PDA

View Full Version : Tips on making your Breeding Den 9 and 10 (Dragons) runs

Rastlin
04-08-2013, 02:16 PM
Getting my Breeding Den 10 (BD10), there was a few things that really helped me. I would not even start a BD run until the below are ready:

I lowered my allies so I could see weaker opponents to raid. I found that 495 was my magic number, and I now run that amount at all times for raiding even now with having my BD10. Some say 299 is the best ally count to have when going for your run. So play around until you find what works best for you.
Raid, Raid, Raid... I can not say it enough, you must be very comfortable with raiding! You will never make the amount of gold you will need if you do not raid. *My tip on raiding, is never just attack someone! Instead click on raid first, and then click to their stats. If see you are able to attack them, then hit them if they are over vault or raid their buildings. However if their stats are to high, then move on to the next player. But never just randomly attack someone without looking at their stats first.
Make sure your vault is at 330,000 gold before you start your run.
Make sure your Lumber Mill is a level 10.
Be ready for people to raid you once you go over vault. It is going to happen, nothing you can do to stop it. Accept it and don't worry about it. Once you are attacked 11 times, you can not be hit for another 4 hours. So just make sure you are raiding more than you are losing and you will be OK.
Have monsters in high level maps knocked down to were you will only need one hit to finish them. Leave them like that until you have almost enough gold to finish your run, and then hit them all with full health. This will make you hopefully another 50,000 gold in under 3 minutes.
Do not have any buildings in the process of being upgraded when you are doing your run. Imaging finally having enough gold to make your upgrade to BD10, and you are stuck sitting on all that gold waiting for another building to be finished.
Lastly, don't forget you can buy gold in the game. I personally spent $19.99 on a Bag of Gold (221,157 gold). I was sitting on over 1,100,000 gold in my bank and I didn't want to spend the next few hours raiding for the rest I needed (or worry about someone raiding me and taking what I already had).

These are the things that helped me go from my BD8 to my BD10 in 2 1/2 days.

Kjctnorris
04-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm pretty sure you get eight hours of "too weak" time. At least that's the case I've encountered when looting people over vault.

Edit: also, since we're being helpful here, I'll leave this tip with regard to raiding. How many deer hunters go hunting at noon? There's a reason they go hunting at certain times - there's more deer out at those times. If you can't get what I'm saying... Never mind.

MidnightExpress
04-08-2013, 02:29 PM
Well said..

Ogee
04-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Good info thank you for sharing

Icecauldron
04-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Great info

Mr.Grumpy
04-08-2013, 07:49 PM
it's so much more difficult now with everyone raiding for their guilds. when i made my runs i was barely attacked at all.

Denerio9
04-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Almost thought you were going to ask me for tips
For my other game ha ha funny its ok @ least you made
Me laugh with tears too ha ha yea
Den

Ruston
04-08-2013, 11:33 PM
I think the new new flavour is to expect to get hit but work quickly inside the immune timeframe, not like before and think you can do it unnoticed.

NicholasFlamel
04-09-2013, 02:39 AM
Very informative. Thanks for sharing!

Angel 2
04-09-2013, 03:13 AM
Thanks for sharing Raistlin. You can also sell buildings, although you only get half the last upgrade value and you lose the time and incur future expense to rebuild...

Q-Ball
04-09-2013, 07:38 AM
well said... bumping this so hopefully it circumvents anymore "raise the vault limit" threads.

Dragon Buster
04-09-2013, 10:26 AM
Although there seems to be a bug (or a feature if GREE is too lazy to fix it). A number of my guild members reported that when they sold their manors they got less than 1/2 of purchase price when it should've been 1/2 of the last upgrade cost. Could be due to the fact that our guild bought 22% reduction of building cost... that's some bonus than. :mad:

-OP-
04-09-2013, 10:42 AM
I am pleased to announce that I was awaken this morning by the sound of mewling dragons....
Level 81
189k attack
18.9K income

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Prepped and farmed 4 maps to get there.

Klassenr@hotmail.com
04-09-2013, 10:54 AM
I am pleased to announce that I was awaken this morning by the sound of mewling dragons....
Level 81
189k attack
18.9K income

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Prepped and farmed 4 maps to get there.

Congrats! I just finished a 1.4 mil run for a Winemaker this a.m.. Yes you take loses but its still achievable. You should repost your message in the 'raise the vault limit thread.' A lot of 'naysayers' there saying noone can overvault anymore.

