PDA

View Full Version : Guild Quests

Klassenr@hotmail.com
08-25-2013, 12:04 AM
After much thought I am curious if anyone has similar views on the guild quests. sA- consists of 4 guilds spread throughout the rankings. It seems to me that the final unit of the guild quests are out of reach for all but the top 50 guilds (Probably less imo). Take the current Boss guild quest with 1200 boss kills total as an example... The average free player has not had the advantage of top war placement to receive units with attached bonuses. They also dont finish Heroic LTQ's which have had units with attached bonuses, nor box events, etc.. Those attached bonuses are things like health regen which are critical in this Boss event. So the average free player can maybe take the boss to 30. That means the average guild would need at minimum 40 players fininshing level 30. Since most guilds outside top 100 are all free players, that would mean less unlocks, less members, etc in guild bonuses.. Basically it seems out of reach for free players or any guild below top 100.

I would think as a company GREE would want to set achievable goals. Unachievable goals will eventually send the free player running. Without free players, then gemmers may lose interest in fighting only each other.

Just my two Gems.

Sir Pleazar (S2N) K
08-25-2013, 04:07 AM
Couldn't agree more.

Colony Colonel
08-25-2013, 04:17 AM
What's the resolution then? make it easier and the top guilds get it easier :/

Person
08-25-2013, 04:47 AM
More importantly, make it easier and more guilds get it for free. That's not Gree's philosophy :)

Eunuchorn
08-25-2013, 04:50 AM
I would think as a company GREE would want to set achievable goals. Unachievable goals will eventually send the free player running.

You would think so, but it seems a large majority of the player base actually gets some sort of satisfaction only sort of playing the Gree games. I am blown away by how many people there are playing these games. I took my ally count to 50 as an experiment & I was stunned by how many lvl 100+ there are w/ very low allies, crap stats, & up to date mobs. Then you see the number of people under level 50, & that's just KA, much less the other games. Where are they all coming from & how are they at all satisfied being mediocre? Why even play at all?
That being said, I don't know what it means to actually have a life or "do things".
Anhedonia ftw

Johan -
08-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Like in RL, the rich getting richer and the poor, well....they get nothing..
Of course the Top guilds spend as much as necessary to finish the quests, while the free players only can sit by and watch. For guild questsit will not change..many players are also teenagers who simply cannot spend money on the game.
Anyway time will tell. For free players very soon there will no reason anymore to play this game.
Without gems no success for victory.
The tone is set and what we have seen already more and more players will retire from this game.

Eunuchorn
08-25-2013, 07:30 AM
Like in RL, the rich getting richer and the poor, well....they get nothing..
Of course the Top guilds spend as much as necessary to finish the quests, while the free players only can sit by and watch. For guild questsit will not change..many players are also teenagers who simply cannot spend money on the game.
Anyway time will tell. For free players very soon there will no reason anymore to play this game.
Without gems no success for victory.
The tone is set and what we have seen already more and more players will retire from this game.

Good, we only need a top 500 guilds anyways. :)

Gree Employee Manual:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48856-Epic-Moral-Struggles-amp-the-Enslavement-of-a-Republic-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-CJ54

sousas
08-25-2013, 01:57 PM
Guild quest are the best way that free players have to be competitive. In an average guild, there are free players and players that pay, and those usually perform better for benefit of the whole group.

On the other hand, There will always be players that are stronger than you, but that is a thumb rule for you as well for everyone who don't belong to FUN. You don't need to be unhappy for being raided once in a while.

IMHO a player just need to be in a top200 guild to be "competitive" (ie being able to raid a lot of players, receiving war bonus, and make 3/4 of the GLTQ. You will not win tormentor unit but that will happen with almost everyone.

Therefore My advise for players outside a top200 guild & unhappy with their present situation is simply MOVE UP!! You are just wasting time.

You just have to go to guild recruitment and search for a better guild who is looking for new players. As long as you are active they will accept you because you will bring CP & gold, open boxes, and defeat bosses for the group, something they are always looking for.

jchow69
08-25-2013, 02:08 PM
Just a way 4 Gree to make money. If the whole guild has members at level 50 with 500k stats, then they can just keep killing and kill 1200 bosses collectively without gem usage.

Danthorne
08-25-2013, 02:14 PM
I agree with the OPs assessment. A solution could be to have a (working...) algorithm to set guild quest requirements based on size/strength parameters where it's a challenge to finish, but still in the realms of possibility of completing.

Kingdom Age has reached it's maturity. Their focus is not on attracting new players but devising ways to keep the upper end of the paying players, paying. Going to see a fair amount of players "retiring " by year end I'm guessing.

sister morphine
08-25-2013, 02:50 PM
@Danthorne, assuming you're the same guy who tried to attack me 4 hours ago. You still need to collect your manors :cool:

Danthorne
08-25-2013, 03:24 PM
Galadrial? yeah, didnt check stats first. It's the pit traps you're seeing behind them, though. 😯

procsyzarc
08-25-2013, 03:35 PM
If the guild quests are so easy that anyone can complete them then whats the point of even having them? You might as well just give people the prizes when they log in.

They are done pretty well (apart from the matching discrepancies in wars) yes the strong will get stronger but that will always be the case. Even a free low ranked guild will be able to get 80% of the way through the majority of GLTQs so not seeing the issue. Every game I can think of that has made the top prizes so easy that everyone has them has failed, KA is already pushing this now.

sister morphine
08-25-2013, 04:08 PM
Galadrial? yeah, didnt check stats first. It's the pit traps you're seeing behind them, though. 😯
That's the one. Ok thanks, I was gonna do the job for you but won't bother now, lol

Klassenr@hotmail.com
08-25-2013, 05:48 PM
Perhaps I didnt explain myself well enough. Nothing is completely free, and I am FAR from a free player. It simply seems if they put the goals a little closer, but still 'just' out of reach it may encourage some to give extra effort and perhaps even small purchases because suddenly it looks achievable..

sister morphine
08-26-2013, 05:10 AM
Perhaps I didnt explain myself well enough. Nothing is completely free, and I am FAR from a free player. It simply seems if they put the goals a little closer, but still 'just' out of reach it may encourage some to give extra effort and perhaps even small purchases because suddenly it looks achievable..
With such a range of strengths amongst players it'd be very hard to do so, but on principle I'd support a move towards making quests achievable by the most active and dedicated free players. That would require a large input of time, so it wouldn't affect those gem spenders who like to bash through the quests as fast as they can.

We all know it won't happen. The President of Gree is a billionaire who made his money running gacha (http://www.economist.com/node/21554533) games in Japan. Since the government there cracked down on such games the focus has shifted to making maximum profits out of the former Funzio games.