PDA

View Full Version : Player is too weak to attack

Njwmrb
08-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Today I milked a cash cow and ran my stamina to 0 and then waited for it to fill for a couple of more attacks before he was to weak to attack. Then I ate breakfast (Yes, it's noon here BFD) and hopped back on to do some more PVP encouraged by my early spoils.

So I had 6 stamina and found another player yielding max profits from attacks so I used all 6 stamina and and waited for it to fill some more then got another 3 or 4 hits off of her before she was to weak to attack.

So why was I able to get 22-23 attacks off of the first guy and only 9 or 10 off of the second person? My theory is that a player becomes to weak to attack after a certain time period of the initial attack.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

The_Red
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
So why was I able to get 22-23 attacks off of the first guy and only 9 or 10 off of the second person? My theory is that a player becomes to weak to attack after a certain time period of the initial attack.

I've attacked a player randomly over the course of an hour or two waiting for my stamina to refill (I only have 10), so I'm not sure I agree with the weakening period. Basically: I just camp on their kingdom until I come back to my phone to keep attacking.

One weird thing Ive seen when I keep attacking someone is that when they do become able to attack again after 2.5 hours you sometimes can only attack them once prior to them going back into too weak to attack. I always thought that was odd.

Njwmrb
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I've attacked a player randomly over the course of an hour or two waiting for my stamina to refill (I only have 10), so I'm not sure I agree with the weakening period. Basically: I just camp on their kingdom until I come back to my phone to keep attacking.

Were you leaving the players base during that time period?

The_Red
08-28-2012, 10:30 AM
Were you leaving the players base during that time period?

Most of the time I just leave it on their base - sometimes I will leave and come back to the
same players base. (I generally TR quest the same 5 players). I'm not saying its incorrect,
but Ive never experienced it in the style of PvP that Ive been doing for months.

BadNews
08-28-2012, 12:15 PM
You just pick some weak players to hit again and again, right?

Sludgeboy
08-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Yes. The same happened to me. You pulverize them into a fetal position. What might happen is they don't log in for a while to kind of 'reset' their kingdom. I too stay in their kingdom until the stamina regenerates. If you leave, you may not be able to find them again. (like me). That cash cow paid out 97k, 5600 at a time. Being capped sucks when winning but great if being attacked. Virtually no vault at all.

GFF
08-28-2012, 12:57 PM
I only seem to find a cash cow once every couple weeks, and I do a fair amount of PvP. Sounds like some are finding them quite a bit more frequently.

*edit - I may need to post more often. I found one about 30 seconds after I posted this. :cool:

Ahenobarbus
08-28-2012, 09:53 PM
@ Njwmrb - I'd agree with your theory. I've noticed the same sort of limits, declaring a player's weakness when I really wasn't convinced it was the case. I suspected some factor other than wealth or unit losses was behind it. I can't be sure, and my evidence is only anecdotal, but I would say it seems to tie in with what you found.

Njwmrb
08-28-2012, 10:31 PM
@ Njwmrb - I'd agree with your theory. I've noticed the same sort of limits, declaring a player's weakness when I really wasn't convinced it was the case. I suspected some factor other than wealth or unit losses was behind it. I can't be sure, and my evidence is only anecdotal, but I would say it seems to tie in with what you found.

Yeah, I mean I was on each of there bases very near 10 minutes when the message popped up that the player was too weak to attack.

Does anyone have 30+ lvl stamina? If we could compare the amount of attacks someone with 30 stamina gets vs. someone with 10ish stamina then we could test this.

YLL
08-29-2012, 07:41 AM
One weird thing Ive seen when I keep attacking someone is that when they do become able to attack again after 2.5 hours you sometimes can only attack them once prior to them going back into too weak to attack. I always thought that was odd.

Just 2.5 hours? I've been waiting for three hours on my current victi... errr... opponent with no joy. And in the past, there have been some who I've not been able to re-attack till many hours later.

