PDA

View Full Version : All my friends leaving

fred1234
09-19-2013, 05:04 PM
I have never seen so many people on this game leave in such a short space . After last war they all say enjoyment gone . Would like to thank GREE for being so greedy for money .you milk the cow you don't kill it. But that is your way so good luck.

Voxker
09-19-2013, 05:31 PM
Didnt Siruis said to keep the criticizing to a constructive level?

Jerusalem
09-19-2013, 05:56 PM
Didnt Siruis said to keep the criticizing to a constructive level?

Lol. Just as many of us are or have been addicted to the game, so, too, is Gree addicted to our money. Putting out faulty products and doing things half-baked solely in order to have something always out there to capture revenue is grating to many.

I happen to love the game and wish that things turn around before it's too late. I understand that not every guild will or should finish, and personally don't mind that the quests are difficult - yet the level of difficulty should be commensurate with the varying levels of possibility. And the events need to be tested well in advance before it's officially introduced.

i hope I kept it constructive. :)

Rawrimabear
09-19-2013, 07:13 PM
wish that things turn around before it's too late.

You presume it isn't already too late.

Darth Randy
09-19-2013, 07:49 PM
If what everyone says is true, that its the heavy spenders that keep the game going then I predict KA is soon to die. The euphoric mania that got people to this spending level doesn't last forever and the barrier now for new people to reach the upper echelon is all but impossible even with heavy spending.

Maybe a loss in revenue will force them to cut programmers and just recycle content instead of reinventing the wheel for every event, in the end, that may save the game as the overall design is quite enjoyable.

Zenobia
09-19-2013, 08:02 PM
I would keep it to constructive criticism but as a 99%er, Gree doesn't give a rat's arse about my opinion. If I were a 1%er, they'd rush to change at least one thing every single day to my exact specifications. (E.g. today: the boost added to the heroic guild quest prize, earlier this week, the changes to the Top 1 and 2 prizes, etc, etc, etc.)

Jerusalem
09-19-2013, 08:43 PM
You presume it isn't already too late.

Lol. Good point, Rawrimabear! But I reckon by the very fact that we're still here complaining (or providing constructive criticism), it is not too late, indeed.

Rocco69
09-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Wow i hadn't noticed the change to the top 2 prizes; i mean its not like i have any shot at all to get them but hey they complained and got them changed - good for them

Shinazueli
09-19-2013, 09:44 PM
Good for them... Bad for anyone that has to play in their sandbox. The difference between top1 and top10 is ridiculous. I don't even think the top123 prizes should have stats any more. Just a sticky note saying thanks for the mortgage payment. Because we all know they'd pay it anyway.

Vachau
09-20-2013, 03:30 AM
We recently lost some good people to the grind of this game and GREE's direction. Two members also decided that they will continue to play, but will not spend on gems any more. Everyone else with us is here for a good time. This game can still be a good time without the overwhelming need to win and finish the raid boss event, which requires quite a few gems.

StrictNine
09-20-2013, 03:58 AM
I to see my guild members becoming less interested daily. I give my guild till just after the next war before disbanding.

Zenobia
09-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Due to all the changes ruining the game, most if not all of our guild's top gem spenders have decided to never buy gems again. Enough that we are most likely going to go gem-free this next war. It will be an interesting challenge. I will miss the Top 25 and Top 50 prizes because I can't imagine we'd do better than Top 75. And I highly doubt we'll get very far on the war guild quest prizes which will be the real shame. (No gemming means no securing wins in the last few minutes.) But enough is enough. What Gree fails to realize in their push, push, push to get us to spend more, more, more is that everyone has a breaking point. And I think Gree is reaching the tipping point right around now where so many more people are going to quit playing, or at least quit buying gems, that even though the ones who didn't break are spending more, they have to be making less and less overall.

