PDA

View Full Version : Gem War and Skill War

TempusDA
04-04-2013, 12:11 AM
Ok money needs to be made have the wars with gems. Make them 3 days not 5 days, some of us want a life while enjoying the game.

What I would like to see maybe once every 2 months or 3 months even, a short 1 or 2 day war event where gems did not effect the war. Pure skill.

Have the gem wars, but please make a war based on skill as well, with no gems. Let us find out which guild truly has good team work and skills.

Dracos
04-04-2013, 12:26 AM
if you don't use gems the same guilds will win. the top 25 or so guilds have most of there members 300k+ def the top 4 its even higher. It doesn't matter how much"skill" you have when your whole guild can only atk 5 out of 48 people and the other guild can attack just about any one from your guild you will lose 100% of the time.

Ruston
04-04-2013, 12:35 AM
there is no such thing as skill in an appgame...
There are only various levels of understanding the game mechanics.

If you want a truly fair event, make it pure luckbased and eliminate the gem-options on it.

TempusDA
04-04-2013, 01:10 AM
I disagree teamwork is important having a clear line of communication with guild members. Having a large guild where people don't work together and a smaller guild that works in unison plays a huge roll, the smaller guild will win. Knowing how to distribute your skill points plays a factor in beating an opponent that has a higher Def than your ATK. Coordinating attacks knowing which people to target. Having a person scout targets for the guild there are a lot of little factors that can turn the tide in a war.

If you read the forums you will see that it is possible tho it takes patience and SKILL to achieve higher than 300k stats without spending on gems.

Of course it will be hard for a guild with members that have and average of 200k ATK/DEF vrs a guild with 300K average. It is about testing your skills against your peers. Enjoying the battle testing your skill against your peers you dont have to be #1 to enjoy a tournament. If you want spot 1 to compete against guilds with 300K stats raise your stats to compete against them but on your way to getting there wouldn't it be nice to see how you do against guilds that are of similar strengths. If you are a white belt don't complain about black belts being above you train with people in your skill level, train with people above your skill level and you will b e that black belt one day.

Best way to get better is to challenge your self against opponents that are stronger learn how to compensate.

I would rather earn my black belt through dedication than pay someone to give it to me.

VileDoom
04-04-2013, 01:14 AM
Coordination is a huge factor. I would thoroughly enjoy playing in one of these events that restricted gem use.

Dracos
04-04-2013, 01:20 AM
they would have to give you more than 6 attacks an hr. or this would be a very boring event. small guilds wouldn't be able to scout, and there couldnt be any walls.

TempusDA
04-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Make your guild bigger, you get what you put into your guild.

The only true limitation you have in life are ones you set for yourself, unless you allow others to put limitations on you. Most of the great people in history decide for them selves what they can and cannot do, and break free of the limitations others try to impose on them.

Proprioc3ption
04-04-2013, 01:39 AM
If you want to play a skill based game, come an play Sartcraft II with me.
Because the honest to God truth here is that this is a shell of a game where maximum profit is the only goal for the developer. Sad I know..

Dracos
04-04-2013, 01:43 AM
Im in a top 25 guild. are you saying to hack the game to get around the 6 hit per hr limitation? doyou agree that they would have to do away with walls? the way the war is set up now you need gems to play. how would you set up a no gem war? If you want I'm sure I can come up with a set up that would work.

TempusDA
04-04-2013, 02:00 AM
Well they could create a new system. If you have enough players fighting together you can take down a wall and the DL without gems. We did it many times during the event. It is possible to fight the war as is without gems cause Ive fought a few battles during the event with out gems.

A new different war with different method would be nice as well. Let us know what you think would be a good method I would like to hear what you have in mind.

By the way thanks for adding your spreadsheet to the collection loved your work.

Dracos
04-04-2013, 02:52 AM
Ok here is a a game set up. I didn't give this much though so the ideas are flushed out.
1. keep wall and defenders
2. each atk cost 10 instead of 25. This will put the max attacks from 6 to 16 and keep players in the game. it can be boring waiting 25 mins for regen.
3.Each team will Pick a members kingdom. If the team A finds and destroys the castle everyone on Team A gets a 10% bonus to their CPs. Team B can stop the bonus my finding team As castle. Once both castle are destroyed the the another is randomly picked.
4.a the more you hit one person the less points you get. this way teams just don't find one punching bag. lets say every 10 hit he give 10% less points for 5 mins. if you hit him 50 times then he is giving you 50%less points for 25 mins. if you dont hit him then in 25 mins he will reset.
4b or your can kill people and take them out of the game. lets say every 5 successful atk you take a player out for a set amount of time.
5. have win loss account for 50% of the rankings. So teams just wont go into battle and not fight to try and get 5k Cps.
thats all I can think of right now, again I din't think these things all the way through, and this is more of a out line of a non gem game. Hell this would even work for a gem game

Ruston
04-04-2013, 03:55 AM
There is no event of any kind this far that cannot be boosted by money, and even if they invented a gemfree event the gemdrudges would still come to the starterline with 3x your stats.

