PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Gree!

Person
08-26-2013, 10:05 PM
For adding a 50% raid gold payout bonus on the Skypirate to atone for the screwup you made!

Johan -
08-27-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes, I see it !
Strange that GREE stays silent along the way....

No news about the update,
No update about changing the bonus...strange..strange..strange...
No news about changing the guild boss event screw-up ( 1200 kills to 1390)...

Maybe a new forum with real moderators would be a step in the good direction....

procsyzarc
08-27-2013, 01:05 AM
What was that prize for? I must have it since I just checked and have +90% (pitty leveling is punished so much that I don't raid at all to take advantage)

CantHardlyWait
08-27-2013, 01:40 AM
Any screenshots?I have finished this part also and no bonus yet!hmm..Thanks

Eunuchorn
08-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Yes, I see it !
Strange that GREE stays silent along the way....

No news about the update,
No update about changing the bonus...strange..strange..strange...
No news about changing the guild boss event screw-up ( 1200 kills to 1390)...

Maybe a new forum with real moderators would be a step in the good direction....

Hi, you must be new here, you should probably read this:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?48856-Epic-Moral-Struggles-amp-the-Enslavement-of-a-Republic-A-Day-in-the-Life-of-CJ54

Person
08-27-2013, 03:18 AM
What was that prize for? I must have it since I just checked and have +90% (pitty leveling is punished so much that I don't raid at all to take advantage)fixed reward for 33/40 normal of the rage of the unholy ltq

l3lade2
08-27-2013, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the post.....made me aware that I don't have this damn unit!! Got all the ones after including 40/40 but no Sky Pirate.

Ticket sent, I wants my +50%!!

Greybeard
08-27-2013, 08:48 AM
fixed reward for 33/40 normal of the rage of the unholy ltq

I see a Raiders Cutter for step 33/40 of normal on RotU LTQ. Is that the one you are talking about? And if so, how do you check to see what bonus is attached to a unit? It's not listed under my individual bonuses tab.

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 11:26 AM
So when the quest was going on, Gree said the 33/40 normal unit awarded, the Sky Reaver 123/88 was a mistake and it should have been a better unit. Now after the update some of us got the Sky Pirate, and some did not. I am wondering: Is it possible Gree only awarded the +50% raid gold unit to people who completed the quest through 33/40 normal when it was obscenely heavy XP per mob? Just an informal poll:

1) Did you receive the +50% raid gold Sky Pirate after the update?

2) Did you complete at least through 33/40 normal before the XP were reset to reasonable levels?

Colony Colonel
08-27-2013, 11:37 AM
So when the quest was going on, Gree said the 33/40 normal unit awarded, the Sky Reaver 123/88 was a mistake and it should have been a better unit. Now after the update some of us got the Sky Pirate, and some did not. I am wondering: Is it possible Gree only awarded the +50% raid gold unit to people who completed the quest through 33/40 normal when it was obscenely heavy XP per mob? Just an informal poll:

2) Did you complete at least through 33/40 normal before the XP were reset to reasonable levels?

yes and yes :)

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Oh, I didn't answer my own question, lol!

1) Yes.
2) Yes.

3) Whoo-hoo! THANK YOU, GREE! If they did indeed only award the extra-special unit to those who paid a very heavy XP price on the quest, well, that is the most right thing Gree has ever done IMO!

jchow69
08-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Huh, well, I didn't do any of it, but if it was a health regen unit of like 40%, then lol.

sister morphine
08-27-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh, I didn't answer my own question, lol!

1) Yes.
2) Yes.

3) Whoo-hoo! THANK YOU, GREE! If they did indeed only award the extra-special unit to those who paid a very heavy XP price on the quest, well, that is the most right thing Gree has ever done IMO!
Err, I have the 50% bonus but have no idea if I went through this bit before the reset. Must have done I suppose but I did stop for several hours on level 29 I think (the one with the treants at over 100xp per hit!)

myxzyden
08-27-2013, 12:49 PM
any screen shot?

procsyzarc
08-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Finished normal mode with the high xp and do have it.

sister morphine
08-27-2013, 01:19 PM
any screen shot?

