PDA

View Full Version : Experiencing repeated crashing after updating to 2.0? Read here for the fix!

TheOracle
08-28-2013, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone,

In the latest update, we changed around some coding which caused some incompatibility with phones running older iOS versions. Going forward, players should be on at least iOS 5.0 to prevent these crash issues.

If you are on an older iOS version, you can update your phone by syncing it to iTunes and clicking the upgrade button.

If you are still experiencing repeated crashing while running iOS 5.0+, please let us know either on this post or in a ticket and we'll look into it.

We do apologize for any inconvenience this causes you.

Diadexxus
08-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh I have 5.1.1 I think? Looking under SETTINGS-->version?
-J

YYnQQ
08-28-2013, 12:36 PM
If upgrading iOS is the only solution, then I am seriously thinking of quitting KA for good. Old device can't keep up with latest iOS, and I do not want to risk losing any of my data in iPad just for a game.

GREE, please change requirements to iOS5 or later instead of iOS 4.3 or later in upgrade details and highlight it somewhere obvious.

Tigertiger55
08-28-2013, 12:41 PM
Using 5.1.1 on iPad one. Crashes already endemic but after update, can add: ,raiding, viewing profiles, checking rankings, read comments, toggle system messages, viewing own stats! And, of course, sending a ticket

Person
08-28-2013, 12:52 PM
If upgrading iOS is the only solution, then I am seriously thinking of quitting KA for good. Old device can't keep up with latest iOS, and I do not want to risk losing any of my data in iPad just for a game.

GREE, please change requirements to iOS5 or later instead of iOS 4.3 or later in upgrade details and highlight it somewhere obvious.

... do you even know what you're asking now?

"hey Gree just rewrite everything you just released, thanks you're great!"

Kronous
08-28-2013, 01:31 PM
im iOS 6.1.3 and crashing 3-4 times a day since update
Kronous
396-723-471

MidnightExpress
08-28-2013, 01:47 PM
iOS 5.1.1 and crashes after in KA for 10 minutes or so... When Raiding I get 1 hit in and it crashes.. This is horrible!!!

Costerroller
08-28-2013, 03:07 PM
I'm running the game on my iPad 2 with IOS 6.1.3, and yes there's a fault with the latest KA upgrade.

On a number of maps I've visited the game just freezes.

Good times!

-OP-
08-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Running iOS 7 and no crashes on an iPad 3. With the older version I could not raid...that has been corrected though the raid profile takes a while to load then returns "testuser123 instead of actual player name until I scroll down then back up.

Overall seems to work good with iOS 7.

mikeyd2012
08-28-2013, 09:35 PM
iOS 5.1.1 , Ipad gen 1. got the latest iOS for this model. It still crashes everytime I load the game.. Been nearly a year, never had so many problems. I dont post much on the forums( lolz) but just figured why not.. Hopefully, Gree will figure this out.

Princess Acacia
08-28-2013, 10:39 PM
I have iOS version 6.1.4 and I have been locked out of the game for 6+ hours already. As a KA addict, I am going through withdrawals and am very concerned about missing any of the Raid Boss Event. I was booted from my guild at the same time, and the founder and other members asked me why I left the guild-not my choice! Please help restore my game before the raid boss event goes live.

Rawrimabear
08-28-2013, 10:54 PM
iOS 5.1.1 on a gen 1 iPad. I can't get more than 2 or 3 hits in during a raid without crashing. Trying to go from my kingdom to any map causes a crash 75% of the time. I have forcefully closed down all apps and rebooted the device several times. That used to help the crash issue, however marginally, but it no longer has any effect. I also crash on starting the app 1 in 5 times.

These crashes aren't new to me but 2.0 is a hundred times worse than the previous version as far as thses crashes go.

Diadexxus
08-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Exactly my problem with same thing as well!
-j

Tigertiger55
08-29-2013, 12:18 AM
Gree, iPad one users are, almost by definition, among your most loyal customers. You have royally shafted us with 2.0

Bluedood
08-29-2013, 07:14 AM
I have a first gen IPad and have a few tips to help gameplay. Once you have synced with iTunes and have the newest version of iOS. The game could be crashing because your computer/iPad does not have enough memory to support what is being presented onscreen.

First close out all windows in Safari, I for one have days where I leave open five or six pages and toggle between pages. This could be using some resources that would be better served in your kingdom.

Next go to settings--->general--->spotlight search. There deselect everything except what you consider essential, mine only has email and apps.

Again settings--->general--->safari. Clear cache,clear history,clear cookies. This one helps a bunch, some websites leave a bunch of crap that bogs down your system.

