PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Dens - cost of upgrade too high

hellokitty
12-11-2012, 10:26 PM
It costs 600,000+ to upgrade your Breeding Den from level 7 to level 8. At the same time, the maximum that you can protect in your vault is 330,000.

Now with even high income per hours not exceeding 6,000 (generally), this would mean that a player's gold would be exposed to his attackers for weeks if he is to upgrade his Breeding Den to level 10.

Shouldn't this be fixed? I think upgrading unit stats in Kingdom Age wasn't a good idea and instead, income from buildings should have been boosted.

The1nONLY
12-11-2012, 11:04 PM
Thats why you either get your IPH up from start of game.

Put your skill points into stamia (atleast 20)

Then go raiding lots of players for income.

Everyone can get there buildings upgrade by leaving the gold overvault so why cant you?

Alt you can purchase real gold to fund your upgrade.

DIrishB
12-11-2012, 11:14 PM
It's done that way to increase the chances of people spending real money on gold. So if you don't mind dropping $100 for BD Lvl 9 and around $150 for BD Lvl 10, you're there. Otherwise, you have to depend on strategy and lots of luck.

Elderly
12-11-2012, 11:19 PM
So many other players have done it therefore it is not impossible. The game isn't meant to be super easy so it can be beaten in a few weeks. It take would take years to actually "finish" the game by upgrading everything to level 10 unless you purchased an unreal amount of gems and gold.

sparckle
12-12-2012, 12:44 AM
If BD10 was easy to get, everyone would have Dragons.

Gru
12-12-2012, 01:11 AM
I think an upgraded vault would be nice.

DragCro
12-12-2012, 02:38 AM
It costs 600,000+ to upgrade your Breeding Den from level 7 to level 8. At the same time, the maximum that you can protect in your vault is 330,000.

Now with even high income per hours not exceeding 6,000 (generally), this would mean that a player's gold would be exposed to his attackers for weeks if he is to upgrade his Breeding Den to level 10.

Shouldn't this be fixed? I think upgrading unit stats in Kingdom Age wasn't a good idea and instead, income from buildings should have been boosted.

Did you upgrade lumber mill to level 10? Upgrade that first than you can upgrade all buildings that cost to much of gold..

Coldjoey
12-12-2012, 03:04 AM
The challenge of getting my BD to level ten is the only reason I'm playing this game, upgrading defence stats to scare off attackers, befriending gem players. Having a high iph to make the runs shorter, and collecting as much as possible on time, if a would be attacker sees a lot of uncollected buildings s/he will look at your stats, and see unvaluted gold. So for me it risky but leave it as it is

jonny0284
12-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Weeks?!

I was over vault for not even 24 hours to make my Breeding Den 10 run. I raided 100's of buildings. It's not easy. It's not hard. You'll find a way.

I don't spend [real] money on gold. And, I never will. But, Gems yes.

bgood
12-12-2012, 06:59 AM
If everyone easily had dragons and level 8 manors the game wouldn't even be worth playing. The lower vault and BD10 cash requirement makes at least some level of strategy relevent.

aether100
12-12-2012, 07:23 AM
If everyone easily had dragons and level 8 manors the game wouldn't even be worth playing. The lower vault and BD10 cash requirement makes at least some level of strategy relevant. completely agree with bgood. if it was easy it would be boring . plus it creates different players with different strategies instead of just everyone leveling up as fast as possible

Peppers
12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
I couldn't disagree more. The planning and saving for BD10 made the game interesting! I met a bunch of great people while saving up for BD9 & 10, and even some of the people who hit me on the way up ended up being awesome too.

If it was easy to get BD10, then everyone would have dragons and the game would be much more boring.

albeezy
12-12-2012, 07:42 AM
I'll be starting my BD10 upgrade tonight without PVPing at all. I was able to go from BD1 to BD9 without stopping. It PAYS to start your BD10 at level 50!

jonny0284
12-12-2012, 07:56 AM
I couldn't disagree more. The planning and saving for BD10 made the game interesting! I met a bunch of great people while saving up for BD9 & 10, and even some of the people who hit me on the way up ended up being awesome too.

If it was easy to get BD10, then everyone would have dragons and the game would be much more boring.

This. Couldn't have said it better.

Metajetta
12-13-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm working NOW on my BD strategy (level 45). As someone else said, it's one of my main game objectives. Leveling things up is particularly challenging for me as I have a random real life factor. I figure by level 5 or 6 on the BD I will have not only organized that challenge in the game, but come up with some IRL coping strategies also.

Very likely I'll take the raiding marathon route also. Hide yer cattle. Well, a year from now anyway. I've known this for a while and have been making a careful study of attack do's and don'ts.

It's possible I may change my plan though. The fun is there there are so many possible ways to go. Including buying your way there. If the developers did not offer that option, there would be a bunch of people asking for it. So I don't really think that's an evil plot either. Not today, anyway. ;)

jonny0284
12-13-2012, 06:12 AM
Very likely I'll take the raiding marathon route also. Well, a year from now anyway.

If you spend the time to really look at your PvE list and keep a pen & paper near ya to jot down names, level and ally count (easier reference); you'll find a small list of players to hit up for raids now (and after you get your dragons). Second, are those players who are ALSO making their run. If they are $ high enough, low enough defense and you got a few Gems to replenish stamina fast; you can take em for $198k (20 hits) in a minute.

I had fun raiding my behind off for 2 days. 1 for BD9 and 1 for BD10. I didn't need weeks, month or a year. Strategy went from BD5 in October to BD8. Sat there for almost a month and half...then wrapped up BD9 & BD10 in less than 3 days. :)

bgood
12-13-2012, 06:28 AM
I maxed out my HP's until i got bd 8 then added hydra's putting myself in a spot were my stats were at a minimum in the top 10% of people who could attack while i beefed my IPH to about 85. Then made a straight run to 9 and 10. Got hit once for about 100k during the bd9 run which i made up easily the BD10 i got nailed for about 300k-400k although those were from 2 people.

Ssne
12-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Agree totally with what has been said in defence of the low vault and high BD upgrade amounts. Having just made the BD10 run myself, it is fun to try. The most awkward part is going to sleep sitting on 1.2M and hoping it's still there in the morning! But the strategy of doing it makes it fun. Also there develops at least a little bit of respect and etiquette. I had just finished my BD10 run and came across someone else doing it with about 1.3M...my attack of 70K and their defense of 55K. I simply passed on them and wished them good luck on their board.

Dhusagar
12-13-2012, 06:55 AM
I'll be starting my BD10 upgrade tonight without PVPing at all. I was able to go from BD1 to BD9 without stopping. It PAYS to start your BD10 at level 50!

Agreed.

I didn't have to rob a single person to get my BD10. Recommend everyone plans fro their BD before they get to level 50, then they have Little to worry about.

sborgnanera
12-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Leveling things up is particularly challenging for me as I have a random real life factor.

Hahahaha !!! ;) ;) ;)

albeezy
12-13-2012, 08:05 AM
C'mon HK! Hop on the BD10 train and take it all the way to dragon town!

jonny0284
12-13-2012, 09:33 AM
I had just finished my BD10 run and came across someone else doing it with about 1.3M...my attack of 70K and their defense of 55K. I simply passed on them and wished them good luck on their board.

