PDA

View Full Version : Low level Dragon Breeders.

Elderly
10-17-2012, 09:20 AM
For all the dragon breeders that are around level 50, how slowly did you level up? When did you decide that you had enough of an economy to jump to level 50? Did you sit at level 41 with your manor and level it up to 2 or 3 while you built up your defence?

What was the exact strategy to being a low level Dragon Breeder?

DragCro
10-17-2012, 09:53 AM
You have to be in level 50 to breed the dragons :).So you can camp on level 49 till you upgrade manors to level 3/4 at least,but then you cant play epic boss events so you have to Choose if you will camp or play the game normaly & have some fun..I think to much of camping isnt good

Elderly
10-17-2012, 10:39 AM
You have to be in level 50 to breed the dragons :).So you can camp on level 49 till you upgrade manors to level 3/4 at least,but then you cant play epic boss events so you have to Choose if you will camp or play the game normaly & have some fun..I think to much of camping isnt good

I understand that, I'm just saying camp at lower levels or camp at what level?

I was also curious as to the strategy that the players with dragons at that level used.

Dhusagar
10-17-2012, 11:33 AM
I am probably different to most, but I bought gem buildings early; got the gold mine and wine makers to level 6 at least; and bought and upgraded all buildings as and when. By the time I reached level 50, my daily take was estimated 200k, so I didn't need to rob anyone - I usually had enough saved after each upgrade to do the next.

I got my BD10 at approx level 55 because I also did boss events. Others have different strategies, but I think you need a good economy to do it and do it fast.

Dexter Morgan
10-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I camped in the 30s - 40s and built up my income, bought all the gem buildings and leveled them to 4-6, and as soon as I hit 50 I started bd and got to bd10 at 51. There aren't many targets at this level with good income so I wouldn't really count on raiding to get there. Just build up your income and ally with all strong players close to you

Elderly
10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Thanks Dexter and Dhusagar. Interesting strategies for both of you. What was the main way you levelled up, attacking people? Finishing quests? Raiding?

GetItOn
10-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks Dexter and Dhusagar. Interesting strategies for both of you. What was the main way you levelled up, attacking people? Finishing quests? Raiding?

Quickest way is to attack the monsters on the highest map available to you.

Elderly
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
I understand the quickest, was just curious as to the methods they were using.

emcee
10-17-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm level 36 no gem buildings and no Tapjoy as well, can't bother with it.

Over 14k/hr. Should have manor at level 10 prior to hitting BD. It only depends on the frequency of boss events.

Just don't do any pve or pvp unless to activate boss events. Build economy the rest of the time other than select unit, boost and defense building upgrades; if any.

There's no reason to rush to level 50 for BD and go through the painful process of getting them to level 10 and then having a difficult time to breed dragons not to mention overcoming attrition because your income is relatively low.

I'm guessing an income/hr over 20k/hr should be not just sufficient but enable adequate breeding frequency and overcoming unit losses.

Dr. Dengus
10-17-2012, 08:01 PM
I'm level 36 no gem buildings and no Tapjoy as well, can't bother with it.

Over 14k/hr. Should have manor at level 10 prior to hitting BD. It only depends on the frequency of boss events.

Just don't do any pve or pvp unless to activate boss events. Build economy the rest of the time other than select unit, boost and defense building upgrades; if any.

There's no reason to rush to level 50 for BD and go through the painful process of getting them to level 10 and then having a difficult time to breed dragons not to mention overcoming attrition because your income is relatively low.

I'm guessing an income/hr over 20k/hr should be not just sufficient but enable adequate breeding frequency and overcoming unit losses.

I commend your patience ... Manors to 10 before BD 10 is a bit excessive imo. For the cost of a lvl 9 Manor upgrade, you can afford 1038 Dragons (assuming a lvl 10 lumber mill).

Dexter Morgan
10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
I leveled up solely by attacking. I still have killed very few monsters.

emcee
10-17-2012, 08:05 PM
I commend your patience ... Manors to 10 before BD 10 is a bit excessive imo. For the cost of a lvl 9 Manor upgrade, you can afford 1038 Dragons.

