PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 100 Boss with 2.1B HP!!!

luke8989
09-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Are you really that desperate for our money!!??

socpa
09-17-2013, 02:55 PM
^^yes, yes, yes they are

Dexter Morgan
09-17-2013, 02:57 PM
What socpa said!!

anchlovi
High level bosses are 3 times stronger. We will need to coordinate a massive guild hopping and help each other to complete it. This is the only way to do it with a reasonable amount of gems.

Just4fun
Duh of course that's why we shouldn't bother to spend any gems and come on the unit is 60k of course Gree would like us to spend atleast 2k in cash per top guild in this event. Screw you Gree you guys having been choking!! Don't even come back with us for 50 gems!! Us heavy spenders can't do crap with 50 gems or 100 next time give us 2000 gems for screwing up!

Joie
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
No guild hoping as they are locked

Rawrimabear
09-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Just want to ask the top guilds:

How much do you sell your crack for these days?

Tigertiger55
09-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Just want to ask the top guilds:

How much do you sell your crack for these days?

Or how much do you use?

Rawrimabear
09-17-2013, 04:01 PM
Or how much do you use?

Nah, the game is their crack. They sell the real stuff to fund their habit.

Nacon10
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
obama has been giving out money for years get with the program or buzz off

pendentive
09-17-2013, 04:07 PM
I doubt this gets changed.

Darth Randy
09-17-2013, 04:29 PM
That's fine, the temptation to spend gems for a reward that seemed in reach has now been removed. I thank Gree for enforcing discipline on me that I otherwise may not have had.

Tigertiger55
09-17-2013, 04:32 PM
+1000^^^^^

Voxker
09-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I do believe that Gree gave all the players 250 orbs so they dont really run out if they can't finish off a boss within a certain time limit and dont get restricted to what they already have. thats probably why the bosses have so much more hp to begin with.

Zenobia
09-17-2013, 04:41 PM
That's fine, the temptation to spend gems for a reward that seemed in reach has now been removed. I thank Gree for enforcing discipline on me that I otherwise may not have had.

Yes, thanks, Gree, from me too!

E-I
09-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Walmart let's you buy itunes cards with food stamps. Go Go Go!

Sigfried
09-17-2013, 06:06 PM
More levels, tougher bosses and less hit points. We took down a level 55, it was like a level 80 before. We won't be putting forth much effort on this one. The top prize is out of reach unless you want to max out your credit cards. Thanks Gree, the wife will be very pleased that I can work on her "Honey-Do" list this weekend.

Sigfried
09-17-2013, 06:10 PM

What the heII does this have to do with KA or the quest. Go to a news site to post BS like this, we are trying to enjoy our time off. There are plenty of places to spew this kind of crap - go there and push your opinions.

Vachau
09-17-2013, 06:57 PM
The main issue is that too many guilds ponied up to complete the last raid boss event. They now want to see how far we will take it. Will we actually spend that kind of real money to kill a level 100 raid boss of 2.1 bil hp for a 60k unit? We already had trouble finishing the last gltq and now this. Profits, people. This is all about profits.

Starbuck
09-17-2013, 07:06 PM
I've already told my Guild the Heroic level mega-prize is out of reach, soon as I saw the Level has over 2 BILLION health...maybe FUN and a few others can take on a beast like that without too heavy an expense, if you have 60 members each with millions in attack, and can do a force attack that causes 35-40, even 50 million in damage. then I can see each guy spending a few gem refreshes and cracking thru a mega-boss, but for those normal folks, its well out of reach

Rawrimabear
09-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Profits, people. This is all about profits.

I haven't taken too many business classes yet, but one thing that even I know is that you will make more profit from getting a large number of customers to pay for a moderately priced object than t have a few pay for an exorbitantly priced item.

Gree is a Japanese company. I thought the Japanese were supposed to be really good business men, but this seems like an amateur operation.

aphroKEN
09-17-2013, 08:27 PM
^^^^

Correct correct! But some things have to be limited in quantity to attain premium status. Only a few guilds will be able to obtain the final reward because Gree wants it to be premium.

