PDA

View Full Version : TBC 3rd place finish Battle for Blighted Woods

emcee
04-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I would like to congratulate all teams that placed well in this last battle and especially in the top 10.

BGK gave us a run for our money right to the last minute.

Thank you to all valued members in TBC. It was an absolute honor to fight with you all and I am proud to have you as team mates and friends.

Sincerely,
emcee

Jixx
04-22-2013, 12:26 PM
Congratulations TBC!

RandomUser
04-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Nice job sneaking in just under the wire.

SangerPride
04-22-2013, 12:28 PM
That was just Simply AMAZING! What a great fight all the way to the end! Congrats to everyone that battled and especially to my TBC Mates. A Fight down to the wire!

Thank you Emcee for putting together such an awesome crew!

[MoC] Ian McGrath
04-22-2013, 12:31 PM
Congrats! Good job!

wmkingiv
Amazing job everyone! Feel honored to be a part of a great crew with great leadership and teamwork in TBC! Congrats to all the other teams who placed where they wanted too as well!

Battle Mage
...and it was great to finally face BGK in the showdown for third!

Congrats to all teams that placed well :-)

Zenobia
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Congrats to all the members of TBC on an excellently played game - well done!

Diane's
04-22-2013, 12:33 PM
One of the most epic battle ever....

sleazius
04-22-2013, 12:34 PM
That battle was epic. TBC & BGK drew each other in the final hour and fought it out to the end.

Thanks Emcee for putting together TBC and to all the members of the guild, we did it.

Thanks also to BGK for being such a worthy adversary - that last battle was the most intense thing I've ever been a part of in this game.

travelingsalesman
04-22-2013, 12:36 PM
score of the last battle on each side if anyone cares to share?

wmkingiv
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I think the difference was somewhere around 27k

justsomedood5
04-22-2013, 12:39 PM
TBC was down going into final battle vs. BGK by 53k points. TBC outscored BGK in final battle 1,802k to 1,721k (winning the battle by 80k), so ended up winning third place by 27k points. Hard to get much closer than that...

Jixx
04-22-2013, 12:42 PM
TBC was down going into final battle vs. BGK by 53k points. TBC outscored BGK in final battle 1,802k to 1,721k (winning the battle by 80k), so ended up winning third place by 27k points. Hard to get much closer than that...

1.8m in 1 battle, thats about half of what we've gotten the entire war xD

VVolf
04-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Wow, very impressive. The adrenaline must have really been pumping. Congrats!

Tbj
04-22-2013, 12:57 PM
Easily the best battle I've ever been in. Respect to bgk.

Haba
04-22-2013, 01:07 PM
im sure im not the only one that knows for sure a guild that will remain nameless, a ticket has already been sent to gree about the leaderboards being frozen the last 45 min, but this guild has cheated many other guilds, they had a player we were attacking during a battle jump 96k attack and defense within 2 minutes, cant do that without spending atleast $1100 maybe more to gain that much within mere seconds, gree please check into this, we believe wewere cheated 10th place

Jixx
04-22-2013, 01:10 PM
im sure im not the only one that knows for sure a guild that will remain nameless, a ticket has already been sent to gree about the leaderboards being frozen the last 45 min, but this guild has cheated many other guilds, they had a player we were attacking during a battle jump 96k attack and defense within 2 minutes, cant do that without spending atleast $1100 maybe more to gain that much within mere seconds, gree please check into this, we believe wewere cheated 10th place

im fairly certain you were cheated out of 10th place.

since United Kingdoms and Dragon Lords were still in the top 10 last time we fought them.

Kjctnorris
04-22-2013, 01:22 PM
Congrats TBC.

Pass on to Prime I'm raiding his manors for sure now and not even feeling a little bit bad about it!

RandomUser
04-22-2013, 01:25 PM

Or they rebuilt boost buildings that had been previously raided.

Lord VIX
To TBC : awesome. Congratulations.
And respect to BGK. Unbelievable warriors too.

emcee

Sorry that it happened. Top teams need to work together to stop this immediately. MOC leader and I have been talking about this before this war. Team leaders and officers please contact me at emceegree in KakaoTalk Messenger to discuss.

Ill Spoken Of
04-22-2013, 01:26 PM
That is awesome. You all deserved it. To go face to face at the end leaves no doubt. Great job. Would have been Kewl to watch that one.

willb125
04-22-2013, 01:29 PM

Yes. Wonder who might have been doing that?

