PDA

View Full Version : KA - starting over - raiding only strategy - thoughts?

Valsta
04-15-2013, 10:53 AM
My current game - lvl 91 - 90K stats - took me over a year and am tired of semi-camping… So,

I've started a second game, bought some gems (one time purchase… i'm not a cash player in general), bought 11 of the current limited edition 55 gem houndogs (? 120ish stats), and have been raiding nonstop for the past 2 days. Kind of just for fun, but I quickly realized that the units I acquired during raids are far superior to anything I can buy myself. I've already acquired 15 Berserkers, which are a level 9 upgrade. I have not done a single map quest, mainly to reduce the speed of leveling up. Currently I am at lvl 16 with 4K stats. I was raiding a lot of big gold deposit buildings also, but have stopped because I don't get units plus I can't spend it anyway… Acquired 100k a day, but I have nothing to spend it on! I do belong to a Guild and therefor I have dumped virtually all of it there. I have used all of my level up points for stamina, which I now have 20, and I will now put all the rest towards strength. I'm thinking of continuing on with this strategy until I either become to low in stats compared to rivals or until I hit level 50 at which point I may camp, purchase the Breeding Den and upgrade it till I get dragons.

So, have you ever read of someone trying this? Do I even stand a chance? I really don't want to go back to a semi camping state like my other game… really got boring after awhile.

Valsta
04-15-2013, 10:54 AM
4/16 -
Guess I'm on day 4 now - lvl 20 - 5,500 stats - 67 allies. Running into a lot of HUGE whales down here… one guy had BILLIONS in Gold… Yes with a "B". Several others are 15Million +. At first I was worried running around with all this excess gold in my pockets, but now I realize that these guys don't even budge let alone get out there and look for someone to fight. However, I found a spot for my gold… I'm buying expensive armor and weapons for my units. Never thought of that before because it seemed like a waste, but now I've found that it really increases my stats quickly. Still have yet to play any map quests for the same reason… trying to slow the leveling. Considering adding 4 more points to stamina since I can now hit players 12 times each. Still have yet to buy a single unit because I pick up 3-4 per rival attack.

4/20 -
lvl 27, ATT:7822, DEF: 8165, Allies: 113… Still only attacking PVP (No maps at all) and still have yet to buy a single unit. Picking them all up from PVP and spending Gold on most expensive armor and weapons I can to help boost stats. Infantry boost currently upgrading to level 4, purchased Temple and water temple. Wish I would have started boost building upgrade sooner… previously was trying to upgrade lumber mill and money buildings but realize that was not the goal.

4/29 - playing the recent LTQ really helped my stats, got to like 27/40 only though
Level 39
Attack 22044 Defense 21633
Hero Strength 43, Stamina 20, def/att 1
Battle wins 3087 Loses 211 (loses primarily Guild wars)
alliances 143
weapons and armor 455
honor credits 12,511 (waiting to spend until good units open)
IPH 1008
Boost buildings: infantry lvl9, beast lvl 3 (and upgrading),
Still haven't bought a single unit!!! Loot only units still better and since I am upgrading boost buildings I am not upgrading any unit buildings. Goal still to get to level 50, buy BD and upgrade it till I can buy dragon's!!!

5/18/13
Just a little over 1 month and I've hit 100k Attack stats
Level 69
Att - 100451 Def - 87645
345 allies (max for level) weapons and armor also maxed
Battles won: 4357 Raids 1282
Boost buildings: blacksmith 10, Temple 4, engineering 6, Beast 5
Gnomish Lab: level 6 - all other unit buildings no upgrade
Gold buildings - increased one silo to 6, but stopped to pursue upgrading boost buildings.
Purchased units: Flaming Trebuchets 280
Honor units: Cannons 42 - decided not to save them anymore since the better honor units aren't indestructible.

Clearly since the addition of new units my strategy has changed. As you can see I upgraded Gnomish lab to get Flaming Trebuchets, what I saw as the best buy to increase stats quickly with my previous game. Lucky me… with the new battering ram that is. Still holding off on upgrading GL10 to increase boost buildings a bit more, but as I'm typing this I realize I need to switch gears and go for GL10!!! Our Guild placed in top 400 the past 2 wars so I got a lot of good units there. Nothing has boosted me more than the events though… unbelievable units. Still not playing the maps (other than events) still acquiring a fortune from PVP and raiding, in fact I think I'm gonna sell off my gold buildings just to make a point… I don't even bother collecting them most of the time anyways. The biggest thrill I get out of the game now is attacking a player and seeing "9900 Gold" pop up.

