PDA

View Full Version : Posting rules

Shluggy
06-23-2013, 09:42 AM
Hi, can someone please clarify the following two points for me in the forum posting rules....

DO NOT
#10 Hijack threads or go off-topic
#11 Spam

I just want to know what these kinda mean. This is a genuine question and I would like a genuine answer please :-) I know what I think they mean but I may be wrong and I just want to make sure. Thanks

jonny0284
06-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Hijack: If the topic is about building defense and you post in about Guild wars, see hijack.

Kjctnorris
06-23-2013, 09:55 AM
An example of hijacking would be if someone started a thread advertising their guild for recruiting purposes and someone jumped in on the same thread and started recruiting for their own.

An example of spam is if someone made that advertisement for their guild on multiple threads using copy/paste or making excessive amounts of posts in a single thread that do not contribute to the topic.

Just my interpretation.

jonny0284
06-23-2013, 10:48 AM
An example of hijacking would be if someone started a thread advertising their guild for recruiting purposes and someone jumped in on the same thread and started recruiting for their own.

An example of spam is if someone made that advertisement for their guild on multiple threads using copy/paste or making excessive amounts of posts in a single thread that do not contribute to the topic.

Just my interpretation.

I'm out shopping with family and squeezed in an abrupt unfulfilling answer; so I'm going to co-sign this quote. :)

Shluggy
06-23-2013, 10:51 AM

Just my interpretation.

Ok, thank you Kjctnorris, much appreciated. There seems to be some 'hijacking' going on in the guild recruitment section. Quite frustrating. I think I will just have to re-post my recruitment post on a new thread, therefore clogging up the guild recruitment section but I wish I didn't have to. Bad forum behaviour eh Jonny0284

Quick
06-23-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm out shopping with family and squeezed in an abrupt unfulfilling answer; so I'm going to co-sign this quote. :)

At this point I would really like to advertise my guild. All interestèd let me know.

jonny0284
06-23-2013, 03:50 PM
At this point I would really like to advertise my guild. All interestèd let me know.

Toss it in the Guild Recruitment section of the forum. ;)

I don't bother over there, I hate Guilds. I hate Guild Wars. I hate everything associated with that topic. Including Kingdom Age. :p

Love/hate.

Zesder
06-23-2013, 06:23 PM
Don't forget that little ! In a triangle. Under the posters avatar.
It's the report post button. I find it helps get rid of spammers.

jonny0284
06-23-2013, 06:27 PM
Don't forget that little ! In a triangle. Under the posters avatar.
It's the report post button. I find it helps get rid of spammers.

Bazing!

I find it helps to get threads closed. ;)

Mickeytah
06-24-2013, 12:37 AM
I haven't been using my skill points during my last few level ups because I'm not sure how to spend them. Last time I spent skill points was level 158 and I am now 198, so I have 120 skill points (three per level) to spend. Any suggestions on how to divy them up?

Also, I'm looking for a guild. If anyone could use a level 200 mage with 73,879attack/87,432defense let me know!

SolarFlare
07-02-2013, 09:24 AM

Is this hijacking too? I am confused as to this also because I didn't think this topic is for advertising your guild. I thought it was for help with the rules of posting.

jonny0284
07-02-2013, 01:27 PM
Is this hijacking too?

Yes. It is. People are wildly out of control with what they post on the forum.

MidnightExpress
07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
I haven't been using my skill points during my last few level ups because I'm not sure how to spend them. Last time I spent skill points was level 158 and I am now 198, so I have 120 skill points (three per level) to spend. Any suggestions on how to divy them up?

Also, I'm looking for a guild. If anyone could use a level 200 mage with 73,879attack/87,432defense let me know!

Mickeytah, great example... 😄

SolarFlare
07-03-2013, 06:33 AM
Thanks! I will do my best not to do those things. Mickeyta you may want to consider doing something about your stats...if you are really 73k attack. Please don't hijack! Not only is it rude it makes you look desperate!

Sgt Maj
07-03-2013, 10:18 AM
Is this irony I am witnessing here or is there really no hope for the human race?

jonny0284
07-03-2013, 10:30 AM
;) Both. We're in trouble.