PDA

View Full Version : Collecting Offline

Paul_Texas
11-09-2012, 10:55 AM
I play on an IPad and sadly don't have wifi access during the day at work. However, as long as the game remains open, I was able to collect my gold.

During the last couple of days, it seems that when I do get back online, the game reverts to the last time I was connected - causing me to lose all of the gold collected since. Did something change?

BadNews
11-09-2012, 11:03 AM
I noticed this last Sunday. I was collecting some boxes by killing mobs offline. I found my box number always be reset.

Paul_Texas
11-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Is this related to the Daylight Savings Time issue?

jonny0284
11-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I think it's appropriate that your gold was lost. That style of camping is not legit. What if you just sat offline and reaped hundreds of thousands/millions off yourself with no threat to lose any in raids? Meh.

Reznor
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
I think it's appropriate that your gold was lost. That style of camping is not legit. What if you just sat offline and reaped hundreds of thousands/millions off yourself with no threat to lose any in raids? Meh.
I agree. Grubby play style.
Although I still find that even when I collect from my money buildings, if I shut the game down and re-open, all of my buildings need to be collected (again). This can be fixed by attacking someone in PvE or PvP after you have collected, but it's still an inconvenience. I guess I should specify that I always play online, seeing that some people don't...

Dad
11-10-2012, 02:10 PM
"During the last couple of days, it seems that when I do get back online, the game reverts to the last time I was connected - causing me to lose all of the gold collected since. Did something change?"

Try vaulting your gold as soon as you re-connect to your Wi-Fi.
If you got raided or attacked (lost) while off-line, your gold count will go down. Check your News report, news icon may not show up.

I view collecting off-line the same as playing Boss events on overtime.

jonny0284
11-10-2012, 02:11 PM
I view collecting off-line the same as playing Boss events on overtime.

Are you a Gem player yourself?

Dad
11-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Are you a Gem player yourself?

I consider myself a Free player. Purchased 10 bucks worth of gems at the beginning before I knew how to play KA.

jonny0284
11-10-2012, 07:53 PM
I only ask because playing Boss events or any Box events in OT is valid; as the player themselves are paying for that option. Most of the time, those players are also competing for spots that isn't even guaranteed. A Gem option open is not a 100% event key (vial, arrow, feather, etc.) and so their risk is a reward that funds all players that play this game to stay updated and have future events.

Paul_Texas
11-12-2012, 11:01 AM
jonny - it is not camping. I can still be raided while offline. I am simply collecting gold while I don't have wifi.

Dad - it is not related to raiding. I have been raided before and that is not the issue. This is erasing the gold that I collected and resetting the timing clocks to what they were the last time I was online.

Anyone else have a suggestion as to what may have changed?

Dad
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
A new version was pushed down to me today. Version 1.5.1, Content version ka_20121113_1, Build 130.0
I am now experiencing the same as you.