PDA

View Full Version : Raid Boss Prizes awarded by qualifying damage or ranking?

The Good Doctor
08-29-2013, 03:12 PM
Gree: during the Raid Boss' it states you must achieve a minimum damage to obtain a bonus prize: epic/rare/uncommon. Often this damage is 150-750k. Most heavy hitters do over 1M. / hit. Many are meeting and exceeding the minimum amount yet not receiving the bonus unit. So is it based on the number of players attacking and only the top 10 can get the unit as a maximum. Ex: if 20 players meet minimum amount, then only the top 10 receive the unit? It seems a bit confusing and not well laid out for all to follow.

The Good Doctor
08-29-2013, 03:20 PM
If anyone else has found any rhyme or reason to it please add input.

dbailey30
08-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Experiencing the same thing, contributing stated minimum yet not ranking in the top 10 when fighting a high level (100) boss and then the rewards section stating I did not contribute enough damage. Unfortunate as it does not promote team unity.

travelingsalesman
08-29-2013, 04:04 PM
Ive met the min, surpassed it by quite a bit in fact, and scored 10th... no prize...

Also... WE ARE STUCK AT 24/30 after killing boss 100 twice now....

GREE FIX THIS PLEASE

Hersh
08-29-2013, 04:05 PM
This is a big. I do around 475k damage, the stated minimum needed is 90k. I don't get anything for hitting once, but I hit twice and I get the unit. It appears they adds a 0 in code, requiring you to get 900k damage instead of the posted 90k. Please fix this Gree. Ticket sent

justsomedood5
08-29-2013, 04:13 PM
This is a big. I do around 475k damage, the stated minimum needed is 90k. I don't get anything for hitting once, but I hit twice and I get the unit. It appears they adds a 0 in code, requiring you to get 900k damage instead of the posted 90k. Please fix this Gree. Ticket sent

Something is wrong with the system but I don't think it's as simple as being off by a factor of 10. On our final level 100 boss I scored 97.5 mil in damage and ranked #6, yet still didn't get the unit. On all the other level 100 bosses where I ranked 5 or better (even in an instance where I only scored 84.9 mil in damage) I did get the unit.

However, for lower-level bosses I got the unit even at a lower ranking (e.g., I got a unit for a level 90 kill where I was ranked 8 with 23.9 mil in damage).

So confusing...

Free Ronin
08-29-2013, 04:20 PM
My guild is stuck at the same point, beat it twice so far.

Ive met the min, surpassed it by quite a bit in fact, and scored 10th... no prize...

Also... WE ARE STUCK AT 24/30 after killing boss 100 twice now....

GREE FIX THIS PLEASE

Ravanger
08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
I was ranked #16 and got a side prize 1100/700 unit something like that I think it is random like the box LTQ

RandomUser
08-29-2013, 04:42 PM
There appears to be no logic. I've ranked 10th and not gotten the prize on boss A, and on boss B, ranked 11th and gotten the prize. Every boss I've defeated, I've surpassed the stated minimum, but only achieved a reward on slightly more than half.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
08-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Tap the Raid Boss icon > History. If you hit a boss and it died, you will see a number under "Your Rank" beneath the boss that was killed. Then tap "Reward" and it will show you what unit/loot you won. check your inventory and you will see it.

I have only had the loot-unit reward pop up when I dealt the killing blow, or i had just logged in when the killing blow was dealt. Otherwise, the above is the only way I know

Hersh
08-29-2013, 06:53 PM
I think most of us get that legend. I for one have been doing that each time to check my unit, but half the time even though Ive death 2-10x the required damage, don't get a reward

steve_r
08-29-2013, 06:57 PM
I filed a ticket, but it was closed. The only response was a duplicate of the raid boss faq posted earlier.

P4TR1C14N
08-29-2013, 06:58 PM
I dont get reward in approx 60% off my boss fights

Rasputin
08-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Yeah except it's not always awarding the unit for participating in the kill. I'm getting 800,000+ for each hit so should qualify for every boss I take even 1 hit on. Yet several rounds in the history log where I have a numerical ranking (thus proving I participated) say that I didn't qualify. This ha happened to several members of my guild, and Gree customer non-service has already closed at least 1 ticket for someone in our guild saying that he must not have downloaded the update and it's his fault he's not getting the units.

