PDA

View Full Version : Individual boss event: bonus attached to L50 boss

leek
08-05-2013, 07:36 AM
Hi Gree, can we have bonuses attached to boss event units? Given stat inflation in guild LTQs and guild wars, why not apply that to boss events as well? The rewards for completing boss events seems dwarvish compared to other event rewards nowadays.

Person
08-05-2013, 07:59 AM
after lvl 25 complete 50 bosses are bad compared to the effort needed to get them anyways. but pre 25 they are super epic and easy to obtain, so no need to boost them. Its a dilemma :)

Shinazueli
08-05-2013, 03:18 PM
We can't have people getting boosts for free? That's not the way of the corporation.

leek
08-05-2013, 03:40 PM
We can't have people getting boosts for free? That's not the way of the corporation.

I'm fine just with boosting the unit for the L50 boss win. Not saying for every single tier.

l3lade2
08-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes but what Shin is pointing out is that some people can compelte 50 bosses without the use of gems, ergo getting a boost for free. It is impossible (I don't care what anyone says) to complete 99% of Heroic LTQ's for free without using any gems, where most boosts are outside of guild wars.

As Shin said, it isn't in GREE's nature to make "free" things too enticing :)

Edit - although I have to admit I'd quite like to see this, it might actually make more people incentivised to carry on after they complete the associated 9/9 unit quests. I just stop once I've completed the 9/9, might make me think twice if there was a decent unit at the end of it all.

Johan -
08-05-2013, 11:43 PM
Yes but what Shin is pointing out is that some people can compelte 50 bosses without the use of gems, ergo getting a boost for free. It is impossible (I don't care what anyone says) to complete 99% of Heroic LTQ's for free without using any gems, where most boosts are outside of guild wars.

As Shin said, it isn't in GREE's nature to make "free" things too enticing :)

Edit - although I have to admit I'd quite like to see this, it might actually make more people incentivised to carry on after they complete the associated 9/9 unit quests. I just stop once I've completed the 9/9, might make me think twice if there was a decent unit at the end of it all.

High stat unit rewards as presents gives stat inflation only.
I think it's also not ok, that the new players ( LLPs) much easier can come higher in the Boss event levels than the long term HLplayers.
Due to the Guilds set-up, the new LLPs already benefit more than enough, that's why we already have so many LLPs with stats x10K.

OK, the game changed, but it's just not ok that just a couple of months ago, we paid 500 gems for reward units with stats 420/330, while now you get these units almost for just opening the game..

I think that 80%~90% of the new players have indestructible armies, therefore I question...what is still the value of the "Water temple of healing" and the value of the "unit buildings"?? Only interesting buildings I think are the boost buildings & gold buildings...

l3lade2
08-06-2013, 03:06 AM
Agreed, stat inflation has gotten out of control, in GREEd's quest to further boost margins.

I remember a time, going back to 2012 now, when CJ/Admin used to post on here (which in itself is something or a rarety these days) advising which Units were going to be upgraded in stats to keep them in line with inflation, and asknig if any had been missed, that actually happened.

These days you're right, I remember my Sand Wyrm was a Top 50 Unit from a box event, had to drop a ton of gems to get it with 705/448 which at the time was an incredibly powerful unit.....now I have 3 of them, they've been recycled into LTQ's at the Standard stage and given away for free.

If you factor in that this was only ~10 months ago, and now the most powerful units are ~10k stats (I'm excluding the odd 30k Daleth and becoming not-so rare 15k units here to keep it conservative), that's effectively a 1k per month unit stat increase.

E-I
08-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Gold is pointless now. The only thing it is good for is guild bonuses (except if you are in one of those hack... um, legitimate 60 players guilds). What is the point in raiding and attacking now if the gold you earn can't be used for anything.

E-I
08-06-2013, 06:56 AM
I think that 80%~90% of the new players have indestructible armies, therefore I question...what is still the value of the "Water temple of healing" and the value of the "unit buildings"?? Only interesting buildings I think are the boost buildings & gold buildings...

I started a new account a couple of weeks ago. I don't see any point in building the water temple, and the only unit building I have is Barracks (to get me through just the last war). I just add allies to match the number of indestructibles I have. That, and focus almost exclusively on upgrading boost buildings for attack. This is a different game now.

jchow69
08-06-2013, 07:10 AM
How about a boosting unit for 10, 25, and 50? That'd be good.

Nacon10
08-06-2013, 08:08 AM
less than 1 percent of players can complete 50 bosses for freee

Shinazueli
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
less than 1 percent of players can complete 50 bosses for freee

Maybe before GQs.