If there are no boss events that's a given but chances are it will not happen. I failed to mention not just having a full compliment of dragons but also the best cash equips for my army which is extremely expensive.

Elderly
10-17-2012, 08:55 PM
If there are no boss events that's a given but chances are it will not happen. I failed to mention not just having a full compliment of dragons but also the best cash equips for my army which is extremely expensive.

That is an insane amount of patience. How long have you been playing? And I'm assuming you've just been doing boss events to level up? What did you do to trigger the boss? Attack the lowest possible thing that would give you experience?

emcee
10-17-2012, 09:16 PM
That is an insane amount of patience. How long have you been playing? And I'm assuming you've just been doing boss events to level up? What did you do to trigger the boss? Attack the lowest possible thing that would give you experience?

I've been playing slightly before US roll out as Canada was introduced about a week in advance from what I recall.
I still participate in regular events as well and to date have close to 50 better than dragon units.
Low level orc camp works fine for me to trigger boss events and when farming for boxes, etc during regular events.
I normally just cycle among the 3 small orc huts for regular events which seems to drop items regularly. Really anything with 1 experience gain is fine. I don't hit monsters with higher experience payout unless due to a misclick.
Also, PVP just to trigger 1st boss event if PVE is not working. However, this does not happen too often. I just wait a while to attempt another 1st boss trigger if it does not work.
I don't farm for items whatsoever as I plan to purchase the best cash weapons. This is all to minimize level gain and make boss killings easier.
Moving forward I probably won't even participate in regular events just boss and maybe get lucky with a few scratchers will saving up for large income building upgrades.

echus14
10-17-2012, 09:28 PM

Wow! emcee, can you share how you managed to get your manor(s) up to level 10? I assume you're not just buying mountains of gold since you have no gem buildings.

emcee
10-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Wow! emcee, can you share how you managed to get your manor(s) up to level 10? I assume you're not just buying mountains of gold since you have no gem buildings.

I don't have manors yet. Only at level 36. There's a level 38 building that I will level up prior to manors at 41. But working on brothels in the meantime. 2nd at level 5 in 2 days and a long stretch to level 10 thereafter. Most likely will hit level 38 prior and shift emphasis to that one instead.
Lumber mill at level 10, wizard spire at 10 so the only other non income building I may level up is my lvl 9 temple.

I'm a free player and don't do Tapjoy. If I were going to spend money it will be in crime city first.

Dr. Dengus
10-17-2012, 10:21 PM
I don't have manors yet. Only at level 36. There's a level 38 building that I will level up prior to manors at 41. But working on brothels in the meantime. 2nd at level 5 in 2 days and a long stretch to level 10 thereafter. Most likely will hit level 38 prior and shift emphasis to that one instead.
Lumber mill at level 10, wizard spire at 10 so the only other non income building I may level up is my lvl 9 temple.

I'm a free player and don't do Tapjoy. If I were going to spend money it will be in crime city first.

What's the lvl 38 building again, Lenders? You must have been a Shaolin Monk in a previous life. Delaying the process of unlocking the best 24hr building in the game to reach level 10 brothels requires immeasurable patience.

GetItOn
10-17-2012, 10:56 PM
What's the lvl 38 building again, Lenders? You must have been a Shaolin Monk in a previous life. Delaying the process of unlocking the best 24hr building in the game to reach level 10 brothels requires immeasurable patience.

LoL. I guess that guys in it for the 3yr 6 odd months it takes to level everything to 10 plan. Is the game even fun just clicking a few buildings each day?? :/

emcee
10-17-2012, 11:05 PM

Just checked Hello Kitty's building thread and its the lender at lvl 38. I'll definitely level up that more than brothels as its a better income/hr building.
The way I see things is that there is no rush to unlock any income buildings as anyone who is in a rush will generally not have developed their income or defense/attack stats. Of course there are always exceptions, especially if you are a gem player. However, for free players there are limited options, imo.
I basically put income building on hold around 13k/hour to focus on strengthening defenses with 500 plus high priest plus other equips. It took awhile to unlock HPs and I went all the way to unlock lich as well. However, I can defeat boss 15 with ease so have not purchased one yet. Perhaps if they create a boss end reward with a modifier then I may splurge on the 500 plus lich army. And maybe I may skip lich and just go with my current army build and better than dragon units and actually spend the money on dragons thereafter thus emphasizing income growth as much as possible.
I also have the option to forgo lich and purchase astral bows, for instance as these will not be as readily replaced once dragons are unlocked. There are lots of options, so unless they make boss events more tempting I should be funneling all income back into income generation in the foreseeable future.
This is more or less the same way I play CC and MW.