Zenobia
09-17-2013, 09:25 PM
As I posted on the thread in which Sirius boasts of fixing most of the problems with this quest (minus, of course, the problems that make us need to spend gems) I mentioned this but it makes sense her too: If they want the level 100 epic boss to be 3x harder than last time, fine. Just make the prizes for killing it 3x better as well. THAT is only fair. Right now, the level 100 boss doesn't have a SINGLE prize that's better than a level 70-80-90! Last time there was a whole tier of rewards, 3x better than the "epics" of levels 70-80-90, only on level 100s. That is missing this time. And on top of that, if it is 3x harder to kill all 9 (not 6!) prizes should be another 3x better than they are. IMO.

Guido69
09-17-2013, 10:08 PM
As I posted on the thread in which Sirius boasts of fixing most of the problems with this quest (minus, of course, the problems that make us need to spend gems) I mentioned this but it makes sense her too: If they want the level 100 epic boss to be 3x harder than last time, fine. Just make the prizes for killing it 3x better as well. THAT is only fair. Right now, the level 100 boss doesn't have a SINGLE prize that's better than a level 70-80-90! Last time there was a whole tier of rewards, 3x better than the "epics" of levels 70-80-90, only on level 100s. That is missing this time. And on top of that, if it is 3x harder to kill all 9 (not 6!) prizes should be another 3x better than they are. IMO.

There are 9 prizes at the higher levels, including 100. You just don't see all of them.

leek
09-17-2013, 11:42 PM
There are 9 prizes at the higher levels, including 100. You just don't see all of them.

Pray share any screenshots....

Valid or
09-18-2013, 12:25 AM
I wounder if all the people that said it was too easy last raid boss, are wishing they kept quite.
This is what I thought gree was going to do, with all the people that said its too easy..

Person
09-18-2013, 12:54 AM
"oh the top guilds are finishing this quest easy. Better make the hp 3-11x higher than before. Because a 50% increase wouldnt do."

#Gree_logic.

Dragon Buster
09-18-2013, 02:09 AM
Here is your chance to fight it back. If the completion prize is so unobtainable, don't spend any money on this event.

l3lade2
09-18-2013, 03:38 AM
It's ironic that lower players obviously have to spend a lot more gems in this type event, so; the lower the guild the lower the appetite for gems (generally speaking), but now because lower guild members will generally have lower stats (primarily due to lower war placements), they have to spend more gems to do the same.

Is it fair that someone with 3million stats, has to spend double the gems/money to do exactly the same as someone with 6million stats? In my opinion no.

I'm not advocating any kind of Free Vs Gemmer argument here, just highlighting for me what is a simple flaw in the concept of the raid boss, which has been massively accentuated by hiking the HP up to 2billion.

I for instance have stats around 4million...very good for my level, I haven't seen anyone higher in my BL for months...is it fair that I have to spend double gems to do the same thing as someone with 8million stats who is say 60 levels higher than me (therefore not all then impressive on a stat:level ratio?

This is primarily one of the reasons why a lot of guilds won't finish the heroic event, because it will cost some more and some less. Some guilds will defeat level 100 boss for x many gems, and some will complete it for xxx many gems...doesn't seem fair IMO. It is the only time that higher stats has directly influenced spending so much that I can think of (Elite bosses are level tiered to mitigate this issue, LTQ energy has refills caped at 1,000 to mitigate this issue, in war your not buying a 'win' against an opponent your buying more attacks etc).

Skyraiders
09-18-2013, 03:51 AM

do you ever have anything good to say???

Vendetta V
09-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Why still complain, is everyone really so suprised???

For most guilds, they just have to concentrate on the normal mode, the TOP3 guild can concentrate on the heroic mode.

FUN and RK are for a very long time out of reach for everyone already, so why bother..
Let them do what they want, actually IMO GREE made this Guild boss event heroic mode for them, to make it a little bit more interesting for FUN and RK.

Same as that GREE changed the guild war top1 & 2 price..

Skyraiders
09-18-2013, 04:30 AM
Why still complain, is everyone really so suprised???

For most guilds, they just have to concentrate on the normal mode, the TOP3 guild can concentrate on the heroic mode.

FUN and RK are for a very long time out of reach for everyone already, so why bother..
Let them do what they want, actually IMO GREE made this Guild boss event heroic mode for them, to make it a little bit more interesting for FUN and RK.

