PDA

View Full Version : New mechanics for Raid Boss system

Voxker
09-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Alright, I'm in a high ranked guild and we get through these events like its nothing, BUT i have been since war 1 in a top 200 guild with no gem users at all and it is though for them to go through these events and TRY to get stronger since they dont want to spend any money on getting that extra unit or whatever.

What im trying to get to is, is it necessary to buff up these bosses? like 2,1b for a boss? (last lvl 100 had like 754mil hp tops) at least the top 25 guilds will have no problem with it since they'll just throw gems at it and be over with it, but the lower ranked guilds will struggle just as much as they did with the previous Raid Boss and wont get any further. but also there are some guilds that are nice enough to hop and give them a helping hand which is probably frowned upon by Gree to some extent (but at least they prevent those guys from having multiple of those units)

tl;dr buffing the boss wont be a problem for high ranked guilds, but for lower ranked guilds, it will.

fun fact: 2,147b is the max number for a 32-bit game

P4TR1C14N
09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Voxker... 2.1 billion is ridiculous... Even for T25 guilds. We dont talk here about beating the boss once... Bfore that you got 60 other quests to do still.

This,is not balanced imho.

pendentive
09-17-2013, 04:34 PM
You did look at the rewards, right?

It's insanely high compared to other LTQs, LTEs, and even wartime rewards.

It should be the toughest thing out there and it should require gems or hard work / long hours.

Just my 0.02
YMMV
FWIW

Nacon10
09-17-2013, 04:35 PM
agree with you but def very stupid to run it with the epic boss live

Voxker
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM

It should be the toughest thing out there and it should require gems or hard work / long hours.

Just my 0.02
YMMV
FWIW

Yeah i know that, but what im saying is that top guilds dont care how much they spend on gems, they'll just get it over with asap. but its not the case for lower ranked guilds.

Guido69
09-17-2013, 04:44 PM
Voxker... 2.1 billion is ridiculous... Even for T25 guilds. We dont talk here about beating the boss once... Bfore that you got 60 other quests to do still.

This,is not balanced imho.

What do you want to balance it to?

On the way to the level 100 boss you will get great prizes as well.

The top prize with those stats should be very hard to reach. Which it is. Even for the top guilds.

P4TR1C14N
09-17-2013, 04:49 PM
I mean... It will not be a walkover to top guilds... So imagine how non top guilds will feel.

Its a nice price but is it worth 2 to 3 times more damage to be done compared to previous raid boss? Also keep in mind you get again in this event not,always units but also rewards with x honor....

Anyway... For me Gree is closing in on the breaking point with their community in a whole. I hope they realize it.

Rastlin
09-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Anyway... For me Gree is closing in on the breaking point with their community in a whole. I hope they realize it.
From the Guilds I have been talking to....Faster than most people or GREE know....

LordIndy
09-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Alright, I'm in a high ranked guild and we get through these events like its nothing, BUT i have been since war 1 in a top 200 guild with no gem users at all and it is though for them to go through these events and TRY to get stronger since they dont want to spend any money on getting that extra unit or whatever.

What im trying to get to is, is it necessary to buff up these bosses? like 2,1b for a boss? (last lvl 100 had like 754mil hp tops) at least the top 25 guilds will have no problem with it since they'll just throw gems at it and be over with it, but the lower ranked guilds will struggle just as much as they did with the previous Raid Boss and wont get any further. but also there are some guilds that are nice enough to hop and give them a helping hand which is probably frowned upon by Gree to some extent (but at least they prevent those guys from having multiple of those units)

tl;dr buffing the boss wont be a problem for high ranked guilds, but for lower ranked guilds, it will.

fun fact: 2,147b is the max number for a 64-bit game (i think its 64bit or something)

This is the only game I have ever played where free players feel entitled to the same benefits of paying players. There is a very reasonable normal quest that provides a very nice unit and is reasonably accomplished by a dedicated and organized guild for little to no cost.

It's like going into the Ferarri dealership with you 1998 Toyota Corolla and demanding an even swap....really?