StrictNine
09-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Due to all the changes ruining the game, most if not all of our guild's top gem spenders have decided to never buy gems again. Enough that we are most likely going to go gem-free this next war. It will be an interesting challenge. I will miss the Top 25 and Top 50 prizes because I can't imagine we'd do better than Top 75. And I highly doubt we'll get very far on the war guild quest prizes which will be the real shame. (No gemming means no securing wins in the last few minutes.) But enough is enough. What Gree fails to realize in their push, push, push to get us to spend more, more, more is that everyone has a breaking point. And I think Gree is reaching the tipping point right around now where so many more people are going to quit playing, or at least quit buying gems, that even though the ones who didn't break are spending more, they have to be making less and less overall.

Agree, sadly the two biggest gem spenders in my guild have become virtually gem free. I was the third highest gem spender but will likely not buy many going forward. Luckily I have a little over 15K left from last month's bonus program so I'm going to hold onto them tight until needed.

Darth Randy
09-20-2013, 11:41 AM
Yeah. It's a critical mass issue for Gree now. This should be interesting.

aphroKEN
09-20-2013, 04:16 PM
The best thing to do is quit entirely because you know you'll cave in XD

JPNy
09-21-2013, 01:44 AM

Totally agree with you and all your posts on this subject. I have already changed my way to spend and refuse to use gems during wars since last war. With all my players it's already many many mountains lost by Gree.
I still spend on other events if it's worth the gems.
War ranking doesn't mean anything for me as Gree made a total mess with their reward policy.
The good part is that playing war gem less can bring some enjoyment and I am sure that MoC will still stand in good place and even be able to achieve 50 wins what would be the greatest achievement since the beginning of the game !!!
I wish I could see that !

Dirt road Joe
09-21-2013, 01:45 AM
When we look at what the game has turned into, the senior members who post on here must take some responsibility for what has happened. They complained, Gree respond. Now they dont like it. Gree's mistake was not having a long term plan for the game and not understanding the impact that the changes would have.

NO, this is so inaccurate that it hurts. There is nobody but Gree to blame for what happens. The members of this forum have always voiced feedback and opinions. Gree/Funzio has then taken everything they hear from the community and put it into their game. The things they have done for the game is great! All of these LTQs and such have been a great* addition to the game. This game went from a semi-boring game to an action packed social game. The LTQs/LTEs have always supplied the player with something to do and the boring element of the game has basically vanished. There is no boring in KA anymore*.

The problem is this. Gree has listened to everything the community has asked for. In my opinion, they have done an over the top job. But they took everything a step too far. KA was a game of strategy*. The game rewarded the players who played a lot regardless of your spending habits. If you were a active player your stats and kingdom reflected that. There was always an attainable goal. When you were battling people you always had the chance to get a little stronger through some hard work and beat that rival who set fire to your kingdom. There was always a chance, always. Now its different.

Like I said before, there were always goals that could be attained by everyone free or paid. Sure, back then money would get you there faster, but it didn't actually make you stronger because everyone could catch up over time and potentially take you out. Now these goals are impossible to reach unless your willing to spend a good chunk of change. So when Gree puts out an LTQ that requires a total of 2000 energy to complete, that's obtainable by everyone for free. But free doesn't make Gree money. What they should have done is make goals semi obtainable. Goals that if you were smart you could accomplish for free, but if you were a slacker a handful of gems could pull you to the end. Everyone who tried could finish and Gree would make a little money off of those players that "slacked off" during the event. But instead of making these goals semi-obtainable they decided to take the direction of maximum revenue. They implemented these events that are impossible to complete for free. The only way to complete them is if your willing to spend 800 gems to do it. This is what is destroying the game and hurting Grees revenue. Sure, there are hundreds of players willing to dump whatever it takes to finish a quest. But there are many that don't even attempt it due to how much it would cost. A player on 28/30 of a quest knowing that they are almost done but needing to use a few gems to complete, would be willing to put 5$ worth of credit to finish it. But when that same player is on step 28/30 and knows there is a 30 part (H) quest after that, they wouldn't want to spend any gems. There is a loss of hope when the goal is that out of reach. Instead of them spending 5$ they just gave up. This is exactly where the game is right now. Gree is not gaining customers due to potential customers having no real motivation to spend. So instead of backing down and making quests easier they have only stepped up the difficulty if everything. They have tailored the game so that the current spenders spend more and that is where they rely on their revenue. Like everyone can see this is seriously killing Gree. Coincidently, the only way to get strong in this game anymore is to spend and spend a lot. It is not at all the strategy game it used to be. The game has gone down the wrong path for to long. The game is all but destroyed.