Lol. We are entirely different people.

You do realize that at some point, they may not return the favor? Such is life. But, I have no sympathy in this game. Second, you do know how many dragons that would/could have funded?

They. Are. Expensive.

As I'm finding out.

Mickeytah
12-13-2012, 11:00 AM
My raiding strategy has changed since I started to play. It used to be that if I came across someone with worse stats than I and buildings I would like to raid but couldn't, I would just mumble and go look for someone else.

These days, I attack at least one thing so they get a notification they were attacked. Some people stupidly just go for revenge without checking my stats and they lose. Of course, this give me a a notification which is really just a door to constantly go back and check on their money buildings.

I'm a very evil person in video games.

travelingsalesman
12-13-2012, 11:37 AM
I do the same thing! When it works out, it pays dividends!

Mickeytah
12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
I do the same thing! When it works out, it pays dividends!

I found one person with almost 500 allies, but 13,000 stats. I whooped on him for a while and went from tournament quest 86 to 131.

bobfishcake
12-15-2012, 10:16 AM
I agree that the level 10 BD is a good challenge in the game. What I find frustrating though is now I'm in the low 130's within 24 hours of going over vault I'm attacked by players up to level 200. They don't just hit you once either, they hit you 20 times. My defense is very high for my level as well at 130k but that's nothing for players above level 150.

It just feels like I'm at a disadvantage because I can only attack players 4 levels lower but can be attacked by players 70 levels higher. If I could attack players at level 50 I wouldn't be complaining.

Winstrol
12-15-2012, 10:19 AM
I agree that the level 10 BD is a good challenge in the game. What I find frustrating though is now I'm in the low 130's within 24 hours of going over vault I'm attacked by players up to level 200. They don't just hit you once either, they hit you 20 times. My defense is very high for my level as well at 130k but that's nothing for players above level 150.

It just feels like I'm at a disadvantage because I can only attack players 4 levels lower but can be attacked by players 70 levels higher. If I could attack players at level 50 I wouldn't be complaining.

Lower your allies to 250~ and you should be fine , usually people with level 150 + have 498-9-500 allies , and we can only scan people till 285 allies , good luck

The1nONLY
12-15-2012, 04:21 PM
If you guys read the post carefully about ways of not losing units in events or hiding from high level players or so change your ally count! It takes you off the high level players radar

Zenobia
12-16-2012, 03:41 PM
I didn't have to rob a single person to get my BD10. Recommend everyone plans fro their BD before they get to level 50, then they have Little to worry about.

I am level 98 and doing just fine without dragons, or even hydra. I am at the moment upgrading to BD7, hoping to have accumulated the gold to go immediately to 8 when it's done tomorrow night. I've gotten along quite well in the game concentrating on machine power at all levels to this point. (And then adding high priests for defense as of about a month ago.) My stats are 103k/103k and with the full 490-person alliance, I only very rarely come across someone with stats higher than mine. So I'm finding it a very useful strategy so far to concentrate on machine power early, then I'll worry about getting dragons when I'm a higher level. :)

bgood
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Just be careful zen there are a lot of people who camped at level 50 with full dragon armies making their way to our ranks im level 94 and then it can be a nightmare as to get to that next level. Its why i completed bd10 just recently even though i wanted to build my iph higher

Zenobia
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Just be careful zen there are a lot of people who camped at level 50 with full dragon armies making their way to our ranks im level 94 and then it can be a nightmare as to get to that next level. Its why i completed bd10 just recently even though i wanted to build my iph higher

Whoa - thanks for the warning! I didn't know about that L50 camper thing. I thought I'd be a camper myself but all the limited time quests and epic bosses and boxes and all that has sort-of propelled me up the ranks. I go up a couple levels every one of them then camp in-between but they have been coming nearly non-stop lately. I just love getting those cool, indestructible units too much, and just the pleasure of competing quests and getting cool drops, to play this game like a pro, lol.

Dr. Dengus
12-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Where's the fun in a PvP/MMO game if no risk is involved?

bgood
12-16-2012, 06:13 PM
No Problem zen us New Yorkers gotta stick together:)

DIrishB
12-16-2012, 06:20 PM
I found one person with almost 500 allies, but 13,000 stats. I whooped on him for a while and went from tournament quest 86 to 131.

LOL, I did the same thing. Around lvl 60 I was attacked by a player with only 3,000 A and D. I was around 45k-50k at the time, so I repeatedly attacked them. They were on my news list for at least a month, and I went from TR 50 to TR 106 until they dropped off my list. Not a single unit lost in those 50+ TR quests.

I felt a bit guilty, but that went away after someone demolished their kingdom (rubble everywhere) and it became obvious they weren't a regular player. I think they gave up eventually and stopped playing altogether.

Someone actually posted on their News feed: "You have the worst stats at your level that I've ever seen in this game."

Poor guy.

Zenobia
12-17-2012, 08:07 PM

Yeah you are unfortunately very right. someone just 10 minutes ago took me for 100k which is basically a whole day's worth of saving up. Knocked me back to the vault limit which I hit last night. If he or someone else like him stalks me and hits me like that just once a day, I will never ever even get to BD8. Kinda sucks all the fun out of the game. :( :( :(

Dexter Morgan
12-17-2012, 08:28 PM
What level are you zenObia?

Zenobia
12-17-2012, 08:33 PM
What level are you zenObia?
Level 98 now. Didn't mean to get to such a high level - just enjoy all the quests and stuff and they cause me to keep going up in level.

uashsar
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Lower your allies to 250~ and you should be fine , usually people with level 150 + have 498-9-500 allies , and we can only scan people till 285 allies , good luck

Interesting. Do you know the "scanning rules/limits"?

Proprioc3ption
12-18-2012, 05:28 AM

LESSON: Think of a decent strategy before playing the game. Going all out, levelling up like a bat outa hell ain't gonna get you any brownie points. No one gets first prize for seeing how quickly they can level up. No matter what...well, unless you are a rich dude/dudette, if you play, camp, play, camp... You'll most likely always come out on top amongst your closest rivals every time. Easiest strategy in the book. Start a kingdom, play a little camp your arse off between levels 1-5. Upgrade all buildings but build A/D while doing so. Kick arse every time someone attacks you, but you won't increase in exp. once you reach max move to the next level. Repeat the same process. Then start playing some boss events etc. camp our arse off again and repeat the above process.

Dude, start again, follow instructions above and THEN...no and then! And THEN... NO AND THEN! And then my friend, you will be able to afford your BD upgrades cause no MOfo will touch you!

jonny0284
12-18-2012, 05:33 AM
Dude, start again, follow instructions above and THEN...no and then! And THEN... NO AND THEN! And then my friend, you will be able to afford your BD upgrades cause no MOfo will touch you!

LOL. I almost considered restarting a new game [before I got my BD10] but then I realized how much I'd lose. My Vallata, my Templar, my money, my time, my sanity...the list goes on. :P

But, yeah...I'm level 123 and I've seen players in my feed with 300-400 allies and they are in the 30k-40k Attack/Defense. Not only are they way behind. But, they are fodder.

