PDA

View Full Version : Error when opening

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 04:18 PM
For about a week I have been getting the error message “Kingdom Age wasn’t able to load due to invalid data! Please delete and reinstall the app to continue playing” sometimes when opening the app. All I have been doing in opening another Gree game then going back to KA and it seems to work. Today however this has not fixed the problem and I have been unable to get in at all. I finally decided to follow the messages advice and deleted the app and re downloaded it but I am still getting the same message.

Anyone know what causes this or how to fix it, don’t really want to go to support since I was making good progress to completing heroic mode of the current quest so can’t afford a long delay

Khamul
03-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Im experiencing the same problem. Deleting and reinstalling doesnt solve the issue. I checked the game on another device and its accessible. Please advice.

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Wonderful, now I'm locked out too... Did you have any luck getting it fixed?

Khamul
03-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Nope. I didnt have any luck on repairing the error so far. Im thinking of putting an itunes backup on my ipad to see if the local data is corrupted, but Im anxious about ruining any other options by that. I dont want to lose any progress. Im way into level 66.

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 04:39 PM
Seems like this issue is affecting more people than just me. One possibility is where are you located.

I live in New Zealand and I know Kingdom Age and Modern War no longer apear in our app store since about the time Gree took over. Since i downloaded both before they became Gree I have been able to download and update via purchased tab in the app store. Not sure if this is what is casuing the issue but seam wierd it would just start now almost a year later and also doesn't seem to be causing an issue in Modern War

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm in the US and I just started getting the invalid data thing this morning but it still worked but now I've deleted it and reinstalled 3 times and no luck at all... this really really Sucks... all that energy going to waste when I could be killing yeti's for my next units... grrrrrr

emcee
03-04-2013, 04:43 PM
Let me know if you can't get in shortly proc. I'll leave a message on our guild wall.

Winstrol
03-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Maybe you are banned :cool:

Khamul
03-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Dont think location effects this. Im in Europe. So we have three continents already.

SoccerStud
03-04-2013, 04:46 PM
Proc, sign out of your apple ID and create a new one, butnonly set your ID to thenUS AppStore, then just use that ID for gree game only.

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
I think it is that lousy Dragon Tamer they gave me for the Hero section of the last quest... 64/42 instead of the right one? GREAT!

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Proc, sign out of your apple ID and create a new one, butnonly set your ID to thenUS AppStore, then just use that ID for gree game only.

I can't create a US one I have tried before so I could download apps not avaliable in NZ and it just says the address you have given does not match your credit card. Only way is someone who has a US one to give the details and log via that but that takes a lot of trust.

EDIT: Just tried logging into wifes itunes account (still NZ) and get the same message. Since it is affects people all over the place it seems to be on Grees side so hopefully they fix fast or at least expend LTQ

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Maybe you are banned :cool:

Its not the message for banned. I have been faulsely banned on MW for a week before so know first hand what happens there

Milamber
03-04-2013, 05:10 PM
I'm having the same problem, for the last 2hr40mins or so.

I figured it was server related, but then I'm getting notifications of people looting my ready to collect buildings.

Limited Time Quests are no longer enough of a challenge. They're renaming them Limited Limited Time Quests.

*sigh*

C-O-C-K
03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Guys - it has nothing to do with where you are located, as I have two iPads.

My iPad v2 it works just fine on.

My new iPad (latest version) it was sketchy on for the last few days and now it is dead. I reloaded the game, reset the whole iPad (basically reformatted the thing) and it didn't make a difference.

Not sure what is happening.. but it may be based on the version of iPad?

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 05:24 PM
My iPad is brand spanking new, a week old... and it just started this afternoon doing it until finally I was locked out.

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Guys - it has nothing to do with where you are located, as I have two iPads.

My iPad v2 it works just fine on.

My new iPad (latest version) it was sketchy on for the last few days and now it is dead. I reloaded the game, reset the whole iPad (basically reformatted the thing) and it didn't make a difference.