Shinazueli
04-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Although there seems to be a bug (or a feature if GREE is too lazy to fix it). A number of my guild members reported that when they sold their manors they got less than 1/2 of purchase price when it should've been 1/2 of the last upgrade cost. Could be due to the fact that our guild bought 22% reduction of building cost... that's some bonus than. :mad:

Yes, the selling price has historically always been half the unaltered purchase price, but they've added in the guild bonus to that calculation now. Probably because it was too good of a deal.

Dragon Buster
04-09-2013, 12:04 PM
Yes, the selling price has historically always been half the unaltered purchase price, but they've added in the guild bonus to that calculation now. Probably because it was too good of a deal.

Well... in that case, every thread of this forum on the subject of selling manors (except for this one) is spreading lies.

Rastlin
04-09-2013, 01:03 PM
Level 81
189k attack
18.9K income

Congrats! :)

Kjctnorris
04-09-2013, 01:07 PM
Level 81
189k attack
18.9K income

Thanks to everyone for the great advice. Prepped and farmed 4 maps to get there.This guy is clearly lying. There are multiple threads saying it can no longer be done. /sarcasm

Rastlin
04-09-2013, 05:44 PM
well said... bumping this so hopefully it circumvents anymore "raise the vault limit" threads.
I agree. This needs to stay at the top for all of the people that say they can not do it without a vault increase. But the funny thing is even if they get a 1 million dollar vault, those people will still never make it because they do not understand the fundamentals of making it.

Krissy
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
Heck yes it can be done. I finished my run 2 weeks ago. Level 147. Full vault timed synched gold buildings. Farmed maps and Raided. Then sold 2 level 3 manors, level 8 temple and level 9 breeding den. All in the space of an hour at 3 am. I was never touched.

goowokji
04-09-2013, 07:11 PM
These are the things that helped me go from my BD8 to my BD10 in 2 1/2 days.

Hey Rastlin, thanks for all the tips but I was curious how you were able to upgrade from BD8 to BD10 in 2 1/2 days? Are the upgrade times that short or did you use gems?

Rastlin
04-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Hey Rastlin, thanks for all the tips but I was curious how you were able to upgrade from BD8 to BD10 in 2 1/2 days? Are the upgrade times that short or did you use gems?
I have two things that helped reduce my time. I have a Guild with +22% decrease in build time, and I won in the Guild Wars the Minotaur Berserker which adds Buildings Upgrade 20% Faster.

Seryna
04-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Really good tips Raistlin. They helped in getting my BD10 last night. While I agree it might be easier in the sense that with the guild bonuses its cheaper and that you can only be attacked for 12 times max now every 8 hours. It's harder in the sense that now that everyone is raiding to raise money for their guilds, its impossible to fly below the radar now. Also by reducing the max number of attacks it's also made it harder to get enough gold quickly. Also with the increased raiding people are collecting their buildings on time and vaulting more often so that makes it harder too. So overall, I guess it's as hard now as it was before just in different ways.

I would just add that it really helped to get the bosses to the last hit on the maps. I was able to get about 100,000 that way. Also it helps if you have the max guild bonus of reduced upgrade cost in addition to lumber mill at 10.

Rastlin
04-09-2013, 10:16 PM
my BD10 last night.
Congrats!! :)

-OP-
04-09-2013, 11:49 PM
I didn't sell any building but did do some raiding, pitiful as the results were. I focused on prepping the highest maps for the money and timing my income payouts. Stats must have helped because the 2 people who tried to attack me ended up leaving significant donations to my BD fund.

The vault does not need to be increased. As it is most money is quickly spent on upgrades, equipment, units or guilds. The key is to think out your strategy, read the experiences from others. I never would have thought about prepping my maps for money. Another big point is carry a big stick. If you are a small fry with money everyone and their sister will take it from you. If you got some muscle they might think twice. And do it during the week days instead of the weekend.

Of course I'm preaching to the choir here, after all it was thanks to all your threads I got here. Mahalo everyone!

Metajetta
04-10-2013, 12:38 AM
Very cool info! Been sitting at BD5 since a death in fam. Almost glad for break as it forced me to camp a much longer time than prob I would have (still level 71 and only that high from being tempted into LTQs lol). So upgrading things like ALL boost buildings, maxing ALL income buildings - I'm going to go ahead and keep on this current plan as the guilds have added that extra twist to raiding, as someone mentioned.

I have already dumped about half my allies. I was at level max +game max(!) now I'm weeding down to about 250. I've noticed a huge diff in getting hit and of course my attack list lol.