Tigertiger55
09-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Just my 0.02
YMMV
FWIW
Last raid boss had not dissimilar stats but had a 30% attack bonus and was hard enough, thanks. Percentage-wise, how much harder is this going to be relative to the reward? 300%? 400%? Guilds that think this is reasonable are directly causing Gree to think this is reasonable. Oh, and on normal mode why not give us stones as rewards?

NinjaHonu
09-17-2013, 04:59 PM
fun fact: 2,147b is the max number for a 64-bit game (i think its 64bit or something)

Boss level 100 is the max number for a signed integer in a 32 bit system. 2^31 = 2147483648.
A signed int64 in a 64 bit system would be something like 9 quintillions.

Voxker
09-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Boss level 100 is the max number for a signed integer in a 32 bit system. 2^31 = 2147483648.
A signed int64 in a 64 bit system would be something like 9 quintillions.

oh ok, ty for correction

aphroKEN
09-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Last event was too easy. Current event is proper difficulty.

Vachau
09-17-2013, 07:04 PM
I agree, aphroKEN. Too many guilds, including mine, finished the last Raid Boss event. This one is set up to be much harder for the elite groups...and FUN.

GQNammmer
09-17-2013, 07:06 PM
This is due to how the top teams want to have these rewards more exclusive to top players spending top dollar. The previous raid boss event had a lot of people complaining how it easy it was. And guess which group of players were the ones doing the complaining. At the end of the day, it seems as though top prizes for events should belong solely to top players and teams. I suppose we could debate on whether that is "fair" or not, but i can see both cases. Only time will tell how GrEe will balance out the third raid boss event

Starbuck
09-17-2013, 07:19 PM
I don't even consider the top prizes anymore....Gree has slanted the prizes in favor of the Top Guilds to the point that there is little hope to ever compete with the Top Guilds, which is fine, we're Top 200, it's be nice to get higher, but we don't have an entire guild of heavy gem spenders, I've spent WAY more on this app than any other in my lengthy history with iTunes. So we stay satisfied by trying to having as much fun with the Raids, and Guild Quests as possible.

I honestly don't think even with this level of health that the Quest will pose too much of a hurdle for the Top Guilds. Some of the folks who have their stats in their sigs...5 million attack, 9 million attack, I've seen FUN folks accounts north of 10 million attack....that is 50 million for a force attack, if he spends 75 gems, he'll do 200 million damage....that's 10%, I'm guessing FUN is maxed at 60 members by now, there are 59 others, maybe not all with mega-attack stats like that, but probably close....so dealing out 2.1 billion in damage...I'm guessing that it won't be too big a strain....Not saying it'll be super easy, but its basic math

JPNy
09-18-2013, 03:01 AM
Nobody does 50 million damages with a force attack. You forget that damages are done without boosts.
I think that strongest have between 3 and 4 million ground atk stat thus 15-20 million force attack...

Anyway I don't think FUN will have a great challenge to reach the end, or just to reach it as fast as possible !!! They are not far from the end already.

Skyraiders
09-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Last event was too easy. Current event is proper difficulty.

for a guy that claims to not play KA....you sure have alot to say.....or rather really nothing to say at all!!!!

JJazz
09-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I hope people on the forums don't make light of this event. If they do Gree will just make the next one even harder with crappier units.

Hazzardguy
09-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I hope people on the forums don't make light of this event. If they do Gree will just make the next one even harder with crappier units.

What kind of game developers would punish it members for doing well? We should demand Sirius or CJ answer us as to why they feel it necessary to punish the very people responsible for their paychecks. As other have pointed pointed out these events will always be walk through for the guilds manned by GREEd employees, but why continually punish the rest of us for not working for them or living on a trust fund! While I can appreciate the lame @$$ attempt to even things out with the 2 different versions of the RB event, just understand that the 99% of us will eventually grow tired of being force fed your BS. Now that you have raised the bar so high, the only place to go is down! Longevity makes more money than the greedy pig who takes it all at once. I get the feeling like you guys have a delusion that it is GREEd vs the Players, when you would seriously get further by working with those who pay your salaries. I think when the company fired all those employees, they might have been let go for not wanting to **** and pillage the players, and those that stayed are truly savage beings. The kept the poison pill and are all too eager to bite it! THANKS