That might all be plausible except there is only 1 version of the game that can access the Raid Boss, so if he's participating like the rest of us (he is!) then he's obviously got the most recent update.

This is a bug and needs to be fixed. Preferably retroactively. If not, some compensation to affected players would greatly help.

procsyzarc
08-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Seems broken just did 11m damage and didn't get the unit prize, the boss before I got 11m and did get it just seems random and broken

Valid or
08-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Am hoping this comes across clear.
A few boss fights I have ended up unranked, all tho I did do a few mil damage and was ranked till my last hit.
What I think is happening, is when multiple people get the killing blow at the same time, everyone but the person who it registers as getting the final shot, gets lost on the ranking and is ending unranked and no reward is awarded.

E-I
08-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Another Mother Effing disaster. Thanks Gree.

We have a lot of people reaching the minimum damage requirement who aren't getting loot drops. There is no rhyme or reason. I have people in my guild who scored more damage than me on a certain boss... I get the loot and they don't. This is a yet another colossal screw up.

-OP-
08-29-2013, 08:13 PM
When ou log out and come back in you will see the units.

E-I
08-29-2013, 08:19 PM
When ou log out and come back in you will see the units.

Negative. That was tried several times. The problems is still occurring with the loot items. For example: I scored 1,001,57 damage points, but did not get the loot item that required only 750,000 damage points. Another Gree scam.

deuce
08-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Stupid. Just plain stupid. About had it with this poorly planned and implemented game.

captainpony
08-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Thousands of people missing units. Will Gree give us all another 50 gems?

-OP-
08-30-2013, 12:09 AM
Negative. That was tried several times. The problems is still occurring with the loot items. For example: I scored 1,001,57 damage points, but did not get the loot item that required only 750,000 damage points. Another Gree scam.

Sorry man. When I logged out and came back I had mine. Doesn't make sense though that you only need 750k when a single hit scores million plus (on the level 100 who has almost 800M health).

betsyB
08-30-2013, 12:18 AM
ok, i give in.. i'm sure i've seen a formula for how much damage is dealt in boss fights but i've been creeping the forum for almost 2 hrs & can't find it

can anyone help please?

E-I
08-30-2013, 05:25 AM
Thousands of people missing units. Will Gree give us all another 50 gems?

I would rather have the units. That is probably 10k in stats that I am missing now.

E-I
08-30-2013, 05:26 AM
Sorry man. When I logged out and came back I had mine. Doesn't make sense though that you only need 750k when a single hit scores million plus (on the level 100 who has almost 800M health).

Lower level/stat players don't do as much damage. I have a second LLP account and it needs to hit twice to do ~1m in damage.

Highlander
08-30-2013, 07:20 AM
The damage you do is your unboosted attack, yes?

Kronous
08-30-2013, 07:21 AM
im finding that when i show unranked, it doesnt give the unit. With required min points or not.

betsyB
08-30-2013, 07:25 AM
ok, i give in.. i'm sure i've seen a formula for how much damage is dealt in boss fights but i've been creeping the forum for almost 2 hrs & can't find it

can anyone help please?

ignore this - i found damage by looking in the history tab 😳

thank you though

KingKeith
08-30-2013, 07:34 AM
This is painful to say but despite all of the delays for this event, we thought they would had ironed out the little things. I'd been involved in almost every war hitting above the min and still missing 5-6 prizes.....

Hersh
08-30-2013, 07:40 AM
Am now missing anywhere from 3-10k in units...this is kind of pissing me off at this point. It's not as if Sirius hasn't seen these threads, and customer service hasn't gotten our tickets; how about a response?? Quit hiding because you don't have an answer...

KingKeith
08-30-2013, 07:42 AM
To Gree:

Do you have a job opening? Can I apply to for position in sales and marketing? I can be a great asset to your company. Here's an example:

Ladies and gentleman: Labor Day Sale! Gem purchases at an all time low! 40% off! (Can't beat that......yet....) Limited time only! No purchase limitations!

Are you have trouble beating Shaigoth? His he haunting you at nights? Well, fear not because gems can save you. Hellz, if you buy enough, get an 1 on 1 duel with a level 100 Shaigoth. Beat him and all your nightmares will go away! Brag this among your fellow guild mates, rivals, and to us!

RandomUser
08-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Am now missing anywhere from 3-10k in units...this is kind of pissing me off at this point. It's not as if Sirius hasn't seen these threads, and customer service hasn't gotten our tickets; how about a response?? Quit hiding because you don't have an answer...

