PDA

View Full Version : Constructive, balancing, fixes for HLPS

Hersh
08-22-2013, 05:39 AM
Ok, so before I begin with my own ideas, I just want to say that while I completely agree that HLPS are definitely at a disadvantage as CP go, I do not personally feel that it is exactly as cut and dry as everyone makes it out to be, so we're gonna do some pros and cons real fast;

HLP cons:
-earn almost no cp when attacking lower level players
-don't earn as much cp for attacking players at the same level
-Whale zone (which is what? 140+?)

HLP pros:
-Higher HS and energy, making them much more useful in GLTQs, thereby strengthening your entire guild
-Their individual stats increase faster as well, for the same reason as stated above, which also helps strengthen your guild, albeit not as much.

Those are the main pros and cons to HLPs as I see them (if I missed anything please feel free to inform me, and I will edit this post). Yes a guild that is all HLPs is at a disadvantage, but so too are guilds that are all LLPs, a good guild should be able to make use of both of them, as I see it.

Anyways, onwards, fixes:
So, instead of trying to change the cons of the HLPs, which are 90% of the suggestions I have seen since guilds have come about, I say that we simply buff up the pros a little;
1-increase max level to 225. It's only a matter of time before this happens, why wait any more?
2-Upon reaching levels 200/205/210/215/etc, add 1 extra point into HS, to make HLPs even more helpful with LTQs.
3-At level 225, add 10attack, 10defense, and 5 HS to stats.
4-Add several new money buildings at or after level 200, maybe just a 1day and 2day high output buildings, a step up from lenders and manors, with high costs, as well as payouts.

No ideas about whale zone honestly, please post suggestions

While these buffs won't change the negative points, they will do a couple things to help improve game-play
1-#1 will make players choose if they will want to "camp" at level 200 (lol) in order to get more cp from max level players, or if they will continue to ignore xp, in order to gain more stat points
2-it will make players that choose to gain levels even more helpful in GLTQs, than they already are.
3-it will give another SMALL buff to max level players in war (10attack, 10def)
4-#4 should make the game more interesting (bringing back the need Togo way over vault in order to build/upgrade, to bring back the old BD10 run)

Yes, I understand that these would not be major changes, but that is what I think is best (not necessarily my changes, but small changes that will help HLPs, without completely changing the current system.)

Any further suggestions, comments, or criticisms?

Alleran
08-22-2013, 05:46 AM
That's the dumbest idea I've heard today. And I work with morons.

Also, thanks for starting a new thread when the "thoughts and ideas" thread was at the top of the list.

You're a real winner!

Hersh
08-22-2013, 05:50 AM

Fair enough, care to share which (or all) of those are dumb, and your reasoning in thinking they are "the dumbest ideas today" as you do eloquently put it?

Lol, and far as the thought and idea thread go, this was specifically aimed at one problem, instead of the many problems that already exist.

Alleran
08-22-2013, 05:55 AM
care to share which (or all) of those are dumb, and your reasoning in thinking?

Not really.

And WOW! I think you responded to me in less than a minute! Keep trolling the forums starting duplicate threads with your stupid ideas.

WINNING!

Kronous
08-22-2013, 05:57 AM
a jr member with panties in a wad!!!

Why is everyone so angry about a free game?

Oh, I like the thread. I am not a camper and any perks that i can get while leveling up would bring a smile to my face!!!

Also, thanks for starting a new thread when the "thoughts and ideas" thread was at the top of the list.

You're a real winner!

Hersh
08-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Not really.

And WOW! I think you responded to me in less than a minute! Keep trolling the forums starting duplicate threads with your stupid ideas.

WINNING!

Lmao, alright. Glad I could give you a forum to let out all that pent up anger and frustration over nothing. You have a nice day buddy

Gweo
08-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Adding a cons.
Whale zone. Uncollected manor don't last long in the upper levels.

