PDA

View Full Version : These box event are a joke

KennyFPU
07-31-2013, 07:07 PM
I have been opening boxes all day and I haven't gotten one stuipd gold doubloon at all. Start the LTQs already gree I'm bored with the box event and I think alot of people are frustratd with it as well, at least free players hint hint

Dirt road Joe
07-31-2013, 07:33 PM
I have been opening boxes all day and I haven't gotten one stuipd gold doubloon at all. Start the LTQs already gree I'm bored with the box event and I think alot of people are frustratd with it as well, at least free players hint hint

If I am not mistaken, there are many quests in the game that award gold and weapons. They are not LTQs but they are there for you to do. So there should always be some kind of quest for you to do. Swing at those while there is no LTQ going on. Plus, you can always Raid and Attack rivals to earn gold for your upgrades or Guild.

Alexius
07-31-2013, 07:46 PM
It's not just free players that are frustrated......I really wish people wouldn't look down on the ones who find enough enjoyment out of the game to spend actual money on it so that others may play for free.

KennyFPU
07-31-2013, 08:05 PM
I have been raiding all day I think about 700 k today so far. But I haven't really seen my stats jump to much from the box event this time around and I'm always playing catch up on stats and the drop rate for the gold dubloons is very bad today that makes it pretty boring for me sorry I'm not easily pleased I guess lol any ways. I agree on that there is people that pay big bucks to gree. so thanks for donating to gree. I have made my own also to gree and a lot of time.

Nacon10
08-01-2013, 04:00 AM
whats with the joke low honor and gold opens. im only using gold option to open and im getting like 75 honor or 2000 gold. i rember a time when they would dish out 15k gold

Alexius
08-01-2013, 04:07 AM
whats with the joke low honor and gold opens. im only using gold option to open and im getting like 75 honor or 2000 gold. i rember a time when they would dish out 15k gold

Exactly why I stopped using gems "thanks gree, gold's only real value is for guild upgrades and the only honor unit worth mentioning is 15,000 honor but I appreciate the 2,000 payment towards our 144,000,000 guild expansion and 75 honor points towards a unit that will soon be obsolete. The 20 gem trade off was worth it....."

E-I
08-01-2013, 05:43 AM
This event sucks and isn't worth using gems on. [/thread]

Person
08-01-2013, 06:00 AM
This event sucks and isn't worth using gems on. [/thread]

unless you plan on spending 10 mountains that is :)

Kronous
08-01-2013, 06:46 AM

I would be happy doing away with boxes and Boss events. waste of time and coin

Person
08-01-2013, 06:51 AM
I would be happy doing away with boxes and Boss events. waste of time and coin

add a collect all 9 units to them and i might consider opening boxes or killing bosses :)

KennyFPU
08-01-2013, 07:26 AM
I agree, just a box event isn't enough we are to use to having more then one event going on at one time. A box event tied into a guild quest. That's just not good for anything but to cause irritation and make people not want to play the events. Thanks everyone that posted on this Kim glad I'm not the only player who is upset about this. Maybe we will get a LTQ today or that hype from the raid boss event that we have been waiting for over a month now. Lol always something to blame gree for.

mmalkove
08-01-2013, 07:33 AM
I personally dont like these or the Boss events either. The I rarely see a stat increase from them and I have only finished a collect 8/9 ONCE LOL. I love the LTQ's on the other hand. and I Can't wait for the next one. Until then I will continue to log on once per hour to see "Sorry, better luck next time" when I use the gold option so I can at least atempt to help my guild.

Go Lestatciez! (Currently recruiting active players! PM me for details)

Person
08-01-2013, 07:36 AM
I personally dont like these or the Boss events either. The I rarely see a stat increase from them and I have only finished a collect 8/9 ONCE LOL. I love the LTQ's on the other hand. and I Can't wait for the next one. Until then I will continue to log on once per hour to see "Sorry, better luck next time" when I use the gold option so I can at least atempt to help my guild.

Go Lestatciez! (Currently recruiting active players! PM me for details)

well im able to get to around 30 now with all the stat inflation and healthbonusses.
so collect all 9 is a possibility now :P

dragonslayer
08-01-2013, 10:56 AM
Personally, I have "beat" the game in terms of quests. Yup. I don't have any quests on my list. Done them all. Only thing left is the Champion's Round, which is nothing but PvP. People dislike the chest event because even if you choose to spend, you are not guaranteed to receive the item. Once, I spent 500 gems trying to get last coin (doing reset and 100% open). To my surprise, 100% open didn't mean 100% receive the coin. So, WHY spend??? People like LTQs because you are GUARANTEED to receive if you spend. On more, people don't want to gain XP (don't want to level up) because of the stupid level advantage being a low level.

If I am not mistaken, there are many quests in the game that award gold and weapons. They are not LTQs but they are there for you to do. So there should always be some kind of quest for you to do. Swing at those while there is no LTQ going on. Plus, you can always Raid and Attack rivals to earn gold for your upgrades or Guild.

Eunuchorn
08-01-2013, 01:47 PM
Personally, I have "beat" the game in terms of quests. Yup. I don't have any quests on my list. Done them all. On more, people don't want to gain XP (don't want to level up) because of the stupid level advantage being a low level.

