PDA

View Full Version : @GREE - Remove the maximum of 500 allies.

Colony Colonel
09-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Why do we have a maximum of 500 allies?

you want players to spend gems but they pick and choose which quests to do and nobody does the normal quest chain all to avoid leveling. There is no benefit to leveling it in fact penalizes players during wars.

If you remove the ally cap and level 200 players can take 3000 units, weapons and armor to war players will race to level 200 and even spend to get there just so that they are better prepared for battle.

socpa
09-03-2013, 07:36 AM
I think it is a great idead CC...give incentives for leveling up. Right now, it's a punishment.

Bluedood
09-03-2013, 07:36 AM
Although I like the idea, my guess is the code for the game cannot handle the information 500 allies gives you. At this point it does not allow me to see all of my allies, only about 463. All of my most recent do not show up and if I go back in the list to try and remove really old ones who have stopped playing, after selecting to remove one it brings me back to the start of the list.

The race for 200 will happen if they change the level cap to 250, but I think with the smaller player base and idevices many more play in the midlevels and stop. This leaves less players to test the new content and more importantly to spend into the new content. Of course this is just my assumption and I could be incorrect.

Colony Colonel
09-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Although I like the idea, my guess is the code for the game cannot handle the information 500 allies gives you. At this point it does not allow me to see all of my allies, only about 463. All of my most recent do not show up and if I go back in the list to try and remove really old ones who have stopped playing, after selecting to remove one it brings me back to the start of the list.

The race for 200 will happen if they change the level cap to 250, but I think with the smaller player base and idevices many more play in the midlevels and stop. This leaves less players to test the new content and more importantly to spend into the new content. Of course this is just my assumption and I could be incorrect.

You have 'grunts' in your army. these are free ally's provided when you complete certain quests. your grunts and allies add together to give you your actual total number of allies. That is why it only shows say '470' allies. if you then add more allies it will either add them to your list or it will simply discard them but the other person will have you as an ally.

If the level cap is increased to 250 I couldn't care less. I will still avoid leveling. The only benefit that would bring is that when I finally reach level 150+ (I hope that I never do) the whales will have moved to the deeper ocean.

larrydavid
09-03-2013, 07:50 AM
Is the real issue here -that leveling up is a terrible thing?

Colony Colonel
09-03-2013, 07:51 AM
Is the real issue here -that leveling up is a terrible thing?

Yeah and this is what I would say is a good solution for it

pendentive
09-03-2013, 07:52 AM
and then how long until the "OMG, upper level player stats are Soooooo inflated" complaints start rolling in?

E-I
09-03-2013, 07:52 AM
Although I like the idea, my guess is the code for the game cannot handle the information 500 allies gives you.

Gree code can't handle information period. How many major screw-ups have there been since the last war? Bwuhahaha.

The race for 200 will happen if they change the level cap to 250

Why would changing the level cap lead to a race to 200? I'm not sure why that would entice anyone to level any faster since there is still no advantage to increasing level. They need to either remove the CP penalty that you get, or give some sort of advantage to max level players.

AndOne707
09-03-2013, 07:58 AM
Yea! Base on stats... Once u get pass lvl 120 to 130. You face senior member which stats are way pass the million mark. During war, you become a target if your stats aren't descent.
IMO GREE should look into
Increasing the amount of allies (set this by tear) lvl 150 gets to have 600 allies
Lvl 175 gets 750 allies
Lvl 200 is allow 1000 allies.
Make rewards. (Unit buildings and money ) into tiers
Lvl 150 (allow the purchase of better units)
Lvl 160 allow an option of more gold buildings
Lvl 170 (unit building)
Lvl 180 gold building
Lvl 200 ( unit building - stats per unit once max out 500attack as a reward for reaching lvl 200.