Personally I don't think the attackers level should matter when calculating cp. A level 200 and a level 10 should get the same cp. Defenders level should still matter. Else there is no point to scout for targets.

hellhound604
08-22-2013, 06:12 AM
Agreed with the OP's points... And in Battle, I think it is silly that a lvl 1 player with 1attack can take out a lvl 200 player with 2 mill def by using only 2 power attacks. I feel the amount of attacks needed to take out the Guardian should be dependent on the attack strength of the person trying to take him out...

Hersh
08-22-2013, 06:32 AM
Adding a cons.
Whale zone. Uncollected manor don't last long in the upper levels.

Personally I don't think the attackers level should matter when calculating cp. A level 200 and a level 10 should get the same cp. Defenders level should still matter. Else there is no point to scout for targets.

Added whale zone to original post.

As far as the cp go, I kind of like that, so something like:
Defenders level 1-10: 1-25cp
11-20: 26-50cp
21-30: 51-75cp
31-40 76-100cp
Etc etc ?

That way level 200s can smash each other and get lots of points, and if your a LLP, and you beat someone way above you, you still get lots of points, and If you're a HLP that has to hit a LLP, you're still penalized for not being able to perform with others at your own level.

Hersh
08-22-2013, 06:34 AM
Agreed with the OP's points... And in Battle, I think it is silly that a lvl 1 player with 1attack can take out a lvl 200 player with 2 mill def by using only 2 power attacks. I feel the amount of attacks needed to take out the Guardian should be dependent on the attack strength of the person trying to take him out...

Im halfway with you. While I agree that it would be logical tha te stronger the defender, the more work you have to put in to knock them down, with the current pairing system id see tha as being a problem. What happens web a guild with avg stats of 500k or so come up against a guardian with 1.5kmil? Do they lose their chance to get any cp?

Chief_K
08-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Ok, so before I begin with my own ideas, I just want to say that while I completely agree that HLPS are definitely at a disadvantage as CP go, I do not personally feel that it is exactly as cut and dry as everyone makes it out to be, so we're gonna do some pros and cons real fast;

HLP cons:
-earn almost no cp when attacking lower level players
-don't earn as much cp for attacking players at the same level

The only real disagreement I have with the HLP "punishment" is when people say they don't earn as many points for attacking lower level players. I certainly don't think that they should get as many points. Why should a level 200 player get a lot of points for defeating a level 50 player? You should be better than them anyway by virtue of the higher level. Like it or not, stats are linked to XP and levels. For me, I think the strategy of the game is to get the most stats as possible while earning the fewest XP. The bonus for defeating players with higher levels than you is somewhat justified because higher level players should have higher stats. I'd like to think I am doing a pretty good job of playing the game if I am only level 50 but can defeat players over level 100. I think the only ones that are hurt by the bonus are very high level players who simply don't have the option to attack higher level players. Obviously, the highest a level 200 player can attack is only 200.

Chief_K
08-22-2013, 06:44 AM
Added whale zone to original post.

As far as the cp go, I kind of like that, so something like:
Defenders level 1-10: 1-25cp
11-20: 26-50cp
21-30: 51-75cp
31-40 76-100cp
Etc etc ?

That way level 200s can smash each other and get lots of points, and if your a LLP, and you beat someone way above you, you still get lots of points, and If you're a HLP that has to hit a LLP, you're still penalized for not being able to perform with others at your own level.

Sorry didn't see this response until after my previous post. This probably makes the most sense and would encourage players to level up instead of camping. If I want the most points then I will need to increase my stats (and likely my level) to get good enough to defeat the level 200 players.

It could become frustrating though with Guild Pairings. If they are based on average stats and not necessarily levels, I would be frustrated to get paired against level 50 players with avg. 200k stats instead of level 150 players with avg. 200k stats. Luck of the draw?

Zenobia
08-22-2013, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the topic - it is a different angle to take on the problem and worth looking into IMO. I think making the top lvl 225 and eventually 250, with new buildings available at higher levels is a good start. Perhaps boost buildings as well. Maybe even unit buildings that make units with high enough stats to be worth displacing some indestructibles for.