Proprioc3ption
12-18-2012, 05:37 AM
LOL. I almost considered restarting a new game [before I got my BD10] but then I realized how much I'd lose. My Vallata, my Templar, my money, my time, my sanity...the list goes on. :P

But, yeah...I'm level 123 and I've seen players in my feed with 300-400 allies and they are in the 30k-40k Attack/Defense. Not only are they way behind. But, they are fodder.

Funny stuff to read some of the things people post around here. They would save themselves a lot of time, money...and a bloody headache if they read some of the posts for beginners and stuff like that before going all trigger happy levelling up and stuff! But then again, we wouldn't be having the fun we're having as the folders wouldn't be there! Hahaha!

jonny0284
12-18-2012, 05:46 AM
Funny stuff to read some of the things people post around here. They would save themselves a lot of time, money...and a bloody headache if they read some of the posts for beginners and stuff like that before going all trigger happy levelling up and stuff! But then again, we wouldn't be having the fun we're having as the folders wouldn't be there! Hahaha!

Absolutely.:cool:

I'm having a grand ol' time now that my stats just keep rising throughout each day, every day and these people are treading water. Raiding has become a joyous occasion. And, despite knowing there are a few people in my PvE that are 150k+ , I'm fairly certain they're not going to pick on me as I'll be there pretty soon and will face their own repercussions.

I wouldn't want to keep playing this game if I saw the stats I do....W:~2,000 L:~17,000 that is dreadful and I'd restart my game ASAP.

Winstrol
12-18-2012, 05:50 AM
LESSON: Think of a decent strategy before playing the game. Going all out, levelling up like a bat outa hell ain't gonna get you any brownie points. No one gets first prize for seeing how quickly they can level up. No matter what...well, unless you are a rich dude/dudette, if you play, camp, play, camp... You'll most likely always come out on top amongst your closest rivals every time. Easiest strategy in the book. Start a kingdom, play a little camp your arse off between levels 1-5. Upgrade all buildings but build A/D while doing so. Kick arse every time someone attacks you, but you won't increase in exp. once you reach max move to the next level. Repeat the same process. Then start playing some boss events etc. camp our arse off again and repeat the above process.

I leveled like bat from beginning of the game :P and I'm currently level 166 and I only bought gem builds to make more money and my stats are 256k 198k :P

Zenobia
12-18-2012, 07:14 AM

So, to piggyback on this advice given to another in this thread, I'm wondering this: At level 98, how many allies would you experts suggest I drop down to in order to fall off the radar of those who camped at 50ish and are now massacring their way up the ranks?

I can't attack and raid all day long during the week to build up cash very quickly (that silly little thing called work). I can bring in about 120k a day without leveling up. For BD8 (with lumbermill 10), that puts me above the vault limit for about 2.5 days. And last night, after getting to about 430k, bam, someone with over 900 dragons hits and I'm back down to 330k just like that. If that happens just once a day, I'll never get to 621k.

I only found my way to this forum recently and like to think that camping at level 50 until one has an army of dragons is not the only valid way to play this game. If I had done that, I wouldn't have had the fun I did with the boxes and quests and and all the other stuff that makes this game enjoyable to me. And I wouldn't have the cool units and stuff I love. I have not been racing my way through the ranks - when there's no event, I camp. I started playing like 9-10 months ago I think. I'm not trying to be the best of the best. I'm just having fun. And it'd be fun to make it through the challenge of getting to BD10 and getting some dragons. But if I get knocked down to the vault limit every day or two and never get close, that's just not fun.

So if anyone has any useful advice, other than that my strategy sucks, or start over and lose not just 10 months of kingdom-building but a bunch of cool indestructible units I'd never get back, I'd really appreciate it. It sounds like the dropping allies thing has potential, but I have no idea how many I should drop if that is indeed the best way to go, or if it would do any good or not at my level. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help. :)

jonny0284
12-18-2012, 07:30 AM
I only found my way to this forum recently and like to think that camping at level 50 until one has an army of dragons is not the only valid way to play this game.

You are correct. There are plenty of us on here that have gone onto achieving the BD10 at 100+ , 120+. The problem is, it only gets harder. Some of us made mistakes by levelling up too fast and not grasping the strategy of this game until later. I, too, have been playing since April. I joined the forum in July but did not really start getting into the community until October.

October I went from BD5 > BD8. Marebear helped push me over the cliff. Then December came BD8 > BD10. In the past 3 months...I'd say I have levelled up maybe 4-5 levels. Which is a lot but is slow at the same time. :)

ezinap
12-18-2012, 01:28 PM
... advice?

I would not drop in allies. You can see down till 40%. In other words: people with 2.5x your number of allies will see and will attack you. Stay at max allies (or -1 or so).
BD8 should be obtainable. Sell 1 Manor if you must. Then, buy Hydra's.
Level up, away from your attackers. They will probably want to stay below 100 for the Boss events. You have passed that station.
Increase your IPH, always a good thing.
Enough to do!

kruppe
12-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Kruppe would agree. First started the game and was at L60 before I knew where I was. Took my time from 70 - 100 and hit bd10 late nineties. Even then got raided far too often. I am only half way through the main quest so hero personal items not that crash hot.

King Gabriel388
12-18-2012, 02:16 PM
So, to piggyback on this advice given to another in this thread, I'm wondering this: At level 98, how many allies would you experts suggest I drop down to in order to fall off the radar of those who camped at 50ish and are now massacring their way up the ranks?

I can't attack and raid all day long during the week to build up cash very quickly (that silly little thing called work). I can bring in about 120k a day without leveling up. For BD8 (with lumbermill 10), that puts me above the vault limit for about 2.5 days. And last night, after getting to about 430k, bam, someone with over 900 dragons hits and I'm back down to 330k just like that. If that happens just once a day, I'll never get to 621k.

I only found my way to this forum recently and like to think that camping at level 50 until one has an army of dragons is not the only valid way to play this game. If I had done that, I wouldn't have had the fun I did with the boxes and quests and and all the other stuff that makes this game enjoyable to me. And I wouldn't have the cool units and stuff I love. I have not been racing my way through the ranks - when there's no event, I camp. I started playing like 9-10 months ago I think. I'm not trying to be the best of the best. I'm just having fun. And it'd be fun to make it through the challenge of getting to BD10 and getting some dragons. But if I get knocked down to the vault limit every day or two and never get close, that's just not fun.

So if anyone has any useful advice, other than that my strategy sucks, or start over and lose not just 10 months of kingdom-building but a bunch of cool indestructible units I'd never get back, I'd really appreciate it. It sounds like the dropping allies thing has potential, but I have no idea how many I should drop if that is indeed the best way to go, or if it would do any good or not at my level. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help. :)

You can beg to be allies with your attackers. A lot of players do that. Sweet talk your way to become their ally.

jonny0284
12-18-2012, 02:52 PM
Or, talk on their wall enough that they may block you. Or get them to talk at least 3x on your own wall and then block them. lol

Bazi
12-18-2012, 06:20 PM

I did my BD9-10 run around level 98. I first built up a full hydra army before starting the BD 9-10 runs. I stayed at 99 allies and with my max density army I only lost a small amount during my runs, each of which took about 2 days.