6/11/13
Level 75
Attack: 151413 Defense: 130727
Battles won: 5469 Raids: 1827
Made a run for GL9 with a 33k vault limit and made it first try… in a day no less. However, right after that I was unable to find any gold??? Got bored seeking it out and gave up on GL10 for the moment. I think it was the LTQ that gave out huge gold payments that allowed me to make the GL9 run and since then there haven't been any events like it and everyone vaults… Current Vault limit is 83k and I just don't see how I would make the GL10 run since I still get hit every couple days by someone stronger… My strategy seems to be falling apart a bit.
Kicking butt in Boss events thought… made it to level 26 this last one (no gems) and won the bonus.
Starting to buy gold buildings and upgrading lumber mill in the time being, currently lvl 7.

8/8/13
lvl 103
Att 588k Def592k
battles won 9923 raids1929
Wow… I didn't realize how much I had grown so fast. Only about two months and increased my stats 4 fold. Still not many Gold buildings upgraded… put my sites on boost buildings instead… water temple level 4, 2 others at level 9, the rest are level 10. Vault size 490k. Putting my sites on gold buildings now to afford the contribution requirements in my new guild home.

Any suggestions???

Winstrol
04-15-2013, 11:05 AM
90k stats after year of playing ? go and delete your game .

chbranch
04-15-2013, 11:10 AM
I think each players gameplay is their own. I have a level 67 account at 63k attack with 50 alliances members that I just have been playing the LTQs and boss events. I'm not sure how I rank at my level but I like doing these events. I started a low level semi-camping account that's level 20 at 18K, that just does boss events to a certain boss and it's kinda boring. Even though I've leveled alot just doing the LTQs on my level 67 account I've gotten ALOT of nice units that I could not have got from camping.

Kjctnorris
04-15-2013, 11:24 AM
Why don't you camp at the lower levels and upgrade your unit buildings so you can buy those units, armor, and weapons until you can run all the way through the boss events? Lower levels have a much easier time going through boss events than higher levels.

Valsta
04-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Hmmm… It feels like a year if it hasn't been. I've run into lots of players in the same situation, surprised at your post. This is a "free play" game… no gems purchases for units. Basically camped a lot, made a lot of upgrades… I've got Manors and playhouses and just about everything you can buy, but the upgrade time takes so long I can't see doing it much faster.

Where are you at? What did you do to get there… that is the question and why I made the post.

Valsta
04-15-2013, 01:14 PM
Why don't you camp at the lower levels and upgrade your unit buildings so you can buy those units, armor, and weapons until you can run all the way through the boss events? Lower levels have a much easier time going through boss events than higher levels.

Like I said… I don't feel like camping any more… I want to play, fight, take gold… etc.

The question is, "How far can I go just on battling rivals for gold and loot units"?

Dexter Morgan
04-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Don't neglect the ltq, you get much better units in the ltq than you can get anywhere else. Anyone that is still camping is really getting pushed further and further behind those that are doing them

garen argon
04-15-2013, 03:34 PM
Been playing for approx 2-1/2 months. Never camped, never spent any money on gems. Level 107, 88 alies, 160k+ atk, 158k+ def.

I've benefited from the LTE/LTQ events.

Play the way you like and have fun

sparckle
04-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Just leave the OP alone. If he wants to put himself at detriment, it's his loss.

DaHoosier
04-16-2013, 10:31 AM
Put every point into hero strength. Only do boss events and LTE events, nothing else. Took my old camper account from level 12 to level 40 and 50k stats in the last month. Did not put any money into unit building or units. Just 12/24/48 building upgrades and the lumber mill.

The new event structure with back to back events makes it much easier.

phopjon
04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
Play the way you like and have fun

Well said Garen. This should be the KA creed.

Johan -
04-17-2013, 12:35 AM
Hello,
Well, I play for 4 months now and I my strategy was: going for my quest health and upgrading my unit buildings & thebuildings which increased my units power, important thing for me was getting my stats up as quick as possible! Now I have my BD lv.10 and buy daily some more dragons and weapons/armor + I try to come as far as possible with every LTQ, the units I win from there have most of the time very high stats! Means that beside my beast units, the other units are totally not interesting anymore for me, they don't add anything to my stats as all of them have lower att/deff rate. Meanwhile I have started to upgrade my money buildings...Think my strategy in this KA time is good, as I don't find many rivals in lv.114 with higher stats than me...strange enough there are many rivals with att/def stats of below the 60K, they upgraded their money buildings, but if you ask me they choose a wrong strategy and are way to weak.