Skill is not the right word to label any progressive moves in here as a monkey could come out as an above average player just from reading the forum (without even playing the game itself).

The only way to make an atleast close to fair event would be to make a stone-paper-scissors duel kindof war without any gemoptions.

Luck is the word, not skill..

jonny0284
04-04-2013, 05:46 AM
Yeah, let's have free events! And, the prizes max out at 200/200.

And! Let's have Gems events where the prizes max out at 2000/2000.

And, then some of us can do both! SOUNDS PERFECT! :D

Ruston
04-04-2013, 05:55 AM
Lets not forge the eventroster into some sort of special olympics now gentlemen^^

Greybeard
04-04-2013, 06:02 AM
there is no such thing as skill in an appgame...
There are only various levels of understanding the game mechanics.

If you want a truly fair event, make it pure luckbased and eliminate the gem-options on it.

I would have to agree with you and Proprioc3ption there, no such thing as a skill based app. They are made to make money and they do that well or they fail. This one and many other Gree'd games actually give that mirage feeling of accomplishing something but, all you have accomplished is lowering your bank account a little more! (gem spenders, that is)

sparckle
04-04-2013, 08:09 AM
If you want to play a skill based game, come an play Sartcraft II with me.
Because the honest to God truth here is that this is a shell of a game where maximum profit is the only goal for the developer. Sad I know..

I agree with you. Starcraft 2 is pretty hectic. The skillcap is infinitely high!

sparckle
04-04-2013, 08:12 AM
I would have to agree with you and Proprioc3ption there, no such thing as a skill based app. They are made to make money and they do that well or they fail. This one and many other Gree'd games actually give that mirage feeling of accomplishing something but, all you have accomplished is lowering your bank account a little more! (gem spenders, that is)

^ This.

Well done for being one of the few forumites who have woken up to the truth. *cyber high-five*

TempusDA
04-05-2013, 12:13 AM
What can I say. Hmmm...

1. You can go through life and complain about things and do nothing to promote or create change, following the illusions and brainwashing that change is impossible.

2. You can complain about things and then tell the people that are trying to change the things you complain about how it is a waste of time and it is impossible. Not only do these people to do nothing to change the things they don't like they do there best to hinder the people that try, and without clear understanding they become part of the problem not the solution to the things they dislike.

3. You can stand up and take action and help bring about change in the things you dislike, even the things that seem impossible.

I opt for number 3.

My two free gems.

Tempus

TempusDA
04-05-2013, 12:56 AM
There is skill to be applied to everything you do in life if you choose to apply your self and observe what you are doing and try to find a better way to do it. Even the things that seem to only be effected by pure luck some people develop and explainable skill or feel if you will to increase their chance at success.

In this game you can even develop skills in how to best spend the precious gems one gets by watching videos, doing surveys, or purchasing. For example. If you spend gems at the beginning of some LTQs when you defeat mobs with one hit and lose no extra energy and when you are fighting mobs that only take a few energy points from you when they strike back. You can then spend time in stead of gems to hit the mobs that strike back with heavy energy loss, you could even get a countdown timer, divide the energy it takes to hit a mob by three and set the timer for that many minutes, warning only do this if you have time and patience :P. Then when you get to the easy mobs in heroic use gems again till the mob hits take a lot of energy, switch to no gems use the timer. If time for the event is running out and you want to finish to the end spend gems again.

War. You can organize your guild have the right person with the stats necessary to take down the DL without gems if the DL is weaker than your best hitter. If the DL is to strong you could ask your 2 weakest players that may not win many points to use mega hits against the DL then they will still have 2 free hits left before the end of the war. You could have your second strongest hitter to scout starting with the highest level rivals cause they give the best points, then have them report the name of the rival or the position of the rival if they all have the same names, and what level they are and what their Def stat is. You could tell people to not hit the dl or rivals till the wall is down so everyone gets full points. You could choose to use a secure group chat room to communicate real time. If you have people with time and effort you could creat spreadsheets with guild names and the best hits so you dont have to waste time when you face the same rival again. etc etc etc

There are people without hacking or cheating that have gotten stats to over 400k by learning the game and applying skill and knowledge to how they play.

