attacked him without losing any units. I responded by telling him he really should increase his army A/D if he wanted to stand a chance in PvP... Then proceeded to tell him I was going to keep farming him like an Iowa corn field due to his rudeness... I guess he missed the part of the game where Tournament and Championship rounds are aimed at attacking other players and took it personal. Unfortunately he didn't attack me back so I've been having trouble finding him on the battle list since I've leveled 5 or 6 times since then. Oh well.