Along with Gree not being able to attract new customers, Gree also doesn't supply a good product. When Gree/Funzio made the push to increase their profit they had to implement new features in the game. These new features were never in Alpha stage. Meaning, the features were not ready to be launched and should have still been in Beta for QA and testing. After these features were free of bugs they should then be launched. But these features have always been full of bugs. With every new LTQ that pops up there have been a flood of bugs that came with them. broken energy, health, wrong units, wrong XP, wrong times and wrong names the list is too large to list. But every new thing has bugs in it. The thing is that many of these LTQs are not new, they just get redesigned with extra stages and different units and goals. After launching events of the same type so many time Gree should be able to have them bug free. Most of these event seem to not even be ran through QA. Which, if it was, would make them a little smoother to fix.

At this point this has gotten very scatter brained and turned into a rant... but you understand what I am saying. Gree has done well in adding new things to the game and making the game more exciting. But the extent they have gone to try and squeeze money out of people has destroyed the fun part of it. So when you say that the senior members of the forum should take responsibility for what has happened, sure we will acknowledge the fact that we have had a say in what new things have come to the game and how social it has become. But the forum members are not responsible for how the game has become. Like I said, Gree is tailoring to the top spenders, making them spend more, but not pulling in anyone new. They are pushing the bar as high as they can to make as much as they can but frankly they have gone to far.

Thanks for reading this ridiculous rant...

King Ben
09-21-2013, 02:07 AM
DRJ, am never a fan of MOC but thank you for this well written rant (or analysis). I personally think that you have managed to put the crux of the issue in a easy to read manner. Thank you greatly and appreciate your hard work.

PS: deleted the quote as was unnecessary.

Gfours
09-21-2013, 02:32 AM
Great post DRJ

Ms Pickles
09-23-2013, 06:04 AM
Kingdom Age is small fry in Gree's large portfolio of mobile and social games. Japan is their biggest market. KA not even in their top ten. So they focus resources on where the money is, and not as much is actually from KA. You seem strange to think they exist for your enjoyment. No, they exist to make money and all business must play the game of invisible hand with price demand and supply of product and also distribute resources. And at end of day they must also turn a profit. Whine and QQ like babies here will not change anything for you, only way to force change is walk away and not spend real money. If enough player do this, a little analyst in Japan might notice small blip on computer screen and then do statistic to realise correllation betwen player leaving and gmaeplay decision made. Maybe they will say 'screw this game - is write off car wreck. Too much QQ from nancyboy players. maybe we focus resources on other games that earn more money and have better potentials'

E-I
09-23-2013, 06:18 AM
There are a lot of empty kingdoms out there now. :(

Jerusalem
09-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Kingdom Age is small fry in Gree's large portfolio of mobile and social games. Japan is their biggest market. KA not even in their top ten. So they focus resources on where the money is, and not as much is actually from KA. You seem strange to think they exist for your enjoyment. No, they exist to make money and all business must play the game of invisible hand with price demand and supply of product and also distribute resources. And at end of day they must also turn a profit. Whine and QQ like babies here will not change anything for you, only way to force change is walk away and not spend real money. If enough player do this, a little analyst in Japan might notice small blip on computer screen and then do statistic to realise correllation betwen player leaving and gmaeplay decision made. Maybe they will say 'screw this game - is write off car wreck. Too much QQ from nancyboy players. maybe we focus resources on other games that earn more money and have better potentials'

As I mentioned in a different thread, there is a need for players to blow off a little steam in the forum. Without this forum, I'm sure there would be many more empty kingdoms then there already is. And the point of all of this "whining" is to provide feedback to allow Gree to consider player opinions in real time and make changes without first having players abandon the game, or as you like to write, "small blip on computer screen". After all, there are other valid issues to immediately raise with Gree other than fairness, e.g., bugs in quests and wars, customer support issues, etc.

echus14
09-24-2013, 12:53 AM
DRJ - can't say I read your entire post, but would just like to clarify that even in the old days, a heavy gem spender would always outclass a free player, regardless of who active was that free player. Take for example units. The free player at most could have a full dragon army (the aspiration for so many players in those days). But a heavy gem spender could fill his/her army with units far stronger than dragons.