Finally, double tap your home button, the round indent that has a square on it. That will pop up all the apps you are currently running. Hold down any of the apps until they shake and red minus signs appear above all. Select all apps you are not using. Press your home button again.

Now the game should run much better and crash less often. I have a first generation iPad for my LLP and it's mostly playable. Yes, most times I open the game the splash screens are messed up and I need to close and re open. Once in certain maps are hard to get to. If going direct to a map crashes, go to lanibods crypt first, for some reason I can go anywhere from that map.

Hope this helps everyone.

asher78
08-29-2013, 08:24 AM
I have IOS 4.3.3, even after closing all app's / windows in safary, clear cache ... etc still does not work....
Gree - please help....
:(

Rena
08-29-2013, 01:38 PM
I am running 6.1.3 and I can't even get into the game

Booooozle
08-29-2013, 02:30 PM
Yea, my iPad is handling it fine but my ipod touch crashes KA constantly & this is not a new problem, it has always crapped out KA. All other apps are fine, just KA, please fix this.

Hope
08-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I am having the same problem as the other players playing on ipad... I can not even open the game. Please help and fix the problems on this new version....

Evantu
08-29-2013, 06:36 PM
iPad 2 with 6.1.3. Game was fine until two hours ago, now it will no longer load.

mikeyd2012
08-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I have a first gen IPad and have a few tips to help gameplay. Once you have synced with iTunes and have the newest version of iOS. The game could be crashing because your computer/iPad does not have enough memory to support what is being presented onscreen.

First close out all windows in Safari, I for one have days where I leave open five or six pages and toggle between pages. This could be using some resources that would be better served in your kingdom.

Next go to settings--->general--->spotlight search. There deselect everything except what you consider essential, mine only has email and apps.

Again settings--->general--->safari. Clear cache,clear history,clear cookies. This one helps a bunch, some websites leave a bunch of crap that bogs down your system.

Finally, double tap your home button, the round indent that has a square on it. That will pop up all the apps you are currently running. Hold down any of the apps until they shake and red minus signs appear above all. Select all apps you are not using. Press your home button again.

Now the game should run much better and crash less often. I have a first generation iPad for my LLP and it's mostly playable. Yes, most times I open the game the splash screens are messed up and I need to close and re open. Once in certain maps are hard to get to. If going direct to a map crashes, go to lanibods crypt first, for some reason I can go anywhere from that map.

thanks for the info! It did help the game run better.. still some crashes, but not so bad now.. Thanks!

Leophin
08-30-2013, 02:39 AM
Gree(d). This latest "fix" is a POS! I was in the middle of playing shortly after the upgrade was installed, when it froze. I have ow been unable to play for the last 24 hours. The game acts as if loading and suggests it is connecting to he server and simply crashes. I can't load at all. I am a long time player and Guild member (Magnus Imperium) and am to able to contribute at all o the current guild event. I am a frequent gem spender during guild wars and contribute heavily. However, this latest craptastic fix has killed my desire to continue dumping money into the game. Fix the issue.

MeowMix
08-30-2013, 02:45 AM
thanks for the info! It did help the game run better.. still some crashes, but not so bad now.. Thanks!

I found that turning off the last 3 settings (new from patch 2.0 and up) helps get rid of some crashing:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3567/5lsp.jpg

Princess Acacia
08-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Evantu and Hope: did you also get booted from your guild out of nowhere?

Evantu
08-30-2013, 10:21 AM
Don't know. Can't get back in game to check.

Sundelle
08-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Thanks! Have finally stopped crashing!

AV Doc
08-31-2013, 01:09 PM
I'm having the same problems as Leophin. I can't even get into the game to change any settings. I had been playing without major problem till today.

Rawrimabear
09-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Yes, most times I open the game the splash screens are messed up and I need to close and re open.

It's not just me! I haven't seen anyone else mention this before. Small comfort, I know.

I found that turning off the last 3 settings (new from patch 2.0 and up) helps get rid of some crashing:

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3567/5lsp.jpg

I don't even have the two parallax options. The last thing in the list is particle effects. And yes, I am running 2.0. Are they perhaps not normally available on the first gen iPad?

AV Doc
09-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Using an IPad 3 w/ system 6.1.3, still not able to get into game. Therefore can't write a ticket to GREE. Any help would greatly appreciated. I've missed all of my guilds Raid boss battles the last 48 hours. My in game name is Argyle. Hope to hear something soon from GREE.

Viscereality
09-02-2013, 12:43 PM
This helped a few peeps in our guild who were locked out of the event over the weekend. Uninstalling and reinstalling works fine (I've done it a few times to try and get the game to crash less - didn't work) and is pretty quick to do.

