PDA

View Full Version : GREE, players want to know why you raised the Boss stats by 50%?

Proprioc3ption
11-11-2012, 04:05 AM
CCM, can you give us the REAL reason why GREE boosted the stats of the Boss, without beating around the bush? Be honest, I'm sure everyone would like to know.

We all have our theories/ideas as to why, but we want to hear it from you.

The1nONLY
11-11-2012, 04:47 AM
CCM, can you give us the REAL reason why GREE boosted the stats of the Boss, without beating around the bush? Be honest, I'm sure everyone would like to know.

We all have our theories/ideas as to why, but we want to hear it from you.Your not gonna get a answer. Hows bout everyone on this forum boycott the next boss event and see what happens from there?

Proprioc3ption
11-11-2012, 05:12 AM
Your not gonna get a answer. Hows bout everyone on this forum boycott the next boss event and see what happens from there?

I know, just putting it out there to see what response I get. No response will mean we're all right on our theories why.

Totally agree, everyone should get on-board if they want to make a difference. Otherwise GREE will just continue to screw us each and every time. If no one pays, they'll soon get the picture. I think it's time to bring up the boycott thread to KA.

The Leaderboard over in MW this week was so low surely it got the attention of GREE with the big spenders pulling out. I'm beginning to think that GREE doesn't even know how to fix the problems they've created.

Winstrol
11-11-2012, 05:18 AM
The problem is that they have boosted people stats and boss stats as well , to balance boss event , but my attack stats haven't even increased by 1k , only defense which is useless for boss events , stupid GREE logic :P

Zdragon
11-11-2012, 05:23 AM
My stats hasn't increased at all still the same but the boss seems to be a lot harder to beat so unfair

BigD@wg
11-11-2012, 06:29 AM
Likely you will get this thread closed without an answer. The mods dont like threads created that target them for a response. Which is one of the main problems with Gree. No clear communication with their customers.

The answer to your question is simple though. They continue to make these changes to squeeze more and more cash out you. Join the boycott and spread the word. Real changes will only arise when players stop spending. This will either result in two possible solutions. Fixing the issues or shutting the greedy games down.

Euchred
11-11-2012, 06:59 AM
Your not gonna get a answer. Hows bout everyone on this forum boycott the next boss event and see what happens from there?

I boycotted this one, I'm just too disappointed to kill bosses.

TemplarX
11-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Simple answer: units and boss gets upgraded by 50%...the real effect is to devalue weapons. Net the boss becomes more difficult to beat by anywhere more than 10%, higher if you had spent money on weapons.

Before the boost, my attack was 45k. With 199 allies, I use 597 weapons and 597 armor. If my average weapon and armor had a 5 point attack, weapons-armor would account for 5970 attack points. With boosted stats, these 5970 points have been devalued by 50%, so pre-boosted by stats would be 42k...a devaluation of about 7%.

I didnt invest in weapons before the boost, so my devaluation is low. But for those without dragons or other high level units, the devaluation could be significant. Maybe they hope more people would use gems to make up for the loss.

Chups
11-11-2012, 07:06 AM
I have no problem with it as long as everyone's boss got their stats raised. If the rewards was harder to get for me...I'm sure it became harder for everyone too. Still, I like the Boss event better than the useless "high auction" Box event. The Box event I've already boycotted.

The_Red
11-11-2012, 07:08 AM
... welcome to clearing boss number 8 and being done. ;)

The1nONLY
11-11-2012, 07:38 AM
I see this thread getting nowhere with each person having different opinions on things.

asdfg12345
11-11-2012, 09:09 AM
they werent really making much off boss events cause all the low level players can get to the 20 kill count without gems.

Perfuzzie
11-11-2012, 06:53 PM
that was the beauty of it to get the level 20 unit without using gems.. and go for level 30 and use some gems .. but now since the boosted stats u cant even make it to 20 ... the 50% boost to the boss is really significant and the unit is not really worth it .. the level 30 u cant make it without a few hundred gems ...and that is 2 much

bgood
11-12-2012, 07:19 AM
they werent really making much off boss events cause all the low level players can get to the 20 kill count without gems.

Thats just it but people also dont realize is that for free you getting a shot at a gem units (rare) that are between 150-300 gems in value. Thats the handout to the free player if you want the 20 & 30 you should have to spend a bunch of gems. Especially with all those low level campers at 50 with dragon armies it was becoming too easy to get to 20. I see nothing wrong with this. If you really want to get to thirty use the tapjoy or the free video gems (whatever is available to you) buy some flowers for someone, get gems and use that to get to 30 or just buy the gems outright.