I see lots of recommendations to have max allies, but by staying low I think you avoid the majority of "serious" players, and are therefore much safer from being attacked and losing all your gold.

Zenobia
12-18-2012, 09:18 PM
You can beg to be allies with your attackers. A lot of players do that. Sweet talk your way to become their ally.

I may try that. One person already tried that on me even though I kept attacking him a few times after his first appeal. He across likeable enough to me that when the last limited time quest ended I sent him an ally invite. :)

Thanks to all who have been sharing their advice with me. I will attempting BD8 again this weekend. Then spending the holidays with my wonderful family (parents, sister, sister's obnoxious bf)... who for some reason all get really annoyed when I pause the board games we're playing, or otherwise drop everything to play on my ipad :P ... so will likely just collect from my buildings, upgrade other buildings, and make hydras for a couple weeks. Then make a run for BD9&10 in January.

Shinazueli
12-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I may try that. One person already tried that on me even though I kept attacking him a few times after his first appeal. He across likeable enough to me that when the last limited time quest ended I sent him an ally invite. :)

Thanks to all who have been sharing their advice with me. I will attempting BD8 again this weekend. Then spending the holidays with my wonderful family (parents, sister, sister's obnoxious bf)... who for some reason all get really annoyed when I pause the board games we're playing, or otherwise drop everything to play on my ipad :P ... so will likely just collect from my buildings, upgrade other buildings, and make hydras for a couple weeks. Then make a run for BD9&10 in January.

One last piece of advice: if you find yourself with lots of time to play on the weekend, so does everyone else. Don't try a run on a weekend. Do it when everyone is working. In this case, with everyone on vacation, I wouldn't even go over vault the next couple weeks, many many people with nothing better to do but look for you.

The above advice also applies when there is any sort of event going on. Try to ninja in between them. Getting harder, I know.

Finally, even if you do everything right, you may still get hit. It's just part of the game. Pick it up and try again. You'll get it eventually. And when you do, you'll be right here telling people to stop whining, and just do it.

sborgnanera
12-18-2012, 10:48 PM
If you live in europe, plan your raids in the morning, all the US players are spleeping...

Metajetta
12-19-2012, 05:26 AM
If you live in europe, plan your raids in the morning, all the US players are spleeping...

Or if you are a farmer on the East Coast and are up at 4 am... Bwa ha ha ha....

It's SO easy to pick up XP "accidentally" as a novice. I stopped even farming because they threw in that additional ally quest on me. I accomplished my goal of being able to build the gnomish lab at 40, then intended to go slow - enter LTQ - i was not watching the XP that was cascading out of the early quests like candy from the Macy's Santa Claus float.

I'm more savvy this time, than with my Ipad base - before it got stepped on, lol. Whenever I regain that one it will be a REALLY fun challenge to rehab because I'm fairly sure I was over Lvl 50 - I was in the process of Ghost's emergency kingdom overhaul plan at the time. If you come across that one (Mal) by the way I have a standing offer of cake for a screenshot of my profile as I am missing my level and stats info. It will be the piles of rubble with lots of trees. I seem to be the only one out there who likes trees, so it's easy to spot.

Anyway, because right after I found this forum, I immediately started doing NOTHING, I also learned very little. So this time I did take lots of time outs, but still leveled up WAY too fast - too much questing.

This is my first run at seriously for real no kidding don't do anything to get XP camping. Um, I'm indulging in a bit of raiding as a training exercise and boredom reliever. People will leave their things lying about, you know?

But I'm at 47. It seems a nice neighborhood. I MUST catch up. As someone said, it's a good time (the holidays) to lay low. I'll need help with the temptation of that lovely full energy bar, though. Plug my ears and tie me to the mainsail!

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Or if you are a farmer on the East Coast and are up at 4 am... Bwa ha ha ha....

It's SO easy to pick up XP "accidentally" as a novice. I stopped even farming because they threw in that additional ally quest on me. I accomplished my goal of being able to build the gnomish lab at 40, then intended to go slow - enter LTQ - i was not watching the XP that was cascading out of the early quests like candy from the Macy's Santa Claus float.

I'm more savvy this time, than with my Ipad base - before it got stepped on, lol. Whenever I regain that one it will be a REALLY fun challenge to rehab because I'm fairly sure I was over Lvl 50 - I was in the process of Ghost's emergency kingdom overhaul plan at the time. If you come across that one (Mal) by the way I have a standing offer of cake for a screenshot of my profile as I am missing my level and stats info. It will be the piles of rubble with lots of trees. I seem to be the only one out there who likes trees, so it's easy to spot.

Anyway, because right after I found this forum, I immediately started doing NOTHING, I also learned very little. So this time I did take lots of time outs, but still leveled up WAY too fast - too much questing.

This is my first run at seriously for real no kidding don't do anything to get XP camping. Um, I'm indulging in a bit of raiding as a training exercise and boredom reliever. People will leave their things lying about, you know?

But I'm at 47. It seems a nice neighborhood. I MUST catch up. As someone said, it's a good time (the holidays) to lay low. I'll need help with the temptation of that lovely full energy bar, though. Plug my ears and tie me to the mainsail!

I see a lot of players that have this problem, too much temptation. So do this: set a goal. Say, I can gain one level when I raise my IPH by 500, or I can do this map when I upgrade my merchant caravan to level 7. Do that for every goal, and allow yourself small mini rewards. For the pvp LTQ, the reward was simply too good, even for my hardcore camper. Cost me four levels for a 1000/900 unit. Worth it.

Zenobia
12-19-2012, 01:30 PM
One last piece of advice: if you find yourself with lots of time to play on the weekend, so does everyone else. Don't try a run on a weekend. Do it when everyone is working. In this case, with everyone on vacation, I wouldn't even go over vault the next couple weeks, many many people with nothing better to do but look for you.

The above advice also applies when there is any sort of event going on. Try to ninja in between them. Getting harder, I know.

Finally, even if you do everything right, you may still get hit. It's just part of the game. Pick it up and try again. You'll get it eventually. And when you do, you'll be right here telling people to stop whining, and just do it.
Unfortunately, that part "when everyone is working" applies to me, lol. I can sneak into the game (or internet obviously) occasionally at work but can't put in a dedicated effort unless I use a vacation day (of which I only get 10 a year). We'll see. It's only BD8 yet I'll be going for, only 290K over the vault limit. I may succeed this time or I may fail. I'll think of it as a test run. :) And if the next event pops up before this weekend, I'll hold off and time it to go over the vault limit soon after that event ends.

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Unfortunately, that part "when everyone is working" applies to me, lol. I can sneak into the game (or internet obviously) occasionally at work but can't put in a dedicated effort unless I use a vacation day (of which I only get 10 a year). We'll see. It's only BD8 yet I'll be going for, only 290K over the vault limit. I may succeed this time or I may fail. I'll think of it as a test run. :) And if the next event pops up before this weekend, I'll hold off and time it to go over the vault limit soon after that event ends.

I didn't necessarily mean during the workday, even though you should be able to check it at lunch and on morning and afternoon break time without breaking any rules. That should easily be enough for three and six hour buildings. Check the 12s when you wake up and on the way home, and do the longer ones in the evening. The only ones that hurt are the one hours.