PatrickMadison
09-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Two kingdoms one on iPhone other on iPad and both are running latest iOS 6.1.3 and app continuously crashes and I'm forced to relaunch, occasionally it will not relaunch after this happens to begins to load then crashes and I'm forced to delete the app entirely and reinstall to get it to launch at all. Royal pain.

AV Doc
09-02-2013, 06:51 PM
Tried the uninstall/reinstall. So good so far. Thanks for the assistance.

Victor4407
09-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Hello,

I have IOS 6.1.3 on my iphone and I cant connect to the game at all.
If I uninstall and reinstall the game will I lose my character?
Or will it work fine?

Thx for the help.

Victor

Rawrimabear
09-04-2013, 06:03 AM

I followed what you posted here. I can now raid two enemy buildings before crashing instead of just one.. :/

Tigertiger55
09-04-2013, 06:29 AM
My record is three raids before crashing. Can I get a refund for skill points [now] wasted on stamina?

bird1992
09-04-2013, 10:49 AM
My record is three raids before crashing. Can I get a refund for skill points [now] wasted on stamina?
raiding game keeps Crashing running 6.1.13 iphone 4s

CJ54
09-04-2013, 05:31 PM
We're investigating crash issues experienced on iOS 5 or higher. For the people still having this issue; if you can send us your crash logs via the Support system (don't post them here) that would be exceptionally helpful in finding the exact cause.

Leophin
09-07-2013, 09:37 AM
I ended up doing a full reinstall of the program. Knock on wood---so far no issues. Seems ridiculous to
have to reinstall when upgrading the program.

Suki
09-09-2013, 08:50 PM
I have friends with iphone 4 who still cant get into the game since this update. Gree support doesnt even bother to return their emails. We've had the Raid Boss quest and the war without them -- what do we have to do to get them some help?

Rawrimabear
09-10-2013, 12:07 AM
We're investigating crash issues experienced on iOS 5 or higher. For the people still having this issue; if you can send us your crash logs via the Support system (don't post them here) that would be exceptionally helpful in finding the exact cause.

You'll have to be more specific on how to do that.

Tigertiger55
09-10-2013, 12:42 AM
You'll have to be more specific on how to do that.
Probably in breach of forum rules but to help out
www[dot]ondemandworld[dot]com/how-to-find-crash-logs/

Rawrimabear
09-10-2013, 09:25 AM
Well, without connecting my ipad to a computer, I've used a directory viewer and looked that stuff up. The newest crash log for KA is from January which is ridiculous. I've probably had thousands of crashes since then. Is there a way that crash logging had gotten turned off?

Bav
09-10-2013, 12:14 PM

I cannot get into the game to access the "support" system. Some help would be appreciated.

Tigertiger55
09-10-2013, 12:36 PM
1. If you've ever sent a ticket to gree it will be in your mail client sent items box. Edit as needed, delete the time stamp and resend. 2. Don't get your hopes up

Absolute silence
09-11-2013, 07:57 PM

I mean you absolutely no disrespect CJ, but it is impossible to send what you request as KA is crashing for myself and others when attempting to log in.

In other words , we click the icon... It indicates it is loading ...and then crash.

I am on an iPad 2 ....iOS 6

Dirt road Joe
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM
I mean you absolutely no disrespect CJ, but it is impossible to send what you request as KA is crashing for myself and others when attempting to log in.

In other words , we click the icon... It indicates it is loading ...and then crash.

I am on an iPad 2 ....iOS 6

While troubleshooting crashes, we may request a crash log to determine what is happening. Here are instructions to find a crash logs on Mac and Windows.

1. Sync with iTunes

Crash logs are transferred to iTunes whenever you sync your device. Plug in your device, and launch iTunes to complete the sync.

2. Retrieve the Crash Log

Mac Users:

1.Open Finder (found in the Dock)
2.Click on the 'Go' menu at the top of your screen, and select 'Go to Folder'
3.Type (or paste): ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/
4.Open the folder with the same 'name' as your device. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices').
5.You will see at least one item starting with 'Kingdom Age'. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.
6.Attach the file(s) to your reply, or send them to support.

Windows Vista/7 Users:

1.Open any Windows Explorer Window (My Computer, My Documents, etc.)
2.Enter %appdata%, and press enter
3.Navigate to Roaming > Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > *Device Name*. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices')
4.You will see at least one item starting with 'Kingdom Age'. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.
5.Attach the file(s) to your reply, or send them to support.

Windows XP Users:

1.Locate your Application Data folder. To see instructions on how to find this folder, click here: eHow: How to access the Application Data Folder
2.Navigate to Apple computer > Logs > CrashReporter > Mobile Device > *Device Name*. (Note: your device name appears in iTunes on the left side, under 'Devices')
3.You will see at least one item starting with 'Kingdom Age'. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.
4.Attach the file(s) to your reply, or send them to support.

