PDA

View Full Version : Intel share

twisted 1
08-31-2013, 03:00 AM
Dead sword guild is interested in joining or creating an intel co op for teams in the top 400 to 750. If we can get enough teams together on this, it would take away te need of scouting after the first day of battle and cut out uneeded losses. Pm me or hit me on kakoa. My id is 43pow

Shluggy
08-31-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm sorry to sound a little negative on this but first thing I thought was why only guilds between 400-750? Then I thought if you get everyone's stats for your battles doesn't that take away the purpose of the wars in the first place?? Sure, have a few guild allies but everybody sharing?? Take away the need for scouting and that takes away half the fun of it all! Just my opinion but........

twisted 1
08-31-2013, 03:46 AM
I'm just carrying over what has been a great tool in cc. It works and yes, other syns gain from it also but it works

twisted 1
08-31-2013, 03:48 AM
I chose guilds in that spot because that's the placement area my guild is in.....and it's not everybody sharing. A handful of guilds would benefit from it.

E-I
08-31-2013, 06:09 AM
I'm sorry to sound a little negative on this but first thing I thought was why only guilds between 400-750? Then I thought if you get everyone's stats for your battles doesn't that take away the purpose of the wars in the first place?? Sure, have a few guild allies but everybody sharing?? Take away the need for scouting and that takes away half the fun of it all! Just my opinion but........

I agree with you on removing scouting removes some of the FUN. That said, there are a number of guilds in the top 50 that participate in intel sharing. There are at least two groups that each have a good number of guilds sharing data.

twisted 1
08-31-2013, 08:23 AM
I would agree with a little lost fun, but isn't it more fun as a free player in a lower ranked syn to be able to get points? My cc syns definitely have alot more fun this way.

Jerusalem
08-31-2013, 08:40 AM

My thoughts, exactly. But to each his own. It will, however, lead to more victories - since all those guilds in that tier aren't likely to cooperate, thereby serving those who do.

Spydrax
08-31-2013, 09:04 AM
At the risk of being the only one standing on this opinion, I'll say it anyways:
I don't believe in it. To further that thought, I don't believe in all the guild 'swapping' either.
IMHO: its cost the game of guild value and teamwork. No longer are you and your team competing against other guilds, it's become all about moving so and so from here to there and that one from there to here.

Very sad in my opinion.

Along with my RL time constraints, this was a leading reason I stepped down as a founder of a top 25 guild. I saw this becoming something that will grow out of control and don't wish to be a part of it. To each there own and for those that play this game, whether free or $, each has the right to decide for themselves how they want to play it. I chose to back away and soon may all together leave.

Whether you agree or disagree, it's my opinion and not a debate.

I have a great respect for many players in this game and in this forum that are swapping, but we don't have to agree on everything.

pendentive
08-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Several thoughts:

If others want to do it, why try to stop it or put it down? Go for it.

Lower guilds (200-1250) don't always have gem players available to do scouting. Much easier if you can reference someone else's ready-to-go list.

Why not start a thread on this forum *during* battle and update it yourselves.

horse
09-01-2013, 08:34 PM
There are thousands of people playing. How are you going to be able to upload everyone?

custos
09-04-2013, 12:24 AM
Whether you agree or disagree, it's my opinion and not a debate.

Interesting perspective on comments like this (https://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978).

“I’m sure you’ve heard the expression ‘everyone is entitled to their opinion.’ Perhaps you’ve even said it yourself, maybe to head off an argument or bring one to a close. Well, ... you are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”

A bit harsh? Perhaps, but philosophy teachers owe it to our students to teach them how to construct and defend an argument – and to recognize when a belief has become indefensible.

The problem with “I’m entitled to my opinion” is that, all too often, it’s used to shelter beliefs that should have been abandoned. It becomes shorthand for “I can say or think whatever I like” – and by extension, continuing to argue is somehow disrespectful. And this attitude feeds, I suggest, into the false equivalence between experts and non-experts that is an increasingly pernicious feature of our public discourse.
If “Everyone’s entitled to their opinion” just means no-one has the right to stop people thinking and saying whatever they want, then the statement is true, but fairly trivial. No one can stop you saying that vaccines cause autism, no matter how many times that claim has been disproven.

But if ‘entitled to an opinion’ means ‘entitled to have your views treated as serious candidates for the truth’ then it’s pretty clearly false. And this too is a distinction that tends to get blurred.