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y503/SisterMorphine63/9a57d5a7-9a92-45b9-94d4-35ab534a88e6_zpsb5000390.jpg
Here you go

Tigertiger55
08-27-2013, 01:21 PM
Since I now can't hit more than twice without crashing, 50% extra is my third hit. I'm soooo grateful

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 01:26 PM
screenshot of Sky Pirate bonus

jchow69
08-27-2013, 01:29 PM
50% looks so nice, if it was 50% health regen, I would go crazy 'bout it, lol.

myxzyden
08-27-2013, 01:32 PM
I completed Heroic 40/40 post XP mod. I didnt get the sky pirate. That was the compensation for Normal 37/40? Listed in the spreadsheet is Abyssal Commander 3124/1683

mj_
08-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Hey, nice boost didnt notice it until today!
1) yes
2) yes, i made it to the end of normal (maybe to 37?) before xp change.

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 01:59 PM
I completed Heroic 40/40 post XP mod. I didnt get the sky pirate. That was the compensation for Normal 37/40? Listed in the spreadsheet is Abyssal Commander 3124/1683
It was for 33/40 normal - the Sky Reaver 123/88.

mmalkove
08-27-2013, 02:00 PM

I think you may be right...

I DID recieve the 50% unit and I DID complete it during the HUGE XP payout so you may be on to something.

They needed to do something to make up for the 3.7 levels I gained and others didn't IMO

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
They needed to do something to make up for the 3.7 levels I gained and others didn't IMO
Exactly. I suspect they may have actually done that. Which is amazing! And IMO, this DOES compensate for the levels gained. That is a lot more gold for my guild considering the amount of raiding I do.

Hersh
08-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Argh! Xp woulda been worth it if I got that! Ahhhh!
Oh well, congrats on the new unit guys!

Darth Randy
08-27-2013, 02:57 PM
I did it in high XP mode and dont have the unit, but..................i killed the last mob on 40/40 with under 2 minutes to go and the game didnt give me credit so technically I did not complete normal mode, which appears to mean now that I got double tapped by Gree lag now.

SO yes, thank you Gree.

l3lade2
08-27-2013, 03:11 PM
OK.....I'm trying to find the post on the forum, from Sirius, where he acknowledged the error with the units and commented what the replacements would be. I have Gambits post where he lists the changes, including the Sky Pirate for 33/40 Normal, however;

I have just had a reply from GREE support to my ticket about missing Sky Pirate, which I won't post as they get angry. Props on the reply in ~24 hours nice to see, they say;

There was a problem with the unit for 33/40 and they did replace it, however the replacement unit was Raiders Cutter (I have looked in my units and its Machine 1992/1630) NOT the Sky Pirate.

If this is so, I have no idea where we got the Sky Pirate from, support didn't say, perhaps this was a Heroic replacement I don't know, but support say they gave everyone who completed 33/40 the Raiders Cutter....I can't find Sirius' comment to see whether he specifically referenced the Sky Pirate, and if he did whether he said what level it would be for.

sister morphine
08-27-2013, 05:06 PM
Sky Pirate is probably for 37/40 replacing the errant Abyssal General. I can't imagine why it should be so hard to put an announcement for this stuff :rolleyes:

I'd like to know whether anything will be done about the weapon error for H 14/40, or has been done, or whatever. :p

Rocco69
08-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes and yes.
Oh yeah and yes to ticket submitted on xp.

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Gree SPECIFICALLY said while the LTQ was still on that we would get a "Sky Pirate" later, the prize that should have been 33/40 normal instead of the weak Sky Reaver. The Sky Pirate's stats fit perfectly in between the 31/40 and 35/40 unit stats. And is the name of the item they SPECIFICALLY called out as the replacement. If they now go back on their word, to those of us who had completed that stage by that time, their WORD that we would get the Sky Pirate, that is SO WRONG.