Perhaps after lvl 150, when you start getting frequent very low returns on CP, player can start getting 4 skill points per level. And at level 200+, 5 per level.

As for the whales, I've said it before: it would be great if Gree made some defense buildings that actually do something to help prevent you being raided. They are already in the game, just impotent right now. Maybe 1) beef up what the current defense buildings do - have them add a LOT of defense within their radius and 2) Every ten levels starting at level 150, a new, stronger type of defense building available for purchase. Also as regards the whale zone, once the level cap is raised, whales should no longer get to see 50 levels worth of prey that do NOT get to see the level 200 prey. That is unbalanced. The raiding aspect of the game would make SO much more sense if you could only be raided by a) someone with attack at least even in the ballpark to your defense, even it that means you have to build more defense for that to happen and b) someone whose level you can also see into, not just them yours.

Just some of my thoughts off the cuff.

Person
08-22-2013, 07:26 AM
Agreed with the OP's points... And in Battle, I think it is silly that a lvl 1 player with 1attack can take out a lvl 200 player with 2 mill def by using only 2 power attacks. I feel the amount of attacks needed to take out the Guardian should be dependent on the attack strength of the person trying to take him out... this is honestly the worst idea ever. Power attacking was put in place so you could take down the guild guardian relatively quickly, even if no one could beat him so you could start looking for targets. Make it damage dependent and you totally screw a top 100 guild which has the bad luck to be matched with FUN, RK or even a top 10 guild.

hellhound604
08-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Ok, so you think it is fair that a level 10 player who has been playing for a week, with 10k def, can take out a level 200 player, with 2 mill+ def, who has been playing for longer than a year with 2 wimpy power attacks?

jchow69
08-22-2013, 09:04 AM
Ok, so you think it is fair that a level 10 player who has been playing for a week, with 10k def, can take out a level 200 player, with 2 mill+ def, who has been playing for longer than a year with 2 wimpy power attacks?

I don't think it is fair, but when a top 100 guild for example matches with FUN, then, it's gonna take the whole guild to take down the guardian and everything would be a mess, but I do see where ya comin' from.

Cola3
08-22-2013, 09:15 AM

You're a real winner!
Wow Alleran, You are harsh to Hersh

hellhound604
08-22-2013, 09:22 AM
Agree 100% with Person. If you take out or greatly alter the Power attacking then it will alter the dynamics. Having taken the GG you still need to defeat the opponents.

But then, what is even the point of a guardian? They have absolutely no purpose in the league wars

plavine
08-22-2013, 09:53 AM
My thoughts:
1)Maybe the power attack should be eliminated.
2)ever since the LTQ's started , the game's focus gas shifted from strategy to bank account.
3) I have yet to see a response on the boards concerning cp so I don't think gree feels it is important.
4) if newer/ LLP didn't have so many high indestructible units, none of this would be happening. Make them work for it like we did. LTQ level should be 50 minimum

Hersh
08-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Lol, thanks cola.

And fixing low level stat inflation, as well as level 1 mega attacks...maybe make guilds have a minimum level requirement of at least 25?

jchow69
08-22-2013, 10:13 AM
My thoughts:
2)ever since the LTQ's started , the game's focus gas shifted from strategy to bank account.
3) I have yet to see a response on the boards concerning cp so I don't think gree feels it is important.
4) if newer/ LLP didn't have so many high indestructible units, none of this would be happening. Make them work for it like we did. LTQ level should be 50 minimum

In MW, it's level 40 minimum, but if some1 is at level 20 and its 50 minimum, they would not do the LTQ, and just camp and do boss events to gain strength.

Johan -
08-22-2013, 10:16 AM
My thoughts:

^^ x2
4) if it wasn't like this I never started a new LLP., within 1 month stats of 300k+, I could never have dreamed that 8 months ago!!