MindMachine
04-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Been reading these thread for a while..Currently upgrading to BD Lv9 hope I can be able to finish the run ;)

MerlinBlack
04-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Heck yes it can be done. I finished my run 2 weeks ago. Level 147. Full vault timed synched gold buildings. Farmed maps and Raided. Then sold 2 level 3 manors, level 8 temple and level 9 breeding den. All in the space of an hour at 3 am. I was never touched.
You sold your level 9 breeding den to upgrade it to level 10?

Ashley_Doll
04-10-2013, 02:20 PM
I have a tip that helped me out in my BD9 and 10 runs. I debated whether or not to do what I'm about to propose, but in the end, it did more good than harm. I posted on my own wall that I was going for the upgrades, so please hold off on attacks. Several people who probably would have attacked me instead posted on my wall things like "Good luck," and "I feel your pain." One in particular, after taking the max amount of gold possible from me, posted on my wall "Sorry, attacked before I saw you were saving for BD. I won't attack again." Those who did attack me and took my gold did not attack me a second time at any point during the runs, so they obviously weren't searching for me afterwards. There are more decent players than vindictive ones in this game, I believe, so playing on their humanity is a good way to keep people from attacking you while over vault.

Krissy
04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
errr beast kennel I mean sorry.

Rastlin
04-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Ashley_Doll that is a great idea. I know I wouldn't attack someone if I knew they were in the middle of a BD run if they posted it. All other type of runs however are fair game to me. :cool:

Seryna
04-10-2013, 10:16 PM
I have a tip that helped me out in my BD9 and 10 runs. I debated whether or not to do what I'm about to propose, but in the end, it did more good than harm. I posted on my own wall that I was going for the upgrades, so please hold off on attacks. Several people who probably would have attacked me instead posted on my wall things like "Good luck," and "I feel your pain." One in particular, after taking the max amount of gold possible from me, posted on my wall "Sorry, attacked before I saw you were saving for BD. I won't attack again." Those who did attack me and took my gold did not attack me a second time at any point during the runs, so they obviously weren't searching for me afterwards. There are more decent players than vindictive ones in this game, I believe, so playing on their humanity is a good way to keep people from attacking you while over vault.

That's a good idea but I usually never check a players wall before attacking them. I just look at their stats to see if I can beat them and then check their gold to see if they are over vault. One thing I forgot to add is that before or during your run, always send a polite ally request to someone who has higher stats then you. Also during my run, I was attacked and I immediately went to their kingdom and posted a message with my alliance Id asking to be allies. I noticed they immediately added me. They could have easily attacked me for the full 120,000 instead of just one attack for 9,900 but I think they realized when I asked to be allies right away after being attacked that I was going for a big upgrade and felt bad for me. So in return, if I was attacking someone and they asked nicely to be allies, I would add them since i know i appreciated it when others were nice to me. It never hurts to ask.

Tben64
04-11-2013, 02:41 AM
Such naiivity is touching!

emcee
04-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Best way is to stay under level 50 and develop economy and be the top 5% in your bracket by shoring up defenses and participating in events. Doesn't hurt to join a top guild and get prizes which should make you the top 1% or better and effectively makes banking unnecessary. Just upgrade from BD 1-10 straight through and have enough left to raise full dragon army in probably under 2 weeks depending on how many units you have better than dragons of course. Ideally you should have iph over 20k and your manors should be at least level 4. These are only suggestions for those taking a lower level camping approach to dragon breeding.

darknite
04-11-2013, 04:27 PM
[QUOTE=Kjctnorris;693589]I'm pretty sure you get eight hours of "too weak" time. At least that's the case I've encountered when looting people over vault.

going for my bd 9 upgrade ,are you sure that 'too weak time ' is 8 hours ? just got raided :( if its 4 hours there is no way im gona be able to get my level 9 bd.

Seryna
04-12-2013, 12:50 AM
[QUOTE=Kjctnorris;693589]I'm pretty sure you get eight hours of "too weak" time. At least that's the case I've encountered when looting people over vault.

going for my bd 9 upgrade ,are you sure that 'too weak time ' is 8 hours ? just got raided :( if its 4 hours there is no way im gona be able to get my level 9 bd.