Here I was thinking Gree had actually gotten something right. Twice in recent LTQs they screwed people who go through quests quickly, letting players who start late do so without paying the many-levels price we did. Then I get the Sky Pirate. Other people who were screwed over many levels got the Sky Pirate. People who were not screwed over many levels did not get the Sky Pirate. This is what is called "the right thing to do". Even those who did not get the Sky Pirate agree it made sense for those who were punished with many levels to be the ones to get recompense in the form of the Sky Pirate. I should have realized Gree would never do the right thing. Now they are saying they not only will not do the right thing, but also TAKE AWAY from us what we rightfully earned AND were promised. WTF? W? T? F?

Hersh
08-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Wait, are you saying they took the unit back??

STRIDER 1
08-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Gree SPECIFICALLY said while the LTQ was still on that we would get a "Sky Pirate" later, the prize that should have been 33/40 normal instead of the weak Sky Reaver. The Sky Pirate's stats fit perfectly in between the 31/40 and 35/40 unit stats. And is the name of the item they SPECIFICALLY called out as the replacement. If they now go back on their word, to those of us who had completed that stage by that time, their WORD that we would get the Sky Pirate, that is SO WRONG.

Here I was thinking Gree had actually gotten something right. Twice in recent LTQs they screwed people who go through quests quickly, letting players who start late do so without paying the many-levels price we did. Then I get the Sky Pirate. Other people who were screwed over many levels got the Sky Pirate. People who were not screwed over many levels did not get the Sky Pirate. This is what is called "the right thing to do". Even those who did not get the Sky Pirate agree it made sense for those who were punished with many levels to be the ones to get recompense in the form of the Sky Pirate. I should have realized Gree would never do the right thing. Now they are saying they not only will not do the right thing, but also TAKE AWAY from us what we rightfully earned AND were promised. WTF? W? T? F?

Everyone that is reading this thread and getting confused, should really go read my original thread which explains it all.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65433-SIRIUS...-I-have-found-another-possible-WRONG-UNIT-in-the-Rage-of-the-Unholy-LTQ...

1) The sky pirate is NOT wrong. The sky reaver was. this is for 33/40 normal. sky pirate should NOT be removed. it was annouced by sirius which was copied/pasted on my thread.

2) The Abyssal General is wrong. It should be replaced by the Abyssal Commander at 3124/1683. The announced replacement Raiders Cutter is ALSO wrong. this is for 37/40 normal.

Zenobia
08-27-2013, 07:06 PM
1) The sky pirate is NOT wrong. The sky reaver was. this is for 33/40 normal. sky pirate should NOT be removed. it was annouced by sirius which was copied/pasted on my thread.

2) The Abyssal General is wrong. It should be replaced by the Abyssal Commander at 3124/1683. The announced replacement Raiders Cutter is ALSO wrong. this is for 37/40 normal.

I agree completely on #1, though I admit I don't know much about #2. And don't really care nearly as much if I should have the Abyssal Commander which I do not. But tonight CJ54 is saying we were NOT supposed to get the Sky Pirate (that we were supposed to get the Raider's Cutter to replace the weak Sky Reaver on 33/40 regular), and threatening to take the Sky Pirate away from those of us who did. That is where my confusion / upset / ire comes from.

The other source of confusion is why did some who completed through 33/40 on the quest get the Sky Pirate and others did not. In asking people here and elsewhere, so far every person who did receive the Sky Pirate had completed through that part of the quest at least, BEFORE they changed the XPs on the mobs. And no one who waited for the XP to go down got one.

My theory is the Sky Pirate is Gree making up to us for having cheated us and not others in terms of XP / levels. Especially since in the previous über-high XP LTQ when they did the same thing, changing the rules in the middle of the game, it is very likely almost the same exact set of people who got screwed twice. The Sky Pirate makes sense as a way of making up to us for that. And that is why I am EXTRA upset that they are threatening to take it away from us.

dbailey30
08-27-2013, 09:21 PM
I did receive the Sky Pirate. I did complete that level prior to the XP being lowered. I have updated to version 2.0.