I have never done this. But I believe it should work. I am not exactly sure everything these crash files would contain... but it would probably be a good idea to attach your device, IOS version and player ID as well. Just so they have some information to work with.

If the game is completely un-accessible send your tickets here...
https://games.gree-support.net/anonymous_requests/new
Otherwise send your tickets through the in-game option.

Ratma2001
09-11-2013, 10:30 PM
What is going on now !, i got booted from KA this morning at 7:00am couldnt log back in , deleted re-installed lost quest , log in , log out a few times just incase , still nothing did a remove and re-install again, got Guild quest back sent ticket no response , reloaded agauin still no individual quest !? now i have lost 9 hours off quest !
what else is there, i use an Iphone 5 , this is outta control was on 7/40 Heroic !

Nacon10
09-11-2013, 10:50 PM
What is going on now !, i got booted from KA this morning at 7:00am couldnt log back in , deleted re-installed lost quest , log in , log out a few times just incase , still nothing did a remove and re-install again, got Guild quest back sent ticket no response , reloaded agauin still no individual quest !? now i have lost 9 hours off quest !
what else is there, i use an Iphone 5 , this is outta control was on 7/40 Heroic !

sucks to be you

Dirt road Joe
09-11-2013, 11:19 PM

Go to menu-->More-->About
This should read, Version 2.0 Content Version ka_20130910_5

This should have the Quests loaded into it... if you have this data set yet don't have the quests... send a ticket and wait...

Baela3
09-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I have ios 5 and it is still crashing. More than ever before. I have been sending in support emails but haven't been getting answers from my latest trouble ticket.

Baela3
09-12-2013, 02:08 PM

CJ, I followed every bit of how to get those crash logs and they were not there. I sent a screen shot to Carmen showing the empty directory. The only thing I could find was a general report log with the KA prefix. I did send that in and haven't heard back

Ratma2001
09-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Go to menu-->More-->About
This should read, Version 2.0 Content Version ka_20130910_5

This should have the Quests loaded into it... if you have this data set yet don't have the quests... send a ticket and wait...

Thanks DRJ, i have the Guils quest still but not individual, its been over 24 hrs now since i lost it have updated , reloaded, deleted, logged on, logged off serveral times still not showing, sent tickets, nothing
I would have finished this quest but now have no chance ! this is ridiculous ! and if i send a ticket to say that i would have finished to support they will just say ...sorry we are getting our Techs to look into it someday in the next 5 years from now!
just give me the quest back or give me the units i would have won, it affects me it affects my guild !

PatrickMadison
09-17-2013, 01:22 PM
I'm running the latest IOS 6.1.3 and I have the latest version of KA KA_20130916_2 build 240.0 installed and the app keeps freezing and crashing at random on my iPad and iPhone at least once a day it crashes so hard that it will not relaunch and I'm forced to delete the app and reinstall it. When you going to fix this it has really become a problem.

Tigertiger55
09-17-2013, 01:37 PM
They won't / can't / don't care *

* delete as appropriate

Shiesl
09-18-2013, 01:21 AM
I have 6.1.3 and am also crashing, especially when doing an Attack.

792-185-243

Rick

BillyGates
09-18-2013, 03:01 AM
FYI, the device matters a lot.

My:
iPad mini with 6.1.3... no problems.
iPod Touch with 6.1.3... constant crashes... can barely do 10 'commands' in the game without a crash.

KA-player
09-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey everyone,

In the latest update, we changed around some coding which caused some incompatibility with phones running older iOS versions. Going forward, players should be on at least iOS 5.0 to prevent these crash issues.

If you are on an older iOS version, you can update your phone by syncing it to iTunes and clicking the upgrade button.

If you are still experiencing repeated crashing while running iOS 5.0+, please let us know either on this post or in a ticket and we'll look into it.

Updated IOS in my iphone to 7.0 and lost my account in Kingdom Age.
When started the game had begining of game with Level1.
What can I do to get my game back?
I lost, no chances t get back? I'm founder of guild and in this momment nobody from guild can't manage things inside. Played so much time for nothing. Just one update for IOS and game is lost forever?

Please I need your help.

Shadows
09-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Updated IOS in my iphone to 7.0 and lost my account in Kingdom Age.
When started the game had begining of game with Level1.
What can I do to get my game back?
I lost, no chances t get back? I'm founder of guild and in this momment nobody from guild can't manage things inside. Played so much time for nothing. Just one update for IOS and game is lost forever?

Please I need your help.

Please tell me you backed up your phone before updating the IOs...

