PDA

View Full Version : Boss event Hall of Fame ( or Shame)

OM-Kingdom Age
09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
I thought it would be great to start this to dedicate to those of us who needed to kill the boss above 50 times and did not get the 9th unit to complete the quest or obtained it after 50 kills ..
To the record holder : you will be forever remembered as the most resilient player!
I will update the list as you post on this thread
1- Jcjow69 76 kills ( but unclear if got the unit or kept killing for the fun of leveling) free stuff -- get more ..
2 - Mr Pringles 65 kills no 9th unit ��������
3- Junvo 62 kills
4-Doggs Pizza 61 kills ( gave up)
5- Blade2 60 kills and Zenobia 60 kills
6- Darth RK 59 kills to obtain the 9th unit. ( buddy : there is worse )
7-Ndrewtew 53 kills (yes you are not alone--��)
8- Bean : 51 kills missing one unit
9- alonibb 50 kills no zepplin ( gave up)

Alexius
09-16-2013, 07:02 PM
These are the guys that can't take no for an answer...

Rastlin
09-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I am getting close to the shame... LOL

Voxker
09-16-2013, 09:42 PM
Always hated boss event.

Mr. Pringles
09-17-2013, 03:49 AM
Killed the 63rd boss and still missing the last unit. On the shame list as well. Lol.

Dogs Pizza
09-17-2013, 07:42 AM
Im on 51 and still need the last rare. last 3 bosses took me into the 40s to get it, now over 50... :(

/bean
09-17-2013, 08:27 AM
I'm on 51, still need 1 common.

Mr. Pringles
09-17-2013, 10:08 AM
Killed the 63rd boss and still missing the last unit. On the shame list as well. Lol.

64th.....65th....and still counting......

Zenobia
09-17-2013, 10:13 AM
On Boss 52 and still need one uncommon. Had all the others since Boss 20 or so.

I would have been on Boss 54 by now had Gree not f***ed up our bonuses for a few hours yesterday. If I fail to get that last unit despite trying through to the last minute, I am sending in a ticket that it is the fault of that f*** up and I should get it.

Dogs Pizza
09-17-2013, 11:09 AM
boss 54 and counting...:(

l3lade2
09-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Got it on #41 this time, Spearguardian of Aramachus (2 bosses ago) I killed 60 and gave up trying

Whatdoyoumakeofit?
09-17-2013, 12:25 PM
64th.....65th....and still counting......

did you know that once killing the boss 50 times you can send in a ticket to gree and they will give you the unit? they don't expect people to kill boss more than 50 times. My friend just did that :)

Zenobia
09-17-2013, 09:13 PM
did you know that once killing the boss 50 times you can send in a ticket to gree and they will give you the unit? they don't expect people to kill boss more than 50 times. My friend just did that :)
Did you friend actually get the unit? My guildmate did that a few months ago (after hearing a similar story) and got a reply that said, in so many words, "tough luck."

I have now killed the Medusa 56 times and no labyrinth troll. And no chance at any raid boss prizes while I continue to fight this losing battle unless I spend gems, which I REFUSE to do, because I am convinced Gree is having the health for the epic boss and raid boss draw from the same pool of health, to try to force those of us in my position to use gems. And I will not give them the satisfaction.

l3lade2
09-17-2013, 10:37 PM

This was Funzio, and very early gree. These days it seldom gets done .

bird1992
09-17-2013, 11:44 PM
Lot Gold for that Troll (labyrinth troll)

alonibb
09-18-2013, 06:35 AM
50 tries and now I give up. I have missed that Zeppelin since lvl 18 and did not manage to get it for 32 more tries. I took Medusa as hostage instead... :)

junvo
09-18-2013, 07:12 AM
So far this boss was my best at only 17. My worst was Dagon with 62

Dogs Pizza
09-18-2013, 07:17 AM
I gave up at boss 61. I think for killing 50 you should get 1 of each of the collect 9 units as well.