But I just meant during the week, not necessarily during the day. Also, ask Santa for an old iPhone for Christmas, then you only need a cell tower nearby, not your company's wifi.

Note: I manage (12+) one hour collections and I have a real job in industry, this isn't theory lol.

Edit: also, specifically for BD8, I did it like this: my 24,48, and the evening 12s were synced up. That gave me almost 100k right there. The other 180k I just had to sweat out while raiding my tush off on like a Wednesday night. If you catch one person overvaulted that can be 200k. You could also take bosses down to like 1 hit and kill five or six in one fell swoop. As a last resort you could sell manors, but that shouldn't be necessary for BD8. After I built up hydras, this became MUCH easier to go overvault. I'd recommend leveling your MCs to 10, your lenders to 5+, and your manors to 4. This made BD9&10 much faster.

Note I did this months ago, but it should still be a good strategy.

Zenobia
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
I didn't necessarily mean during the workday, even though you should be able to check it at lunch and on morning and afternoon break time without breaking any rules. That should easily be enough for three and six hour buildings. Check the 12s when you wake up and on the way home, and do the longer ones in the evening. The only ones that hurt are the one hours.

But I just meant during the week, not necessarily during the day. Also, ask Santa for an old iPhone for Christmas, then you only need a cell tower nearby, not your company's wifi.

Note: I manage (12+) one hour collections and I have a real job in industry, this isn't theory lol.

Yeah, I can *usually* check in enough during the day that I get about 10 one-hour collections a day. And I always get my 12's at home before and after work/commute. But I never know when my boss is going to decide he wants to sit at the table in the middle of our room all day and drive us insane / render me unable to check in other than my lunch break. And he's super-nosy - If I try to sneak my ipad with me to the bathroom, in my purse, he's been known to actually ask, "Where are you going that you need your purse?" He's ludicrous. We'll see. Maybe Friday night. I would think that even if I don't at the moment, some players have lives and might go out Friday nights, lol.

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, I can *usually* check in enough during the day that I get about 10 one-hour collections a day. And I always get my 12's at home before and after work/commute. But I never know when my boss is going to decide he wants to sit at the table in the middle of our room all day and drive us insane / render me unable to check in other than my lunch break. And he's super-nosy - If I try to sneak my ipad with me to the bathroom, in my purse, he's been known to actually ask, "Where are you going that you need your purse?" He's ludicrous. We'll see. Maybe Friday night. I would think that even if I don't at the moment, some players have lives and might go out Friday nights, lol.

Tell him you're going to watch a YouTube video on how to insert a tampon. Guarantee he'll never ask again. Or, if you somehow think that's inappropriate (lol) you could tell him you need to reapply some make up. Most men will think that you don't need to, but won't say so, and won't comment again. Honestly, asking a woman who works for you why she's carrying a purse into the restroom is like saying "I don't like being employed, please fire me."

Also, small logic fail: you're assuming those who play this game and are strong enough to break your defense have lives.

Zenobia
12-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Tell him you're going to watch a YouTube video on how to insert a tampon. Guarantee he'll never ask again. Or, if you somehow think that's inappropriate (lol) you could tell him you need to reapply some make up. Most men will think that you don't need to, but won't say so, and won't comment again. Honestly, asking a woman who works for you why she's carrying a purse into the restroom is like saying "I don't like being employed, please fire me."

Also, small logic fail: you're assuming those who play this game and are strong enough to break your defense have lives.

I seriously wanted to get into grisly feminine hygiene details when he asked me that, lol. He sometimes says the stupidest things to us. We sit around scratching our heads a lot when he leaves. And sharing funny boss stories about crap he's said and done that others missed. But while his logic is nonsensical and people/management skills with his employees abysmal, he sure knows how to sweet talk clients and keep good work coming in.

Also, I didn't expect that *everyone* who is strong enough to take me would be out having a life on a Friday night, lol. Only that *some* might and therefore my odds of slipping by unnoticed increase slightly. Hmm... I'm a rogue in the game which seems pretty useless most of the time - it would be cool if we rogues had the ability to hide from everyone else occasionally. lol. Anyway at level 98 with > 100k defense, the number who can take me is pretty limited. Also, I recognize this may not work and I end up having to wait for a better time. But I'd sure like to be making hydras over the holidays so I'd like to give it a shot.

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 04:31 PM
I seriously wanted to get into grisly feminine hygiene details when he asked me that, lol. He sometimes says the stupidest things to us. We sit around scratching our heads a lot when he leaves. And sharing funny boss stories about crap he's said and done that others missed. But while his logic is nonsensical and people/management skills with his employees abysmal, he sure knows how to sweet talk clients and keep good work coming in.

Also, I didn't expect that *everyone* who is strong enough to take me would be out having a life on a Friday night, lol. Only that *some* might and therefore my odds of slipping by unnoticed increase slightly. Hmm... I'm a rogue in the game which seems pretty useless most of the time - it would be cool if we rogues had the ability to hide from everyone else occasionally. lol. Anyway at level 98 with > 100k defense, the number who can take me is pretty limited. Also, I recognize this may not work and I end up having to wait for a better time. But I'd sure like to be making hydras over the holidays so I'd like to give it a shot.

Then start soon. Most go on vacation soon. My favorite day for runs is Wednesday, this usually results in success. Good luck! Also you are not alone, one of my bosses is completely retarded. I find joy in subtly pointing it out to him. Oh, and telling him (verbally only, Ofc) something that is idiotic and then laughing my ass off when he repeats it. He never remembers who it was that told him.
Finally, you only have to be subtle with your "stop nosing around" comments, if he fails to notice then you can easily set him aside and let him know that some questions just aren't workplace appropriate. It's like a guaranteed I win button. Not that I'm jealous or anything. No, sir.

Zenobia
12-22-2012, 11:01 AM
Yeah, I will never ever even get BD8. Started a run again and the same guy took me for 100k again as soon as I was in the 400s. I will get nowhere as long as I have a stalker. :( :( :(

War Eagle
12-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Yeah, I will never ever even get BD8. Started a run again and the same guy took me for 100k again as soon as I was in the 400s. I will get nowhere as long as I have a stalker. :( :( :(

Wow.. I just came across this thread... saw your name... and realized you're talking about ME!
Weird too because I just offered some advice in another thread to someone else who was getting hit on their BD10 run.
Moving forward... If someone else with higher stats hits you... try to ally with them ASAP! Don't just sit back and hope they stop... because they likely won't.
That said... send me your code so I can add you.

Zenobia
12-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Weird! After you hit me and left a note on my wall, I saved my money then replied to you. [When you hit reply does it show up on the other person's wall?] Anyway I answered your question there but why nor here as well... I was online when I got the report I was being hit and immediately went home and built a second manor. I had only 1 manor just for that reason - in case I needed to try to dump/save money really quick during my run. Now I'm sure glad I had thought of that escape route lol. Lost 100k but it could have been like 190k.

Ally request sent and your mercy would be greatly appreciated. I'd give you a reindeer you didn't have in thanks if I could. :) If you already turned down / didn't recognize my ally request I am 127-754-836.