Lycene
11-12-2012, 06:14 PM
If you really want to get to thirty use the tapjoy or the free video gems (whatever is available to you) buy some flowers for someone, get gems and use that to get to 30 or just buy the gems outright.
What about those of us who don't have ANY available option to earn free gems? Sure we can buy gems, but to me that just doesn't seem fair that some people can do it completely free and others can't.

albeezy
11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
To be honest I didn't see that big of an increase in boss strength. What I did experience was that it wasn't easier just because I now had boosted stats.

Last boss event I got to 25 without gems. Same this time. Spent about 90-100 gems this time. Same as last time. Maybe it's just me

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
11-12-2012, 06:33 PM
My boss didn't have his health jump up. Must be because I'm special. I killed boss 26 last time without gems, and now boss 26 without gems again (I leveled up once between boss events with little to no advancement in my attack in between). IMHO are you sure you guys aren't looking at a couple of other factors:
1 - boost buildings make your attack even higher looking, though the same effectiveness. 50k attack with 10% boost from attack boost buildings looks a lot smaller than 75k attack with 10% from the same boost buildings. And boost buildings have no affect on the boss. So if you have a lot of beasts with a high beast boost, your attack is going to look even bigger than before, while still effectively the same on the boss. Same with the other units
2 - attack from weapons and armor has never had a factor with boss events. so don't assume this now affects the boss events when those attack scores haven't been overall boosted
3 - life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get....um, never mind that one

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
11-12-2012, 06:35 PM
To be honest I didn't see that big of an increase in boss strength. What I did experience was that it wasn't easier just because I now had boosted stats.

Last boss event I got to 25 without gems. Same this time. Spent about 90-100 gems this time. Same as last time. Maybe it's just me

Just saw this. I posted - same thing with me

emcee
11-12-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't track my boss events but it is definitely more of a challenge to reach boss 20 with free hits. Managed to get to around boss 15 and now need cash hits. 3 more to boss 20 so chances are may need to invest in more Lich to increase attack profile. Was considering to try for boss 30 this time around as in the previous events just stopped at 20 but with this change, not a chance.

Ratma2001
11-13-2012, 01:25 AM
I see this thread getting nowhere with each person having different opinions on things.

Agree wholeheartedly , everyone has different stats i stopped at 10 Bosses and not going any further with it.
Cant be bothered and cost has gone up for me as i levelled up to 96 but still have a long way to go.
Each to their own but as a collective a force to be reckoned with.
Gree need to lower price of GEMS or have an event that offers free GEMS for everyone so its WIN WIN
they should heed the peoples words and take note, we make them we break them !!!

ezinap
11-13-2012, 03:06 AM
Well, my units went up 50%, so the Boss went up 50%.What’s the big deal?

The big problem still is that the game gears towards ‘doing nothing’ as best strategy.
I can do that strategy! In the meantime I will play another game, a non-Gree game that is.

Johnny Boy
11-13-2012, 04:01 AM
Well, my units went up 50%, so the Boss went up 50%.What’s the big deal?

The big problem still is that the game gears towards ‘doing nothing’ as best strategy.
I can do that strategy! In the meantime I will play another game, a non-Gree game that is.

Did you equipment went up 50%...?

jonny0284
11-13-2012, 04:18 AM
Did you equipment went up 50%...?

No armor or weapons stats were boosted. Thus you didn't get a true 50% raise in stats like the bosses received.

Winstrol
11-13-2012, 05:06 AM
No armor or weapons stats were boosted. Thus you didn't get a true 50% raise in stats like the bosses received.
Who told you that boss health was increased by 50% ? and no wonder that the boss is hard from you if you have 38k attack and defense

DragCro
11-13-2012, 05:43 AM
Thats just it but people also dont realize is that for free you getting a shot at a gem units (rare) that are between 150-300 gems in value. Thats the handout to the free player if you want the 20 & 30 you should have to spend a bunch of gems. Especially with all those low level campers at 50 with dragon armies it was becoming too easy to get to 20. I see nothing wrong with this. If you really want to get to thirty use the tapjoy or the free video gems (whatever is available to you) buy some flowers for someone, get gems and use that to get to 30 or just buy the gems outright.For lots of players that i know they dont have any offer to earn gems,no videos,no tapjoy..So they dont have free gems..So that is not the reason to increased boss health.Gree increased boss health because of the boosted stats.I hope that all players will be in same position to earn gems for free!

jonny0284
11-13-2012, 07:21 AM
Who told you that boss health was increased by 50% ?