Same as that GREE changed the guild war top1 & 2 price..

how interesting can it be....the last on e took them a little under an hour to complete.....this one took them two....whats the difference

Vendetta V
09-18-2013, 05:32 AM
how interesting can it be....the last on e took them a little under an hour to complete.....this one took them two....whats the difference

I looks like FUN still didn't finish the heroic part. or....they updated their list not yet ;)

kruppe
09-18-2013, 06:08 AM
I looks like FUN still didn't finish the heroic part. or....they updated their list not yet ;)

No ,still going on the heroic. Pacing ourselves a little this time. The first raid boss quest we just went for it. This time kind of relaxing, bashing a boss, chatting amongst ourselves...

socpa
09-18-2013, 07:36 AM
I wounder if all the people that said it was too easy last raid boss, are wishing they kept quite.
This is what I thought gree was going to do, with all the people that said its too easy..

Exactly, this is what happens when people come over to this forum and brag about completing the whole event in one hr.

Murderer of Bunnies
09-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Gree inivertantly save me money since i will not waste Gems on this even now

marko101
09-18-2013, 10:44 AM
We're just seeing how far we make it with no gems! Thanks gree for a cheaper month! 3 times harder and not boost on top prize! Really???

JJazz
09-18-2013, 11:01 AM
Can you guys let us know when you finish the Heroic part, whether the end unit has a stat % increase bonus? :) Much obliged

leek
09-18-2013, 04:39 PM
It's ironic that lower players obviously have to spend a lot more gems in this type event, so; the lower the guild the lower the appetite for gems (generally speaking), but now because lower guild members will generally have lower stats (primarily due to lower war placements), they have to spend more gems to do the same.

Is it fair that someone with 3million stats, has to spend double the gems/money to do exactly the same as someone with 6million stats? In my opinion no.

I'm not advocating any kind of Free Vs Gemmer argument here, just highlighting for me what is a simple flaw in the concept of the raid boss, which has been massively accentuated by hiking the HP up to 2billion.

I'm not an advocate of the top guilds but the reason why the top teams are spending a lot less gems on completing this raid boss event is because they HAD already spent the money to get those high stats. If you're looking to get the most bang for your buck, why not join them?

justsomedood5
09-18-2013, 04:47 PM
I'm not an advocate of the top guilds but the reason why the top teams are spending a lot less gems on completing this raid boss event is because they HAD already spent the money to get those high stats. If you're looking to get the most bang for your buck, why not join them?

Plus, all those attack boosts that top guilds have don't have any impact on their ability to complete the raid boss event.

Generic_Username
09-18-2013, 05:58 PM
I blame all the players that commented how it easy it was the last time. This is what happens when bragging and cant keep a lid on it does.

NinjaHonu
09-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I blame all the players that commented how it easy it was the last time. This is what happens when bragging and cant keep a lid on it does.

I'm not very happy about it either... But the players that were bragging are all in the top 10 guilds.... You think they care? They are happy because they will still finish everything with little gems spent while almost every guild outside the top 10 won't get it or will have to spend a sht ton of gems to get it.

Guido69
09-18-2013, 06:16 PM

And you think Gree would and could not have figured that out by themselves. Cheez.

leek
09-18-2013, 06:26 PM
And you think Gree would and could not have figured that out by themselves. Cheez.

Agreed. They put the best people in game development to squeeze more revenue and leave the most dense in customer service to frustrate you. Lol

Generic_Username
09-18-2013, 06:31 PM

Alot of gameplay changes are made based from forum feedbacks. So u think if players didnt comment how easy it was the last time we would still have 2billion boss health? lmao

Guido69
09-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Alot of gameplay changes are made based from forum feedbacks. So u think if players didnt comment how easy it was the last time we would still have 2billion boss health? lmao

Simple answer. Yes.

nicsonology
09-18-2013, 08:08 PM
???? will you complain why high level player need to spend more gems on guild war than low level player when you reach lv 200 ???? lol

I for instance have stats around 4million...very good for my level, I haven't seen anyone higher in my BL for months...is it fair that I have to spend double gems to do the same thing as someone with 8million stats who is say 60 levels higher than me (therefore not all then impressive on a stat:level ratio?