Shinazueli
12-22-2012, 03:21 PM
Weird! After you hit me and left a note on my wall, I saved my money then replied to you. [When you hit reply does it show up on the other person's wall?] Anyway I answered your question there but why nor here as well... I was online when I got the report I was being hit and immediately went home and built a second manor. I had only 1 manor just for that reason - in case I needed to try to dump/save money really quick during my run. Now I'm sure glad I had thought of that escape route lol. Lost 100k but it could have been like 190k.

Ally request sent and your mercy would be greatly appreciated. I'd give you a reindeer you didn't have in thanks if I could. :) If you already turned down / didn't recognize my ally request I am 127-754-836.

I was wondering why you only had one manor. Also, you can use that same escape route by upgrading the manors if you need to later. Finally, if you absolutely cannot save for bd8 with full HPs, just sell the manors for the upgrade.

War Eagle
12-22-2012, 05:35 PM

Added you.
Also.. the comment wall can be weird... Whatever you wrote did not show up on my wall.
Good luck on the BD run.

plavine
01-05-2013, 08:58 AM
i personally thought the BD just wasnt worth it. I have Flaming trebuckets and high priests along with increased rewards from the new quest games, the priesat of set increased my attack 4000 points and I only got to level 35

bobfishcake
01-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Just tested a bd upgrade run and got up to 800k before i was hit for 200k by a level 200 with full allies. My level is in the 130's.

This just doesnt seem right.

Me&You
01-05-2013, 10:47 AM
i personally thought the BD just wasnt worth it. I have Flaming trebuckets and high priests along with increased rewards from the new quest games, the priesat of set increased my attack 4000 points and I only got to level 35

That may seem great now, but look ahead. 1500 Flaming Trebs give an attack of 90k. Full Dragons are 157k. Assuming you and your adversary both do the same events and all, the indestructibles will be a wash, as will armour/weapons. With 630 dragons, I'm over 140k now. I did a major redirect at about level 60 and started gearing up for my BD run.

jonny0284
01-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Free player stats with no units better than a dragon will max out at yes, 157.5k / 103.5k That includes no Beast Kennel which if at level 10 (20%) would net you 189k / 124.2k

This also takes no weapon + armor stats that would most definitely put you over the 200k atk / 140k def. And, as a free player.

=====

But to think you're going to continue playing as a High Priest / Flaming Trebuchet player? HA hahahahahahahhahaha (breath) hahahahahaa. You'll be eaten alive and never hope to sustain an over vault long enough to build even a level 3 Manor. I hit players who are only at 350k just to watch em spend it all and hide. Suckers.

Lady Death
01-06-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm level 112 (681-482-377) with an a/d of 100,000 each. A player named Sauron,(868-679-957) level 112 with an a: 170,000/d: 140,000 hits me every time I go over 330,000. He/she refuses every attempt at an alliance. Any help from the ka masters would be most appreciated.

My only thought now is to let him level past as I try to build more defense.

Winstrol
01-06-2013, 05:44 PM
I'm level 112 (681-482-377) with an a/d of 100,000 each. A player named Sauron,(868-679-957) level 112 with an a: 170,000/d: 140,000 hits me every time I go over 330,000. He/she refuses every attempt at an alliance. Any help from the ka masters would be most appreciated.

I would hit him , but his not in my level cap , bdw even if he hits level 135~ he still will be able to see you .

kruppe
01-06-2013, 06:15 PM

Or pop on up a level and see if he follows you. As long as you do not, or have not attempted to revenge, you will be lost to him until he levels up. You can track him not the other way around.

emcee
01-07-2013, 12:17 AM
Best way imo to get to BD10 is to do it as close to level 50 as possible. Make sure you have max defense as possible. Key is to have a well developed economy prior to hitting level 50. I don't see a point of getting to BD10 with a mediocre economy and not being able to create and just as important, sustain a dragon army.
I'm working on getting manors to level 10 at level 41. Lenders and brothels level 10 will easily fall into place thereafter. BD will be a walk in the park by then not to mention full dragon army.
This approach relies on zero pvp/pve and reinvesting everything back into economy once defense buildings and best defensive cash units and equips are purchased with active management of level bracketing/alliance.

echus14
01-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Amazing how many players in the 40s and 50s are now shooting for level 10 manors. Can't imagine going overvault by nearly 25 million (wide-eyed). Highest I've personally seen is a level 8 (one player with one such manor). Strangely enough, his defence was not even particularly high.

Lady Death
01-07-2013, 12:28 AM
I appreiate all the pro tips but doing it level 50 and below is not an option.

I want to be your ally! I call that the long game.
681-482-377

Best way imo to get to BD10 is to do it as close to level 50 as possible. Make sure you have max defense as possible. Key is to have a well developed economy prior to hitting level 50. I don't see a point of getting to BD10 with a mediocre economy and not being able to create and just as important, sustain a dragon army.
I'm working on getting manors to level 10 at level 41. Lenders and brothels level 10 will easily fall into place thereafter. BD will be a walk in the park by then not to mention full dragon army.
This approach relies on zero pvp/pve and reinvesting everything back into economy once defense buildings and best defensive cash units and equips are purchased with active management of level bracketing/alliance.

emcee
01-07-2013, 01:05 AM
Amazing how many players in the 40s and 50s are now shooting for level 10 manors. Can't imagine going overvault by nearly 25 million (wide-eyed). Highest I've personally seen is a level 8 (one player with one such manor). Strangely enough, his defence was not even particularly high.
Got my defense over 50k so I should be good to go; knock on wood. 47k on attack so hope that is a deterrent. Only regret is I didn't anticipate hitting level 41 so soon (damn reindeer event). If I only knew then I wouldn't have gotten my lenders to level 6 and 8 not to mention my level 9 and 7 brothels.

emcee
01-07-2013, 01:10 AM
I appreiate all the pro tips but doing it level 50 and below is not an option.

I want to be your ally! I call that the long game.
681-482-377
I've sent you an invite. Look for Sparhawk. However, I am at max alliance so I believe we will not be in the same alliance until I hit level 42 which will be many months from now.

Lady Death
01-07-2013, 02:46 AM
Cheers.

Looks like its level up, d up, and ally up with the best for me. 681-482-377

I've sent you an invite. Look for Sparhawk. However, I am at max alliance so I believe we will not be in the same alliance until I hit level 42 which will be many months from now.

NVJ
03-10-2013, 11:00 AM
How do you "track" someone? Other than seeing them on your news page and clicking on that link?

ezinap
03-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Ah epic battles; Sauron beating Lady Death. A new sequel by Tolkien?
Anyway, soon you can change your name with the new anticipated feature.
That will make your life (!) easier.

Rinkled4
03-11-2013, 10:56 AM
I do not think that passive players (players who log in to collect money buildings) are meant to have BD10. It is not impossible to obtain if you are actively playing (attacking and raiding nonstop until you reach your goal). At level 96 with a def of 75k I went from BD level 8 to 10 in 3 days. My iph was 2900 and my vault was only upgraded to 110k. Sold my two level 1 manors when i got close enough. Iph, in my opinion, is one of the most overrated stats in KA. I would like to see iph stats that included how much a player raids/attacks collects.

skulligan
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Whoa - thanks for the warning! I didn't know about that L50 camper thing. I thought I'd be a camper myself but all the limited time quests and epic bosses and boxes and all that has sort-of propelled me up the ranks. I go up a couple levels every one of them then camp in-between but they have been coming nearly non-stop lately. I just love getting those cool, indestructible units too much, and just the pleasure of competing quests and getting cool drops, to play this game like a pro, lol.
ha. i had the exact same problem. doing great camped under level 40, started all the LTQ's and shot up past level 90. got some really good units though....