Rawrimabear
09-22-2013, 11:58 PM
CJ, I followed every bit of how to get those crash logs and they were not there. I sent a screen shot to Carmen showing the empty directory. The only thing I could find was a general report log with the KA prefix. I did send that in and haven't heard back

Same. No logs anywhere. Would be nice to hear back from someone, but I suppose that's too much to ask.

Rawrimabear
09-25-2013, 04:04 PM
New version, same problems. Still can't raid a second building without closing the app first. Makes it hard to actually raid targets. Saw two level 5 manors, two level 10 playhouses and two level 8 lenders yesterday. Got one of the manors, spent 45 minutes refreshing the battle list looking for the guy again.

Still abstaining from gem purchases until this is resolved. If you want another customer, you know how to do it.

Nacon10
09-26-2013, 12:01 AM
New version, same problems. Still can't raid a second building without closing the app first. Makes it hard to actually raid targets. Saw two level 5 manors, two level 10 playhouses and two level 8 lenders yesterday. Got one of the manors, spent 45 minutes refreshing the battle list looking for the guy again.

Still abstaining from gem purchases until this is resolved. If you want another customer, you know how to do it.

you sound upset and since you saving all that money this may help you http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/puffs-ultra-soft-%26-strong-non-lotion-facial-tissue,-56-count-1-box--56-count/ID=prod6046769-product

Chaifi
09-26-2013, 05:06 PM
I wish it was just a crash! I just lost everything I gained over the last 2 months. Level progress, items, units, EVERYTHING!!!

HELP!!!!!

the_bob
09-27-2013, 11:34 AM
you sound upset and since you saving all that money this may help you http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/puffs-ultra-soft-%26-strong-non-lotion-facial-tissue,-56-count-1-box--56-count/ID=prod6046769-product

You sound cranky. This may help you http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/midol-teen-pain-reliever/diuretic-caplets/ID=prod5595-product

calzedonia
10-01-2013, 03:22 AM
Hey everyone,

Repeated crash ios 6.1.3 but still crashes and cannot lon on to game KA

Repeated crash ios 6.1.3 but still crashes and cannot lon on to game KA
Can

calzedonia
10-01-2013, 03:27 AM
I'm running the game KA on my iPad 2 with IOS 6.1.3, after the new LTQ release, i cannot log on to game , it crashes immediately.
Can 200069800

KA

Gerrald
10-01-2013, 05:13 AM
Was able to start the most recent LTQ, now game crashes as after I open up the app it goes to the connect sceen and closes, any ideas, suggestions?

DragCro
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
I have last ios 7.2 and it crashed to me few times

Nacon10
10-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I have last ios 7.2 and it crashed to me few times

you need to buy a new device .

itsaklayton
10-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Does anyone know how to reinstall the game on an iPad mini after installing iOS 7? I went through the AppStore and all it provides is a iCloud symbol.

Deadwater
10-02-2013, 06:56 AM
I can't even log in to the game...no ticket because I cant get into the game since the update.
I'm on ios 6.1.2

Deadwater
10-02-2013, 06:57 AM
I'm running the game KA on my iPad 2 with IOS 6.1.3, after the new LTQ release, i cannot log on to game , it crashes immediately.
Can 200069800

KA

Yes this is my problem too

DaVince
10-02-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi all,

I am experiencing crashes in KA while doing the current guild quest it is ok for about 10 kills, then freezes and shuts down. At the current time I can not even launch KA anymore it just shows the splash screen and dies. Tried restarting my ipad2, terminating the app, didn't help. IOS 7.0.2. Has been happening since install of IOS 7.

Frostpocket
10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Yep, me too. Splash screen, then death. Reinstalled, but just won't load now and says that it's failed to connect.

Fed up; first a lack of mobs, now, no game at all. Please help. 😥

DaVince
10-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

I am experiencing crashes in KA while doing the current guild quest it is ok for about 10 kills, then freezes and shuts down. At the current time I can not even launch KA anymore it just shows the splash screen and dies. Tried restarting my ipad2, terminating the app, didn't help. IOS 7.0.2. Has been happening since install of IOS 7.

I deleted and re-installed (gulp) KA on my ipad2. Now I can run - continued guild quest and it did not crash.
SFSG.

-->DaVince

Gree player
10-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone,

It has been more than a month and still you folks have not fixed the issue of KA 2.0 crashing frequently. People have started calling it "Crash" Age instead of Kingdom age. I have ios 6.1.3 on my ipod touch and i cannot even open the game. WTF! sooner or later people will start leaving this game as you guys are unable to support it. I would suggest you guys to give the support to third party who are expert in this domain.

Gree player
10-02-2013, 10:12 PM
Did you have all units, attack and defense same as earlier? I had done reinstall once but I lost all new units, lost almost 100k attack. I reported to gree support and just got their apology. I am a free player still a lot of my time has been wasted. I feel pity for those real money spenders who get kicked in their a$$ due to such technical problem and just get an apology.