This is primarily one of the reasons why a lot of guilds won't finish the heroic event, because it will cost some more and some less. Some guilds will defeat level 100 boss for x many gems, and some will complete it for xxx many gems...doesn't seem fair IMO. It is the only time that higher stats has directly influenced spending so much that I can think of (Elite bosses are level tiered to mitigate this issue, LTQ energy has refills caped at 1,000 to mitigate this issue, in war your not buying a 'win' against an opponent your buying more attacks etc).

aphroKEN
09-18-2013, 10:06 PM

^ I agree with this.

Top guilds don't get it cheaper. They paid the majority of the price in advance in the course of building those stats.

P4TR1C14N
09-18-2013, 10:31 PM
No... Top guilds dont want it to be harder. They want it to be fair... What do i pay and what do i get in return. Simple as that.

In this case Gree did go over the breakpoint once again. I am not speaking even about the issues every event has and that nothing is working right from first time.

People like the game, are addicted, but even those say stop at a certain moment and last 2 months i saw the top player base shrink considerably due to how gree is handling events and the money greed. Its a pitty

aphroKEN
09-18-2013, 10:36 PM
They want it to be harder to deny others the opportunity, so as long it is possible for themselves to complete. Simple as that.

Joshua -kol-
09-18-2013, 11:43 PM
I don really see why you guys are that concerned. This is meant to b scaled like another guild war. Top teams will get top rewards an the rewards are actually better compared to the amount of gems u spend in a war. In top 10 teams u spend what 2k gems per person per war for a 20k unit. This u spend 200 gems per person and can get the 30k unit. U could even get it free. Now if u were to spend the 2k gems per person tht would easily get u the 60k unit. For top 200's the unit u get from war is what 3k - 5k stat? If u complete half of normal you have already gotten the same quality units u would get from the war.

If you compare this to the war you actually get better units and more stats for the gems you spend.

Dexter Morgan
09-19-2013, 04:59 AM

Great post. I almost missed it with all the whining posts around it ;)

larrydavid
09-19-2013, 05:00 AM
Great post. I almost missed it with all the whining posts around it ;)

You mean you don't have a filter on all the complaining on here? ;)

I guess there wouldn't be a forum then!

Dexter Morgan
09-19-2013, 05:22 AM
You mean you don't have a filter on all the complaining on here? ;)

I guess there wouldn't be a forum then!

I wish I did. A MOC filter would be nice too :)

larrydavid
09-19-2013, 05:36 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of a FUN filter. ;)

Kidding of course, cause then we would have no quest data and no real reason for Gree to listen. How are your bosses going?

Dexter Morgan
09-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Still on H 30/33

Skyraiders
09-19-2013, 07:49 AM

LOLOLOL......showing the love......thanks........

JJazz
09-19-2013, 09:13 AM
I don really see why you guys are that concerned. This is meant to b scaled like another guild war. Top teams will get top rewards an the rewards are actually better compared to the amount of gems u spend in a war. In top 10 teams u spend what 2k gems per person per war for a 20k unit. This u spend 200 gems per person and can get the 30k unit. U could even get it free. Now if u were to spend the 2k gems per person tht would easily get u the 60k unit. For top 200's the unit u get from war is what 3k - 5k stat? If u complete half of normal you have already gotten the same quality units u would get from the war.

If you compare this to the war you actually get better units and more stats for the gems you spend.

It's not just that, in the war there are + stat % which overall can increase stats by tens of thousands of points easily, if this raid boss Heroic end unit doesn't have one, it's not worth spending 1000's of gems imo. But I do agree that even without lots of gems FUN and the top guilds will achieve it with minimal gems because they've earned all the stats they have currently. Higher stats = higher force attacks and points on the raid boss.

@Gree Please put a stat % increase on the Heroic Kaar end unit.

Thanks

P4TR1C14N
09-19-2013, 10:21 AM
32/33 requires lvl100 boss to be killed 10 times in a row... Yep... This is for sure made for top3... Also 7 times a lvl95 boss...

I think that 32/33 level is in total maybe already more as the whole raid boss event from last month.

But ok... Yeah we are positive... Thank you gree... You rock

justsomedood5
09-19-2013, 10:45 AM
32/33 requires lvl100 boss to be killed 10 times in a row... Yep... This is for sure made for top3... Also 7 times a lvl95 boss...