Valsuvious
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM

There is a way that I jump roughly that many atk/def that has nothing to do with cheating. Not saying that's what happened just saying it might be something else. I remember a person in DL whining the same about me in the first war when they didn't realized I was sleeping the first time we fought them and "fixed" what the problem was before the second time we fought them.

Valsuvious
04-22-2013, 01:33 PM

haha, you said it, i didn't :)

Jolt
04-22-2013, 01:45 PM
Emcee I think your post has been hijacked by a cheater thread.

Please don't spoil our party because that was the best battle I've ever been involved with in any game period. To be matched with the very guild we were chasing in the last battle of the war was incredible.

Now it's time for a much needed rest.

Dogs Pizza
04-22-2013, 01:47 PM
TBC, It was an honor to fight with you guys. That chase was epic!

BGK, you put up one amazing fight at the end. Your castle will never recover from the beatdown I laid on it. Next war please add a weak player I can beat on! Please!

RandomUser
04-22-2013, 02:04 PM
How awesome was it to be squared off against the guild closest to your position, battling out for the extra benefit/honor of placing 3rd? You know exactly where you stand and how much you need to get to win, and it's just about making it happen.

Finally, a good pairing by the GREE machine.

MaximumFun
04-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Finally, a good pairing by the GREE machine.

Bah, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again. I refuse to give them "credit" for competency when the reality is they were matched up purely by dumb luck. However, I applaud your optimism, RandomUser. :)

bgood
04-22-2013, 02:23 PM
a good pairing?...that matchup was gem optimization at its best that way you always ensure max spend out of #3 & #4.

RandomUser
04-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes, and yes. But still... at least it was fun and you could control your own destiny.

There are a ton of more boring ways to blow your gems.

MaximumFun
04-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Agreed that it must've been nice knowing where you stand coming down to the wire rather than blindly duking it out.

bgood- I can't believe you would insinuate that Gree solely makes decisions based around profit. How dare you?!! :)

bgood
04-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Agreed that it must've been nice knowing where you stand coming down to the wire rather than blindly duking it out.

bgood- I can't believe you would insinuate that Gree solely makes decisions based around profit. How dare you?!! :)

I can't believe they built something and it worked =-)

Sakki
04-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Congrats TBC.

Pass on to Prime I'm raiding his manors for sure now and not even feeling a little bit bad about it!

Thanks for the wishes KJ.

And don't worry about my manors..I've got them covered!! :P lol

Ak-Manin
04-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I just want to add my congratulations. Well played!! Your staffing was brilliant!! You were able to score huge points...and your staffing made it difficult for your rivals to score big against you. And your surge at the last minute!! Inspiring. Truly well done, and my hats off to your entire team.

AK
Dragon Warriors

Samskill
04-22-2013, 03:56 PM
Unfortunately, the ONLY strategy that you ever need is knowing you had a valid credit card!

Ak-Manin
04-22-2013, 03:59 PM

I noticed something similar while battling a friends guild. We had the player stats from a previous match up...and we recorded stats for each hit. And the def scores jumped wildly, up and down for a couple players, from strike to strike. We were not mucking about with boost buildings, so I knew that wasn't it. I thought they might have done that as a deliberate ploy to lure us in...but that's a lot of effort for little gain.

Anyway, I was impressed! I was still trying to figure out how they did that, so I sent the Guild Lead a PM, congratulating him on the clever play. He was confused. Had no idea what I was talking about.

But I swear I saw it. It was the craziest thing ever. But it was the only time I saw it.

bgood
04-22-2013, 05:17 PM
As the confused person I stand behind every one of the men and woman I recruited to say there were no funny business other than repairing boost buildings...had to be a glitch which Is not all that shocking. This had to be the buggiest war ever.

brian14
04-22-2013, 05:28 PM
It must be an honor for all of you to hack together

Dogs Pizza
04-22-2013, 05:46 PM
Brian,

You are clearly bitter that you did not place well. If you battled tbc you would know just based on the number of open slots that there is no hacking in this guild. If you have proof a member hacked feel free to provide it and it will be dealt with. If you have no proof then feel free to apologize to TBC for this undeserved insult.

brian14
04-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Brian,

You are clearly bitter that you did not place well. If you battled tbc you would know just based on the number of open slots that there is no hacking in this guild. If you have proof a member hacked feel free to provide it and it will be dealt with. If you have no proof then feel free to apologize to TBC for this undeserved insult.
I don't care how I placed I just feel bad for the others that were cheated. I have plenty of proof that has been sent in

collage
04-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Haha, the Gree conspiracy worked! Bet the Greed Master must be laughing all the way to the bank. Can't sell gems fast enough.

zubu
04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Congrats to you all!