The_Red
08-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I mean I was on each of there bases very near 10 minutes when the message popped up that the player was too weak to attack.

Does anyone have 30+ lvl stamina? If we could compare the amount of attacks someone with 30 stamina gets vs. someone with 10ish stamina then we could test this.

One other thing to consider - they default any connection issues to "too weak to attack" - very often I will attack a 2nd time after getting this message and be able to continue the string of attacks.

Njwmrb
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
Just 2.5 hours? I've been waiting for three hours on my current victi... errr... opponent with no joy. And in the past, there have been some who I've not been able to re-attack till many hours later.

I always thought a player was too weak to attack until they logged in again, not necessarily a time limit.

The_Red
08-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I always thought a player was too weak to attack until they logged in again, not necessarily a time limit.

there is a time component... when you raid people who are over vault and suddenly they see you attacking and dump it all... you still get capped on max attacks.

BadNews
08-29-2012, 10:47 AM

I think you're right. I saw a suicide player, who sold all buildings and didn't login again. This player is always too weak to attack, I keep tracked his battle win and lost for several days. Nothing changed there.

spikey
08-31-2012, 08:30 AM
Hi everyone. Im just joining the forum. Could someone please help me please. Level 32. Allies 50. Attack 2150 Defense 2371. Why I m always losing one or two of my units everytime I go for an attack? In my position which enemy should I go for an attack without losing of my units. Thank You

Funkey monkey
08-31-2012, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone. Im just joining the forum. Could someone please help me please. Level 32. Allies 50. Attack 2150 Defense 2371. Why I m always losing one or two of my units everytime I go for an attack? In my position which enemy should I go for an attack without losing of my units. Thank You
Spikey
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest doing a search on "guide". Before doing more PVP, you need to focus on raising your stats. Look at the spreadsheets on the bottom of ghost's guide it will tell you the units casualty rating. The only way not to lose any units is to only have indestructible units which would be very expensive. But by buying low causality units, building healing temple, upgrading temple and then only attacking others with half defense of your attack, you should be able to limit your losses significantly.

Vile Lynn
08-31-2012, 10:13 AM

Hi Spikey! :) Welcome to the KA Forum!
The best 20 battles I've done on one very weak player, 1/4 of my stats, cost me 4 units. I think that's pretty good considering I can lose 15-25 units from 20 battles on a rival with half of my stats.

Losing units is part of PvP. Maybe some players have attacked a rival 20 times & not lost a unit, but in almost 5000 attacks that has never happened to me. Lots of players abstain from PvP because of the casulties.

tcapi
08-31-2012, 06:27 PM
+1 FM and VL

So put up a relatively inexpensive meat shield for your attack army using Imp, Cat and Manticore.

Tiki
08-31-2012, 07:05 PM

I have more than 30 (big surprise right?). I can attack a player 20 times before they are too weak. I can then attack this person again in 4 hours and do another 20. I believe it is a cumulative total per opponent. So if I attack 10 times you will be able to only attack 10 times, then no one will be able to attack for 4 hrs.

Valid or
09-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Hmm I know I read this in the beginners guide "Honor: Honor is only used to purchase superior units when unlocked. If you are camping you can't use Honor to buy units."

Could they have added something not mentioned in the guide to prevent/stop people from camping for gold or honor?

Ghost818
09-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Hmm I know I read this in the beginners guide "Honor: Honor is only used to purchase superior units when unlocked. If you are camping you can't use Honor to buy units."

Could they have added something not mentioned in the guide to prevent/stop people from camping for gold or honor?
No, at the moment there is nothing to prevent people from camping. To some it's a valid playing method and some don't like it. It's all personal preference

Tiki
09-02-2012, 02:34 PM
No, at the moment there is nothing to prevent people from camping. To some it's a valid playing method and some don't like it. It's all personal preference

Oh my gosh - Ghost how have you been? Are you back? I have missed your knowledge and insight :(