Not sure what is happening.. but it may be based on the version of iPad?

Could be it I am on an ipad 4th gen

Milamber
03-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Could be it I am on an ipad 4th gen

Me too :(

Okay developers - what did you change? :-P
And how do we continue with our Limited Limited Time Quest? (was up to finishing off stage 26 of the brute LTQ)

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 06:34 PM
Bugger and my wife (and her phone) are oversea, and my daughters ipad just got stolen so don't even have a device this week to transfer to so i can finish.

Gree please fix urgently or extend quest.....but this would pretty much everyone will just finish

Zesder
03-04-2013, 06:46 PM
There is an update for KA available. Did you update?

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 06:54 PM
There is an update for KA available. Did you update?

I just did the update and no change..

C-O-C-K
03-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Updating won't do any good... as I said, I did a reinstall on my 4th gen and it doesn't work. My 2nd gen didn't stop working.

Now I am scared because I don't have a backup of my character (lvl 80-something, 100k+ attack and defense) and, since I reinstalled the software, I won't be able to get it back.

Grrrrrrrrr

procsyzarc
03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Not seeing an update. On version 1.7.

Come on Gree was making good progress on LTQ and now have been sitting on ful stam for 4 hours unable to log in to use it

Bravurax
03-04-2013, 07:08 PM
I just downloaded the update too with no change. Conducted a complete reformat of my iPad 4 with a fresh download of the ios with no results. I've been on the phone with iTunes tech support, and they say the problem lies with Gree, the game developers. Their latest update has a bug which conflicts with iPhone 5's, iPad 3's and iPad 4's. This new app update is just supposed to fix the bug in the iPhone 5. We need to wait for the iPad app updat, but submit our complaints to Gree tech support in the meantime.

Bravurax
03-04-2013, 07:09 PM
The newest update is 1.7.1.

C-O-C-K
03-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Yup - I applied that update and it doesn't work. Oh well...

Milamber
03-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrk.

Come on guys. What have you done?

Tarsus
03-04-2013, 07:20 PM
same problem here. Reinstall did not work.

Ssne
03-04-2013, 07:33 PM
Same boat here. Looking for company in my misery and I have found it. I'm on the mini btw.

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Same boat here. Looking for company in my misery and I have found it. I'm on the mini btw.

Well there is no doubt misery loves company.. I LOVE how they roll out a new update at the END of the day and go home. leaving our kingdoms left to just let jesters and bar maidens run the castle.. who knows what I'll go back to!

Khamul
03-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Well we have our common element. Im also on iPad 4th generation. Installing the games update now...

Khamul
03-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Well would have been too easy. New update 1.7.1 doesnt solve this issue

Dum
03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
I too have the iPad 4
I exited the game to check email
When I went to re-enter the game I got the invalid data error.
I did NOT do the update at that time.
I have deleted the game and downloaded four times now, rebooted iPad
I am screwed, I am a guild leader.

Khamul
03-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Same here. Guild leader. No present options seem to work.

Milamber
03-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Well there is no doubt misery loves company.. I LOVE how they roll out a new update at the END of the day and go home. leaving our kingdoms left to just let jesters and bar maidens run the castle.. who knows what I'll go back to!

I hope the bar maidens are still there when I get back!

And I hope they have some way of *properly* compensating us for the lost time on the LTQ. I was almost finished normal mode when it all went horribly wrong. I lose all my waking day for this...

Dum
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I complained to Gree that the the donations were not being credited properly.
370K added 300K
170K added 107K
And no these were not typos
Took screenshots before and after
I checked because my members said they donated one value but the bank increase didn't match.
Anybody else a guild leader?
Anybody else notice this bug?
Thanks

Khamul
03-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I already was in H-mode :-).
Im wondering whether an itunes backup would solve this. Is there a risk of losing achievements or gems trying that?

SangerPride
03-04-2013, 11:29 PM
I hope the bar maidens are still there when I get back!