Not sure. :-x I'm rolling with assumption.

and no wonder that the boss is hard for you if you have 38k attack and defense

;-) I play until like level 3-5. This time I got 4 (!) LOL. So, you're correct. Hard is an understatement.

Ssne
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM
I would say the boss health likely increased by 50% or somewhere very close. From last time to this time on my L62 account, I did 20 bosses and this time could only get 19 (had to use 10 gems to finish 20). Sounds about right given there was no boost on the weapons/armor.

mitchitized
11-13-2012, 08:09 AM
I can get to boss 6 and that's about it, between crossing the dreaded level 100 threshold and not having dragons yet, I just don't have the horsepower to go further without gems (which I'm not doing this far from boss 30!).

Personally to me it seems a LOT harder this time around with the boosted stats. Even spending gold I could easily get to boss 10 on the previous event.

asdfg12345
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
geez, people are spoiled. I am pretty sure the reason gree increased the unit stats is because of the ever increasing stats of new equipments. If they didn't change it, weapons will at one point be higher in stats than dragons and that would severely unbalance the game since weapons are both free and indestructible.

Ssne
11-13-2012, 09:04 AM
geez, people are spoiled. I am pretty sure the reason gree increased the unit stats is because of the ever increasing stats of new equipments. If they didn't change it, weapons will at one point be higher in stats than dragons and that would severely unbalance the game since weapons are both free and indestructible.

How are you getting weapons that have higher stats than dragons? Best weapon I've seen at L62 is 30/20. And they are not "free", you pay for them with significantly faster level ups. And an indestructible battleaxe with 21/14 stats costs you nearly 3x a dragon.

asdfg12345
11-13-2012, 04:56 PM
How are you getting weapons that have higher stats than dragons? Best weapon I've seen at L62 is 30/20. And they are not "free", you pay for them with significantly faster level ups. And an indestructible battleaxe with 21/14 stats costs you nearly 3x a dragon.
first of all the best weapon currently is 43/34 and each time gree release new maps they have to add stronger weapons and armor or people complain. At the current rate, weapons will have 60+ stats in another 4-5 months.

Warfiend
11-13-2012, 08:48 PM
Like others, I only had a touch more difficulty with the boss. I had to add 10 allies and the units and armor to go with them to get to slightly below where I projected to be from the last event... I thought I was on track to beat 27 with no gems, and I only got to 26, which was still better than the last one.

That being said, I suspect the stat boost was to give the gem players a bigger advantage in the game in the hopes of getting people to spend more. To use a simplified example of what I'm getting at... Say a gem player has average unit stat of 100/100 and say a free player has 50/50. In this scenario, a free player could knock that up to 90/90 using weapons and armor and if the gem hadn't invested in those, combined with defense skill points, the free player could stand against them.

Now boost unit stats... The gem player gets boosted to 150/150 average, and the free player gets boosted to 75/75 average, 95/95 with weapons and armor. No more standing against them.

in practice it's not so black and white but generally speaking, big gem spenders have gained a bigger advantage over free players than what they had before the boosts.

Dr. Dengus
11-13-2012, 10:02 PM
2 - attack from weapons and armor has never had a factor with boss events. so don't assume this now affects the boss events when those attack scores haven't been overall boosted
3 - life is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get....um, never mind that one

I just tested this out on the current boss, weapons have an effect on your boss attack. I attacked, noted my cash dmg, bought 5 Fine Scimitars, attacked again, and noticed a 65 point increase in dmg. ... you never know what you're gunna get :D.

Guido69
11-14-2012, 08:05 AM
I just tested this out on the current boss, weapons have an effect on your boss attack. I attacked, noted my cash dmg, bought 5 Fine Scimitars, attacked again, and noticed a 65 point increase in dmg. ... you never know what you're gunna get :D.

of course they do... why wouldn't they? Armor and weapon add to your overall attack and the unboosted overall attack determines the damage to the boss

Dr. Dengus
11-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Was just responding to Link's claim that they didn't have an effect.

Proprioc3ption
11-14-2012, 01:22 PM

This is something I too have tested. I bought 25 scimitars and 25 blizzard staffs. I'm going for the boss 30 again now, without gems! Hopefully I can pull it off. I've found a little glitch...it has worked for me so far.

I've increased my hits to do 70+k damage. Really ripping it now. But spent all my cash i was going to use on BD upgrades! Damn it! But cant complain.