^^This. Collectively, there are hundreds of missing units from our guild. Can we at least get an acknowledgement from GREE that things are not working as they should and that they'll address the problem in a timely manner?

I'm not surprised that there have been substantial bugs in this event, considering it's the first of its kind in KA. I would hope, though, that GREE would've been prepared for a large number of bugs to pop up by having developers ready to roll when they event went live and that problems would fixed as quickly as they could. At the moment, we're not even getting acknowledgement that they're aware of all the problems.

Rocco69
08-30-2013, 08:42 AM
The required damage amounts are missing a zero; for example the lvl 80 boss says you need 250,000 damage - yet you REALLY need 2,500,000 damage & you will get the unit - same issue on other boss levels ive seen so far -

l3lade2
08-30-2013, 09:02 AM
Seems people are being ever so slightly melodramatic about all of this, the original thread is a valid question, and it seems the general concensus is that there's a bug and it's hit and miss whether we are getting awarded the units or not. That being said, seriously, it's not a mother effing disaster as I read somewhere in here, just get on with it and quit *****ing all the time.

RandomUser
08-30-2013, 09:04 AM
The required damage amounts are missing a zero; for example the lvl 80 boss says you need 250,000 damage - yet you REALLY need 2,500,000 damage & you will get the unit - same issue on other boss levels ive seen so far -

No - that doesn't even work. I've cleared every minimum requirement by at least a factor of 10 and are still missing plenty of units.

@Blade: People complain here because that's the only place they have to complain. Contacting support just gets you a form email 90% of the time and/or a closed ticket with nobody really reading your response. At least when you come to the forum you can vent and have acknowledgement that somebody somewhere is hearing what you're saying, even if it's just other players.

Hersh
08-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Seems people are being ever so slightly melodramatic about all of this, the original thread is a valid question, and it seems the general concensus is that there's a bug and it's hit and miss whether we are getting awarded the units or not. That being said, seriously, it's not a mother effing disaster as I read somewhere in here, just get on with it and quit *****ing all the time.

I agree that it's not a huge disaster. The thing that has me pissed is the response I've gotten to tickets. It amounts to "learn to read," while it's made obvious that my ticket wasn't even read in its entirety. I don't enjoy being insulted by the people that are paid to console and fix.

l3lade2
08-30-2013, 09:14 AM
I'm aware why people complain here, I've done my fair share over certain issues no doubt, but it seems that the mentality has shifted to an absolute zero tolerance now...where every little thing is blown out of all proportions. The vast majority of this event has gone very smoothly in my opinion, for the first of it's kind. Some people had a bug on level 24 which was a bit of a cock up for sure, my guild decided to give it 1 go and then wait until it was fixed if we got bugged (we didn't, sailed straight onto 25), and there is an issue with not all drops being awarded...but come on...in the scheme of things it isnt much, not what people are making it out to be.

Gems being used without asking for them, as we've seen in guild wars, that is a big issue. Not always getting a drop off a boss, when there are already obscene rewards on the gLTQ, doesn't seem to be life or death to me.

RandomUser
08-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Ok, your point is valid.

I'm seeing it more that people are upset because we don't get any acknowledgement of the bugs, much less an expected time-table to fix it or, heaven forbid, an actual solution. Is it a too much to say, "Hey - sorry about that, we're working on it!" or an annoying, but at least a clarifying answer, "Hey - we designed it to be utterly random. Sorry we didn't make that clear." Something, anything. I get what people get up in arms when they're down in the trenches, taking this game very seriously, but the designers are apparently not.

Bluedood
08-30-2013, 09:44 AM
As an FYI to those who think they are not getting drops. Have you gone in with the list of what the participation drops are and verified in your inventory that you do not have any of them? I just took ten minutes and went through and found there were 25 in mine, and I know that as far as splash screens I had only a handful.

Magic units- hellish imp, hellish devilkin, hellish sentry, lesser devil...all commons and a bunch of these
Infantry units- hellish sentry, hellish bruiser, corrupted angel champion
Beast units- hell worm, hellish drake, hell tusk, hellish steed

Take time to double check, you may have been getting them. Cheers!

RandomUser
08-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Thanks, Bluedood - somebody in my guild just found out the same thing. I haven't done a complete inventory, but I did find at least one unit I have that I was never told I won.