I think that 32/33 level is in total maybe already more as the whole raid boss event from last month.

But ok... Yeah we are positive... Thank you gree... You rock

Difficulty for top 10 guilds shouldn't be too different than for top 3 guilds, since all top 3 gets that top 10 doesn't are boosts / bonuses that don't make huge difference on the raid boss (except for health regen I guess).

Skyraiders
09-19-2013, 11:27 AM
lets put this in perspective.......average force hit for a fun member??? 20 mil??....i dont know just guessing....for arguments sake

2,100,000,000 HP divide by 20,000,000 = 105 hits divide by 60 members cuz remember first legit guild
2,100,000,000 HP divide by 15,000,000 = 140 hits divide by 60
2,100,000,000 HP divide by 10,000,000 = 210 hits divide by 60

still all in all with the regen rate they have and the damage they do as a group...well not really all that difficult....also add in they are taking their time this go around and it does not cost all that much for those top 2 or 3 guilds

add together total amount of bosses.....this probably amount to less than they spend in a war weekend because a lot of them are level 200 and will get a lower average in CP totals......and they come out with better stats from this in total for less.....

i will add they do get more stats because of the war weekends.....ie boosts ect...

yes they did earn the prizes that make it easier for them.

if i am wrong then well.....i am wrong......and no i am not envious Guido.....and you cant filter me out Dexter even if you were not specifically talking about me.....we are just saying.

one last thing to all you FUN members and RK members......you guys could be the saviors or the killers of this game.....gree does seem to listen to you guys.....the ball is in both your courts to effect change for the better ......i have spent some time on other gree game forums.......they all have the same things in common.....complaints for gree....in fact some of the threads are virtually identical....LMAO.....just different game and people .......

I am asking as one gamer to another to help the game survive.....one where you will always be on top ...thats fine.....but at least the game will still be there to play......honestly the way its going this game will not live much longer....seriously it wont....if it does i will be suprised.....but with that said......to me there is no joy in being the top dog in a game thats dead!! You guys are the superstars of KA....its up to you..

one last plea form me personally gamer to gamer.

Guido69
09-19-2013, 01:51 PM

Lengthy post...

I am not quite sure but I think the average force hit may be around 15M. However, within the 2 hours you are given to kill a level 100 boss there are never 60 members present. Maybe around 30-40 if the time is right.

For obvious reasons we are certainly very interested that KA lives on and does not become a dead game soon. However, I don't know how you deduct that Gree listens to us. Maybe they do, maybe they don't. I am not seeing a pattern here.

The fact that we probably send dozens or even hundreds of tickets to Gree on a weekly/monthly basis accounts for the fact that there are many issues that we are everything but happy with.

We did not and do not set the rules, we just play with what is given to everyone of us.

Disaster116
09-19-2013, 01:57 PM
This raid boss is awful. Give us five weeks and maybe we can finish it. This game was great two months ago however now it has gone down the tube. Its nothing more then a grind and money eating game. Im not spending another penny till the raid boss gets better. To fix that they have to lock up guilds. The next war has crap prizes. How is the up and coming guilds supposed to keeps up with garbage prizes

aphroKEN
09-19-2013, 05:40 PM

The concern has nothing to do with value for money. The actual concern is the rapidly widening crevice between the top guilds and the other guilds. A lot of people are suggesting it will tear the game asunder (i.e. completely destroy it) by eliminating the competitive factor that compels people to continue to play this game.

This is just my interpretation from analysing the posts in this thread and the posts in a few other threads. I have no opinion on this so please don't quote me and start an argument.

larrydavid
09-19-2013, 05:45 PM
The concern has nothing to do with value for money. The actual concern is the rapidly widening crevice between the top guilds and the other guilds. A lot of people are suggesting it will tear the game asunder (i.e. completely destroy it) by eliminating the competitive factor that compels people to continue to play this game.

This is just my interpretation from analysing the posts in this thread and the posts in a few other threads. I have no opinion on this so please don't quote me and start an argument.

Who cares about the top guilds vs everyone else.

From now on, everyone should pretend the only guilds that exist are the ones within 25-50 places in both directions of them in war rankings. Do you think UMD Terps football team looks at Alabama and is like damn, we should just quit because we will never beat them? No, the Terps won't ever make it to the national championship game for a chance. But instead they play within their division and fight to get to the best bowl game they can.