/bean
09-18-2013, 08:17 AM
got it on #51

Ndrewtew
09-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Haha, I'm not alone, 53 boss killed, still missing the zeppelin!

Zenobia
09-18-2013, 09:35 AM
Everyone here, please wish me luck. I will be finishing off my final Medusa, #60, in about an hour and a quarter.

I am doing this at the expense of my guild thanks to Gree refusing to fix the fact that epic boss health and raid boss health are drawn from the same pool. I rather assume they COULD fix it if they wanted to, but they would rather try to force us to spend gems to be able to take part in both. I will not let them strong-arm me into spending gems. Luckily, my guild is understanding.

Anyway, anyone who is perusing this thread and has any luck to spare, please send it my way over the next hour and a quarter. Clearly I really need some outside help where luck is concerned with this boss and the stupid labyrinth troll that is apparently... quite well hidden in that labyrinth.

jchow69
09-18-2013, 09:38 AM
My LLP defeated Medusa 76 times and cointing... No gems

Ndrewtew
09-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Stop at 54, ticket sent!

JJazz
09-18-2013, 10:58 AM
Wow jchow, thats amazing. what is your health regen for your LLP?

jchow69
09-18-2013, 12:06 PM
Wow jchow, thats amazing. what is your health regen for your LLP?

0%, I had to do it, lol, couldn't resist, though I went from lv 5 at start to level 63, lol

Alexius
09-18-2013, 12:11 PM
You will bow before my Cave Golem army

jchow69
09-18-2013, 12:13 PM
You will bow before my Cave Golem army

You will bow before my Zepplin Aircraft army.

Rastlin
09-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Well I never got 9/9.... I will never waste my time on Boss Events again.

Zenobia
09-18-2013, 12:59 PM
You will bow before my Zepplin Aircraft army.

You ain't got nuttin' on my 14 Spectral Screaks.

And zero Laybrinth Trolls. Screw these events.

jchow69
09-18-2013, 02:06 PM
You ain't got nuttin' on my 14 Spectral Screaks.

And zero Laybrinth Trolls. Screw these events.

Haha, nice. Got my 9th on my 25th.

Zenobia
09-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Someone in my guild chat suggested I send my army of Spectral Screaks over to Gree HQ to tell them how I feel about players killing 60 or more bosses and not getting the Hydra. I bet they would create quite an impressive ruckus.

However they are clearly 99%ers like me and most of us so Gree would just put in earplugs and kneel open-mouthed at the feet of the 1%ers yet again while farting on the rest of us.

I hoping against hope that a 1%er also killed the Medusa an absurd amount of times and didn't win the Hydra. If so, PLEASE post that in this thread. That is clearly the ONLY way Gree would do anything about it.

Cola3
09-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Finally finished Boss 50 for the first time in my life. Took a few gems to do it. Got the unit on boss 31. :D

Guido69
09-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Someone in my guild chat suggested I send my army of Spectral Screaks over to Gree HQ to tell them how I feel about players killing 60 or more bosses and not getting the Hydra. I bet they would create quite an impressive ruckus.

However they are clearly 99%ers like me and most of us so Gree would just put in earplugs and kneel open-mouthed at the feet of the 1%ers yet again while farting on the rest of us.

I hoping against hope that a 1%er also killed the Medusa an absurd amount of times and didn't win the Hydra. If so, PLEASE post that in this thread. That is clearly the ONLY way Gree would do anything about it.

It happened to a few of us in the past as well that we could not get the 9/9 unit.

Btw, why do you think you should be entitled to receive this unit after finishing the boss 50 times? Where does it state that you will get that unit by boss 50? I don't remember anything like that. Those are interrelated yet separate quests. If you are unlucky you don't get it by boss 50. Most of the time you do, but it is not a given. It is nice that you still can continue to get the elusive unit after boss 50. They could shut down the event after you kill no. 50.

OM-Kingdom Age
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
It happened to a few of us in the past as well that we could not get the 9/9 unit.