Voxker
04-19-2013, 06:42 PM
huh... ive been playing since september of 2012, im at 163k/179k atk/def at level 123, i see alot of people at my level with 50-60k atk and def, its sad to see that they dont take advantage of these events that give out ridiculous units, like the anniversary of evil event and bard's song gave me SOOOO much stats.

so take advantage of events, timing on your level-ups for an energy refill and getting free gems from installing + running apps will help you alot getting further in events.

Seryna
04-19-2013, 11:38 PM
I know someone that took the raiding strategy similar to what you are doing and they did very well getting bd10 in less than 3 months of playing. I think it's fun to play that way if you are very high in stats as you can beat most people your level and its not as tedious to find targets when raiding. But in the end like someone said above, play the way you want and just have fun.

Valsta
04-20-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement… I am having fun this go around. I'm also in a good guild and they have kept me cause of all the stones I could bring in (about 125 in a week). Conquest has begun and I am the token mega hit on the GG, which works well. But also seem to be getting matched up with other guilds that have low level players and I have already scored 4,600 points in a day of battles… not bad for someone with 8k stats.

Valsta
04-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Hello,
Well, I play for 4 months now and I my strategy was: going for my quest health and upgrading my unit buildings & thebuildings which increased my units power, important thing for me was getting my stats up as quick as possible! Now I have my BD lv.10 and buy daily some more dragons and weapons/armor + I try to come as far as possible with every LTQ, the units I win from there have most of the time very high stats! Means that beside my beast units, the other units are totally not interesting anymore for me, they don't add anything to my stats as all of them have lower att/deff rate. Meanwhile I have started to upgrade my money buildings...Think my strategy in this KA time is good, as I don't find many rivals in lv.114 with higher stats than me...strange enough there are many rivals with att/def stats of below the 60K, they upgraded their money buildings, but if you ask me they choose a wrong strategy and are way to weak.

I believe this was my downfall with my other game… relied on upgrading money buildings to the point of eventually being able to buy what I wanted… Dragons. However, with upgrade costs and times I just wasn't making any headway. Before I knew it I was pushing Level 100 and yet still didn't have stats that matched others.
So did you just do PVP or did you do map quests as well?

moomrik
04-21-2013, 07:01 PM

How incredibly helpful...
I believe the "starting over" in the title of the OP's thread sort of preempted a response like this... I might be wrong, though, plus posting in forums does not really require an ability to actually read what others are saying...

Doing LTQs can be a lot of fun, too, thanks to their creative nature. I, for one, enjoyed killing the Internet Troll. (That took some doing, though). So I would invest some skill points into hero strength, buy or farm a good hero weapon, and go slay some funky mushrooms, blobs of goo and other evil scary monsters.
I am not a big believer in the money buildings over everything else, in fact, my kingdom is rather poor, and my poor loyal subjects are probably starving to death... But some are definitely needed. Just don't build what you can not protect yet. Balance it out. Having a level 3 manor , or a lvl 10 silo and low stats makes you a yummy target for looters.
PvP and raiding also gives honor points, so upgrade the unit buildings to be able to buy units you can get with those points. They are stronger and don't get lost in battles that often.
Camping might be boring, but slow down every now and then and sit at a level just long enough to make sure you catch up your stats to your level. I generally go with stats = lvl*1.2 k , then, at higher lvls, 1.5 k starts making more sense and it is actually easier to achieve, thx to LTQs again. So, at lvl 30 I was at 42 k (-ish) then shot through the levels to be able to take part in the LTQ, and collected bunch of honor points in the process as well. All that helped, I am pretty happy with my current lvl to stats ratio, so to speak, which is lvl*1.6k (again, -ish) :)
So that's my twopence. And yes, the main thing is to have fun with it :)
Good luck :)

Valsta
04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
How incredibly helpful...
I believe the "starting over" in the title of the OP's thread sort of preempted a response like this... I might be wrong, though, plus posting in forums does not really require an ability to actually read what others are saying...

