PDA

View Full Version : These repeat matchups are getting lame Gree

E-I
09-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Since I woke up this morning - about 8 hours ago - we have played three guilds twice today. We played one other match... against a guild we had played yesterday. I have no doubt we will see these same teams 5-6 times this weekend, just like the last war. It is lame and boring. Gem Players don't want to tap on the same two people all morning long.

jchow69
09-07-2013, 12:19 PM
Since I woke up this morning - about 8 hours ago - we have played three guilds twice today. We played one other match... against a guild we had played yesterday. I have no doubt we will see these same teams 5-6 times this weekend, just like the last war. It is lame and boring. Gem Players don't want to tap on the same two people all morning long.

Yes, it is. Unless u are top 100 facing top 1000.

Zenobia
09-07-2013, 12:22 PM
It is particularly lame when you are outside the top 75 and face #1 three times in the first 20 hours of the war lol.

jchow69
09-07-2013, 12:30 PM
What's good is it gives da intel gatherer a rest. U face da same faction and u already know their intel.

E-I
09-07-2013, 12:46 PM
It is particularly lame when you are outside the top 75 and face #1 three times in the first 20 hours of the war lol.

That sucks.

That is exactly why RK waits for FUN to score before declaring.
SB waits for RK and FUN to score before declaring.
The rest of the top 10-25 wait for the top three to score before declaring.

It is a vicious, boring cycle.

E-I
09-07-2013, 12:47 PM
What's good is it gives da intel gatherer a rest. U face da same faction and u already know their intel.

Playing the same guild once per day would be fine. Playing the same guild 2-3 times within a few hour window is boring. But Gree doesn't care as long as those matchups mean spending gems.

C-Clone
09-07-2013, 01:46 PM
That sucks.

That is exactly why RK waits for FUN to score before declaring.
SB waits for RK and FUN to score before declaring.
The rest of the top 10-25 wait for the top three to score before declaring.

It is a vicious, boring cycle.

Exactly. Then we question why the top three have to wait 20 minutes to get a match up, and teams below top 25 get matched up with a top team. Both answers seem fairly clear to me.

E-I
09-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Now playing a team for the 3rd time in 7 hours. Oh the excitement. :mad:

jchow69
09-07-2013, 02:24 PM
Now playing a team for the 3rd time in 7 hours. Oh the excitement. :mad:

Better luck next time.

jchow69
09-07-2013, 02:44 PM
People complaining because they dont get the match ups they want, i.e. against much lower ranked opponents. It all evens itself out over the CK events. Dont see people complaining about getting easy match ups. I wonder why.

Good point. I guess cuz we want da advantage, lol.

Skyraiders
09-07-2013, 03:01 PM
It seems to me that GREE was playing with the coding again because their best customers were complaining about not getting matched quickly enough....so they made some changes and now we all have to suffer these types of occurrences!!!.....I know the intel part is great so you don't have to scout .....but I agree that I would like to face some different guilds instead of FUN....lol....luck of the draw....or not!!....whatever it is....the system is not perfect and as long as GREE is in control of it .....well ....frankly it will never be!!

pendentive
09-07-2013, 03:31 PM
FUN has to face somebody....

*shrug*

Person
09-07-2013, 03:37 PM
Fun has to face a challenge, but those don't exist. Wouldn't it be more fun if FUN just disbanded and the members of FUN formed 3 different guilds? Not that it will ever happen, because well egos and winning and stuff, but it would make wars more fun for the top 200, who might possibly face fun.

In case you have never faced FUN or you are FUN and slightly oblivious, facing FUN for almost every guild = a wasted hour of war :)

E-I
09-07-2013, 03:42 PM
People complaining because they dont get the match ups they want, i.e. against much lower ranked opponents. It all evens itself out over the CK events. Dont see people complaining about getting easy match ups. I wonder why.

Not true. One of our repeats is a guild that we crushed twice. Still not exciting. Another one we took two from in a more even battle.

E-I
09-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Not true. One of our repeats is a guild that we crushed twice. Still not exciting. Another one we took two from in a more even battle.

And yet another repeat. Oh well, I guess we will just crush these guys again.

Person
09-07-2013, 04:20 PM
And yet another repeat. Oh well, I guess we will just crush these guys again.

Well if the repeats are easy wins, a Dutch proverb comes to mind.
Literally, you don't check a horse which was given to you.
Meaning:if someone gives you free stuff, be happy and don't complain. Lol

MrsSith
09-07-2013, 04:25 PM
FUN 3 times in 5 wars does not seem to be the result of a random algorithm. We are currently almost at bottom of Top 25 but get the number 1 guild three times on the same day!! I don't join in Gree bashing, but this just is not what should be happening.

Eddard KFF
09-07-2013, 11:15 PM
It's lame when your team is the one that gets kicked. Someone said it's easier for the winning side, you know their stats, you save time and hits scouting. May not be exciting for some people, but it is an easy win. And you can always let the other team win if you're worried about the fairness of it. Give them a 30 min head start or do a gem free war on them. That should make it challenging and exciting.