PDA

View Full Version : Guild Matching seems out of whack.

Rastlin
04-19-2013, 02:53 PM
We place Top 56 last wars. Every battle we have had in this war has only been Top 10 guilds. Something seems very much wrong with the Guild matching this time around...

procsyzarc
04-19-2013, 05:57 PM
Goes by avarage strength not where you are placed

Diadexxus
04-19-2013, 11:40 PM
I have to agree. Lost 5 to 1. Ouch ! We checked and the ones we were in a war with is and they were MUCH higher they we are... Wow!

groovdog
04-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Also depends who declares around the same time. Higher guilds are going to declare more often on average.

l3lade2
04-20-2013, 02:30 AM
As above, matching has absolutely no correlation to standing in this or any other war.

If the whole of FUN (just as an example) decided not to participate in this War, but declared War every hour anyway, they would still be matched with RK and BGK etc even if they were on 0 CP, because their combined/average/whatever the exact calculation is remains the same.

The reason a guild might be ranking much higher than you is probably simply because they are using more gems, that's what it's all about afterall.

Proprioc3ption
04-20-2013, 04:40 AM
We place Top 56 last wars. Every battle we have had in this war has only been Top 10 guilds. Something seems very much wrong with the Guild matching this time around...

MASSIVE ISSUES mate agree! all top guilds are experiencing multiple problem. hackers are hacking more now too

groovdog
04-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Nice draws today. Started with a Top 4. Then #1 shortly thereafter. Then back to back same #3. Gree must have read that email I sent about the crap box event in CC...

Chups
04-20-2013, 02:14 PM
We've faced a guild 4 times and another 3 times. There's no variety. It sucks!

itsaklayton
04-20-2013, 03:52 PM
We faced the same guild 2x in a row. Where is the logic in that? Strange formula.

procsyzarc
04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Nice draws today. Started with a Top 4. Then #1 shortly thereafter. Then back to back same #3. Gree must have read that email I sent about the crap box event in CC...

Kick everyone over 200k and you won't have the issue anymore

Perfuzzie
04-20-2013, 06:47 PM
we had RK twice in a row followed by FUN .. that was the cherry on top of the cake :)

itsaklayton
04-20-2013, 07:47 PM
Ouch! We already faced them as well.

Valsuvious
04-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah I don't think we've seen you murder if crows yet. How you guys doing?

Dirt road Joe
04-20-2013, 11:07 PM
Yeah I don't think we've seen you murder if crows yet. How you guys doing?

Que Jaws theme song. ;p

Valsuvious
04-20-2013, 11:11 PM
So you're casually sitting in 11th or 12th again just waiting for the right time strike in to top 10 like last time??? Hehe

procsyzarc
04-21-2013, 03:26 PM
"KA: fun 1st twice
MW: ace top 5 in all events
CC: tbc top 10 twice
MQ: when it comes 1st every event"

Why don't you save space and write that you are the big t i t t y Gree sucks on... Oh crackers, now they will ban me... I take it back.
We (low rank guild, using mostly free gems) had pretty unfair matches as well the first day. It seems better now.

You seem upset, these games are like life the poor will fall further and further behind. Has your life not taught you yet rather than crying and getting mad do something about it. Relatively speaking I am a very light spender ie I spend less per year on these games than I spend on lunches, I’m sorry that small amount of money would be a big deal to you, but as stated rather than putting your energy into being bitter and twisted do something about it and improve your lot.

Jixx
04-21-2013, 05:42 PM
So you're casually sitting in 11th or 12th again just waiting for the right time strike in to top 10 like last time??? Hehe

just cruising this one

top 10 prize isnt worth the spend :)

moomrik
04-21-2013, 06:05 PM
You seem upset, these games are like life the poor will fall further and further behind. Has your life not taught you yet rather than crying and getting mad do something about it. Relatively speaking I am a very light spender ie I spend less per year on these games than I spend on lunches, Iím sorry that small amount of money would be a big deal to you, but as stated rather than putting your energy into being bitter and twisted do something about it and improve your lot.
Wow. Thank you. I appreciate your "how to live" speech. No, really, I do.
Though my lot is probably beyond improving....

Back to the original issue, like I said, it seems to have been resolved :)

Oh, and I am too lazy to do all that fancy signature stuff, so I will just put it in the post.
KA: member of an awesome guild where people remember that games are supposed to be fun
Job: doing what I love and getting paid well for it
Family: surrounded by the wonderful people who love me just the way I am
Home: the kitchen could be bigger. But we are expanding the sunroom :)
Kids: when they come out, they will be the first in everything. Or not. As long as they don't get too bigheaded...