I have too many vices to be a Shaolin Monk :p
However, when it comes to patience its a virtue I have :)

emcee
10-17-2012, 11:14 PM
LoL. I guess that guys in it for the 3yr 6 odd months it takes to level everything to 10 plan. Is the game even fun just clicking a few buildings each day?? :/

Fun is a relative term. You may want to read my CC tortoise thread for my perspective on fun. Actually when it come to camping it works best for my lifestyle. I can devote as much or as little time to the game. Having a strong enough defense does repel 99% of all attacks/invasion. I don't need to think about 'wasting' my full energy or stamina bar. There is no opportunity cost for me there. I would argue I spend less time playing this game then someone cycling through their rivals list and going full PVP or even PVE every few hours or so.

For me its fun being a strong free player and the so called delayed gratification will be more intense relative to most playing things on speed dial once I have my dragon army unleashed. I think it should probably take less than 2 years; 3 years would be a stretch :p

GetItOn
10-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Fun is a relative term. You may want to read my CC tortoise thread for my perspective on fun. Actually when it come to camping it works best for my lifestyle. I can devote as much or as little time to the game. Having a strong enough defense does repel 99% of all attacks/invasion. I don't need to think about 'wasting' my full energy or stamina bar. There is no opportunity cost for me there. I would argue I spend less time playing this game then someone cycling through their rivals list and going full PVP or even PVE every few hours or so.

For me its fun being a strong free player and the so called delayed gratification will be more intense relative to most playing things on speed dial once I have my dragon army unleashed. I think it should probably take less than 2 years; 3 years would be a stretch :p

More power to ya. There's certainly accommodation for campers and players in KA.

There is a thread tho where someone tallied up the time to upgrade every building (no gem) to lvl 10 and it takes around 3 1/2 years. Crazy.

emcee
10-17-2012, 11:31 PM
More power to ya. There's certainly accommodation for campers and players in KA.

There is a thread tho where someone tallied up the time to upgrade every building (no gem) to lvl 10 and it takes around 3 1/2 years. Crazy.

I'm not planning on leveling every building to 10. Just the best ones. My merchant caravans are at 10, brothels are the next best available buildings for me so these are next.

In crime city I have already sold 40 or so income buildings as my night clubs are at level 6. KA is different as you can only build 5 defense buildings so I don't anticipate selling any buildings but just won't blindly take a marginal building up to 10 for vanity reasons when its just a drop in the income bucket. That's why I made it an effort to get my merchant caravans to level 10 because they are just that good. Albeit much easier picking any other building but even if I log in a few times a day its 6000 gold every time.
Upgrade times are finite so its wise to use this resource as efficiently as possible. With that said, if I am still playing this game in 3 years time then most buildings will be at lvl 10 as there is no sense in not upgrading all the time.

War player
10-18-2012, 05:27 AM
How do you guys get enough cash for a level 10 Breeding Den? I have no idea how much it costs, but a level 9 is over a million.

Are you that strong that nobody attacks you and wins? Do you use gems to supplement your cash?

Dexter Morgan
10-18-2012, 05:38 AM
Lvl 10 is 1.7 mil. If your income is good you can just save and hope no one attacks you. There is always a stronger player out there. Or you can try to raid like crazy but at the 50s I have found very few that are worth raiding

Eragon
10-18-2012, 05:42 AM
How do you guys get enough cash for a level 10 Breeding Den? I have no idea how much it costs, but a level 9 is over a million.

Are you that strong that nobody attacks you and wins? Do you use gems to supplement your cash?