Ultimately my point is STOP WORRYING ABOUT FUN, RK, ETC. They are more dedicated players (and have more money to spend on the game than you). Worry about the guild that just beat you out of 300th place or 50th place. Whoop up on them next war. Finish one extra raid boss to get the edge next time!

aphroKEN
09-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Skyraiders seems to care. There may be others too.

Football is different. The playing field is even.

Guilds in the top 25 are susceptible to being matched against the top 3 in a guild war. I guess it must be no fun for the little guys when no one in the guild can even tickle any player in the opposing guild.

Jerusalem
09-19-2013, 06:02 PM

I don't know from where you get that notion, but i'll understand it literally to mean that the field on which football is played is not on a hill. :o

KM KAge
09-19-2013, 06:03 PM

Guilds in the top 25 are susceptible to being matched against the top 3 in a guild war. I guess it must be no fun for the little guys when no one in the guild can even tickle any player in the opposing guild.
Not just the little guys. We had a couple of matchups in the past two wars where only our very top player (just the 1) could hit anything other than the castle.

aphroKEN
09-19-2013, 06:21 PM
I don't know from where you get that notion, but i'll understand it literally to mean that the field on which football is played is not on a hill. :o

You sir are a mind reader because that is exactly what I meant.

Alexius
09-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Texas tech can beat Alabama, the Royal Knights haven't been close to FUN. I'd say college football is a much more level playing field than Kingdom Age. Once Alabama wins 8 championships in a row then we can start comparing.

Valid or
09-19-2013, 08:21 PM
Would be nice if no guilds finished the heroic, maybe they might get the point and keep costs reasonable.
Its not possible for the average gamer to keep up to the amount of gems needed in normal game play, let alone with these inflated hit points.
And knowing there's more to come, box event,ltq,and war, a lot of us might be addicted to this game because we enjoy it, but that enjoyment is being sucked out of the game.
If your thinking we will do anything to play as we are addicted to the game, think about that again.
Most of us will find a new game to play, we are addicted to the style of the game, and game play....not the game itself.

larrydavid
09-20-2013, 04:03 AM
Skyraiders seems to care. There may be others too.

Not true whatsoever - coaches and recruiters initially tilted the talent pool to the south. Now it is a catch-22 - the best players go to the SEC, etc because those are the schools with the most players being drafted (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/22167146/nfl-draft-by-conference-sec-doubles-the-competition)(WFS).

Texas tech can beat Alabama, the Royal Knights haven't been close to FUN. I'd say college football is a much more level playing field than Kingdom Age. Once Alabama wins 8 championships in a row then we can start comparing.

Wake up man - they have won 3 of the last 4 national championships...isn't that good enough?

They have the opportunity this year to win their 4 out of 5th and third straight!
IMO, much more impressive than what FUN is doing - no disrespect.

Dexter Morgan
09-20-2013, 04:37 AM
They have the opportunity this year to win their 4 out of 5th and third straight!

Winning 3 of 4 national championships in college football is such a huge accomplishment. And a good chance for 4/5 this year is even more impressive. And this is a silly iPhone game. Lol

Darth Randy
09-20-2013, 08:16 AM
Wake up call, the Ducks are going to throttle the tide should they meet in January.

mmalkove
09-20-2013, 09:01 AM
Who cares about the top guilds vs everyone else.

From now on, everyone should pretend the only guilds that exist are the ones within 25-50 places in both directions of them in war rankings. Do you think UMD Terps football team looks at Alabama and is like damn, we should just quit because we will never beat them? No, the Terps won't ever make it to the national championship game for a chance. But instead they play within their division and fight to get to the best bowl game they can.

Ultimately my point is STOP WORRYING ABOUT FUN, RK, ETC. They are more dedicated players (and have more money to spend on the game than you). Worry about the guild that just beat you out of 300th place or 50th place. Whoop up on them next war. Finish one extra raid boss to get the edge next time!

I like your football analogy. I'm a big Bama fan and alumni and believe me, we weren't on top for several years there in the late 90’s early 2000’s. Never say never, 1 great coach and some 5 star recruits later and the Terps may have 3 out of 4 national championships too! Roll Tide!!!