Tbj
04-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Lol..let us know how that works out for u. As someone banned and an admitted hacker..who happens to be ten years old I'm sure gree is going to be all over it. 

brian14
04-22-2013, 07:02 PM
15 dumbass

King Gabriel388
04-22-2013, 09:52 PM
Congrats on that epic battle TBC.

Master Stormzs
04-22-2013, 10:06 PM
Belated congrats on the finish TBC! Wow you guys can dish it out…legendary finish

Tbj
04-22-2013, 10:14 PM
Kg thanks. Congrats on first. Not that u *******s need it. 

emcee
04-22-2013, 10:18 PM
All kidding aside thanks for the well wishes everyone. Everyone in TBC truly appreciates the kind words.

Fredcole
04-23-2013, 12:48 AM
Congrats TBC, well fought!

And good luck with trying to control TBJ:D

Jhoemel
04-23-2013, 12:52 AM
Congratulations, that was a very hard fought accomplishment

It's all a dream
04-23-2013, 12:59 AM
Well done emcee. Heard the plan before it actually happened. Very nice!
Congratz on making this trick work.

Ak-Manin
04-23-2013, 04:15 AM
Unfortunately, the ONLY strategy that you ever need is knowing you had a valid credit card!

I disagree. It's true that to run points, you need gems. But TBC did some really brilliant things. First, the make up of their team. I assure you, there was a lot of thought in who they had on their team. That team did not happen by accident. It was a really strong team, and they were really really hard to score against.

Second...their plan of hovering out of sight just below BKG until the last battle when the boards were frozen...BRILLIANT.

So to those that say there is no strategy left in this game...I say...Look at what TBC did.

Again...kudos to those guys.

AK

Jolt
04-23-2013, 04:58 AM
Thanks AK. I couldn't have said it better myself. I can truly say it was a hell of a ride being part of it.

Slickster
04-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks Ak 👍 truly appreciate your words

nic4msu
04-23-2013, 06:53 PM
Congrats to TBC on third. That was an epic match! Your strategy of low level/high stat players paid off in spades. We had to almost double your spending in the final battle to keep up. If we'd had just one more player in-game for the final match, it could have gone the other way - the match was truly THAT close! We didn't have that extra player, and you won in perhaps the closest match I'll ever have the pleasure of leading. When we saw the match up we weren't sure if we should be excited to be matched with you so we could be sure of the outcome (you weren't as well hidden as you thought), or if we should be disappointed at the low point opportunities. We might not have won, but it was one heck of a battle!

I think Gree was the biggest winner, though, with the crazy amount of gems spent in that final hour! Wow!!!

Again, congratulations.

wmkingiv
04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
(you weren't as well hidden as you thought)

Very kind words spoken, emcee did a great job in leading and recruiting, no doubt. Nic, I have a question if you don't mind, and this is more about glitches than strategy. There were a couple of times when it showed us overtaking you in points but you remained in third on the leader board (before the final battle). This only occurred with a few of our members. Is this something you guys saw as well, or merely a glitch in the game we should report?

deuce
04-23-2013, 09:05 PM
Congrats TBC. We paired up with you guys twice in this last event, and we didn't enjoy either meeting. Maybe down the road it will even out, but you got the better of us this last go round. Congrats on your third place finish.

Tbj
04-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Congrats TBC, well fought!

And good luck with trying to control TBJ:D

Who me? Ouch!

Captian Rex
04-23-2013, 09:48 PM

Very kind words spoken, emcee did a great job in leading and recruiting, no doubt. Nic, I have a question if you don't mind, and this is more about glitches than strategy. There were a couple of times when it showed us overtaking you in points but you remained in third on the leader board (before the final battle). This only occurred with a few of our members. Is this something you guys saw as well, or merely a glitch in the game we should report?

Never saw you overtaking BGK on the leader board.

I still haven't got over the fact that TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, level 17, and nearly half who were double digit levels.

How many of you here went up against them in the latest war?

emcee
04-23-2013, 09:58 PM
I disagree. It's true that to run points, you need gems. But TBC did some really brilliant things. First, the make up of their team. I assure you, there was a lot of thought in who they had on their team. That team did not happen by accident. It was a really strong team, and they were really really hard to score against.