War Eagle
08-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I did not receive the Sky Pirate. To Sirius, and all else at Gree, this is very unfair to award some players this unit (which includes a significant bonus modifier) but not all.

justsomedood5
08-27-2013, 11:30 PM
I did not receive the Sky Pirate. To Sirius, and all else at Gree, this is very unfair to award some players this unit (which includes a significant bonus modifier) but not all.

Agreed. Gree either needs to remove the sky pirate or award it to all that completed the stage. I admit its a great unit to have, but that bonus is beyond egregious and isn't fair to the broader KA community.

Johan -
08-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Agreed. Gree either needs to remove the sky pirate or award it to all that completed the stage. I admit its a great unit to have, but that bonus is beyond egregious and isn't fair to the broader KA community.

Well, I'm very happy with the bonus unit and I don't want to lose it!!
Maybe a few didn't receive the unit, but for sure many other players didn't bother to start with the quest due to the high XP.

We paid with our gems and XP for this and therefore this unit should stay. Players who didn't receive this unit while they were in a higher level already, they should send in a ticket., the others don't have to complain because it was their choice not to continue with the quest.

edit: just checked my wife's profile and she doesn't have the unit, she stopped and was waiting for the lower XP..., she continued after the news the XP was lower again..

EiZ
08-28-2013, 01:17 AM
I did the LTQ to lvl 35 normal, pre the xp was lowered, i have updated but still no sky pirate, guess im screwed again....

Tigertiger55
08-28-2013, 01:40 AM
I stopped at 21/40. Started again when XP was lowered. Completed using gems. Have the Sky Pirate

What1976
08-28-2013, 02:15 AM
I stopped at 21/40. Started again when XP was lowered. Completed using gems. Have the Sky Pirate

I did this too, and i did not get the sky pirate, I keep wondering how the "winners" got selected??

Swede
08-28-2013, 03:24 AM
I think its no more then fair that the ones who completed that part of the quest while the xp still was sky high, gets the skypirate reward. Because Gree didnt fix the levels gained for those people.
Either withdraw the xp and levels that was gained or compensate with skypirate and the bonus.
Otherwise the players who rushed trough first only had a disadvantage against the ones who waited.

And of course I have a personal intrest in this ;)

Person
08-28-2013, 03:32 AM
Everyone that is reading this thread and getting confused, should really go read my original thread which explains it all.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65433-SIRIUS...-I-have-found-another-possible-WRONG-UNIT-in-the-Rage-of-the-Unholy-LTQ...

That thread only confused me further, are they going to take my Sky Pirate?
CJ said the Raider Cutter was for 33/40 and they were going to remove all sky pirates!

l3lade2
08-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Unfortunately I've added to the confusion a little bit, whilst searching for Sirius' comment about the Sky Pirate being the correct reward I had multiple forum windows open and posted the same reply to 2 threads.....for those that haven't seen it, CJ yesterday replied in http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65182-Rage-of-the-Unholy-LTQ-Event-amp-prizes..!/page8

We're sorting this out now. The sky pirate was not meant to be the reward for that step, nor was the sky raider. We are in the process of removing the sky pirate and have already added the correct item.

This 'suggests' that GREE might be trying to take the Sky Pirate away from people that have it, but this is all it is, an interpretation of what CJ has written, it doesn't specifically say so, and CJ himself has always in the past said that GREE have no way of doing this, so it may not be the case we will have to wait and see.
Also on Strider's thread;

That was the result of a second miscommunication with the design team. We removed all those this morning and added the correct item, which was the Raider's Cutter. I apologize for the immense confusion on this one, guys.