Increase the lvl stats to at least 500.
It gives the senior members an incentive and at the same time they feel appreciated by new rewards.
GREE wins, players are happy!!!
Happy player , spends more on gems = happy GREE team.

larrydavid
09-03-2013, 08:12 AM
Yea! Base on stats... Once u get pass lvl 120 to 130. You face senior member which stats are way pass the million mark. During war, you become a target if your stats aren't descent.
Increasing the amount of allies (set this by tear) lvl 150 gets to have 600 allies
Lvl 175 gets 750 allies
Lvl 170 (unit building)
Lvl 180 gold building
Lvl 200 ( unit building - stats per unit once max out 500attack as a reward for reaching lvl 200.

It gives the senior members an incentive and at the same time they feel appreciated by new rewards.
Upset player , spends more on gems = happy GREE team.

fixed that for you

larrydavid
09-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Lvl 175 gets 750 allies
Lvl 170 (unit building)
Lvl 180 gold building

Upset player , spends more on gems = happy GREE team.

fixed that for you

Bluedood
09-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Grunts or not, most of my newer allies no longer show up for me to select and visit. After I reached 500 or more, I can still add, but cannot see and visit them.

The number of screw ups is amazing, it feels like we actively test code for them as opposed to the engineers testing prior to release.

I think changing the level cap would come with some sort of reward and make those at 200 move up in level, some unit or new maps, but possibly not enough players to make it worthwhile for gree on the financial side. If they were to add levels and those whales started leveling up, others might start to level for whatever gain or reward they set for the 200 milestone. The problem I see, and again am only making an opinion, is that the player base much smaller without the android devices and the monetary incentive is not there for gree to expand levels.

Colony Colonel
09-03-2013, 08:27 AM
Grunts or not, most of my newer allies no longer show up for me to select and visit. After I reached 500 or more, I can still add, but cannot see and visit them.

The number of screw ups is amazing, it feels like we actively test code for them as opposed to the engineers testing prior to release.

I think changing the level cap would come with some sort of reward and make those at 200 move up in level, some unit or new maps, but possibly not enough players to make it worthwhile for gree on the financial side. If they were to add levels and those whales started leveling up, others might start to level for whatever gain or reward they set for the 200 milestone. The problem I see, and again am only making an opinion, is that the player base much smaller without the android devices and the monetary incentive is not there for gree to expand levels.

No screw ups there. It is a rather simple process and I just spelled it out for you. It is nobodies fault but your own that you can't grasp the concept.

Bluedood
09-03-2013, 08:33 AM
No screw ups there. It is a rather simple process and I just spelled it out for you. It is nobodies fault but your own that you can't grasp the concept.

Okay colony, I have never been a douche to you, so let's step back and hope you are misunderstanding what I have written. I understand the concept of grunts, no need to be a condescending jerk. Once my allies reached the cap, my new allies are added but cannot be seen, I can only see new allies by removing old, but the code makes it difficult to do that. Perhaps you are not having this issue, but myself and others I have spoken with are experiencing it. As a leader it makes it hard for me to communicate in game with folks who are not on Groupme.

Darth Randy
09-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Raising levels is fine but I think a couple of other solutions might address the problem as well. 1. Adjust skill points to 10 per level. 2. Change cp formula to (attacker level*1)+(target*.50)

Colony Colonel
09-03-2013, 08:41 AM
Okay colony, I have never been a douche to you, so let's step back and hope you are misunderstanding what I have written. I understand the concept of grunts, no need to be a condescending jerk. Once my allies reached the cap, my new allies are added but cannot be seen, I can only see new allies by removing old, but the code makes it difficult to do that. Perhaps you are not having this issue, but myself and others I have spoken with are experiencing it. As a leader it makes it hard for me to communicate in game with folks who are not on Groupme.

If you have too many allies just remove some and then add the people that you need. But if these people are in your guild then you can just access their wall through your guild to message them. I really don't see a problem with how allies work I just think that there should be no maximum number. it should just be 5 x level.

I have always agreed that there should be a search function though to make it easier.