Second...their plan of hovering out of sight just below BKG until the last battle when the boards were frozen...BRILLIANT.

So to those that say there is no strategy left in this game...I say...Look at what TBC did.

Again...kudos to those guys.

AK

Thanks Ak-Manin for the kudos. It was a three day hovering and at times having a coronary thinking we passed BGK. I must have said STOP FIGHTING like a million time :)

emcee
04-23-2013, 10:03 PM
Congrats to TBC on third. That was an epic match! Your strategy of low level/high stat players paid off in spades. We had to almost double your spending in the final battle to keep up. If we'd had just one more player in-game for the final match, it could have gone the other way - the match was truly THAT close! We didn't have that extra player, and you won in perhaps the closest match I'll ever have the pleasure of leading. When we saw the match up we weren't sure if we should be excited to be matched with you so we could be sure of the outcome (you weren't as well hidden as you thought), or if we should be disappointed at the low point opportunities. We might not have won, but it was one heck of a battle!

I think Gree was the biggest winner, though, with the crazy amount of gems spent in that final hour! Wow!!!

Again, congratulations.

Thanks nic,
It was a perfect storm with Gree coming out ahead. But in all my years playing it was the most nail biting, exciting and simply the best singular gaming experience to date. Epic would best describe not just the last hour but the 3 days leading up to the final matchup. Which to our shock was WTF how did we get BGK and then it was the best possible scenario in retrospect. Cheers to your team for being such worthy adversaries.

emcee
04-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Never saw you overtaking BGK on the leader board.

I still haven't got over the fact that TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, level 17, and nearly half who were double digit levels.

How many of you here went up against them in the latest war?

Who us? Must be getting confused with our second guild GUC :)

Captian Rex
04-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Who us? Must be getting confused with our second guild GUC :)

No not confused. TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, and another who was level 17. Quite a few < level 100. Does it make sense anyone?

Rastlin
04-24-2013, 02:10 AM
No not confused. TBC had a player who was level 3 with 5 allies, and another who was level 17. Quite a few < level 100. Does it make sense anyone?
Yes, it does actually. A wall hitter can be any level. So are you better having 2 players, with only one that is active all the time and the other just sometimes? Or are you better with having 1 player with 2 characters that is active all the time even if one is just level 3 taking down the wall each war (also no one is going to attack the level 3 player, so you just removed a target for the other guild)? I would rather have the latter.

GreenGuru
04-24-2013, 02:24 AM
This battle sounds like it was very exciting and exhausting at the same time with people on the edge of their seats (or what ever). Congratulations on the hard effort.

On another note while reading this my imagination got away from me and I just visualized this battle with two groups on both sides of a large box and both aggressively and competitively throwing money into it to see who won the race. Hahah, I don't mean to turn this into a cash spending discussion, I just couldn't help but laugh at my imagination and share it. I too spent cash for gems so I guess that makes me one of those people in my imagination.

nic4msu
04-24-2013, 02:24 AM

We never saw you overtake us on the leaderboard. We were just aware that you were hiding in our shadows, and we knew there was only one way you could be sure to avoid an earlier match-up. Good strategy - it's one I've used myself ;)

I was actually impressed with your discipline in staying behind us -- especially when we had a few of those low point matches! We wondered if you'd keep your points that low, too.

echus14
04-24-2013, 02:54 AM
So, the story ends on a sweet note, with worthy adversaries giving mutual respect to each other. Kudos to both teams for your maturity.

And to a certain poster who has been making all manner of inflammatory and wild accusations, this is perhaps the best slap down - that BGK recognises the effort and ultimate win by TBC for this war.

sleazius
04-24-2013, 09:58 AM
I was actually impressed with your discipline in staying behind us -- especially when we had a few of those low point matches! We wondered if you'd keep your points that low, too.

There was one period on the second last night shift where we only added 20000 a battle, 3 or 4 battles straight, but kept declaring incase you guys took off.

There were 3 very close calls where we thought we'd over taken you. All of which were caused by lag.

Battle Mage
04-24-2013, 10:18 AM
It was very tight and exciting at times. The way a good relationship should be! ;)

Ak-Manin
04-24-2013, 05:41 PM
It was very tight and exciting at times. The way a good relationship should be! ;)

Hehehe. Made me laugh out loud!