My guild doesn't want to be competing with FUN but we were not even in the top 100 last war and were matched against them so it looks like we are forced to compete with them...Although I didn't even have a target! lol

And yes, This event is just a bit too difficult to bother buying gems for. Last one I purchased for, this one I will not. You figure it out Gree.

mmalkove
09-20-2013, 09:12 AM
Wake up call, the Ducks are going to throttle the tide should they meet in January.

Maybe....BUT we will never know because they will CHOKE in the Stanford game LOL And LSU is looking pretty tough for us as well. Good luck though, that would be an epic match up!

I have plenty of these little puppies anyway, you guys can have 1 ;)

justsomedood5
09-20-2013, 09:18 AM

Oh man that would be sweet. I don't care for the Pac 12 at all, but can't help but root for Oregon. Really like watching that team play.

Shadows
09-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Just gotta represent with some love for my Bruins!! Very proud of my team and my coaches! Plus a special shoutout for the Nebraska fans, who showed incredible class when they gave respect to Pasquale :-)

Alexius
09-20-2013, 03:54 PM
No one is debating how impressive winning 3 of 4 national championships is. We're criticizing the poor analogy to Alabama football. The bottom line is that nobody knows for sure who is going to win the BCS. We do know, however, that FUN will win the next war, like they have every previous war. I'm not hating on FUN, just saying that comparing them to Alabama is apples to oranges.

aphroKEN
09-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Not true whatsoever - coaches and recruiters initially tilted the talent pool to the south. Now it is a catch-22 - the best players go to the SEC, etc because those are the schools with the most players being drafted (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/22167146/nfl-draft-by-conference-sec-doubles-the-competition)(WFS).

Wake up man - they have won 3 of the last 4 national championships...isn't that good enough?

If KA was used as an analogy then these football teams could pay money to have more players on the field than the other team, shrink the size of their goal to make it harder for the other team to score, purchase penalty kicks, etc. You're confusing skill/teamwork with arbitrary advantages that are bought with money.

I will admit the top football teams probably have a better upbringing and team management systems, but that's an indirect advantage that doesn't guarantee their win. They win because they are more skilled than the lesser teams. Not because they start the match on uneven terms.

justsomedood5
09-20-2013, 04:28 PM
You're confusing skill/teamwork with arbitrary advantages that are bought with money.

Well to be fair, I'd attribute about 99% of Alabama's success (and that of the rest of the SEC, for that matter) to arbitrary advantages that are bought with money...

aphroKEN
09-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Like what? More players on the field at once and a smaller goal to defend? I guess so then.

larrydavid
09-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Like what? More players on the field at once and a smaller goal to defend? I guess so then.

They are not literally making the field smaller, but since their players are so much faster, they are in a way. And yes, that means the goals are closer, they can make longer field goals, and throw the ball farther.

game. set. match.

Skyraiders
09-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Well to be fair, I'd attribute about 99% of Alabama's success (and that of the rest of the SEC, for that matter) to arbitrary advantages that are bought with money...

Agree.....watch the movie ...blue chips.....or ....the program.....to get the idea......but those players are bought in some way shape or form

\\MidnightB3AST//
09-22-2013, 03:11 AM
Really gree... really...

l3lade2
09-22-2013, 04:35 AM
As Sports analogies go, all you really have to do is look at the world of Formula 1. Up until 2-3 years ago the entire sport was dominated by 1 or 2 top teams, predominantly by 1 team; Ferrari.

Did anyone care that Ferrari invested more money in the sport than other teams? No. Did anyone care that naturally Ferrari would feel that they had earned their dominant position in the sport? No.

At the end of the day the sport was becoming boring. TV viewings were significantly down, therefore overall revenue (from TV, merchandising etc) were on the decline and the sport was considered to be headed down hill, largely (if not solely) due to the lack of competetive nature. Smaller teams were quiting, as they didn't have the ability to play catch-up to the front runners.

Thus the sport was changed, I won't go in to details of how exactly, but it was changed in a manner which was considered to make the sport "fairer" and "more entertaining".

Aside from this, you can look at other such as the NBA with their spending caps in place in order to make sure that the sport remains competetive, and see measures in place everywhere. KA is different, it will die, simply because it will go the same way that all "games" go when there is no competition, into non-existance.