Btw, why do you think you should be entitled to receive this unit after finishing the boss 50 times? Where does it state that you will get that unit by boss 50? I don't remember anything like that. Those are interrelated yet separate quests. If you are unlucky you don't get it by boss 50. Most of the time you do, but it is not a given. It is nice that you still can continue to get the elusive unit after boss 50. They could shut down the event after you kill no. 50. and that would be more honorable if they shut down the event at 50kills and say tough luck. But also they should have a disclaimer that clearly says that killing the boss does not guarantee you getting the unit. So people would know upfront what to expect. But honorable and Gree seems like an oxymoron. ��

Guido69
09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
and that would be more honorable if they shut down the event at 50kills and say tough luck. But also they should have a disclaimer that clearly say that killing the boss does not guarantee you getting the unit. So people would know upfront what to expect. But honorable and Gree seems like an oxymoron

Correct OM. That would be fair and good customer service, which we all know is mostly absent. I was just saying that is also does not say anywhere that you will or even should get the unit after boss 50 automatically. Believe me, I would have reason to lament as well.

chbranch
09-18-2013, 07:21 PM
Can you add players to the wall that received all 9 units and still didn't awarded the final unit.

Zenobia
09-18-2013, 08:38 PM

Btw, why do you think you should be entitled to receive this unit after finishing the boss 50 times? Where does it state that you will get that unit by boss 50? I don't remember anything like that. Those are interrelated yet separate quests. If you are unlucky you don't get it by boss 50. Most of the time you do, but it is not a given. It is nice that you still can continue to get the elusive unit after boss 50. They could shut down the event after you kill no. 50.

Of course it is no guarantee. And had this happened on a glitch-less epic boss I'd suck it up. But Gree
1) took away our bonuses for a few hours, and
2) made it so attacking the raid boss stole health from the epic boss health pool.

Thus I feel Gree's screw-ups are at least part of the reason I did not complete the collection. Part incredibly bad luck, part Gree's fault. I very well might have won it had they not robbed me of like 5 chances due to their screw-ups. Therefore in this particular situation only, I believe they should make up for THEIR ERRORS costing myself and others the unit.

The next time I don't get it, I may boo-hoo a bit, but won't say I am owed the unit. As long as it was just more incredibly bad luck / Gree does not screw up my chances with "errors."

Note the "errors" in quotes because I 100% believe that allowing the two boss health bars to be the same was intentional. Or intentionally not fixed. Because it would get them more gems.

ETA: If you think I'm not being honest about the part in blue, feel free to note it and call me out by quoting myself back to me later should I not do what I said.

Guido69
09-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Of course it is no guarantee. And had this happened on a glitch-less epic boss I'd suck it up. But Gree
1) took away our bonuses for a few hours, and
2) made it so attacking the raid boss stole health from the epic boss health pool.

Thus I feel Gree's screw-ups are at least part of the reason I did not complete the collection. Part incredibly bad luck, part Gree's fault. I very well might have won it had they not robbed me of like 5 chances due to their screw-ups. Therefore in this particular situation only, I believe they should make up for THEIR ERRORS costing myself and others the unit.

The next time I don't get it, I may boo-hoo a bit, but won't say I am owed the unit. As long as it was just more incredibly bad luck / Gree does not screw up my chances with "errors."

Note the "errors" in quotes because I 100% believe that allowing the two boss health bars to be the same was intentional. Or intentionally not fixed. Because it would get them more gems.

ETA: If you think I'm not being honest about the part in blue, feel free to note it and call me out by quoting myself back to me later should I not do what I said.

Sure I believe that you are honest about what you said.

It does suck that the mess up cost you some chances of killing more bosses.

alonibb
09-18-2013, 11:33 PM
I actually think the health issue is intenional. Health is health and when these events are at the same time you have to choose between indiviudal or guild. It surely made my chances of getting the 9 smaller beacuse it took a while before I realized this.

I posted a ticket mostly for curiousity and claimed that if you kill the boss 50 times you really should finish the quest and get the reward. Their answer is "You have an old dataset and restarting the game helps". What a joke their customer services is:)