PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on GREE

Zepson
09-18-2013, 05:05 AM
What do you, users of this forum, really think of the company GREE? I read so many negative reactions, thought I'd better collect them for you, here are some quotes...

"Gree is actually making government seem efficient by comparison."
"This is a complete clusterf**k. x1000."
"Amazing incompetence. Like, if they just get any typical 13-year old kid in there for one day they'd probably fix everything. But instead they are paying people to make complete sh**."
"how is it that the people at Gree who not only keep f**king everything up, but somehow manage to f**k them up even WORSE every time, like exponentially worse... how is it that these people have not been replaced?"
"No customer service, no correct and essential notification of changes, no timely feedback to customers' concerns, ne quality control whatsoever, no..., no..., nothing. THEY JUST DONT CARE"
"Gree? F**K THAT. Whether it is yet another screw-up you are unable to fix, or another screw-you you are unwilling to fix I will NOT let you win. I will NOT buy and spend gems on this."
"Anyway... For me Gree is closing in on the breaking point with their community in a whole. I hope they realize it."
"Are you really that desperate for our money!!??"
"Screw you Gree you guys having been choking!! Don't even come back with us for 50 gems!!"
"Gree is a Japanese company. I thought the Japanese were supposed to be really good business men, but this seems like an amateur operation."
"Some of our members retired right on the spot. It has becoming too obvious that you are ripping us of our money at this point."
"I second all opinion GREE you are exploiting your customer. Is good business sense to make money off your customer, but once you make it too obvious that you are ripping them off most will run. "
"I think it's quite natural to be upset with Gree, considering their incorrigible clumsiness. And while some may overreact, there are plenty of others who may justifiably choose to quit the game entirely."

These are comments on one event only.
Now, you got to ask yourself one question, are you doing a good job GREE?

l3lade2
09-18-2013, 05:12 AM
Anyone wanna start a book on how long this thread survives?

Skyraiders
09-18-2013, 05:18 AM
yes ....this is one event ......not that anyone would bother but could you imagine how long that list would be if you wrote the thread with every complaint ever logged.....sorry every legitament complaint......i wouldnt have enough time in one day to read them all.....

This should be a STICKY!!!!....LMAO

Zepson
09-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Anyone wanna start a book on how long this thread survives?

15 minutes already !

But then, GREE has never been very fast...

Person
09-18-2013, 05:46 AM
I'm missing my

"Bunch of incapable *******s"

Bohemian
09-18-2013, 05:48 AM
Gree is doing really GREAT n Awesome.................................... (For top 2)

E-I
09-18-2013, 05:52 AM
I'm missing my

"Bunch of incapable *******s"

That was one of my favorites. :D

JoeDaddy
09-18-2013, 06:21 AM
In before Sirius lock...

"Let's keep it respectful and on topic folks. Thanks!"

Respect your customers and they'll respect you back...

Zenobia
09-18-2013, 08:46 AM
Great thread LMAO. I resemble some of those quotes! ;)

Darth Randy
09-18-2013, 09:01 AM
The problem is, Gree lacks any vision save one, maximize revenue. This means they bend and twist to every customer demand that they think will maintain or expand the sale of gems. That means never ending tweaks and changes to game content. They conform to the largest guilds expectations that their use of gems will make them all but invincible to all challengers. They conform to the moderate spenders who see an ever widening gap between themselves and the ubers. The formation of guilds that represent various levels of spenders means that even free players have expectations that get ever increasingly difficult to meet.

It's lack of vision, which often happens when the forces that run an operation are not the same ones that created it.

Sirius
09-18-2013, 12:15 PM
Hey Folks,

Passing along some of the complaints and feedback that you guys have said here (an in other threads). We do appreciate it but let's keep it constructive.

Thanks!

KM KAge
09-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Actually, I am beginning to think this is a massive psych eperiment that measures consumer tolerance related to quality and customer service. How much can we cut corners and for how long before the revenue/cost ratio turns unfavourable.