Just sayin' :)

custos
09-04-2013, 12:30 AM
Back on topic... sharing intel on the top 50 guilds may be useful because during the wars we fight each other pretty regularly (to often for my liking, but that's another issue). I imagine in the 400-750 range you could easily go the entire war and not hit the same team twice. So sharing intel would be a huge task and ultimately the chance of having intel on a guild you are about to fight will be lower. Also, we find that carrying over intel from one war to the next is, at best, only a guide to the relative strengths of the individuals. Everyone's stats get a bump in between wars... just how much can vary by quite a lot, so there's still a large element of chance/risk and a place for scouting.

Johan -
09-04-2013, 12:48 AM
At the risk of being the only one standing on this opinion, I'll say it anyways:
I don't believe in all the guild 'swapping' either. IMHO: its cost the game of guild value and teamwork. No longer are you and your team competing against other guilds, it's become all about moving so and so from here to there and that one from there to here.

Very sad in my opinion.

I have a great respect for many players in this game and in this forum that are swapping, but we don't have to agree on everything.

IMHO, I disagree with this part. During guild wars you battle against other guilds, for the guild quests/events, you battle against GREE.
You need a lot of guild value and teamwork to accomplish completion of these guild events.

I understand that you don't want to spend to much time in the game, real life is indeed more important, that said, guild founders have a heavy task arranging swapping, keep it organised and they need to be in discussion with other guilds continiously. I think you made the right move of stepping down as guild founder, but you should not be upset when the new guild founder join the alliance for swapping, let him put all the extra required time in organising it. You will see the benefit of it and enjoy the prices which you (your guild) otherwise could not have.

Don't forget, it's a game and the purpose of a game is having fun and get your stats as high as possible.
( I'm still amazed that around my level ( around 150) there are so many players with stats of 300K/400K att/deff!!!! )

Johan -
09-04-2013, 12:50 AM
Back on topic... sharing intel on the top 50 guilds may be useful because during the wars we fight each other pretty regularly (to often for my liking, but that's another issue). I imagine in the 400-750 range you could easily go the entire war and not hit the same team twice. So sharing intel would be a huge task and ultimately the chance of having intel on a guild you are about to fight will be lower. Also, we find that carrying over intel from one war to the next is, at best, only a guide to the relative strengths of the individuals. Everyone's stats get a bump in between wars... just how much can vary by quite a lot, so there's still a large element of chance/risk and a place for scouting.

I agree, if they have the time to do it, let them...stats change so much, it gives only a small indication about their rivals... I don't have the time for it and I will not do it ;)

Ratma2001
09-04-2013, 02:12 AM
And to add to this
I imagine in the 400-750 range you could easily go the entire war and not hit the same team twice
We did with the Beerlovers last war, the first battle we hit the. Hard, the second .....will be remembered by me for ages to commit was EPIC... First war we tapped out at about 7,000 CP but the second battle came down to the last 10 seconds and both ended up in 15,000CP for both teams and was Awesome and the closest I have battled a team, it was more of watching ...watching ...few more points ....ohh there moving...go..go...hit them hard....but intel was the last thing I was worried about...we all new aft the first 5 minswho the Patsy was and same for them.. But swapping Intel is entirely up to each individual team...remembering we change all the time and most fun is in the scouting of players but thats my view.

Johan -
09-04-2013, 02:24 AM
And to add to this
I imagine in the 400-750 range you could easily go the entire war and not hit the same team twice
We did with the Beerlovers last war, the first battle we hit the. Hard, the second .....will be remembered by me for ages to commit was EPIC... First war we tapped out at about 7,000 CP but the second battle came down to the last 10 seconds and both ended up in 15,000CP for both teams and was Awesome and the closest I have battled a team, it was more of watching ...watching ...few more points ....ohh there moving...go..go...hit them hard....but intel was the last thing I was worried about...we all new aft the first 5 minswho the Patsy was and same for them.. But swapping Intel is entirely up to each individual team...remembering we change all the time and most fun is in the scouting of players but thats my view.

And to add to that, "as example my 1 month old LLP":

I use him as free player (with the Tapjoy gems only) and he is member of our guild, he gained from the last war up to now a stat increase of 300K!
Would be great when rival guild members would attack him, thinking that my LLP still has the same stats :D! Some extra war points is always appreciated!

horse
09-04-2013, 08:44 AM
And to add to that, "as example my 1 month old LLP":

I use him as free player (with the Tapjoy gems only) and he is member of our guild, he gained from the last war up to now a stat increase of 300K!
Would be great when rival guild members would attack him, thinking that my LLP still has the same stats :D! Some extra war points is always appreciated!
Now everyone knows!;)

LegoLass
09-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Several thoughts:

If others want to do it, why try to stop it or put it down? Go for it.

Lower guilds (200-1250) don't always have gem players available to do scouting. Much easier if you can reference someone else's ready-to-go list.