I'm right there w/ ya, brother.

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s657/TehEunuchorn/null_zpsd32f86eb.jpg

I have 2 alts. One is semi camping but has 60 stam to farm stones for mains guild. The other one is doing a little better but I will never have the patience to truly camp a Gree game lol

askljdhaf4
08-01-2013, 03:59 PM
From what I've seen, the drop rate for this box event is the worst yet - which is sad, considering they tried to tie in a guild event aspect into this box event.

A fellow guildie has dropped almost 2k in gems, and still hasnt hit 15 gems... crazy

Eunuchorn
08-01-2013, 05:50 PM
Ya because that 10k mob is sooo powerful. Most campers wouldn't even want to waste gems on this if the top 50 reward wasn't so sexy

Shadows
08-01-2013, 06:42 PM
I appreciate that Gree is trying different things and mixing it up, and really enjoyed the Guild LTQ idea (although drop rate was somewhat atrocious!) but I also hope that Gree can admit that this combination of Guild quest and box event was an utter fail...

Berneburg
08-01-2013, 07:11 PM
I've got 6 doubloons from 10 successful opens (non gem) out of 27 attempts. Decent ratio of doubloons to actual opens. But getting these suckers open is the issue.

Bluedood
08-01-2013, 07:15 PM
I do not personally care for the box events, but somebody must for them to keep them in the rotation. The guild portion adding extra units is better than just an individual box event. Not exactly the win that the twist in the war was, but not an epic fail either IMHO.

Krayt
08-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Hate box events... Can't wait until they are over.

Nacon10
08-02-2013, 05:52 AM
is anyone on pace to finish the guild ltq box event

Shluggy
08-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Gree must have really cut down the ratio of successfully opening a box to find a Gold Doubloon! I have no need for the tiny amount of gold they keep giving me, I can get plenty through raids thanks. I have no use for the tiny amount of honor they keep giving me either, I don't spend honor points as the events give much better indestructible units than I can buy with honor points, so I just don't bother. I can hear in the distance people crying "every little helps, don't be so selfish, at least your get something" I don't care - The guild needs the Doubloons!!! We want Doubloons!!!
I echo Nacon10's question........... is anyone on pace to finish the guild ltq box event???

Berneburg
08-02-2013, 08:08 AM
We are on 7/10. We'll be lucky to finish this stage, and we have the third place leader on our team. My personal record for boxes on this event is 32 attempts (all gold attempts, no gems), 13 successful opens, 7 doubloons.

Krissy
08-02-2013, 08:23 AM
It's a lottery. I hate lotteries.

Berneburg
08-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Still on 7/10, 376 of 430. Gotta be someone further along?

Person
08-03-2013, 07:08 AM
RK must have finished it by now lol

Shluggy
08-03-2013, 09:04 AM
Wouldn't it be good on this kind of event if there could be some kind of way of stealing Gold Doubloon's from other guilds? I'm not talking about the boxes but the GD's themselves. Maybe like all guilds have a defence leader (or guild guardian), the founder could nominate a treasurer who is in charge of looking after the GD's (or whatever is next on the event list for the guild to collect). If that person then gets hit, they could either lose a GD if they lose the attack of win one if they win the attack. I'm just day dreaming here, nothing to worry about people :-)

Jerusalem
08-03-2013, 07:49 PM
It's a lottery. I hate lotteries.

It's worse than playing the lottery. The box events cater to players with gambling issues.

Darth Randy
08-03-2013, 07:55 PM
I like the box events in the past but this one is awful. Low drop rate, no companion quest, horrible gold and honor, and I really dislike the way the guild version requires players to log in for each level of the quest. I just know we are going to come up short at the end not because we don't have he doubloons but because not everyone logged in soon enough.

MaGiX
08-04-2013, 02:12 AM
I like the concept of this chest quest, and the fact that we can now help guild getting prizes this way too, because it can help some guilds that is not in top 10 or even near, get some prizes at a relative low XP gain.

That said, Gree have raised the bar way to high, 1500 doubloons for 10/10 will demand a guild of 60 members, ALL in top 250...

Around 1/3 of the chests I have opened, have been doubloons, rest have been gold and honor, and even those have been like being spit in the face.

Either Gree lowers the amount of doubloons it takes to get the main prize, or lifts the output of doubloons in the comming events like these...

But the real question is: How many of you guys have actually come even near of 10/10, and where are you now at T minus 9,75 hours?

Berneburg
08-04-2013, 04:12 AM
We just entered 8/10 overnight and we have the 3rd rank doubloon collected in our guild. No way we make to 9/10.

Alexius
08-04-2013, 06:48 AM
8/10 roughly at 550 doublons

Nacon10
08-04-2013, 11:41 AM
just reached 8/10, this event is super hard. doesnt make any sense . i understand the top rewards for single players to aim for but why make a ltq for guild thats impossible .

Bb233
08-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Has a list been posted of the unit rewards for completion of each level?

Beer Stein
08-04-2013, 05:05 PM
I would just like to add my concurrence here. The box events are terrible. With the exception of the top 50, the rest of the rewards are not worth the gold. I opened about 15 boxes per day at nearly 4k a pop, for the entire event, and ended up with 10 of the coins.