PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I see what I win in the pop-up?

Brugernavn
03-22-2013, 01:50 AM
When you complete a quest a pop-up appears and you can see a chest with the name of what you have won. Why is it I can't SEE what I have won? I have to find it in my inventory and when I only got a name to go by I can be hard to tell weather to look in the infantry or magic section or if it was actually a sword I won.

Am I missing something?

GreenGuru
03-22-2013, 02:18 AM
When you complete a quest a pop-up appears and you can see a chest with the name of what you have won. Why is it I can't SEE what I have won? I have to find it in my inventory and when I only got a name to go by I can be hard to tell weather to look in the infantry or magic section or if it was actually a sword I won.

Am I missing something?

Nope, you are comparing the winning of units in the boss event to the completion of quests in a PvE LTQ/LTE. It has never allowed you to SEE the unit that you win in a PvE event, that is strictly for when you win random units in a boss event or in box events sometimes.

Brugernavn
03-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Do you know how that can be, is it just to annoy people? I mean, what is the point of not being able to see it right away?

jonny0284
03-22-2013, 03:14 AM
So, we can make a thread about it? Does it affect gameplay? No. Does it make us have to look at our inventory for a few minutes? Sure. Does the unit hand me a tissue to wipe my screen of the tears? No.

Rastlin
03-22-2013, 03:22 AM
Does the unit hand me a tissue to wipe my screen of the tears? No.
So you never got the "Mr. Hanky" Unit?

Ruston
03-22-2013, 04:13 AM
So you never got the "Mr. Hanky" Unit?

Now that would be awesome... i trade all my other christmas eventunits (rudolph and co) för a mr. Hankey.

Attacking and looting other players with a jolly Hidey-hoo!..

phopjon
03-22-2013, 11:45 AM
It's not a bad idea. It actually seems like a great idea. It would improve gameplay, in my opinion. I don't have any idea how to program a game or what would be involved in adding this feature, but conceptually it seems doable and would be pretty sweet.

I know Brungernaven could have been a little more tactful in structuring his complaint, but a good idea is a good idea is a good idea.

GreenGuru
03-22-2013, 12:01 PM
It really would only help for us who try listing the units in event threads or spreadsheet databases. In the end you still should search your unit list for the unit to make sure you have it due to the numerous occasions when a pop-up says you won the unit but then it didn't show up in your inventory. You want to make sure you actually have the unit you won. A better idea would be what everyone has been requesting for a while which is to list the units in the inventory alphabetically so that they would be easier to find.

Dexter Morgan
03-22-2013, 12:10 PM
So, we can make a thread about it? Does it affect gameplay? No. Does it make us have to look at our inventory for a few minutes? Sure. Does the unit hand me a tissue to wipe my screen of the tears? No.

Why don't you avoid the forums? All you seem to do is suggest everyone is crying and complaining on every thread, when you are they one complaining about the people complaining. Makes no sense.

jonny0284
03-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Why don't you avoid the forums?

I can't.

All you seem to do is suggest everyone is crying and complaining on every thread,

Not every. But, the coincidence of a new thread popping up about an LTQ that contains any form of grievance is...100%.

when you are the one complaining about the people complaining.

So, I fit in, no? ;)

itsaklayton
03-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Johnny, you are perfect just the way you are. People, play the game, or don't. The ball is in your court.

phopjon
03-22-2013, 02:06 PM
A better idea would be what everyone has been requesting for a while which is to list the units in the inventory alphabetically so that they would be easier to find.

I agree with that even more than the first thing!

And there's no way I'm searching the list as it's currently formatted for units to make sure they show up. I'll live without the unit. Well, maybe not live, but survive.

Shinazueli
03-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Why don't you avoid the forums? All you seem to do is suggest everyone is crying and complaining on every thread, when you are they one complaining about the people complaining. Makes no sense.

Or... People could look around and read the forums and quit crying about something they've only played for a month. Because its obvious to anyone that can read that they don't give a **** about the players, so whining here does nothing but annoy the rest of the forum.

JPFAS
03-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Still, a search/sort/zoom feature would be nice. I like browsing units. I like how they look. I would like to be able to play a little bit more with them. I'm not complaining, just making a suggestion.

Shinazueli
03-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Suggestions are a cool way of communicating with the developers (not that they listen) about what we'd really like to see added to the game. However, there is a fine line between "suggestions" and whining. Please don't cross it, you'll only annoy those who've been dealing with it for far longer.

Shinazueli
03-22-2013, 02:52 PM
Suggestion : please don't push updates to games with "bug fixes" as your only comment. Please exhaustively exasperatingly elucidate the exact elements you are changing. A lot of players have put a fair bit of time into your game, and we'd appreciate a "patch notes" like every other game in existence. Thanks.

phopjon
03-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow! Touchy crowd here. What does it bother you if people make note of things they think would be cool to change without combing through the entire, huge forum to see if anyone else has said the same thing? Of course GREE isn't going to add these features, but sometimes it's nice to be able to vent.

Mr.Grumpy
03-23-2013, 12:26 AM
i can't believe gree screwed us over again. we want the alphabet!—in alphabetical order dammit!

and also the pop-up idea is good too.

Shinazueli
03-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Wow! Touchy crowd here. What does it bother you if people make note of things they think would be cool to change without combing through the entire, huge forum to see if anyone else has said the same thing? Of course GREE isn't going to add these features, but sometimes it's nice to be able to vent.

Because some of us have come here most every day for a year and post for the sole reason of contributing to that "huge forum" so that people when they first come here can simply read their desired information. Literally everything you need to know to play this game well as a free player is stickied at the top. It's annoying when people are too lazy to read.

Seryna
03-24-2013, 11:40 PM
I like jonny's comments...he makes the forum that much more entertaining lol

Rastlin
03-25-2013, 04:55 AM
I like jonny's comments...he makes the forum that much more entertaining lol
I completely agree! <thumbs up!>