Why not start a thread on this forum *during* battle and update it yourselves.

Sure, why don't we start a giant spreadsheet, and everyone can add their name, stats and guild, and everyone can use it. LOL

horse
09-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Sure, why don't we start a giant spreadsheet, and everyone can add their name, stats and guild, and everyone can use it. LOL
That's a good idea.

LegoLass
09-04-2013, 01:42 PM
That's a good idea.

That was supposed to be sarcasm.

Sydonia
09-04-2013, 03:02 PM
We know :)
But it is in fact a brilliant idea... Anyone can share their intel regardless of believing in the idea to be good or the quite opposite. If you believe the idea is good you post accurate intel. If not you can just make it up along the way. When everything is messed up we're back where we began.. only difference is the entertainment value of the threads with complaints about the not entirely accurate intel... I'm dying to see them, so keep up the good work !

ELVIS2K13
09-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Dead sword guild worst guild in KA .

Spydrax
09-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Interesting perspective on comments like this (https://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978).

Just sayin' :)

Interesting statement Pug. Well stated. My point of stating its my opinion and not for debate, is to say, we all have opinions and thoughts, thus, this forum flourishes. This thread, as are many others, is opinion based. Therefore, I was merely trying to say, my 'opinion' which is not fact, is that I don't agree with it under most circumstances.

If you know anything about me, I'm always thinking about things. I'm listening to ideas and thoughts being presented, which is why I'm here. I'm interested in fellow players views. I also believe that we can love this game and play in the same sandbox even with those who don't share the same thoughts or opinions.

I didn't attack anyone for their opinions or thoughts, only stated mine in response to the threads question.

custos
09-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Interesting statement Pug. Well stated. My point of stating its my opinion and not for debate, is to say, we all have opinions and thoughts, thus, this forum flourishes. This thread, as are many others, is opinion based. Therefore, I was merely trying to say, my 'opinion' which is not fact, is that I don't agree with it under most circumstances.

If you know anything about me, I'm always thinking about things. I'm listening to ideas and thoughts being presented, which is why I'm here. I'm interested in fellow players views. I also believe that we can love this game and play in the same sandbox even with those who don't share the same thoughts or opinions.

I didn't attack anyone for their opinions or thoughts, only stated mine in response to the threads question.

Yeah, and I respect you Spydrax, really you know that, and I wasn't trying to be nasty. I just thought this was a great article. It's fine of course for people to have opinions, and if it's an opinion of taste (e.g. I prefer strawberry ice cream) then clearly that's not up for debate. But if it's the type of opinion that's often offered in the forum (e.g. I think guild-hopping is cheating), then you can't really say that's not up for debate, especially if you want people to seriously consider you opinion as valid.

Spydrax
09-05-2013, 05:18 AM
Thank you Pug.

Then consider your statement heard;

My opinion, is open for debate.

I'm always willing to listen and change as necessary for the betterment of the team. However, I don't change as the wind blows. Thought must be given and then ideas of both sides weighed. Only then, can a true change of thought come to be.

Image a leader of any organization, swaying in their decisions every other day and after each person spoke. Not much value there, wouldn't you agree?

You are aware, much more than anyone else here, of my current situation. As I haven't been convinced 'yet', my recent actions have benefited many, while only hurting one. To me, that's a victory.

Spydrax
09-05-2013, 07:07 AM
IMHO, I disagree with this part. During guild wars you battle against other guilds, for the guild quests/events, you battle against GREE.
You need a lot of guild value and teamwork to accomplish completion of these guild events.

I understand that you don't want to spend to much time in the game, real life is indeed more important, that said, guild founders have a heavy task arranging swapping, keep it organised and they need to be in discussion with other guilds continiously. I think you made the right move of stepping down as guild founder, but you should not be upset when the new guild founder join the alliance for swapping, let him put all the extra required time in organising it. You will see the benefit of it and enjoy the prices which you (your guild) otherwise could not have.

Don't forget, it's a game and the purpose of a game is having fun and get your stats as high as possible.
( I'm still amazed that around my level ( around 150) there are so many players with stats of 300K/400K att/deff!!!! )

For clarification: I have no ill will or bad feelings towards the new founder or the members of that guild. I hold them up to the highest regard and respect every one of them. I left the guild so the new founder wouldn't have me in the shadows.

I've found that when one takes over a position, it's often times difficult to do so if the previous leader is still there.

My statement regarding the 'loss', is pointed at the fact that most don't know exactly why I left and therefore, perceive my leaving as something it's not. I simply have to accept the aftermath for what it is.

But now we're getting off topic...