Doing LTQs can be a lot of fun, too, thanks to their creative nature. I, for one, enjoyed killing the Internet Troll. (That took some doing, though). So I would invest some skill points into hero strength, buy or farm a good hero weapon, and go slay some funky mushrooms, blobs of goo and other evil scary monsters.
I am not a big believer in the money buildings over everything else, in fact, my kingdom is rather poor, and my poor loyal subjects are probably starving to death... But some are definitely needed. Just don't build what you can not protect yet. Balance it out. Having a level 3 manor , or a lvl 10 silo and low stats makes you a yummy target for looters.
PvP and raiding also gives honor points, so upgrade the unit buildings to be able to buy units you can get with those points. They are stronger and don't get lost in battles that often.
Camping might be boring, but slow down every now and then and sit at a level just long enough to make sure you catch up your stats to your level. I generally go with stats = lvl*1.2 k , then, at higher lvls, 1.5 k starts making more sense and it is actually easier to achieve, thx to LTQs again. So, at lvl 30 I was at 42 k (-ish) then shot through the levels to be able to take part in the LTQ, and collected bunch of honor points in the process as well. All that helped, I am pretty happy with my current lvl to stats ratio, so to speak, which is lvl*1.6k (again, -ish) :)
So that's my twopence. And yes, the main thing is to have fun with it :)
Good luck :)

Well look who is here :-)
Thanks for pouncing on that first comment… what a jerk. After going through the lower levels again I've found hundreds that have been down there for over a year and although they could shoot up quickly now that they have level 10 EVERYTHING it still took them longer.
Agreed, PVP levels you up pretty fast, but then again that is MY goal… level 50 - BD - Upgrade BD - Dragons!

And to everyone else that already said it, "I'm playing how I want to and having fun". If it doesn't work out, maybe I'll just start over again.

I updated my progress at the beginning if anyone is curious.

Thanks

Mighty Mozman
04-29-2013, 12:17 PM
Hey Vaista

Interesting post I like the approach and may try it myself..good luck mate

MM

SOG Will
04-29-2013, 02:13 PM
I like your approach. I've done basically the same thing other than camping for God only knows how long. My stats since the Guild update have gone from around 10k to level 72 with A-176k and D-156k. Mostly from the LTQ's and from "borrowing" money from people who were going for a BD10. However I'll bet the BD10 funds are coming to a halt. A good day I can "borrow" $500k+ but there are the other days that I don't see any cash. The problem is there are not enough or good enough units dropped to see big gains after a while. Today I should be able to buy the GL10 and can start purchasing Blackrock Battering Rams. So far I have enough weapons to supply all of my units but am starting to consider farming. Good luck with your new approach and don't forget to have fun!!

Johan -
04-29-2013, 10:45 PM
I believe this was my downfall with my other game… relied on upgrading money buildings to the point of eventually being able to buy what I wanted… Dragons. However, with upgrade costs and times I just wasn't making any headway. Before I knew it I was pushing Level 100 and yet still didn't have stats that matched others.
So did you just do PVP or did you do map quests as well?

I did the LTQ and raided and attacked all other players like crazy, it was some kind of addiction, because I knew many plaid the game for many months more than me, I played for many hours a day ( waiting for my health and stamina in between) I have done more than 15000 battles and must say, my stats speak for themself by now, first I didn't want to buy gems, but that was just a dream, I noticed that with the LTQ's that the interesting units were out of reach for a free player and I hated not to be able to finish the quests, so I started buying GEMS!! I got many good industructible units in return and can do 2 building upgrades in the same time :) I'm in lv.118 and my stats are over the 500K !! Now they changed the game and I'm very happy that all my unit buildings are already lv.10

Map Quests...pfff, I don't like them, no good rewards and it only let you level up to fast, so I do them only for the LTQ 's, but avoid them as much as possible. Again I don't have to worry anymore about getting attacked, only 1 or 2% of the players in my level have similar stats or higher, my vault is high enough to keep my gold save and I collect my money buildings within every couple of hours ( Internet subscription on my Iphone is a blessing hehehehe) , I wonder how the people with stats below the 130K are going to survive the game, the are the sheep in the field, During the Guild wars, I saw many players in levels above lv. 140 with stats below the 180K ???? they are good for my CP, with both guild wars I scored above the 200000CP ( with Gem use of course) too bad that in the Guild I'm in are many low gem players and free players, otherwise a rank in the top 25 would be for sure in the picture for me...

echus14
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM
I'll just say this: I can appreciate semi-camping in certain situations. There are things that can be more easily done at the lower levels and if you can afford the time, then exploit that window of opportunity for what it's worth. But, its the first time I've ever come across someone saying that the units he gets through PvP are better than anything he buys!

Shinazueli
04-30-2013, 12:13 AM
Lol. Times change. Raiding for income is going to become the new normal with everyone able to upgrade expensive money buildings. But it still won't come close to spending; they just want pvp to be viable, until people realize that the honor units are ridiculously overpriced.

Valsta
05-18-2013, 10:40 AM

My other player has continued on and changed strategies as well now… so I didn't delete it. However, I have almost doubled the stats since I created this post… a month ago.