I think you get 8 hours of too weak time. I got attacked for max of 12 hits and then a couple of minutes after 8 hours was attacked again. It's possible it was 4 hours of safe time and just coincidence that I wasn't attacked for another 4 hours but seems too coincidental. Now I think you can be raided at any time so always collect on your buildings. That is I have attacked a player until they were "too weak" but then I was still able to raid their buildings afterwards.

SpikedPunchVictim
04-12-2013, 01:26 AM
I need 10 posts. Never played a game that has a barrier to entry to post on their forums.

darknite
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=Seryna;700069][QUOTE=darknite;699523]
after you attack a player 12 times if you have stamina left you can raid player's buildings ,i just wanted make sure about too weak time . i sold my manors and got bd 9 upgrade :) . but now got stuck with s..ty income ,its gona take some time to spike my income again and go for level 10 bd.

MindMachine
04-12-2013, 01:44 PM
[QUOTE=Seryna;700069][QUOTE=darknite;699523]
after you attack a player 12 times if you have stamina left you can raid player's buildings ,i just wanted make sure about too weak time . i sold my manors and got bd 9 upgrade :) . but now got stuck with s..ty income ,its gona take some time to spike my income again and go for level 10 bd.

I feel you bro, I just did it 2 days ahead of you...it will take time for me to rebuild also..Currently rebuilding my second Lv 1 Manor..

groovdog
04-14-2013, 10:16 AM
My strat has been using gold from LTQ events. I am frontloading gem spending to rush through. Generated 500K in current one in an hr without really trying. Still on track to finish event with same general gem spend just using regen to finish.

Winstrol
04-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Best way is to stay under level 50 and develop economy and be the top 5% in your bracket by shoring up defenses and participating in events. Doesn't hurt to join a top guild and get prizes which should make you the top 1% or better and effectively makes banking unnecessary. Just upgrade from BD 1-10 straight through and have enough left to raise full dragon army in probably under 2 weeks depending on how many units you have better than dragons of course. Ideally you should have iph over 20k and your manors should be at least level 4. These are only suggestions for those taking a lower level camping approach to dragon breeding.
If you're under 50 with no BD10 , you cant do any events , you cant join top guild unless they're stupid .

LordB
04-14-2013, 10:32 AM
Maybe people going for BD10 can post their character name and level on here, with a request not to attack them? :-D

MkV395
04-14-2013, 10:48 AM
Is the BD10 worth it with all the LTQ prizes right now? What are the dragon Att/Def points?

LordB
04-14-2013, 11:22 AM
105/60 from memory

So, decreasingly worth the effort.

groovdog
04-14-2013, 02:20 PM
I am one of those looking at it. I have a basically indestructible army right now for 185ish allies. If I go to 500 it drops off precipitously. I figure dragons are worth 100K to me today. Obviously as time goes on that falls as LTQ units replace them. Its a function of your army mix. I fully expect they will get replaced but I would hope that there is either a BD11 (prob with a vault increase to make it a stretch but not an ultra stretch) or new units in BD10. The cash game is basically dead except guild contributions. Working in new units/unit buildings/income buildings could flush some new life into this game. It would make free players stronger which would give light gold or heavier spending recent beginners like me more to do while letting those guys progress as well.

Probably depends on can they code it which kind of makes me shake a little bit. I can just see the explosions going of as the new lines of code go live :)

groovdog
04-14-2013, 02:23 PM
105/60 from memory

So, decreasingly worth the effort.
105/69 not that the 9 matters a whole lot

LordB
04-14-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm old enough to count that as a win

groovdog
04-14-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm old enough to count that as a winROFL. I only know because I am looking at them right now. And I hear ya.

boneshaker
04-15-2013, 03:16 PM
I just got my BD10 upgrade and it was a pain. I think the LTQ actually helped though because people were more focused on doing the quests than raiding. I camped for a 4-5 months between lvl 53-58 but that's when they came out with the guilds and LTQ's. In the beginning I rarely got hit by anyone stronger than me... maybe once per week but usually less. After those months I got comparatively weaker so I started doing the LTQ's to catch up. As a free player you just can't buy or camp your way to a 100k/100k army. At least I couldn't. I have over 350 Hawkslayer armor and a sea of High Priests but still only around 50k att/ 80k def. Not strong enough to stay overvaulted for any period of time now that I'm lvl 64. So I sold my 2 Lvl 3 manors for the BD9, built them back up again and then sold them and a lvl5 Lender to get the bd10.

The lvl 10 BD has definitely been watered down by the LTQ's. And the stock quests... why would anyone do those? That would be a huge mistake because it would level you without the massive units you get for LTQ's.