PDA

View Full Version : PvP LTQ's

Colony Colonel
08-24-2013, 12:56 PM
About 1 year+ ago now we had an LTQ where you had to defeat rivals in stages then kill the sea horror and then another 5 stages of rivals followed by defeat the sea terror for a HUGE 2k stat unit!!

Another quest months ago now 'save the princess'? you had to raid certain buildings such as barracks and castles etc.

Why don't we see these quests anymore? it's not that they were great fun but they were certainly a lot different than the quests that we get week in week out and I would quite like to see them come back.

In Modern War they also have rankings for combat. earn a certain number of points to go up in ranks and some LTQ's challenge players to individually and as a guild collect points and receive units depending on your individual rank and guild rank. Will this be implemented in Kingdom Age?

I have added a poll, with enough votes hopefully GREE will listen and either implement these or keep it exactly how it is!

Shinazueli
08-24-2013, 01:49 PM
Never ever mention raiding castles again where Gree might hear it.

Person
08-24-2013, 01:54 PM
I love all those events, give me reason to PVP :p

Colony Colonel
08-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Never ever mention raiding castles again where Gree might hear it.

Just gotta beat me to them ;)

Vachau
08-24-2013, 02:15 PM
It's true that all we get now is kill mob, kill boss, open box, kill mob, etc. it would be nice to add a "save the princess" style pvp LTQ into the mix. A little variety would end the staleness of this game. Perhaps something totally new would lift my excitement for the game.

nicsonology
08-24-2013, 08:28 PM
Pls dun do tat, dun mention abt castle, most people dislike tat

Bluedood
08-24-2013, 08:43 PM
I want the raid boss event to roll out before we distract gree with rolling out a pvp event. Let's see how the raid boss works first.

zach123
08-24-2013, 10:11 PM
First let them make sure what we currently get works as most of it keeps glitching and once they can fix what ltqs they give us then add more variety.

larrydavid
08-25-2013, 06:15 AM
PvP attacking, yes. PvP raiding, hell no.

plavine
08-25-2013, 07:16 AM
I agree that the old PvP/pve events were interesting .
However , searching for a castle gave me agita too!!!
Trying to find a 24 hour building to rob is just too annoying .
Since we already have guild quests, maybe gree will add the the PvP tournemant too.

Romel
08-25-2013, 07:24 AM
Yes raiding 24 hour buildings is annoying! If ever gree includes raiding, it should be raid any building

jchow69
08-25-2013, 09:31 AM
PvP attacking, yes. PvP raiding, hell no.

Ya, pvp attacking is better like in MW. I play MW, too, and I like the Commando Tournaments where you have to attack a certain amount of rivals for prizes.

Darth Randy
08-25-2013, 10:14 AM
I think any PvP event would be nice if tied to a guild event. I personally don't mind raiding, even the castle events though frustrating were exciting when you found 1 up, but yeah, any building would be better.

Person
08-25-2013, 11:24 AM
Castle, manor, cottage, everything is better than the kill 3k mobs quests

Colony Colonel
08-25-2013, 11:51 AM
It was barracks, bazaars, cottages etc before. Easy to find but the unit buildings made you lose dragons!! Back in the day when it actually mattered!

jchow69
08-25-2013, 01:14 PM
It was barracks, bazaars, cottages etc before. Easy to find but the unit buildings made you lose dragons!! Back in the day when it actually mattered!

My first pvp in MW was a disaster. I couldn't find any natural gas plants to raid, lol. Better attacking.

KillerVirus666
08-26-2013, 07:04 AM
I vote yes 100%.

as for raiding quest, maybe have objectives like raid X amount of gold or destroy X amount of buildings

sister morphine
08-26-2013, 11:14 AM
If it was part of a mixed quest like before, sure why not. It would make a change and take some pressure off energy use.

But some gigantic PvP tourney like in MW and CC - absolutely not. I spend enough time tapping the screen without feeling obliged to give up the whole of every other weekend doing so

Person
08-26-2013, 11:38 AM
You people who are against raiding are too lazy lol, it's not so much different than raiding for money, as I get most of mine from daily and 2daily buildings

Darth Randy
08-26-2013, 12:22 PM
You people who are against raiding are too lazy lol, it's not so much different than raiding for money, as I get most of mine from daily and 2daily buildings

So do I, but it's a lot different when everyone else in the game is hunting for them too. Most people don't raid regularly.

E-I
08-26-2013, 12:53 PM
I like PVP events. Everything except when you have to hunt down a 24 of 48 hour building. That can suck up hours and hours of your time. And no amount of gems is going to fix that.

My guess is that Gree dropped our PVP quests because people used less gems. I have no evidence to support that, but it sounds like the type of BS you would expect from Gree.

Colony Colonel
08-26-2013, 01:49 PM
I like PVP events. Everything except when you have to hunt down a 24 of 48 hour building. That can suck up hours and hours of your time. And no amount of gems is going to fix that.

My guess is that Gree dropped our PVP quests because people used less gems. I have no evidence to support that, but it sounds like the type of BS you would expect from Gree.

Sea terror event was to attack around 2000 people in total for a 2k unit. now if this was done again but with each step giving out tasty rewards with 8 9 and 10 being quite stamina costly to complete but giving very nice rewards, maybe building upgrade +1 bonus attached etc then maybe people would pay?

Raistlin-MN
08-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Based on the name of the event, wouldn't it reason to believe that the Raid Boss events may be some form of PVP quests? I'll take just about any type of quest over the damn box quests - except from GreeD's perspective...

Sgt Maj
08-26-2013, 02:39 PM
I voted yes in the poll simply because we need to mix it up a bit!

Murderer of Bunnies
08-26-2013, 03:09 PM
I would like to see events tied to raiding money or exp doesnt matter both would be fun

War Eagle
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
I'm all for bringing back those "raid X number of castles" and such. Quests like those actually required people to do some work. Searching your battle list. Looking for those precious uncollected castles. More quests like that would help provide some separation among those who get rewards. It would actually give me a tiny sliver of a chance of getting a unit with a modifier that others with low stamina (or low motivation) might pass on because of the work involved. Right now it's just tap tap tap away at LTQs, no real effort required.

That said... not sure how to vote because I would also like to see the addition of a Modern War style ranking system.

Colony Colonel
08-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Based on the name of the event, wouldn't it reason to believe that the Raid Boss events may be some form of PVP quests? I'll take just about any type of quest over the damn box quests - except from GreeD's perspective...

How would raiding 1 player tie into a boss and your entire guild? I'm interested to see how this event unfolds.