Rastlin
09-18-2013, 01:44 PM
I get it. Really I do... GREE is in it for the money, and they have to be as it is a business. I think what has people upset all of the time is this a VERY expensive game if you want to compete and really play, however instead of being treated like a valued customer we are treated poorly at best. Also the amount spent on the game last week, means nothing this week, and so on... There is is no picking and choosing what is important to you. It ALL has to be or you lose any ground you tried to make. Paying was suppose to make the game time of having to play shorter, and not have to be on all of the time. This is no longer the case. This causes many gem users to give up on the game or switch to a free player only (I am in this group now as of this week). Would I still use gems if the price to play was lower, and I felt I was getting somewhere and not having to play non-stop? Of course! However GREE is in it for the here and now, and not the long term of the game. This game is Vegas (quit and cash out as soon as you can to win), not Wall Street (take the ups and downs, and win more in the end)....

Cola3
09-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Just look at their Facebook comments. They don't really care much....and the employees on the pics they have on Facebook looks so happy. As if nothing needs to be done or worry about.

Jerusalem
09-18-2013, 03:44 PM
The problem is, Gree lacks any vision save one, maximize revenue. This means they bend and twist to every customer demand that they think will maintain or expand the sale of gems. That means never ending tweaks and changes to game content. They conform to the largest guilds expectations that their use of gems will make them all but invincible to all challengers. They conform to the moderate spenders who see an ever widening gap between themselves and the ubers. The formation of guilds that represent various levels of spenders means that even free players have expectations that get ever increasingly difficult to meet.

It's lack of vision, which often happens when the forces that run an operation are not the same ones that created it.

Absolutely spot on. Maximizing revenue only in the short term doesn't guarantee longevity. But I guess Gree already knows that you can't milk the cow forever, so it plans just short of gutting the cow without due thought to the future.

The takeover of the game by Gree is analogous to when that former Pepsi CEO took over Apple back in the 90s and nearly ran the company into the ground. Nearly. He was fired and replaced by the company's co-founder, Steve Jobs.

Tigertiger55
09-18-2013, 03:49 PM
Anyone fancy a New Coke? Thought not

Ratma2001
09-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Its just a Turnstyle from the Welcome this game looks great and wow look at those stats then moving to wow look how much money this is costing me....it used to be log on twice a day go to work have family time...now its log on every 5 mins ...buy more spend more give more...and get in return....glitches..crashes...incorrect units...incorrect XP...oh and the pityful here's 50 Gems our bad !.
I run a multinational million dollar company and my views on Gree...well "Flash In The Pan" company...tick tock.It wont be long until they flick the enevitable OFF switch...run away with all the money and dissapear into obscurity like so many others....maybe Focus on YOUR Customers needs first rather than Your Cash flow !
If Gree wanted to make a better game simple logic is the key...take it back to a "Strategic" game like it was when everyone enjoyed it!

Tigertiger55
09-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Hey Folks,

We do appreciate it but let's keep it constructive.

Thanks!
Ok, constructive. You've created a two tier game but you only look after one tier and not very well judging certainly by this (and most other) threads. If you raise the bar so impossibly high on these quests all that remains is raiding, attacking, farming and upgrading. I can raid a maximum of 5 hits and attack a maximum of 2 before crashing. Farming ups my XP and upgrading has a ceiling. What's left? Have you addressed any of these issues? I've sent countless tickets about crashing all of which pass into the black hole of "passed to developers" with no result. XP is "not a punishment" when it clearly is and new buildings have come to MW and CC but not KA. Oh right, there's no money in any of them. What about these PvP events we hear about? 2 attacks then crash is not going to get me spending gems.

So, the constructive part. Fix these problems, restore some faith in your company, gain some respect and feel the love. You have a loyal and enthusiastic community of players and you're shedding them like dandruff because of your inability to show that you give a damn.