Level 10 BD costs 1.9 million (minus your lumber mill discount)...you PvP and PvE like mad, sync your money buildings and get it down very quickly...that's what I did anyway...no gold purchase needed.

Eragon
10-18-2012, 05:43 AM
Lvl 10 is 1.7 mil. If your income is good you can just save and hope no one attacks you. There is always a stronger player out there. Or you can try to raid like crazy but at the 50s I have found very few that are worth raiding

This is why I made my BD run in the 60s

emcee
10-18-2012, 05:50 AM

Well for me its funneling all income back into income building upgrades. Also, I try not to waste gold on army equipment for now other than some cheaper defense stat wise. On my higher level account I did pull the trigger a little too early and bought 53 astral bows and 60 blizzard staffs. I should have delayed these purchases until my economy was more developed as my 500 odd high priests are more than enough to fend off all attacks to date.

I don't need to pve or pvp to earn income as my income comes from buildings. Obviously when you don't pvp you have less of a chance for retaliations, etc.

My lower level account has over 6.7 mil unbanked because I have not yet splurged much on items other than full army of necromancers and priests.

Zero gem player. Its a matter of bracketing/low alliance count. Its only in the last month or so that I've maxed alliance for boss events. I've only maxed alliance once I had the prerequisite magic academy and wizard's spire sufficiently upgraded to unlock priests and high priests, respectively. They have the best defense scores available at present.

Elderly
10-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Well for me its funneling all income back into income building upgrades. Also, I try not to waste gold on army equipment for now other than some cheaper defense stat wise. On my higher level account I did pull the trigger a little too early and bought 53 astral bows and 60 blizzard staffs. I should have delayed these purchases until my economy was more developed as my 500 odd high priests are more than enough to fend off all attacks to date.

I don't need to pve or pvp to earn income as my income comes from buildings. Obviously when you don't pvp you have less of a chance for retaliations, etc.

My lower level account has over 6.7 mil unbanked because I have not yet splurged much on items other than full army of necromancers and priests.

Zero gem player. Its a matter of bracketing/low alliance count. Its only in the last month or so that I've maxed alliance for boss events. I've only maxed alliance once I had the prerequisite magic academy and wizard's spire sufficiently upgraded to unlock priests and high priests, respectively. They have the best defense scores available at present.

Insane strategy Emcee. I guess you have the right idea for camping in KA if you really want to camp. I guess I will attempt to follow this insane camping strategy except maybe level up a once I hit a solid IPH of over 10k -13k and maybe sit at level 41 with manors for a bit and get them to level 3 or 4 before attempting BD level 10. Then it will be a matter of camping there for beast kennel level 10 and temple level 10 to max out the efficiency of my dragon army as well as maybe buying some other best armour/weapons available at that level. From there it's a decision of leveling up and playing the game or being a camper and attempting to defeat bosses at the lowest possible level and staying as strong as possible at a low level.

echus14
10-18-2012, 06:35 AM
@emcee
Good luck, mate. I thought I was camping a lot, but if you're aiming to camp to raise level 10 manors at 25 million each before lumber mill discount, then you have the patience of Job. Hats off to you when you get there! Definitely will be an inspiration to all hardcore campers.

albeezy
10-18-2012, 07:49 AM
I am almost to 50, currently level 46. As I posted in another thread, I estimate I have at least 3 more boss events before reaching level 50, possibly 4 before reaching level 51. I currently have 2 level 3 manors a level 5 lender and a level 6 lender. I plan on taking my lenders up a few levels, hopefully to at least 7 before hitting 50 and possibly taking my two manors to level 4-5. Still havent maxed out on HPs yet and I have an attack/defense of 33k. Right now I am saving up and for every 200k I save I spend 100k buying heavy battleaxes or HPs. I will do this until I hit 50 and start my BD run. My IPH is sitting at 12k. Really stinks to upgrade a manor to level 3 and see you IPH go up < 500/hour. LOL Too used to MW where it jumps by the thousands

TemplarX
10-18-2012, 10:01 AM
To answer Elderly's original question, I started upgrade of BD7 to 8 at level 53 and finished BD10 at level 56. My IPH was about $8k when I did BD9 to 10 run. I am a completely free player...I don't camp, but my work schedule means I don't have much time to play, so I level up slowly. Most of my leveling up is due to events.