And I hope they have some way of *properly* compensating us for the lost time on the LTQ. I was almost finished normal mode when it all went horribly wrong. I lose all my waking day for this...

Hands off my maidens! ;:

Looks like a few more people on iTunes rating it badly so we're not alone.. it keeps trying to push "updates" I sure hope it's fixed by morning...

Khamul
03-04-2013, 11:44 PM
To some it is morning already.

mariusdb
03-05-2013, 02:07 AM
This is utterly frustrating! I was just starting to build my guild and was just about to finish a timed challenge for the first time and now the game has stopped working. And this after I reached lvl 125 just last night. Perhaps time to stop playing and to remove all funzio games from my iPad!!!

Khamul
03-05-2013, 05:27 AM
This thing is getting stranger all the time. Allthough I cant enter the game, my ipad keeps showing incoming reports of the game on my lockscreen. Like requesting allies or finished buildings...

SangerPride
03-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Well this is just dandy.. Wake up to NO update and can't get in but I get screen notices that I've been raided and people added me and we'll all sorts of stuff... Cruel cruel joke

Khamul
03-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Same here.
Support response time is amazing.
Like absent.

Khamul
03-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Hey support team, wake up!
Still no response at all and the weirdest of problems.

Acidist
03-05-2013, 08:45 AM
New update is here today! With Iphone 5 support finally
I had problems too.I was often disconnected by raiding and i had problems with connection.And when i am finally in, i lost all my money

Acidist
03-05-2013, 08:49 AM
I see now, the update is to installin from yesterday.I have seen the update for KA now

Khamul
03-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Update didnt solve this issue. Several ipad 4th gen users are locked out of the game. Update made things worse for some.

gravity
03-05-2013, 10:18 AM
I'm on the newest ipad and started having trouble after the update. I cannot connect now for about 12 hours. I don't see another update coming. I hope my guild doesn't drop me for being inactive.

Gravity

Ssne
03-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Did anyone hear anything from Gree on this issue? CJ, if you're there this is a huge one. Thanks

SangerPride
03-05-2013, 11:27 AM
Did anyone hear anything from Gree on this issue? CJ, if you're there this is a huge one. Thanks

I got a email back saying they are aware and be patient... PATIENT MY A.... well you know...

Khamul
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Yeah I got a similar mail.
We are closing this issue because we are aware and solution is in the pipe...
Like: hush you idiot we determine when we think this is important, be glad when you can play again as we decide you to.

Ssne
03-05-2013, 12:21 PM
I can now log in (sort of). I can see ghost images of my kingdom, a scratcher that I can't scratch, and all my unused energy just waiting to be spent on the quest. It just spins and spins, while connection is great (MW working fine).

procsyzarc
03-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Come on this should be top priority by Gree's own definitions of priorities ie a bug that makes the game completely unplayable also its effecting a lot of players not just one.

Most fustrating part is was well on track to finish heroic mode and had just got to the point where the rewards were getting good but this wasted time means that won't happen now and don't think i bring myself to use extra gems to finish because of a problem on their side

procsyzarc
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
EDIT: Can now get into game but mobs for LTQ don't appear. Can we get our lost day back?

Khamul
03-05-2013, 12:46 PM
It seems to work for me now. I can enter the game. Everything is still there. Quests are working alright. Graphics are a bit laggy.

Ssne
03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Just got it working in full. Mobs were invisible but hittable. Proc's question about the lost day still stands though.

SangerPride
03-05-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm finally in . I think it takes time to repopulate everything and it doesn't help I'm doing it from 30 thousand feet up. Lol. I really hope Gree makes this right and not just this whole we know its a problem no back to filling our coffers with your cash and shush!

Milamber
03-05-2013, 02:28 PM
Greeted by all of the expected... razed buildings, lost time on the LTQ.

Now, about the 24 hours we lost on the LTQ... One that I thought I might have been able to actually finish on heroic?

Can someone from Funzio actually respond on this issue?

Thanks