If you haven't found skill in this game or war event then you aren't applying yourself to the game and maybe even possibly in life.

I know gree needs to make money they are a business they need to make money to keep the business going and whats the point to creating a business if you arn't making at least some profit or even making large profit. Gem wars are good it keeps them going it's fine i will participate in gem wars I even buy gems when i want and if it wont effect my budget in a bad way.

I would how ever like to see a gem free war as well, not cause i don't want to spend gems, spent gems in the last war, I spend gems in the LTQ and LTE I like tho I like to get the bang for the gem I spend. I want to see an ocassional gem free war as well as the gem wars, to see who has the skills to apply in the wars. A weaker guild with fewer members can take out guilds with more mebers when they apply what they know and the guild has a good team structure.

Some of the guilds that placed really high I am sure a lot of them got there for more than just spending a lot in gems I am sure a lot of them applied what they know about the game and added gems to that. Of course if you have a 3 member guild and your stat average is 150k your not gonna place at the top, but you can test your self against guilds of similar level. If you want to get to the top then build a good guild with good members apply the things you learn about the game to make your character better then eventually maybe you will be that number 1 guild.

If the game was only filled with people that spend a lot on gems then the game would prob eventually fade away. IT would be good for gree to make events thant don't require gems to add to the ones that do require gems to keep the population of the game high and thus making it more enjoyable for everyone.

I am trying to offer a way that will help make the game better for everyone. I added a poll well cause to a business numbers mean more than words. The words are for the players the numbers are for gree. If you like the idea and would like to be a part of the solution to help make the game better vote yes. If you don't like the Idea then vote no. If we get enough yes and this post floats back to the top a lot I bet gree will take a look and who knows maybe even try it out. If you want to express why you think this is not a good Idea then go ahead every one should have a voice, I welcome it. If post of reasons why this won't work or why it is a bad Idea, I will probably post a counter to why it is a good Idea and why it will work.

Voice what you think and I will voice what I think, I do believe in the rights of free speech.

If you decide to make a different post about something you would like to see changed or have an idea for something that might make the game better add a poll to your thread it will get the point across to gree much faster. :)

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read this post and that took the time to vote, yes even the ones that voted against.

Tempus

sparckle
04-05-2013, 04:18 AM
^ Double posting to make sure the message gets through?

You're too obsessed with this game. It takes more skill to use a can opener than to play this app. People with 400k+ stats are those that are compulsively addicted to swiping their credit card. Even an idiot can figure out LTQs give the best bang for your gems. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

Ruston
04-05-2013, 04:42 AM
From the right point of view flicking a lightswitch or hitting an elevatorbutton could be a manifestation of skill..

I understand that it would be a +100 to the e-shaft to be able to say things like "i totally pwned half RK or F.U.N in a contest", but seeing the games backbone/structure/mechanics the only contest non-gemmers would stand a chance in would be counterproductive/non useful stuff since every stat that contributes to pve/pvp progress can be boosted by paying gems in one or another way.

They could "as a tribute to those who dont use gems" have an event called "counterproductive day" where you start with 100'000 points, and everytime a building of yours gets raided/sacked or you lose a duel you get points subtracted from your total score.. and the first to hit 0 win the grand prize, the following 25 gets 2nd price, and the event will end once 500 lost all their 100k..

TempusDA
04-05-2013, 04:55 AM
^ Double posting to make sure the message gets through?

You're too obsessed with this game. It takes more skill to use a can opener than to play this app. People with 400k+ stats are those that are compulsively addicted to swiping their credit card. Even an idiot can figure out LTQs give the best bang for your gems. Sorry for bursting your bubble.

No my internet was glitchy. Sometimes when there is a slow connection there is an echo post. I have had it happen before when sending a message to someone as well. The echo is deleted.

As far as you saying that 400K players are people that are addicted to swiping their credit cards if you look through the forums you will see where people have posted players that have achieved higher than 400K stats no gems bought so it is possible also some have even posted how you can achieve this. Read and search the forums and you may learn something new.

sparckle
04-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Those 400k+ players have over-leveled and will be appetizers for the whales.

No gems = no dominance. I hope you realize this some day.