Ms Pickles
03-12-2013, 03:17 AM
I would like to see iph stats that included how much a player raids/attacks collects.

Yes ! Me too. I think this is great idea and is stat that would add great meaning and interest. Greed should make this an action to do!

Jixx
03-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Yes ! Me too. I think this is great idea and is stat that would add great meaning and interest. Greed should make this an action to do!

you cant make a stat for raiding because there is no fixed number. Unless you want an average of raids or something, but i fail to see the point in that. My IPH is low for my level, but i also supplement my income with raiding. Was able to raid the 505k i needed for BD8 in a matter of 3 hrs, with only the hourly money collects.

justsomedood5
03-12-2013, 09:38 AM
you cant make a stat for raiding because there is no fixed number. Unless you want an average of raids or something, but i fail to see the point in that. My IPH is low for my level, but i also supplement my income with raiding. Was able to raid the 505k i needed for BD8 in a matter of 3 hrs, with only the hourly money collects.

I would agree it's tough to make a stat for raiding, but I am consistently amazed by how much more powerful raiding is vs. having your own strong economy. My IPH sucks (< $3k), but within a week and half of getting my BD 10 I've got over 1,250 dragons, which means I've somehow raided more than $16 million in about 10 days. You'd need an IPH of $80k+ to earn that kind of money (since you can't collect every building on the hour), which would take forever to build up!

RandomUser
03-12-2013, 09:46 AM
Just remember that if nobody had a decent IPH, nobody would have gold to raid.

justsomedood5
03-12-2013, 09:55 AM

Agreed - Richard Dawkin's dove vs. hawk analogy (evolutionarily stable strategies) comes to mind.

Jixx
03-12-2013, 11:21 AM

so true, im thanking pretty much anyone with manors who doesnt collect them the second they are ready. Thank you for my recent BD8 upgrade!

Jixx
03-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Advantage of having own economy: gain gold without simultaneously gaining XP.

disadvantage of having own economy, camping makes the game boring.
disadvantage of having own economy 2, time spent overvault is way too long. How long would your overvault time be to get the 505k for BD8, not supplementing your income by pvp or pve?

VileDoom
03-12-2013, 04:46 PM
Leave the cost right where it is, makes the game more interesting. ;)

Rastlin
03-12-2013, 08:30 PM
Leave the cost right where it is, makes the game more interesting. ;)
Not really because once a player figures out they can never reach it, they will quit. Most games you try to level up to get something. Once you know you leveled to far and there is no why you can reach your goals, there is not point in playing anymore. Then no gold for you to loot, so both lose.

Price
03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I agree with Vile Doom here. The BD10 run was the high point of the game for me. I made 3 attempts at BD10, each was very fun and nerve racking. If I could've just vaulted to 1.7 mil it wouldn't even be worth mentioning. As a free player who started the game clueless and had a crap kingdom until about Level 60, then camped for a couple of months and turned my kingdom around, I think BD costs are right where they should be. Just plan it out, stick to your plan, and don't get too discouraged if you get hit a couple of times.

-P
Murder of Crows

War Eagle
03-12-2013, 08:48 PM
I am also 5 million+ overvault at the moment.

in-game name and level please ;)
j/k (sort of).. good luck on those manors

Shinazueli
03-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Then they shall learn from their errors instead of being rewarded for making mistakes.
+1 qft. Like. 10 characters yet?

Rastlin
03-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Then they shall learn from their errors instead of being rewarded for making mistakes.
The only way to know how to play the game is to find this forum (I have played for a year, and only found this forum a month ago). Camping is not something done or known about in normal games (I sure never heard of it before). Yes they will learn by their mistakes, and also learn to quit this game due to knowing their goals are unreachable... Then like I said before less gold, because all of their buildings are sold trying to make it, and then nothing in their bank to raid because they quit. Lose, lose..

Rastlin
03-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Yes I was VERY ignorant to the game. I never raided anyone, and was only building up cash buildings. So I never had a need for units, nor did I know what they would cost to build later. I was never really raided by someone else until level 100, and by then it was to late.

Rastlin
03-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Clearly ignorant because your description of a camper is mostly wrong.
Yes first game like this I have every played.

Victorious
03-19-2013, 02:12 PM
OMG!! I'm about to pull all of my hair out. I've been saving for a BD9 for over a week and at this rate it's never going to happen. I'm level 92, 64k attack and 67k def. How is it done? I've been able to get up to 500k gold twice and each time I've been attacked and lost over 100k. Other times I've been at 380k or 390k for less than 2 hours and I get hit. I have an income of 9200 IPH so I'm building gold pretty fast, but I will have to be over bank for at least 3 days to get a BD9 and over bank for about 8-10 days to get to BD10. How are you supposed to stay over bank for that long without getting hit?

How are these players saying that they get BD9 in one day and then BD10 the next day? That seems impossible?

Sgt Maj
03-19-2013, 03:19 PM
You need a strategy to get a lot of gold very quickly - set yourself in the areas with high ranking units already reduced to one hit, sell some buildings, join the Golden Horde (we have almost maxed out upgrade cost deductions), and ensure your carpenter is at Lvl 10.

MistaMasta
03-19-2013, 03:22 PM
Kingdom Slayers ( 727-429-497 ) Welcomes You,

No Minimum Requirements, No Considerations. Donate whatever you can miss, We dont even have to take this **** serius, Cause we will win anyways. Just relax and kick ass, no peepz can F with Us!

You may join, low levels, high levels, free players, gem players etc etc

Dont take our kindness for our weakness

Guild stats:
Members: 4
Walls: 3, upgraded to level 5
Health: 30000

Founder stats:
Level: 79
Health: 880
Attack: 53000+
Defense: 55000+
Allies: 390 - (984-977-147)
Income: 2700 an hour
Allies: 395
Units: 1185

Anybody level 1 to all, Yr Welcome,

Kingdom Slayers - 727-429-497

Greets MistaMista aka JohnnBlade

Victorious
03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
I do have a strategy - it was to build up to a high IPH and build up my def. My lumber mill is level 10 to reduce the cost and I'm a member of a guild with some nice bonuses to lower the price. I can save from 330k up to the 887k cost of a BD9 in only 3 days. I first tried to save up for a DB9 when my def was 35k. Now my def is 67k and I can't even save up more than 400k gold. Once in the last week I got to 510k before I got hit. Now if I'm over bank for 2 hours it gets completely wiped out. If I get hit in 2 or 3 hours, how does anyone expect to be over bank for 3 days? How on earth has anyone ever managed to get a BD9, much less a BD10? I'm getting hit by players that have 150k attack. How are they even allowed to be attacking someone at my level? There is no way I can ever hope to defend against attacks that high. I'm maxed out on Hydras and have my top 50 units from events with the top 5 units that I have over 1000 def.

What kind of strategy am I supposed to use to increase my bank size?