Bourque
10-04-2013, 11:54 AM
I have ios 7 and ive been locked out now for 2 days, i was in the middle of killing monsters and trying to complete the gltq when it just kickedme out and wont let me back in. I also play MW and thats fine. Its frustrating, i had no choice but to start my own guild before the war and now its greatly suffering because im not there. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Capitalsfanatic
10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Experiencing crashes as Kingdom Age attempts to connect to server. Cannot enter the game. First occurrence this morning when game crashed while killing mobs in the Woodlands. Game crashed at that point and I have not been able to re-enter the app. I am currently on iPad 2, iOS 7.0.2. Please provide recommendations. Thanks

the_bob
10-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Patch notes said raid boss would use some fancy graphics that would run poorly on older devices. First gen iPad here and the boss event runs smoother than the last one did.....

....but I still can't raid more than one building without crashing.

Is building raiding more intensive than your new fancy pants raid boss? I doubt it. Bad coding is bad.

archrgrl
10-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Hey everyone,

I am running iOS 5.1.1 and I cannot do the current LTQ. the app keeps crashing. I can't participate in the guild quest either because it keeps crashing also. Please help!

Lord Vyper
10-10-2013, 06:24 AM
Seems like everybody in my guild with an iPhone 3GS and iOS 6.1.3 (iOS 7 not possible) has problems when raiding. Game crashes regulary after 2-4 attacks.

GreenEagle
10-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Unbelievably bad crashing, can't open half the maps, can't send ticket, can't get more than 1 hit in pvp, can't do a damn thing, I am running latest version of ios, but I have an iPad 1. Not gonna buy a new iPad for this game.

Idiokus
10-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Yep ...can't log in due to constant crashing. Can't send a ticket either! Was working fine earlier now I can't log in...believe 3rd round for Boss just started! How can I help my team if I can't log in!!!! Please fix whatever!!!!!

ELVIS2K13
10-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Bump bump bump

MidnightExpress
10-22-2013, 07:49 AM
Gree, please find a fix for this memory hog..... Who cares about fancy graphics, we just want to play the game. You are losing customers because of this.....

Washa clothes
10-22-2013, 05:49 PM
I have ios5 and still crashing and has been crashing for months......what's the fix? I'm on 1st gen iPad .....

Hey everyone,

ELVIS2K13
10-22-2013, 07:23 PM
I crash when I attempt to write a ticket . Latest ios and KA update on iPad 2 to many crashes .

Nacon10
10-22-2013, 08:09 PM
I have ios5 and still crashing and has been crashing for months......what's the fix? I'm on 1st gen iPad .....

ima invest in the new ipad air . my game runs flawless on my iphone 5s so yea gotta get that new hi tech device.

the_bob
10-22-2013, 09:02 PM
ima invest in the new ipad air . my game runs flawless on my iphone 5s so yea gotta get that new hi tech device.

Having to buy a new device because Gree hires bums off the street to program their game and it's full of memory leaks. Yep. That makes sense.

Nacon10
10-23-2013, 07:48 PM
Having to buy a new device because Gree hires bums off the street to program their game and it's full of memory leaks. Yep. That makes sense.

you are 100 percent right this is grees fault and needs to be fixed i just went back to the older KA until i buy a new ipad runs so much smoother

Reggie0412
10-24-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem and i'm with the latest version of the ios for this idpod.....

the_bob
10-28-2013, 06:49 PM
2.1 is just as crashy as ever. No fix for the memory leak. Maybe Gree should hire that 12 year old boy who hacked the Quebec government to fix their code.

Jshai
10-30-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm running on an ipad2 with 6.1 software and I've been kicked out of the game for 2 days now. Kind of tired of having to contact Gree every single time they rewrite code. I'm now the third person in my guild that can't get into the game because of repeated crashing. I can't even enter the game to write a ticket. Even though writing a ticket would only get me a sugar coated fake apology, and the ticket closed without them actually looking into anything.

Harry73redux2
11-05-2013, 12:50 PM
Hey everyone,

I continue to have random crashing. I can access Customer Service to add request for assistance, but when I hit send, game closes. I can select Guild Quests, but during access, game closes. When raiding rival, I can get about 3 raids in, but then game closes. I do seem to be able to access the Menu, including More, Profile, Guild info menu (Info, Chat, Ranking, etc.). I do seem to have access to Individual quests, but not the recent Shadow of the Guild (1/60). I have received Chalice Cases and can execute the progress page.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

The red Baron
11-08-2013, 09:13 AM
IOS 7.0.3 and iphone 4S
KA 2.1 28.10.13
Every 1 or two days 1 or two crashes.

