PDA

View Full Version : WiFi vs 3G/4G and version 2.0

kruppe
09-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Over the past few days it has become apparent that the stability of the game has been undermined by the introduction of version 2. There have been other posts regarding currency of operating systems and hardware, however I think there is another issue.

In the new raid boss fight now menu I am now getting a "failed Internet connection error" 9 times out of 10 when using WiFi and none at all using my SIMM. I used to get may be 1 in 10 problems previously when say vaulting gold, but now it is the norm. In addition the app is more unstable when using WiFi now having to be extremely careful about the number of hits on a particular map before the app crashes and I need to go through the whole delete restore exercise. I have become extremely adept at this especially when the guild is waiting for a summons in three minutes while I go through the exercise.

On face value that would indicate that the coders has introduced some code to either check connections or maintain data integrity without understanding the differences in behaviour of the comms devices.

Without this turning into a Gree hate thread, could I ask please whether people have had the same problems and in what circumstances, so that the Gree guys can reproduce the problem and who knows I can go back to my preferred method of WiFi access.

In ref to other Gree games I switch to WiFi to play MW and dragon realm with no problems. (Thanks England Jon)

England Jon
09-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Using WiFi at home and outside, I have had no problems other than the very occasional 'Cannot Reach Server'. I play CC, MW and KA and the occurrence are about the same.

Bohemian
09-02-2013, 04:17 AM
When i using wifi it keep saying "cant reach server" in raid boss menu. But when i test with guild - chat it work fine, the chat is loading. Will test with 3g later.

Silent follower
09-02-2013, 05:41 AM
I have a wifi only iPad4, and have very, very seldom connection problems. Only if I am on the outskirts of the wifi base range I might have the problems. When well in range of the wifi, I have no problems.

-OP-
09-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Ipad3 here running iOS7 and no connection issues with either wifi or 4G. It does seem to take longer to validate and respond to the screens while on 4G for me though. I run 4g while at work where the connection can be spotty in my office but no apparent change in drops since upgrade. Wifi at home and no server connection errors yet.

Krupp which version device you using? I know the 3rd gen iPad had a new wifi card that fave better range and 4gen device introduced the dual band cards.

RandomUser
09-06-2013, 08:30 AM
When I'm on my home wifi, it runs fine. When I'm on a public wifi, I often have issues.

I suspect GREE may have changed how it connects to its servers such that it's being blocked by some firewalls.

Berneburg
09-06-2013, 08:35 AM
I had significant server issues during the raid boss event on a wifi only iPad 3. Not so much anymore.

Gfours
09-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Interesting question.

I use cellular 3G, and I have similar problems, however I have only once had to delete and reinstall. Usually just hitting the home button and reloading game, sometimes I can get away with hitting the quest or other button to open in game window and then just closing it. It only ever freezes on a map page.

Currently running on iOS 6.1.3 on iPad 2

I am toying with having Internet installed at home, and was wondering if wifi was better than than 3G. I'll be watching this thread with interest.