PDA

View Full Version : Has Gree increased mob defense?

Shadows
09-10-2013, 09:56 PM
It's been alluded to in a couple threads already, but I wanted to pick the community's brains...

Are you hitting mobs with as much points as always, or have you noticed that your hits are not as effective as usual?

I easily average over 250 a hit, yet I've had hits like 180 and 190... never had that happen before.. and I'm also slowly increasing my hero strength...

so what gives?

Sgt Maj
09-10-2013, 10:03 PM
I am still hitting in the 300 range, I think, but will pay closer attention.

Mystogan
09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
I used to hit on average 240-299 and never lower then that but ever since I got these new armours (also when quests started to change) I can hit anywhere from 215-301... Grees got a sh!t algorithm. It'd be nice if it was just hero strength weapon and armour attack added and that's your total attack on an enemy

AndOne707
09-10-2013, 10:50 PM
People complaint on the energy amount it took the last LTQ.
Now GREE has lower the energy level and increase the hit amounts per mob in order to defeat them.

Folks love to tap, tap, tap away.

alizainal
09-11-2013, 12:06 AM
I have have Bane of Da'ran (141 att) and Da'ran Guardian (74 att). My HS is 158 only. But still, if you calculate those numbers, my attack should inflict damage around 373 right?
NO. Not even close. The range is from 240 to 330. Makes me wonder what does skill point really do.

AndOne707
09-11-2013, 12:09 AM
Hero points make the biggest impact on LTQ events.
At least it used to in the past. Not sure about now n days.

larrydavid
09-11-2013, 02:54 AM
I've heard: weapon att + HS + armor att = max possible. But yes, different mobs have different defenses. Thus on easier mobs you will never reach max hit because their health is too low and on higher mobs you won't reach max hit bc their defense is high.

Ill use myself as an example: 130+190+69 =389. I just hit a mob on heroic mode for 355 (Max I've seen) so I would say this is reasonable.

Either way, just like every other bull sh*t calculation Gree makes, it probably has a Gree fudge factor built in to screw us.

Tigertiger55
09-11-2013, 03:20 AM
Doesn't it come down to whether a mob is a one hit kill or not? I rarely max hit at 325 but once I've reached the point in an LTQ that I'm two hitting or more that becomes fairly irrelevant anyway. A 400HP mob is a two hitter whether I max at 350 or 250. I said in an earlier thread, why bother with hero weapons with increases of 5 or 10 attack over the last prize? Even if I wait and pick up a weapon every 10 or even 20 LTQs, that will only allow me to one-hit 3 or 4 extra levels. Where I'd really hope a hero weapon comes good is on the final levels where gem use is mandatory. If the weapon saves one hits worth of the overall HP I'd still have spent on the refill anyway. At best, we're talking saving perhaps 20 or 40 gems per LTQ

larrydavid
09-11-2013, 04:42 AM
Doesn't it come down to whether a mob is a one hit kill or not? I rarely max hit at 325 but once I've reached the point in an LTQ that I'm two hitting or more that becomes fairly irrelevant anyway. A 400HP mob is a two hitter whether I max at 350 or 250. I said in an earlier thread, why bother with hero weapons with increases of 5 or 10 attack over the last prize? Even if I wait and pick up a weapon every 10 or even 20 LTQs, that will only allow me to one-hit 3 or 4 extra levels. Where I'd really hope a hero weapon comes good is on the final levels where gem use is mandatory. If the weapon saves one hits worth of the overall HP I'd still have spent on the refill anyway. At best, we're talking saving perhaps 20 or 40 gems per LTQ

because these weapons usually mean finishing the individual heroic LTQ - which is required to get the individual/guild prize unit.

E-I
09-11-2013, 05:00 AM
With the ever increasing weapon/armor stats, hero strength is becoming far less valuable. My hero strength stat accounts for only 40% of my total hero attack.

Tigertiger55
09-11-2013, 12:56 PM
because these weapons usually mean finishing the individual heroic LTQ - which is required to get the individual/guild prize unit.
So basically you agree, these prizes best use are as a checkpoint not as a weapon

The Good Doctor
09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
So basically you agree, these prizes best use are as a checkpoint not as a weapon

I think what he is saying is you need to get the weapon by finishing the individual heroic quest in order to get the bigger prizes (10+k stat units) from the combined completion of individual and guild quests. His goal is likely not the weapon but he will gladly take it along with every other reward on the way to the grand prize.

Raistlin-MN
09-11-2013, 02:56 PM
My issue is that I can't even get through a normal iltq because I don't have the weapon to really do it - I've never seen a 200 hit...I can't speak to my weapon/armor/hero strength at the very moment, but it's decent for a free player, aside from the hero strength (I spent more on Army and Def points early on, having not gotten any of the advice from the forum). My hero is about the same as my army, if that says anything. What's more infuriating to me is getting 3 hits that should normally kill, but then there's that stupid sliver of single digit HP left that require a more or less wasted hit...seems to happen way too often for me.

larrydavid
09-11-2013, 03:35 PM

yes, well said

Shinazueli
09-11-2013, 04:26 PM
My issue is that I can't even get through a normal iltq because I don't have the weapon to really do it - I've never seen a 200 hit...I can't speak to my weapon/armor/hero strength at the very moment, but it's decent for a free player, aside from the hero strength (I spent more on Army and Def points early on, having not gotten any of the advice from the forum). My hero is about the same as my army, if that says anything. What's more infuriating to me is getting 3 hits that should normally kill, but then there's that stupid sliver of single digit HP left that require a more or less wasted hit...seems to happen way too often for me.

Getting the first weapon will be expensive. After that, it's both not as good an upgrade and not as hard/expensive to get. If you want it, you will have to spend for it. And given that they have to keep jacking the health up to keep it costing money for those who do have the weapon, the longer you wait the more it will cost.

Tigertiger55
09-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I think what he is saying is you need to get the weapon by finishing the individual heroic quest in order to get the bigger prizes (10+k stat units) from the combined completion of individual and guild quests. His goal is likely not the weapon but he will gladly take it along with every other reward on the way to the grand prize.
Yes ..... that's what he's saying.
Pulling it back to the OP now, are we hitting lower than usual? Doesn't matter.
Does it cost me more energy than usual? Does matter.
A hit to within 1HP is still a two hit kill. Its only a problem with mobs whose HP falls between your min/max hit range. That's the bit where we suspect Gree of fixing the numbers (two hits) or "hooray this new weapon rocks" (one hit). Next level, we have to two-hit the lot of them and accept that this is what's required. When that level comes depends on all those gems you've forked out to get that new weapon. Will it be 10/40 next time instead of 9/40? Fingers crossed that mountain was worth it.