PDA

View Full Version : Competition between spouses (or partners)

Lobo731
07-15-2013, 06:57 AM
What started off as a thread to help me find a way to help my husband get his game back has lead me to wonder:

How many of you are indirectly competing against your spouse/partner/significant other (or whatever politically correct term it is nowadays) as you play your game?

Did you start playing KA because you figured "if you can't beat them - join them" and then got addicted to the game?

That's my story - and now I found that with my husband and I on the same guild, we really do have fun on the "war weekends" Luckily, I got my character strong quite quickly - but will never catch up to his in levels.

Now-if he only gets his game back....

Lobo

jchow69
07-15-2013, 06:59 AM
What started off as a thread to help me find a way to help my husband get his game back has lead me to wonder:

How many of you are indirectly competing against your spouse/partner/significant other (or whatever politically correct term it is nowadays) as you play your game?

Did you start playing KA because you figured "if you can't beat them - join them" and then got addicted to the game?

That's my story - and now I found that with my husband and I on the same guild, we really do have fun on the "war weekends" Luckily, I got my character strong quite quickly - but will never catch up to his in levels.

Now-if he only gets his game back....

Lobo

What guild r u in. I am in a top 500 guild called "Owl Woods".

Berneburg
07-15-2013, 07:39 AM
We have had two husband/wife combos in our guild. First one didn't work out so well. Wife recruited husband in, he used our higher guild bonuses to his advantage then defected back to his prior guild; she left right after him. Second team are our highest scoring tandem.

jchow69
07-15-2013, 10:07 AM
We have had two husband/wife combos in our guild. First one didn't work out so well. Wife recruited husband in, he used our higher guild bonuses to his advantage then defected back to his prior guild; she left right after him. Second team are our highest scoring tandem.

I'm not ,sure, but we might have a husband/wife combo in our guild that combines for close to 100k points.

Iron Maiden
07-15-2013, 10:10 AM
My husband and I both play- are highly competitive and score above 60k cp per war. I brought him in so I didn't have to defend when I was ignoring him to play lol :)

jchow69
07-15-2013, 10:23 AM
I also play Modern War which is my main game. KA is just my second game that I play for fun. I still was able to get some good points for my guild as a free player.

Lobo731
07-15-2013, 10:48 AM
My husband and I both play- are highly competitive and score above 60k cp per war. I brought him in so I didn't have to defend when I was ignoring him to play lol :)

Lol I hear you As long as we are both playing - no one's feelings are hurt by "being ignored".

We are very competitive. My husband is founder of the guild - Kingdom of Magi (although he spelled it Kindom of Magi) and Guardian...he lost his game and we have been without him over this weekend's war.

We have alot of fun with the game.

Lobo

Darth Randy
07-15-2013, 01:09 PM
My wife and I play, and lead our own guild which our 5yr old son also plays in. She got me to join and now she thinks I've become obsessed!

Punzar
07-15-2013, 01:36 PM
My wife competes with KA for my time... is that what you meant?

Lobo731
07-16-2013, 11:10 AM
My wife and I play, and lead our own guild which our 5yr old son also plays in. She got me to join and now she thinks I've become obsessed!

Wow! Your 5 yr old! How cool! Talk about starting them off young! No wonder today's kids don't want to crack a textbook...(I'm really a teacher - can you tell??LOL) Really - in today's world - technology is where it's at! It is great that you can do this as a family.

Lobo731
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM
My wife competes with KA for my time... is that what you meant?

Uh..not exactly...why not get her on her own game...she might surprise you and become very competitive!

jchow69
07-16-2013, 11:12 AM

How good's ur guild?

Darth Randy
07-16-2013, 12:50 PM
Wow! Your 5 yr old! How cool! Talk about starting them off young! No wonder today's kids don't want to crack a textbook...(I'm really a teacher - can you tell??LOL) Really - in today's world - technology is where it's at! It is great that you can do this as a family.

We limit his video game time of all types to 35 minutes after lunch and 35 minutes after dinner and his TV to 2 hours a day. There are reading and math learning apps are exempt from his time limits :)

LordIndy
07-16-2013, 01:49 PM
My wife and I have primary accounts in the same guild, MoC. We both have secondary accounts in opposing guilds that met this past war. It was quite the battle which my guild dominated, yet somehow I still managed to stay off the couch that night.

LordIndy
07-16-2013, 01:50 PM
We limit his video game time of all types to 35 minutes after lunch and 35 minutes after dinner and his TV to 2 hours a day. There are reading and math learning apps are exempt from his time limits :)

Do as I say, not as I do ;-)

Lobo731
07-17-2013, 08:10 AM
As much as I hate to admit it...if you are playing the game correctly...you are using (and constantly reinforcing) basic math skills. You could even get into higher level thinking questions by just discussing how to go about finding out a percentage of wins (and yes I realize this is a 5 yr we are talking about..but if more of this got started at this age...I wouldn't have the problems I have with 8th graders!) You would be surprised at how quickly and easily they get it when they can apply it right away.

Either way - basic math - addition and subtraction skills are used continuously.

Just my two cents.... Lobo.