If companies out there can make games that do anything that they want it to i'm sure GREE can code in a search box. There's no such thing as "can't" but there is "wont" and "don't know how"

Bluedood
09-03-2013, 08:56 AM
I will try and step you though because maybe you are not accepting players as allies daily to start in game communication with and having the issue of not being able to find them. When you look at your ally list right now, it will show some of your most recent.

To just remove a few you probably want to get rid of very old allies who have not leveled and or no longer play. Those allies are all the way at the end of your allies and take many scroll and view more taps and wait. As soon as you select remove ally, it refreshes back to the start screen, so the code makes it take 5-10 minutes to remove 2 allies from the middle or end of the list.

Now say you have added more than 50 allies above the threshold, it could take a very long time to delete old and pull up the new.

My point was how difficult this process is, not that I don't understand.

Krayt
09-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Why even bother removing old allies? So what if they don't play, that doesn't change a thing to your character

Skyraiders
09-03-2013, 09:51 AM
have more allies ....less allies.....doesnt matter ...your avoiding the true issue about leveling up.....War time CP count....more levels=less CP....no amount of allies will change that!!!

Krayt
09-03-2013, 09:56 AM
have more allies ....less allies.....doesnt matter ...your avoiding the true issue about leveling up.....War time CP count....more levels=less CP....no amount of allies will change that!!!

That seems like an issue for a different thread

Person
09-03-2013, 10:16 AM
That seems like an issue for a different thread

no not really, as what he mentioned is the only incentive not to lvl atm.

Skyraiders
09-03-2013, 10:56 AM
I also want to point out that if you increase allies for everyone.......everyone will get increased stats....if your thinking is to alter the your stat number in comparison to you battle pool....there will be no change of the overall postion of your placment in your battle pool.....meaning than if i now have 1000 allies and you have 1000 allies our stats will stay the same relative distance from each other just the numbers will be higher......there is no way at this time to balance the stat pool.....it will stay the same untill something drastic changes or those top players leave the game.....if you are simply offering an incentive to level up.....I stand by what i said eailier ....more levels=less CP

Edit: why would you want to offer an incentive to level faster anyway??? there will be no winner in this except gree ....i dont know if you have noticed or not but they are not IMO player friendly!!!

Colony Colonel
09-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Increasing the number of allies will allow you to take more units to battle. hence a level 200 has an advantage over a level 150 because they can take an extra 750 units to battle and therefore their defence is probably then greater than the other players attack and they receive more wins and less losses. This presenting itself as a benefit to players wanting to play the game as it should be played. The top guilds will ofcourse argue with this because it will mean that you have to then level up to increase your attack and defence or you will become a target in war and unable to keep up and in doing so will receive less CP per hit.

For everyone else especially those that decided to level up long before the stat inflation this is beneficial and presents itself as an incentive to levelling up. purchasing units weapons and armor to fill your armies to its maximum potential once more.

SOG Will
09-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Raising the amount of units you could bring into battle would help your stats and rightfully so. However an addition or another fix to the problem could be to change the points system. Allow the level 200 people who attack level 200 people to receive more points. Why would I level up when I score more points from attacking people at a higher level than mine? My level is much higher with the addition of decent LTQ's and the Raid Bosses will increase it even more. However as long as my points decrease as my levels increase I will only level to receive units from LTQ's.

zach123
09-03-2013, 04:05 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?66890-What-does-Gree-do-that-is-right there is a reason this thread is blank.

2ryw
09-03-2013, 06:09 PM
they should also extend the levels like 50 more. i think they added some levels past 200 in crime city

E-I
09-03-2013, 06:24 PM
What does extending levels get? I just don't see the advantage. I mean, there is clearly a huge disadvantage with being high level, but raising the limit isn't going to fix that. People who are level 200 are just more likely to max out again.