I knew at level 30s that the BD10 was the ultimate goal, so I Set my sight early on and planned for it. I build up a strong army with decent weapons that would not become obsolete around level 50s. I invests in high output economic buildings like level 2 manors, lenders, and got my silos to level 9, taverns to 8, leather works to 6, pottery to 5. I kept a rather low profile with only 120 allies and raid/attack only profitable targets.

To breed dragons, you need more deliberate allocation of resources as each dragon cost $13k. I have been adding about 15 each day. With an IPH of only $9k, the only weapons I am buying are the Bandit Leather (2/8) and Staff of Thunder (3/4)...this combo cost only $$1540 but adds more points per gold than the dragon. I am doing more pvp now as players at lvl 50s are becoming more lucrative, and I have no fear of retaliation now. I am focusing on upgrading the pair of merchant caravans as these have the best ROI and provide me with $2000++ every hour.

RyOmA
10-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I am stalking a player right now with a level 10 manor. All his other buildings are low level but for some reason he has a level 10 manor and a level 1 manor. I can only guess that he paid real money for gold to upgrade that one building because upgrading a manor to level 10 for a free player is damn near impossible. I am very glad he attacked me a few days ago because my eyes lit up when I saw his manor and I can easily raid him every two days. An extra $270K every two days is not too shabby. Helped me upgrade my BD to Level 8 easily. Now I am stocking up on Hydras. Had about 500 Basilisks before that. I have about 100 Hydras now. Planning on upgrading my Lenders to level 5-6 and Manor to level 3.

I am very impressed by the IPH many of you have at level 50. I am currently at level 87 and I am only at a little over $8K IPH. I played like an idiot for the first 50-60 levels and went PVP and PVE very hard thinking that was the best way to get gold. Didn't even consider camping. Now I am semi-camping and only doing PVP and PVE when there are events. I would like to save up for a level 10 BD but my def of 32K seems a bit weak.

John Snow
10-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Low level orc camp works fine for me to trigger boss events and when farming for boxes, etc during regular events.
I normally just cycle among the 3 small orc huts for regular events which seems to drop items regularly. Really anything with 1 experience gain is fine.

I wish I had read this months ago. For one event awhile ago I tried to go back to the Crossroads map to see if the low level monsters there would drop boxes. I just didn't stay with it long enough. I tried it this AM and after 7 goblins I got a drop. That cost only 7 XPs!!! On higher level maps, it can easily take a couple hundred XPs before getting a drop. I've probably gained at least three levels unnecessarily chasing box drops on higher level maps. Never again.

whiterider
10-19-2012, 06:05 PM
The strategy is rather simple, raise your Attack with flame cannons and Defence with High Priests
Raise your iph with manors - lenders - leatherworkers - taverns - silos - stables (in this order you will gain most profit for shortest time.

I have my IPh raised to 10860 for the moment with manors 3/4 lvl, lenders 4/6, leatherworkers 8/7 etc. I will camp for a month at lvl 50 upgrading my silos from 5/5 to 10/10 because I want to purchase enough heavy axes/taumaturge robes. Silos are very cheap to upgrade and the rest of the money I am using to buy equipment which will raise my att/def with 33/37 per unit. Then I will proceed with BD.

I dont have any problems with overvaulting 1 or 2 millions, i can spend them in 4-5 days.

I am not and I will not use the hydras strategy because it is a waste of money and prior them your army is too weak. Hydras cost 7000 gp cannons plus priests =6400

Elderly
10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
Well fantastic strategies from everyone. I feel like I'm going to focus more on my LLP and camp for a bit on it and try and camp a bit on my level 95 try and raise some economy. I feel more like having a great LLP for fun to try and max everything at level 50 if possible and then just focus on economy and boss events for kicks.

Mervic
10-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Great tips and strategies here. Great job guys!