And so you know my new player, along its journey up the levels, has come across 100's of campers that have been there for over a year. Many with maybe only 20k in stats. Granted many have level 10 everything now and even came across one player holding on to over 1 Billion in gold.

Just goes to show you that there isn't one way to play this game and enjoy it.

Valsta
05-18-2013, 10:46 AM
….But, its the first time I've ever come across someone saying that the units he gets through PvP are better than anything he buys!

That was when I was lower level and couldn't buy the other unit buildings with higher stats. At the time units like Berserkers and Yeti's were the best unit available to me. Also, I wasn't planning on upgrading lower unit buildings at ALL since my goal was only to get to level 50 where BD became available and start upgrading for Dragons. As I already stated this no longer my goal with the new units.

Luxor
05-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi, Im new to the game. Made level 70 in 2 days, and I have over 100 stats to fill. My question is where is the most effective place to fill these stats? I haven't found any thread with popular/viable "builds" like in Castle Age HD or Rage of Bahamut etc. so far I've put 30 into atk and 50 into hero strength, I just haven'thad a chance to play many aspects of the game such as war, so I don't know how important say stamina is, because if I attack until Im out of stamina, it only takes maybe 20min to refill. Also, in the guild recruiting thread, it seems as though top guilds only care about your atk/def power of your army/units and IPH, and that's it, which makes me think that stats do not really so much matter.

I've been trying to PM many players both on the forum and in the game, I've gotten one reply that I should put everything in hero strength.

Really looking for input.

Valsta
05-18-2013, 03:03 PM
Hi, Im new to the game. Made level 70 in 2 days, and I have over 100 stats to fill. My question is where is the most effective place to fill these stats? I haven't found any thread with popular/viable "builds" like in Castle Age HD or Rage of Bahamut etc. so far I've put 30 into atk and 50 into hero strength, I just haven'thad a chance to play many aspects of the game such as war, so I don't know how important say stamina is, because if I attack until Im out of stamina, it only takes maybe 20min to refill. Also, in the guild recruiting thread, it seems as though top guilds only care about your atk/def power of your army/units and IPH, and that's it, which makes me think that stats do not really so much matter.

I've been trying to PM many players both on the forum and in the game, I've gotten one reply that I should put everything in hero strength.

Really looking for input.

Hmmm… Level 70 in 2 days? Have you slept? Its taken me a month, but then again I'm not doing the maps.

I'm sure there are a number of strategies, but the common one is to put virtually all of them into hero. Personally I haven't put any into attack or defense. I put a lot into stamina, I now have a stamina of 20. You are correct that it refills fast, but you can hit a player 12 times and when you lock into a player that has a lot of unvaulted gold you want to be able to take advantage of it. A player really over vaulted will pay out 9900 gold per hit… many players will sit there waiting to refill, but I would rather take it before they vault it or spend it. The extra 8 has worked out well since it often takes hitting several players before finding someone with gold to take. Also, it is not uncommon to find multiple high level gold buildings unattended and having that many stamina allows me to raid them all before someone else does.

I've put all the rest in Hero since it pays off during LTQ events.

Again this has been my strategy… I'm sure there are lots of them.

Generik79
05-21-2013, 08:58 AM
I would not start over at this point. Having missed the LTQs so far, your player will never catch up unless everyone else who has been playing since January quits. I started in march, and I am 300-400k behind where I could/should be in stats. If you are just making an LLP on the off chance people quit, not a bad idea; but if this is your main player, I wouldn't waste my time, personally.

I'd use my sp on hero strength if I were starting now. The LTQs are THE NAME OF THE GAME in KA. it is now all of nothing based on the LTQs. Pay to play. Simple. But you will pay less if you can one or two kill more beasts.

Valsta
05-22-2013, 10:52 AM
I would not start over at this point. Having missed the LTQs so far, your player will never catch up unless everyone else who has been playing since January quits. I started in march, and I am 300-400k behind where I could/should be in stats. If you are just making an LLP on the off chance people quit, not a bad idea; but if this is your main player, I wouldn't waste my time, personally.

I'd use my sp on hero strength if I were starting now. The LTQs are THE NAME OF THE GAME in KA. it is now all of nothing based on the LTQs. Pay to play. Simple. But you will pay less if you can one or two kill more beasts.

Catch up??? With who are you referring to? My intention was never to be the highest stat player in the game since I'm not willing to spend that much on gems that those guys have spent.

Generik79
05-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Catch up??? With who are you referring to? My intention was never to be the highest stat player in the game since I'm not willing to spend that much on gems that those guys have spent.

I was trying to be helpful. Sorry to see your reaction.