Often when i have a weak WLan signal.
Reinstall worked every time.

Hope not to have too many crashes during war

the_bob
11-08-2013, 01:08 PM
I continue to have random crashing. I can access Customer Service to add request for assistance, but when I hit send, game closes.

I found a workaround for this. Before you hit send, hide your keyboard first. This works for me every time. Apparently the game can't handle hiding the keyboard and sending a mail at the same time.

Mimzer
11-13-2013, 07:35 AM
I have not been able to log into the game for two days now. It starts loading and then crushes as it starts connecting to the server. Any ideas? I am on the latest iOS and have been keeping up with the KA UPDATES.

MidnightExpress
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM
I have not been able to log into the game for two days now. It starts loading and then crushes as it starts connecting to the server. Any ideas? I am on the latest iOS and have been keeping up with the KA UPDATES.

Delete and reinstall game. You will not lose any data since it's server sided..

Mimzer
11-14-2013, 06:13 AM
Delete and reinstall game. You will not lose any data since it's server sided.. thank you :)

Jimmymanfunfun
11-16-2013, 09:59 PM

This is me as well. Nerve wracking to delete/reinstall the game since my buildings are mostly level 10's.

Even with the ridiculous amount of crashing, when the game finally is stable for 2 seconds, I am unable to close the 3-4 pages of pop-ups, (pressing the little "x" just doesn't do anything.) So I have to reboot the game like 2-4 times for each layer to disappear. (First the "buy this" layer, then the "lotto ticket" layer, etc. etc .. etcc....) All in all, it takes about 15 minutes to load up the game, for about 3 minutes of gameplay.

the_bob
11-17-2013, 08:37 AM
This is me as well. Nerve wracking to delete/reinstall the game since my buildings are mostly level 10's.

I've deleted and reinstalled dozens of times. None of your stuff is stored on your device. Stop worrying and just try it. It probably won't make any difference, though.

MidnightExpress
11-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Hey everyone,

Since you know what caused the crashing issues, change the code back to what it was and experiment on the side instead of putting us through all the crashing issues. We should not have to suffer while you are trying to figure this out.. It's been months now.....ENOUGH...!!!

Parsons
11-20-2013, 01:08 PM
I've been crashing non stop the past weeks. Can only collect my money if the game doesn't crash before that. Trying to do anything else results in a crash. Tried reinstalling, only difference is I lost my two tree money buildings. Can't send trouble ticket in as game crashes when going through menu.

abyss
11-20-2013, 08:31 PM

The red Baron
11-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Parsons, you can send tickets from your PC to GREE
https://games.gree-support.net/anonymous_requests/new

Kalibur74
11-28-2013, 10:30 PM
I am sorry for posting here but since I cannot creat a thread due to god knows what policy here goes... I don't pretend to know all the things the other players do about how this should work but I damn well know how it DID WORK! This game DOES NOT WORK ANYMORE! I had crashing issues, I used "the fix". No good. I have an iPad2 fully updated and the app is fully updated. After using "the fix" I now have an oddity when attempting to raid. Previously if a building had been raided and repaired you were notified it could not be sacked. Now for no apparent reason when attempting to raid I will get the notice the building is unavailable but now it takes my stamina for the failed raid. Sometimes I will be mid raid graphic and have it notify me then I cannot raid it due to previous raiding of said building. Occasionally I will get one or two hits in then WHAM! No able to raid anymore due to previous sacking. Honestly, how F*****G hard is it to not break what was working just fine. There are many requests and complaints and some positive feedback on here but in the end they all point to one glaring fact. An estimated $250k daily/weekly revenue at your height of popularity led you to believe people will tolerate anything to play this game. Its entertaining at best, certainly not a life changer. Just put back what worked and stop fingering it hoping it will get you more.

The red Baron
12-06-2013, 04:09 AM
Actual even more crashes as in the past.
3-4 crashes a day. Newest IOS and KA on Iphone 4S
Every second day i have to reinstall.

Most crashes during raiding.

Orsmo
12-08-2013, 05:59 AM
Ipad 3 with iOS 7.0.4 and seem to crash at least once a week. Takes numerous reinstalls before it works.

MidnightExpress
12-08-2013, 06:54 AM
I removed KA from my iPad and tried other programs that have been crashing and everything ran well, no crashes.. I reinstalled KA, ran the same programs, and crashes again.. There is a memory leak in KA that eats away at the memory until the system crashes.. All of this started happening when they added the Raid Boss module, so it shouldn't be that hard in tracking it down. Since we are not presently doing the RB, remove that part of the game and do your testing, FIX THIS once and for all...