P4TR1C14N
04-22-2013, 03:58 AM
All top guilds are facing this kind of problem. I'm surprised you get matched with a top10 guild as we never get matched with a guild out of top25.

The matching is really ridiculous. If you get matched as 'top' guild against the top 3 a couple times in a row... you just get way less points and you're position is gone. To catch up again you need to score double as much points in the next ones to just get break even. So the question is... how should gree handle this correctly. Try to explain why it's fair for guild A to be matched 80% time with Top 10 guilds and guild B right behind you gets matched only 40% with top 10 guilds.

I would like to see the statistics from Gree on this how guilds were matched, but I guess that would be asking too much.

In short...

marko101
04-22-2013, 04:58 AM
just cruising this one

top 10 prize isnt worth the spend :)

Top 25 prize is even worse!! MOC just drop to top 50 :-)

marko101
04-22-2013, 05:01 AM
All top guilds are facing this kind of problem. I'm surprised you get matched with a top10 guild as we never get matched with a guild out of top25.

The matching is really ridiculous. If you get matched as 'top' guild against the top 3 a couple times in a row... you just get way less points and you're position is gone. To catch up again you need to score double as much points in the next ones to just get break even. So the question is... how should gree handle this correctly. Try to explain why it's fair for guild A to be matched 80% time with Top 10 guilds and guild B right behind you gets matched only 40% with top 10 guilds.

I would like to see the statistics from Gree on this how guilds were matched, but I guess that would be asking too much.

In short...

Sounds good to me! Top 50-100 guild fights top 10 and loses position. Then what can the do..... Spend gems! Grees not stupid!

Nacon10
04-22-2013, 11:25 AM
You seem upset, these games are like life the poor will fall further and further behind. Has your life not taught you yet rather than crying and getting mad do something about it. Relatively speaking I am a very light spender ie I spend less per year on these games than I spend on lunches, Iím sorry that small amount of money would be a big deal to you, but as stated rather than putting your energy into being bitter and twisted do something about it and improve your lot.

all time favorite response im showing everyone at my desk

moomrik
04-22-2013, 02:07 PM
all time favorite response im showing everyone at my desk

I do hope everyone at your desk is enjoying this nice passage. I certainly did. In fact, I am thinking to print it out and frame it, just so I always have a quick reference in case I forgot how to live my life to the fullest. :D

As a member of a lower ranking guild that got an outrageously unfair matching for the last battle, I would like to withdraw my previous statement. The matching problem WAS NOT FIXED. Foregoing originality for the sake of sincerity, I hereby would like to kindly wish

a) to Gree: please choke on all the money you cheated out of your customers. Actually, that IS a lot to choke on... So why don't you choke on something smaller. Like your c o c k.
b) to the top spenders... sorry, "winners": all the best, enjoy the "awesome"prizes you got and please make sure you keep up the spending competition for the next event, too, because there is no way it has gone too far. Yet.
c) To all the players who are still by some miracle (be it your fellow guild members, the community, or the pretty graphics) find this "game" somewhat enjoyable despite the cries of your outraged sanity: good luck, keep playing, stop spending, and remember one simple thing:
Gree. The odds are never in your favor.
p.s. Hmmm. I think I will frame that one as well

Valsuvious
04-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Yeah, we certainly did not enjoy being a top 10 guild matched up against a guild whose highest member was their guild guardian at 118. They had three people over 100. That fight was annoying...

MaximumFun
04-22-2013, 02:46 PM
a) to Gree: please choke on all the money you cheated out of your customers. Actually, that IS a lot to choke on... So why don't you choke on something smaller. Like your XXXX.

Very entertaining post. I particularly liked this bit quoted above where you used anthropomorphism.

You could've also made fun of Gree's mom. I'm hopeful you're saving that for a more "colorful" sour g r a p e s post.

P.s. Why is "g r a p e s" censored? Add that to the list of complaints about Gree.

moomrik
04-22-2013, 05:01 PM
You could've also made fun of Gree's mom.

Now THAT I would never do. For one, it would be just dirty. Secondly, Gree doesn't have a mom. It's an evil blob of goo that spawned out of darkness to eat our souls.

Or whatever you call the contents of your wallet.
boohoo.