Krayt
09-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Increasing the number of allies will allow you to take more units to battle. hence a level 200 has an advantage over a level 150 because they can take an extra 750 units to battle and therefore their defence is probably then greater than the other players attack and they receive more wins and less losses. This presenting itself as a benefit to players wanting to play the game as it should be played. The top guilds will ofcourse argue with this because it will mean that you have to then level up to increase your attack and defence or you will become a target in war and unable to keep up and in doing so will receive less CP per hit.

For everyone else especially those that decided to level up long before the stat inflation this is beneficial and presents itself as an incentive to levelling up. purchasing units weapons and armor to fill your armies to its maximum potential once more.

Best argument clearly in this thread.
Unfortunately people don't get it...

Skyraiders
09-04-2013, 04:21 AM
Best argument clearly in this thread.
Unfortunately people don't get it...

we get it! the problem is war time CP! apparently that is lost in this mentality......if they change the CP awesome.
More to the point if you need more allies at a higher level to compete with someone 50 levels behind you maybe your playing the game incorrectly to begin with. Its an ok idea but givin the current game mechanics.....it would not change much!

Colony Colonel
09-04-2013, 07:29 AM
Increasing the number of Allies is a bad idea. The strong players keep on suggesting ways to keep themselves above the rest. Whatever is done to the rules over time we will all be at the highest level, all with the maximum number of allies, all with stats within 10% of eachother, and there will be no incentives or room in the game for new players. All that can be done is to influence how long it takes to get to that point.

I have suggested this and I am level 114 but have never maxed my allies as I don't currently have enough units that I would consider strong enough to be worthy of my army. So i'm not suggesting this to better myself as much as prepare everyone for their future in the game.

Mystogan
09-04-2013, 07:56 AM
Change Conquest points earned by Alliance member count in place of level. that will make it interesting Gree!

sousas
09-04-2013, 02:54 PM
However an addition or another fix to the problem could be to change the points system. Allow the level 200 people who attack level 200 people to receive more points.

Thumbs up!

Darth Randy
09-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Seriously, cp is calculated stupidly. CP should be your level + 1/2 of your targets level. That still gives you incentive to attack the highest possible level you can while removing the ludicrous low level bonus to the extent where attacking the highest level benefits you still, but you lose the advantage of doing it as a lower level.

E-I
09-04-2013, 08:19 PM
More to the point if you need more allies at a higher level to compete with someone 50 levels behind you maybe your playing the game incorrectly to begin with.

I don't know about this. Back before all of the stat inflation, LTQs, and guilds, you could build a full dragon army and you would be a very strong player regardless of you level. The game changed drastically since the beginning. (Its like when people start high XP LTQs, then Gree suddenly lowers the XP half way through. They keep moving goal lines on us.)

Mystogan
09-04-2013, 09:19 PM
CP points earned by Alliance member count would be better then our level.

Being level 125 hitting someone examples: (just estimates not definate)
125 vs 50-100 = av. 40-99 CP
125 vs 125 = av. 98-150 CP
125 vs 130-140 = av. 190-340 CP
125 vs 141-170 = av. 220-400 CP
125 vs 171-200 = av. 290-420 CP

So If Gree changed the amount of CP earned by alliance member count over level it would open a whole new playing field for all levels. Considering we can all have 500 alliance members each.

Players at any level can have 500 alliance members. Say one level 134 player attacks another player around similar level but they have 500 alliance members and the level 134 player only has 234 alliance members they will earn greater CP's. But if someone with more Alliance members beats someone with less Alliance members they earn less CP points, but if the players level isn't within range of battle they recieve a generic score of 90-150 for every hit. The variables in levels should have tiers such as
LEVEL
200 can attack anyone up to level 100 without a CP restriction intiated (bonus for leveling to level 200)
180+ can attack anyone up to level 120 & above before CP restriction initiated
160+ can attack anyone up to level 115
140+ can attack anyone up to level 90
120+ can attack anyone up to level 80
100+ can attack anyone up to level 60
80+ no restrictions
60+ no restrictions
40+ no restrictions
20+ no restrictions
1+ no restrictions