If so, the bug isn't in the rewarding, it's in the reporting. And that's a much less aggregious bug, so GREE can focus on other things first, as far as I'm concerned.

Guido69
08-30-2013, 12:11 PM
As far as I see it...

You need to score above the minimum points (which is off by a factor of 10), e.g. if it says 750,000 for level 100 boss you need in fact 7,500,000.

Once you score above it, you are ELIGIBLE for a reward, which does not mean you will get a reward. You will get one of the 9 random units or a blank ticket, which means no reward at all.

In our experience, rank order does not increase chances of better random units at all.

FWIW

berenerch
08-30-2013, 04:14 PM
As far as I see it...

You need to score above the minimum points (which is off by a factor of 10), e.g. if it says 750,000 for level 100 boss you need in fact 7,500,000.

That's what I was starting to think as well...the required damage amount is missing a zero at the end.

sorr10
08-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Even though the its states in the lvl 100 Boss that "You did not receive any rewards", I know that I in fact did receive an award because of one unit that is ONLY rewarded from the lvl 100 Boss.

The unit I received was the: Hellish Captain

So I looked at all my history and noticed 2 out of 10 stated I did not receive an award. So I did an exhaustive search and found out that I do have 10 units that are awarded only by completing the boss with a minimum of damage points.

It takes a while, but look through all your units and you will find that you do have the same number as you should

KM KAge
08-30-2013, 06:35 PM
That's what I was starting to think as well...the required damage amount is missing a zero at the end.
I have been well above 10 times the minimum points numerous times and still there was no award.

E-I
08-30-2013, 08:32 PM
As far as I see it...

Not true at all.

Dark Angel KA
08-30-2013, 08:35 PM
Not true at all.

It is true for some of them. For the higher level it is true.

Bluedood
08-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Look at the history, see how many of the bosses your guild has battled. Each one your are listed as ranked on, you hit the min points needed. So if you are ranked 26 times, go through the list of reward units posted in the thread started by meowmix and check your inventory. It takes time and they make no sense to me why one is a beast or magic, but you will have that same number.

Belcar
08-31-2013, 12:22 AM
I agree about the ranking comment by the way. Despite the legend of "top the Leaderboard for better prizes" (which I happen to do often), I am consistently getting lower ranked prizes than on my other account, ranked lower.

My only 'epic' unit I noticed after day 1, was from a time I ranked 5th.

Not that I really mind ... Gives my guild mates a chance to catch up with me. But it's happened so much I believe it to be more than just 'bad luck'.

Ryosaeba
08-31-2013, 01:10 AM
As far as I see it...

Sorry, not true.

Level 100 boss, my score 4,253,115, rank 29, rewarded Hellish Bruiser.

Then next boss: Level 100, my score 4,256,825, rank 34. no reward. Didn't check my inventory though so not sure, but the history page says no reward.

MrsSith
08-31-2013, 01:19 AM
I agree about the ranking comment by the way. Despite the legend of "top the Leaderboard for better prizes" (which I happen to do often), I am consistently getting lower ranked prizes than on my other account, ranked lower.

My only 'epic' unit I noticed after day 1, was from a time I ranked 5th.

Not that I really mind ... Gives my guild mates a chance to catch up with me. But it's happened so much I believe it to be more than just 'bad luck'.

Stronger players do seem to experience more 'bad luck' than weaker players. We have 3 accounts in the family and the weakest pretty much always gets the top prizes on 'luck' games!

-OP-
08-31-2013, 12:53 PM
I took a level 100 almost by myself...the reward was a pathetic common. Sad. Later got 3rd place and got an epic unit. But all the units are awarded. Just requires a restart to see them at times in my inventory.

E-I
08-31-2013, 02:49 PM
It is true for some of them. For the higher level it is true.
No, you don't need to outscore the minimum damage by a factor of ten. There is no rhyme or reason to why it gives the unit sometimes and doesn't other times. Every force attack I do outscores the damage requirement by a factor of ten, but it will say I won a unit only 50% of the time.

Lara4578
09-03-2013, 09:27 AM
Is the damage output for the raid boss based on Attack Stats and HS? Anyone know?

RandomUser
09-03-2013, 11:32 AM
Damage done is your unboosted attack. Like using a gold hit in the regular boss events.