PDA

View Full Version : What's your best use of energy?

War player
02-24-2013, 02:56 PM
What weapons and armor do you farm and where do you farm them? Or do you mainly do quests?

Zenobia
02-24-2013, 03:01 PM
IMO, the best place to farm is whichever is the highest map in which you can kill the enemies there with one shot. So it totally depends on where your hero strength is at. Also, if you try a map and start out like 0 for 10 on drops, try a different map.

Seryna
02-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Yeah I agree with Zenobia...go to the highest map where you can 1 shot the lowest mob. It seems like within the same map, the weapon/armor drops are comparable so try to find the monster where you can 1 shot that gives you the least amout of XP points. Try to avoid the quests, as the rewards are usually not worth it and you get a lot of XP. You want to avoid getting XP cuz it levels you up too quickly which makes the boss LTQs much harder and you also put yourself against higher stat players that can then attack/raid you for gold. If you do level up, make sure you are increasing your attack/defense stats appropriately, either by buying more units or farming for better weapons/armor.

Sgt Maj
02-24-2013, 03:55 PM
I am not sure I agree with that - I think you need to balance out the benefits of the drop with the amount of energy you use. I agree with the one shot one kill policy, but you may get more bang for the buck from a slightly lower map.

Zenobia
02-24-2013, 04:23 PM
I am not sure I agree with that - I think you need to balance out the benefits of the drop with the amount of energy you use. I agree with the one shot one kill policy, but you may get more bang for the buck from a slightly lower map.
I have actually tracked the drop rate and drop "value" (how many points it adds to my atk/def - not how many it has, how many it adds versus the lowest stat weapon/armor I currently equip divided by energy input) of a number of maps. I multiply the drop rate and drop value to get my magic number. And while those numbers do generally rise the higher level the map, they do not by as much as I would have though, and yes, Sgt Maj, I have found some maps are "bum" maps - lower magic number than the maps either side of it. Either because the drop rate is low or the drop items are not-so-great. For me, it's more the drop rate which is why I said if you go 0-for-10, dump the map.

But bum maps aside, two +5|+3 weapons for 20 energy on a low map vs. one +10|+6 weapon for 40 energy from a higher map - I'd go with the single better weapon because you'll always use it. Someday your two +5/+3s will be put out to pasture. Of course, if you have units fighting naked, the opposite is true: get them all some sort of clothes and a weapon first and foremost!

One other thing - as Seryna said, always go for the lowest mob, and I'd add to make sure that mob is giving you a decent drop rate. But also pick a map where the lowest 3 or so mobs are low energy and never need multiple hits. If there's only one really good mob on a map, you'll kill them, then have to kill who-knows-how-many energy-expensive ones until a low mob spawns again, and repeat.

Perfuzzie
02-24-2013, 04:25 PM
i disagree with that zenobia... high level maps will level u up so fast that u are going to find yourself in the whale zone . just to get an armor that cost 20k u will gain more than 100xp , u can raid 13 level 10 silos and get around 10000k , buy 5 armors . just my opinion . try to make the most of it , dont gain xp unless u have 2

Zenobia
02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Oh, good point, Perfuzzie. I have just been reveling in no longer fretting 1/100th as much about leveling up as I used to, since I finished my BD10. I don't pay zero attention to it, but other things are much higher priority for me now than keeping my level low. Anyway, it's easy enough to calculate loot value per experience gained in addition to or instead of loot value per energy spent for those saving experience is more important than saving energy.

Edited to add: while on the subject of maps, I read somewhere else that people are getting skill points for reaching Level 4 of maps but I have not been getting them. Is it that you need to complete Level 4 (in other words, get to Level 5) to get a skill point?

Skyraiders
02-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Oh, good point, Perfuzzie. I have just been reveling in no longer fretting 1/100th as much about leveling up as I used to, since I finished my BD10. I don't pay zero attention to it, but other things are much higher priority for me now than keeping my level low. Anyway, it's easy enough to calculate loot value per experience gained in addition to or instead of loot value per energy spent for those saving experience is more important than saving energy.

Edited to add: while on the subject of maps, I read somewhere else that people are getting skill points for reaching Level 4 of maps but I have not been getting them. Is it that you need to complete Level 4 (in other words, get to Level 5) to get a skill point?

Yes finish the fourth group to get the skill point and when you finish the map altogether you get a unit for finishing the map however don't get excited as the units for the most part won't make the battle field. I also know if you interested someone has a thread started telling you what units you win for completing the map

Perfuzzie
02-24-2013, 06:25 PM
Yes finish the fourth group to get the skill point and when you finish the map altogether you get a unit for finishing the map however don't get excited as the units for the most part won't make the battle field. I also know if you interested someone has a thread started telling you what units you win for completing the map

those units are useless not even bother for them , the skill point for finishing 4th map its way better

Zenobia
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
those units are useless not even bother for them , the skill point for finishing 4th map its way better
Having checked out the thread Skyraiders pointed to, I am inclined to agree. However, I already have 2 new skill points to spend and I like them very much. :)