Vendetta V
09-24-2013, 12:58 AM
DRJ - can't say I read your entire post, but would just like to clarify that even in the old days, a heavy gem spender would always outclass a free player, regardless of who active was that free player. Take for example units. The free player at most could have a full dragon army (the aspiration for so many players in those days). But a heavy gem spender could fill his/her army with units far stronger than dragons.

But than still there was only a difference of a couple of hundred K in stats, not a couple of mill. !

Rastlin
09-24-2013, 01:30 AM
But than still there was only a difference of a couple of hundred K in stats, not a couple of mill. !
But back then you couldn't raid up, like you can now. Back then if someone had higher stats you were going to lose, but now you can raid easily a 1 million stats higher...

Vendetta V
09-24-2013, 02:01 AM
But back then you couldn't raid up, like you can now. Back then if someone had higher stats you were going to lose, but now you can raid easily a 1 million stats higher...

That might be so, but that doesn't make it better.
IMO, when you have lower stats, you should lose! It doesn't make sense and is not logical that you can win a raid with much lower stats.

It doesn't improve the game.
Only 8 months ago, I had my goal to have 500K att/deff, having those stats at lv.100 was high! now at lv.100 you must have 1,5~2 mill. stats to be in the high range, all of this is changed the last 3 months.

The top3 guild members must have stats of 7 mill or higher, the TOP10 must have stats of 4 mill. or higher, TOP25 3 mill. or higher, the TOP50 ~ Top150 1~2 mill. or higher.

There are still so many players with stats of 500K or lower, their best option is to join a TOP500 guild, otherwise they can only attack a rival wall or Castle..

TOP500 guilds normally cannot finish guild quests or win good rewards during war. These players are doomed.
When nothing change in the game configuration, there will be many more empty kingdoms :p !

DragCro
09-24-2013, 04:39 AM
I have never seen so many people on this game leave in such a short space . After last war they all say enjoyment gone . Would like to thank GREE for being so greedy for money .you milk the cow you don't kill it. But that is your way so good luck.I'm sorry that your friends left,quited the game...
They are not the only one,i see this in most of guilds.Yes i agree the last war event was hard to play,its stressful for lots of people.I think the point of the game needs to be enjoyment.I realy don't see lately who is enjoying.
I realy hope something changes for better.This people that we meet here are now our friends and yes we are stil here playing most of the part because of people that we share victories and lost battle,bad and good.

P.s.i can't say that i don't like the game.I like new features and events just i wish they are more adjusted for people to enjoy and events needs to be easier.I think Gree can achive to earn money and to make easier events so people can more enjoy and les to stress

possum
09-29-2013, 06:32 AM
Just sold my entire base and donated it.

This game is suffering the same syndrome as MW: hyper-inflation.

Not only that, but the rival's list is pathetic and the worst I've ever seen it; people four times my defense showing up is pointless. Not sure if this is on purpose or a result of low player counts, but it really doesn't matter.

In any case, their greed will be their undoing. They have inflated things to astronomical proportions without thinking about the long-term consequences. It was fun while it lasted.

DragCro
09-29-2013, 06:55 AM
Just sold my entire base and donated it.

This game is suffering the same syndrome as MW: hyper-inflation.

Not only that, but the rival's list is pathetic and the worst I've ever seen it; people four times my defense showing up is pointless. Not sure if this is on purpose or a result of low player counts, but it really doesn't matter.

In any case, their greed will be their undoing. They have inflated things to astronomical proportions without thinking about the long-term consequences. It was fun while it lasted.good luck in real life.Congrats on wining the game