The problem remaining for GREE is that Sirius did specifically state publically that the Sky Pirate was the correct unit and would be changed to be the reward for 33/40. Now everyone makes mistakes from time to time, can accept that, had Sirius simply made a mistake on the forum, got the name wrong, and the Dev team had never actualy introduced the Sky Pirate into the live LTQ then fair enough. The problem is that the Devs clearly got it wrong as well, introduced the Sky Pirate, someone noticed the error and changed it to Raiders Cutter...but only after some people had already completed 33/40 and been awarded the Sky Pirate. My main account got there a lot quicker than my mini, it has Sky Pirate my mini does not.

It has nothing to do with XP here, it's simply that Sky Pirate was the reward for a while, then it was changed.

I get so tired of *****ing about and to GREE lately that I can't be bothered to join the "pry it from my cold dead hands gang" on this one, but I'm sure the club will be full enough without me, go team :)

procsyzarc
08-28-2013, 05:20 AM
Not sure what's happening but.....

If they can remove an item then they can remove the 3 levels (which they always claim they can't due to technical reasons)

Skyraiders
08-28-2013, 05:24 AM
not sure what's happening but.....

If they can remove an item then they can remove the 3 levels (which they always claim they can't due to technical reasons)

exactly!!!!!! This x 1million

Tigertiger55
08-28-2013, 05:28 AM
I did this too, and i did not get the sky pirate, I keep wondering how the "winners" got selected??
I was so het up about the abyssal commander I missed the whole sky pirate thing. So was surprised to find it in my inventory. May be something to do with having submitted tickets?

It's all a dream
08-28-2013, 05:35 AM
Not sure what's happening but.....

they can do this, but have to do it one at a time. they dont consider it worth it. big question is why do they bother with this unit?

l3lade2
08-28-2013, 06:08 AM
I was so het up about the abyssal commander I missed the whole sky pirate thing. So was surprised to find it in my inventory. May be something to do with having submitted tickets?

No, read the thread.

E-I
08-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Anyone else have both the Sky Pirate and the Raider's cutter? :D

Does anyone have a list of all of these debated units plus stats? I scrolled through a couple of screens of infantry but didn't see either the Abyssal Commander or General units. Maybe I didn't go far enough.

It's all a dream
08-28-2013, 06:13 AM
did you check Gambit's thread?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65182-Rage-of-the-Unholy-LTQ-Event-amp-prizes..!&referrerid=47800

E-I
08-28-2013, 06:41 AM
did you check Gambit's thread?
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?65182-Rage-of-the-Unholy-LTQ-Event-amp-prizes..!&referrerid=47800

Yes, but I didn't see what the Abyssal General was replaced with in there. Just Dark Catapult (meh) and Sky Pirate (which apparently now is supposed to be the Raider's Cutter???).

It's all a dream
08-28-2013, 06:44 AM
thought you would have seen it, but couldnt hurt trying. Im sorry i dont know either. Maybe combine this thread with 'lack of communication' :)

E-I
08-28-2013, 06:58 AM
thought you would have seen it, but couldnt hurt trying. Im sorry i dont know either. Maybe combine this thread with 'lack of communication' :)

Yeah, for real. I guess it is too much to ask Gree to make a post (or heaven forbid a sticky) explaining what has been done.

For the time being I guess I will just enjoy my Sky Pirate and Raider Cutter. :D

Person
08-28-2013, 08:08 AM
guess i thanked Gree too fast

procsyzarc
08-28-2013, 11:55 AM
they can do this, but have to do it one at a time. they dont consider it worth it. big question is why do they bother with this unit?

I know they can but the answer for can't be ****ed is always " due to technical and policy reasons we are unable to do this"

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-28-2013, 04:59 PM
*sigh*

Just started reading this thread, hopes going up, check my game, finished reading the thread and the others from Sirius, hopes crashing.

If I had that bonus, I probably would get more raiding than the player would collecting....haha!

In all fairness, I think in the past when Gree put out units on LTQs that had bonuses attached to them, they were all mistakes. I'm really glad they didn't change those at all. Since then, they've only done that once, and again I think it was an error.

Although it is sucky they took away that unit that had a bonus, I'm happy they agreed to seeing the first units as an error and changing them. They could have left those in place anyway.