GreenGuru
03-19-2013, 08:01 PM
I do have a strategy - it was to build up to a high IPH and build up my def. My lumber mill is level 10 to reduce the cost and I'm a member of a guild with some nice bonuses to lower the price. I can save from 330k up to the 887k cost of a BD9 in only 3 days. I first tried to save up for a DB9 when my def was 35k. Now my def is 67k and I can't even save up more than 400k gold. Once in the last week I got to 510k before I got hit. Now if I'm over bank for 2 hours it gets completely wiped out. If I get hit in 2 or 3 hours, how does anyone expect to be over bank for 3 days? How on earth has anyone ever managed to get a BD9, much less a BD10? I'm getting hit by players that have 150k attack. How are they even allowed to be attacking someone at my level? There is no way I can ever hope to defend against attacks that high. I'm maxed out on Hydras and have my top 50 units from events with the top 5 units that I have over 1000 def.

What kind of strategy am I supposed to use to increase my bank size?

You need to up your allies or you are not telling the truth on maxing out hydra's because there's no way you have 460 allies and 1380 Hydra's at 60/58 a piece because then your stats would be 82,800/80,040 off of Hydra's alone (not including weapons and armor). You said you had event units as well so then you stats should be even higher than that possible through Hydra's. So build up your Hydra's and stop leveling for the time being before you pass level 100 with those stats. Sell your Manors when doing your run if need be to reach that spot needed to get your BD

JoKeRjr
03-19-2013, 10:27 PM
I Am interested to see if the Gurus method works, or KENs. Please keep me posted. Have some of the same questions.

Me&You
03-19-2013, 11:00 PM
If you're not top 5% of your battle list, then you'd better be creative...
If it were easy, everyone would have one.

Angel 2
03-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Victorious - search the forum, there are a number of threads that talk about breeding dens and some very good strategy tips. Now is an interesting time to be upgrading as everyone is raiding and PvP more to raise gold and stones for upcoming guild wars...
Off the top of my head:
- Reduce allies (works for some) to get off the heavy hitters radar. You need to go quite low though (around 75).
- Max out on Hydras and allies and ally with anyone who can successfully hit you - most people understand what you are going through, and if you ask nicely will help.
- Goto last hit on as many major gold mobs on maps as you can access - you can then clean up with a few bars of energy for a lot of gold.

There is more elsewhere as I mentioned, including the "There be Dragons" thread and Gambit's recent thread on getting BD10.

groovdog
03-20-2013, 12:28 AM
Reality is Gree doesnt care about people who wont spend the money to get there. I am BD5 with too small a vault to even think about it, not enough IPH, and 150K+ atk/def. Gems are the way of the future. At my allies I wouldnt use a dragon anyways and I have been playing <2 months. Until there is a vault increase or a BD11 or better BD10 mobs I will likely never get there. Better served by upgrading the power buildings and IPH to fund guild donations...

Victorious
03-20-2013, 12:31 AM
I meant I had maxed out hydras for my number of allies, around 160. I think this is a bad time for trying to save since everyone is raiding for gold with the upcoming wars. Maybe I should use gold to buy more armor and try BD9 later. I have had over 300k taken from me the past couple of days and it is so frustrating it makes me want to quit playing completely.

jonny0284
03-20-2013, 03:22 AM
If I can't attack players for more gold when they're over vault, I'm going to raid their Cottages & Farms. Simply a message... "I still know. I'm still here. I'm coming back."

This is a travesty that max hits was lowered from 20 to 12. I'm going to attack more ruthlessly now.

Tben64
03-20-2013, 04:57 AM
If I can't attack players for more gold when they're over vault, I'm going to raid their Cottages & Farms. Simply a message... "I still know. I'm still here. I'm coming back."

This is a travesty that max hits was lowered from 20 to 12. I'm going to attack more ruthlessly now.

Toys out of pram!

Sprig
03-20-2013, 08:40 AM
It is a whole new world out there with all the LTQ events and the increase in units available that are better than dragons. When I made my BD10 run over the Christmas holiday I was able to raid like crazy and get it done relatively quick. There are now a lot more high stat players in the lower levels. My second account is level 75 with stats of 127k and 126k and I still am having a hard time with the BD9 and BD10 runs.

Johny0284 has the strategy for the new environment. In my experience it is much harder to find manors, playhouses or lenders that are uncollected and over vault players are scarce. I did a trial run the other night and instead of spending my time searching large numbers of rivals for the traditional sources of gold I would hit buildings with lesser paydays, but they were much more easy to find. I think I can farm enough gold this way to still make the BD run in just a day or two and if it gets tight I can sell my manors to get over the hump.

JoKeRjr
03-20-2013, 05:29 PM

I'm thinking that if someone raided my cottages and farms, I wouldn't care much about it, unless they did it over and over. But, maybe that is the way you want to use your attack bar.

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 03:15 AM
I'm not raiding Cottages & Farms for the gold. I'm doing it for the message that I'm willing to mess up your Kingdom, down to the peasantry.

Ruston
03-21-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm not raiding Cottages & Farms for the gold. I'm doing it for the message that I'm willing to mess up your Kingdom, down to the peasantry.

The message you really will be sending is:
-Im gonna drop to my knees and fiercely give you BJ after BJ until you get a headache from dehydration!, then we'll see who is laughing...

You crack me up jonny :D

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 03:53 AM
You cracked me up.

Ruston
03-21-2013, 04:12 AM
Just to clarify,jonny... you are gonna punish others by wasting your own time?
This sounds a bit like Randy Marsh logic from south park, dont you think?

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 04:16 AM
Why would I be wasting my own time? I run it like this. I open KA on a break either at school or at the hospital, I spend 5 mins scoping out Kingdoms, high value income buildings or over vaulters.

If I don't find what I'm looking for, I find a weakling. Tap, tap, tap...+12 wins or +12 successful raids? (It used to be +20)

I don't call that a waste of time. Wasting my time would be not draining my Stamina Bar.

---

Regardless, I don't consider it a self-punishment in the slightest. :) It is how I play the game. lol

Ruston
03-21-2013, 04:25 AM
Oh well, im not complaining... i guess other overvaulted players actually are thankful seeing youre standing nextdoor dehydrating the neighbours peasants instead of spreading the mayhem to those who will suffer from it.

-Keep it up :D

GreenGuru
03-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Jonny, did you remove your signature because people didn't recognize it was quoting gfypiker anymore?

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Nope it's still there.

GreenGuru
03-21-2013, 02:55 PM
Nope it's still there.

Oh, I should have looked a little harder. It doesn't show up in that previous post though

jonny0284
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
I sometimes unclick the "Show your signature" when I multi-post.

Angel 2
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Why would I be wasting my own time? I run it like this. I open KA on a break either at school or at the hospital, I spend 5 mins scoping out Kingdoms, high value income buildings or over vaulters.

If I don't find what I'm looking for, I find a weakling. Tap, tap, tap...+12 wins or +12 successful raids? (It used to be +20)

I don't call that a waste of time. Wasting my time would be not draining my Stamina Bar.

---

Regardless, I don't consider it a self-punishment in the slightest. :) It is how I play the game. lol

I Like your style! Bet the peasants think you are the Sheriff of Nottingham though...