PDA

View Full Version : Missing Raid Boss Prizes: Units Added, More Info

CJ54
09-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Hello everyone,

After a good deal of investigation into the issue of missing raid boss prizes (and/or the game saying that someone didn't qualify for a prize when they very clearly did), we discovered that there were two separate issues.

#1: The incorrect messages were a client-side issue

#2: A small number of people actually *didn't* get prizes in some cases due to a server issue. We have just finished running a script that has added a random boss item of the appropriate boss level for every time that happened on every affected account.

The fact that we had two things going on was responsible for a lot of the confusion/mixed reports on both sides.

Short version: The vast majority of cases were due to incorrect messages saying that an account didn't qualify for the reward. If you were actually missing an item, one has been added to your inventory and will show as such on next log-in.

l3lade2
09-04-2013, 06:47 PM
Thanks CJ, glad to hearyou managed to get to the bottom of it.

Edit : Just to be greedy, when you have one yourself, could you give us an update on the issue that caused some boss kills not to register? This was, personally, the bigger issue as some guilds killed level 100 bosses (which for most guilds can only be done by using 1,000+ gem) only to have it not register on the gLTQ and have to kill 1 more than intended. Would be nice to know a fix has been put in for this.

Edit 2 : For the skeptics, I can attest that I did previously only have 1 Hellish Hydra in my inventory, I now have 2. I can't remember all the units, or how many of each I had, but I knew the Epic Level 100 rewards and I've certainly received an extra 1 of these.

alizainal
09-04-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't know whether they gave me every reward I earned or not, but my attack just went up 20K. That's good enough for me.

E-I
09-04-2013, 08:06 PM
For those of us who opened tickets, will we be notified if units were added? Or can a comprehensive list of what was earned be provided?

Shadows
09-05-2013, 02:12 AM
For those of us who opened tickets, will we be notified if units were added? Or can a comprehensive list of what was earned be provided?

/\/\ This would be incredibly helpful! /\/\

alizainal
09-05-2013, 03:00 AM

/\/\ This would be incredibly helpful! /\/\

I think the right sentence is "That would be a miracle!"

larrydavid
09-05-2013, 03:25 AM

I've checked on the ones that matter - 3k/3k units. And they are there.

alizainal
09-05-2013, 04:01 AM
I've checked on the ones that matter - 3k/3k units. And they are there.

Did Gree give you a notification what was added? Because if they did, that would be a miracle.

Warmonger
09-05-2013, 04:11 AM
This is good CJ54. But is anything been done regarding the final prize as I mentioned on a separate thread one of my guild has not had the prize and it could not be more unjust as he was our largest point scorer in the event. That unit will help him a lot in the war and it is unfair for him to go into a war without it due to a game bug and gree not rectifying it.

Hersh
09-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Thank you!

AllFather Odin
09-05-2013, 06:54 AM

Right on.

I complained countless times and accumulated more support tickets than parking tickets. They use generic templates to reply to all of my tickets. So for them to address you with a personal response, you can forget about it.......

The fact that something is being done with missing units, it's great that they responded. So thumbs up for them!

Hersh
09-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Honestly though CJ, I feel like (for me at least) most people were more upset by supports responses, than the actual bug (for the first time doing something like this, I think it went remarkably smoothly). My first couple responses were "go rea the rules, closed" which was what had me so upset, I don't appreciate being blown off and insulted. But like I said, thank you for rectifying the situation!

Euchred
09-05-2013, 10:26 AM
I got some random boss loot added to my account last night to the tune of about 40k attack which included 6 level 100 epics and now they're gone. I assume that was an error...

E-I
09-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Honestly though CJ, I feel like (for me at least) most people were more upset by supports responses, than the actual bug (for the first time doing something like this, I think it went remarkably smoothly). My first couple responses were "go rea the rules, closed" which was what had me so upset, I don't appreciate being blown off and insulted. But like I said, thank you for rectifying the situation!

We got used to the constant bugs quicker than we got used to the awful customer support. :p

Hersh
09-05-2013, 02:44 PM
We got used to the constant bugs quicker than we got used to the awful customer support. :p

I guess coming from a customer service industry background, that's hat kills(Ed) me
Me the most. Tell you people to at least ACT like they care, it's not that hard over an email :P

leek
09-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Thanks CJ. Got my missing prizes.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
09-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks CJ. I as well got credited some units (not exactly sure of everyone I had been missing, but did see a couple extra rare and one epic). And thanks for posting the thread. Helps when a blanket error on server side is made known with the resolution, posted in this forum.

zach123
09-06-2013, 06:36 PM
They responded!!!!!!!!!!! This itself is a miracle and my attack did go up so thank you Gree