Lara4578
12-08-2013, 09:10 AM
Refer a friend Program: after my friend takes a break and log out of the game, she can't log back in anymore, error msg SS and sent to support. No reply from Gree support. So how am I supposed to refer a friend to the game when they can't even log in the game to play?

Fkof
12-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Running iOS 7.0.4 in ipad air, crashes IMMEDIATELY every time starting today...goes to the splash screen then back to my 'home' screen. HELP....always during timed events of course.

Dom Tim
12-29-2013, 06:33 AM
Hey everyone,

Please help:
iOS 5.1.1 , Ipad gen 1. got the latest iOS for this model. It still crashes everytime I load the game.. Been nearly a year, never had so many problems. I dont post much on the forums( lolz) but just figured why not.. Hopefully, Gree will figure this out.

ThunderStrike
01-01-2014, 09:19 AM
This may have been mentioned elesewhere....but, here it is anyway.

This app is also a memory hog, so if you have a lot of apps running in the background this app will crash a lot. I was getting so frustrated I almost quit....
Then I cleared out all my apps, rebooted my device and the crashing has calmed down enough to where I can get some semblance of play done.
It still crashes a lot, but, not enough for me to quit, yet.... :)
Hope this helps.

Hey everyone,

The red Baron
02-10-2014, 09:50 AM
After 9 x raiding the same person KA crashes now every time. In the past there was only a message "cannot raid".
This happens since may be one week.

Big Mal
02-21-2014, 05:11 AM
HiI have sent many messages to customer services about my missing individual bonus from December War. I keep being told it is being escalated but nothing except that.I contacted someone at Gree.net his name was Chris. He sent a really terrible message back. I thought I was the customer. My guild had us at 5 upgrades I then won prize with + 2 building upgrades this makes 7. I have been told I won't get the 2 upgrades.Can you check this out for me please. I spend Thousands on this game like many others and I'm treated so badly. No wonder my allies are leaving through not getting their rewards. Sorry I have come through on this thread but couldn't see anywhere else to go.Regards British BullDog

Hacker.jon
03-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi Gree

You do realise that your app doesn't run on the iPad 1, right?
Suggesting that upgrading to iOS 5 will fix it is laughable. Do you even test this stuff?

An iPad 1 has 128MB of DRAM. That's it. You guys are using way too much memory and just about every damn thing crashes. This latest quest is a case in point. I can't get to Dark Forest. Hell, I can't even scroll through the maps to Dark Forest - the game crashes before I get there! Similarly, I can't raise a support request from within the game - it crashes before I can submit it!

I write software for a living and I've got to tell you, I would be embarrassed to have written this.

Please guys, get some self-respect and fix this thing.

Yours
Frustrated beyond belief

Philip Rafter
03-20-2014, 02:37 AM
I have contacted help twice but still no response and its going onto the 3rd day without access. I attempt to open the app on my iPhone or iPad and it goes to the connecting to sever screen and then drops out. I have an older iPhone and Ipad which I dont update and they run fine.
I dont want to reload the app in case it loses my data. Can I get confirmation that if I delete & reload the app it wont lose my character
Thx

Hacker.jon
03-30-2014, 02:49 PM
I dont want to reload the app in case it loses my data. Can I get confirmation that if I delete & reload the app it wont lose my character
Thx

Philip, you are safe to delete the game and reinstall. Your game is keyed to your device and when you reinstall and run it will pick up your game state from Gree's servers. I have done this many times.

plavine
04-02-2014, 05:55 AM
Still crashing twice a week:
Running latest iOS 7 on iPhone 4

rommel_
04-11-2014, 08:23 AM
repeated crashes, why cant this game run smooth like mw?
i am quitting, tired of the constant reloading.

my98import
04-21-2014, 06:53 PM
ipod touch 4 running ios 6.1.6 and still crashes

smichchr
09-13-2014, 10:41 AM
I'm running 5.1.1 and I keep getting the "Sunken Supplies" popup with no way to X out or it just crashes after the music starts. I can't even get in to try to transfer it to a different device. Very frustrating, especially during a war weekend.

Hey everyone,

Shadows
09-13-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm running 5.1.1 and I keep getting the "Sunken Supplies" popup with no way to X out or it just crashes after the music starts. I can't even get in to try to transfer it to a different device. Very frustrating, especially during a war weekend.

Nice necropost... Seeing as how this thread is talking about a year-old update (which you referenced ??), pls move your future posts on this topic to this thread: http://forums.gree.net/showthread.php?98740-Gree-Thanks-for-the-new-game-update

Thx! PS for the record, we're now discussing iOS 8.0 :-)

Tadaaah
09-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Please avoid necro'ing super old posts. Thanks.